[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

3 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

First this scene hits right in the center with today’s police force situation... 

Second, why I feel, like Jang Gunwon and Park Saeroy dressed here like Joker and Batman :joy: It must all because of JGW’s deep purple costume :joy:

@Anjalifairy what a cool name his former manager has))) Also in suits our Park Saeroy a lot. Even meaning behind it :thumbsup:

And I think today’s cast suits story more, than suggested by writer, so casting director did a perfect job :smirk: But, imo;))

Also we will see soon IU and Park Seojoon in Dream soon)))

You surely have a good imagination about these stuffs. Now you mention it, i agree that they did. Lol joker JGW :)))

Yeah, i guess it's sort of his wishful thinking at that time. He must know that he's not the only one who would decide the cast. There's director and other production people involved. 

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I really like how they're coloring in this drama :heart: All those warm yellow lights give it such a beautiful feeling. 

I know right? So heart warming and so pleasant to see :heart:

Spot Park Saeroy :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beurandless said:

Today I read 'Itaewon Class' webtoon and here are all significant differences in plot between the two versions that I found. I was pretty surprised that the writer changed quite a lot. But it's still fun to watch :blush: Thank God tomorrow is Friday LOL

Wow i read the webtoon but because of no subtitle i couldnt know the detail of difference with drama. But i do notice is the toilet scene it is so different that make me like WHAT??? I remember she is scared and crying for help to park sae royi but in drama she keep her cool.

I hope the writter didnt stick too much with the webtoon but bring his own twist for this. I love the changes so far make it more amazing imo

• Like 4

@Anjalifairy I just love comics, I’m geek :joy: I don’t know if I’m the only one, who had same feeling though :joy:

So if we follow the logic of comics, there is no hero without a tragedy in his life :bawling:

Spoiler

If you interested in k-netz comments))) A lot of them praising Kim Dami and drama))) 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Kim Da Mi and Park Seo Joon updated their IG accounts;)

btw, before drama stared Da Mi had just 3000 followers (she opened her IG account right before premiere) and now already approaching 100k followers;)

@Beurandless I think what I like the most about changes in Oh Soo Ah and Jo Yi Seo, it's how those changes add either more deeps or stronger points to this girls. Those changes do not affect whole story, but they give us another perspective to look at familiar characters;) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Anjalifairy

Thank you so much for the info about the webtoon writer Gwangjin. Its very insightful. I love the setting of Itaewon for the show.The setting/lighting/

stage sets makes the atmosphere all more vibrant. It gives off a very diverse vibe. Also, the cast of characters has a lot of energy & personality. I'm glad that the characters on the show arent perfect who would be considered social 'misfits' from the norm. It makes it all more interesting as you mentioned with JYS, a sociopath, Ma Hyun Yi, a transperson, Seung Kwon, a former gangster, JGS, illegitimate son of a conglomerate, & Tony Kim, a black korean/foreigner portray by Chris Lyon, who are all accompanied/guided by SRY, an ex-con.

@AsveriaPSJ

I agree. The cast of IC as of now is perfect. PSJ portrays SRY with lots of nuance, especially in the way he emotes with his eyes. I like his performance in IC alot. I dont watch any shows of PSJ beside the 4 episodes of WWWSK, which I could not invest/did not continue watching. Im suprise PSJ has not delve into action/thriller/mystery genre tv shows yet like for OCN cable network. KDM is also great as JYS. She definitely has the range to portray JYS. Its always refreshing to have upcoming/new actors onscreen. 

• Like 3

Park Seojoon spotted filming for the drama))

@greenwatch08 you should try to watch Fight For My Way drama or Midnight Runners movie with him then:) In FFMY he plays an ordinary guy with ordinary job, who tries to chaise his dreams and enters MMA fighters competition; he plays a bit simple and dummy, but really loveable kind of guy))) Midnight Runners is an action movie where he plays a cadet cop, who tries to solve the case, when police officers refuse to help a girl, that was kidnapped. Both have more comedic tone compared to Itaewon Class, but really interesting works. In fact, they would probably stay as one of my favorites in whole k-drama/k-movie world even if Park Seojoon wasn’t the part of it. But his involvement just adds so many of extra points, because he is such a good actor :smirk:

• Like 3

@AsveriaPSJ

I know that PSJ lead roles tends to be on the romantic/comedic side. I like his dramatic/grounded performance in IC. I've only seen a bit of Midnight Runners mostly because I wanted to watch it for Kang Ha Neul lol. Usually when I watch tv shows/drama, if the story is interesting with a great cast of characters, I'm totally invested in it, just like with IC. So far, everyone is doing a fantastic job on the show. I'm so excited for tomorrow episode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

@AsveriaPSJ

I know that PSJ lead roles tends to be on the romantic/comedic side. I like his dramatic/grounded performance in IC. I've only seen a bit of Midnight Runners mostly because I wanted to watch it for Kang Ha Neul lol. Usually when I watch tv shows/drama, if the story is interesting with a great cast of characters, I'm totally invested in it, just like with IC. So far, everyone is doing a fantastic job on the show. I'm so excited for tomorrow episode. 

Well, it’s because he has one of the best comedic timing in the business and well-known melo-master in the industry)) His movies trend to be mostly different type though, even if he has few of them, compared to dramas. The Chronicles of the Evil is a detective/thriller and he plays there with his father from IC)) Also there is an occult/action movie called The Divine Fury. Not my favorite, but still a fun watch)) 

But I think you still should try FFMY)) Despite it being labeled as rom-com it deals a lot with social problems men and women face in their late 20’s; it’s also partially about how hard we work and how little reward we get, yet we still try to do our best.

• Like 3

I am totally hooked on this series since watching episode 4.  PSJ was a favorite of mine since watching him on FFMW.  FFMW was the very first KDrama that I ever watched.  I enjoyed ti so much that now I spend most of time enjoying KDramas over traditional American television.

So far the casting has been very good and the characters come across as very true to their 'toon personas.  This is a great ensemble cast and looking forward to the Friday/Saturday episodes.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

The distinction between SA & JYS is great. The cast of characters on this show is diverse in appearance & personality. I love how close the show tries to replicate SRY & JYS's webtoon appearance within those promo stills when they are standing back to back lol. 

SRY is a great ML. Usually, I tend to not like ML in most drama because they can be insufferable but SRY is the opposite. Alot might be put off by his righteousness or that he's too nice but that's his main charm because he stands by his moral and convictions. I like his demeanor & the way he carries himself because he isnt loud or haughty. He's not judgemental & has an understanding of others. He doesn't treat people like crap unless he feels he's being disrespected. I like his appearance alot. SRY isnt the typical glamour city boy because his street fashion sense is a total vibe. I love his outfits especially his sneakers. I want all the stuff he wears lol specifically his jackets. It's the little quirks too that makes his character charming & likable like when hes in deep thought & pauses to speak and also he does this thing where he rubs/smooth out his hair. SRY may not know it himself but his actions always have an positive impact/effect on people he meets. To me, those kind of characters are the best kind of characters. 

This is also the first drama of PSJ that Im invested in since I like the characters & story alot. 

I'm one of those people, who usually don't like villains or morally super gray characters. I prefer heroes and always liked them;) And I 100% agree with you, that his character is a gem, along with his style;) It's been something, that I'm enjoying, since PSJ started showing small snippets of PSR's style on his IG;) I think all characters look awesome in the drama; JYS/PSR especially look different and unique (imo) compared to the most drama characters, when they're together (or not;)))

Btw, I read some blog posts and comments, where people went to hunt for some specific items from PSR's style, but all stores were out of stock due to rising demand for clothes, that he wore in the drama B):lol:

Fanart

• Like 3

OSEN | 2020. 02. 13. 8:19 PM

Secret of Park Seo Joon's "Park Sae Ro Yi phenomenon" in "Itaewon Class"

202002140805776684_5e45d703ec193.jpg

Park Seo Joon's belief in "Itaewon Class" is creating deep sympathy that touched the hearts of all viewers.

The Fri-Sat drama "Itaewon Class" (JTBC the general TV channel, scriptwriter Jo Gwang Jin, director Kim Sung Yoon) is getting an enthusiastic response from the audience. The passionate acting of young actors such as Park Seo Joon, who is creating the Park Sae Ro Yi sensation and once again affirming his true value with the influence at a different level, Kim Dami, Kwon Nara, Kim Dong Hee, Ryu Kyung Soo, Lee Joo Young, etc. has received many good reviews. As a result, the drama is continuously maintaining its popularity as the viewership ratings increased rapidly and reached 10% after only 4 episodes (9.4% nationwide, 10.7 % in the metropolitan area, Nielsen Korea, the standard of households using paid platforms).

Three factors directing, script and acting are all perfect. Director Kim Sung Yoon and screenwriter Jo Gwang Jin teamed up to recreate the fun of the original webtoon more vividly and richly. In addition, the acting of the cast including Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, Yoo Jae Myung, and Kwon Na Ra made the audience immersed in and attracted to the drama. Above all, the characters loved in the webtoon showed new charms through the interpretations and acting of the cast.

The reason why the drama is getting much love is the character Park Sae Ro Yi played by Park Seo Joon. He always lives and imprints in his heart the teaching "live with faith" from his father. His belief shines even more brightly in the bitter reality and the irrational world we live in. Because all of us have the dream of once living with all the heart as Park Sae Ro Yi, but few can easily do that. Park Sae Ro Yi's life full of faith is the ideal and the desire of the viewers and also the reason why we do not hesitate to support the passionate rebellion of this character.

From the beginning, Park Sae Ro Yi was a different character. He faced a dangerous situation right from the first day of school when he punched Jang Geun Won (played by Ahn Bo Hyun) - the son of a tycoon family bullying a classmate. Sae Ro Yi also did not back down at the request of president Jang Dae Hee (played by Yoo Jae Myung) that he would help him escape the risk of expulsion if he would kneel and apologize. Even when Sae Ro Yi went unjustly into prison for murder attempt, president Jang still once again came to make Sae Ro Yi kneel in front of him. However, Sae Roy made the audience got chill when he not only refused to compromise but also firmly replied, "Your family is the one who must kneel down." The strong belief that helped Park Sae Ro Yi not to succumb to the bitter reality that he will forever be attributed to the label "undergraduate-highschool former prisoner" has touched the hearts of all viewers.

Time passes by, Park Sae Ro Yi once again faced Jang Geun Won at the police station. After the fact that the group of minor Jo Yi Seo (played by Kim Dami) visited Danbam pub by a fake ID card was notified, Park Sae Ro Yi's pub business was suspended for 2 months. Jang Geun Won also went to the police station because of his younger brother Jang Geun Soo (played by Kim Dong Hee) who was also in this group. He provoked Park Sae Ro Yi, who was looking down on him, by saying he would help him. Seeing that, the police immediately changed their attitude.

Park Sae Ro Yi angrily told police, "We're not friends. Do it according to the law" then left the police station. Jo Yi Seo didn't understand his acts and advised him to endure only once. However, Park Sae Ro Yi evoked deep sympathy from viewers with the saying, "That 'only once' is the thing changing people."

Despite being continuously entangled in the insistent bad bond with the firm Jangga, Park Sae Ro Yi didn't blame Oh Soo Ah, who had become his business rival. At Oh Soo Ah's uneasiness, Park Sae Roy Yi reassured her, "You just try to live your life and I always feel thankful." Even when Oh Soo Ah admitted that she reported Danbam pub to the police, he only said, "You must have a reason for doing that. I wouldn't know it if you didn't tell me. I'm only a bit sad."

Hearing indifferent yet heartwarming words of Park Sae Roy Yi to a wavering Oh Soo Ah, viewers can feel his solid trust in himself and comfort for the girl. As Park Seo Joon said, "Park Sae Ro Yi is attractive thanks to his honest and simple-minded personality while living hard and keeping his conviction", "Sae Ro Yi syndrome" is fascinating TV viewers with only one faith and expected to be deeper.

Episode 5 of the drama "Itaewon Class" will be on air at 10:50 pm (KST) February 14.

Photo = Provided by JTBC
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3

@serenilmauve

The thing I like about SRY is that he's really grounded/down to earth. Hes like a person you'd meet/see walking down the street in real life. He's doesnt come off as too comical/cartoony in appearance or personality even though the story is based on a webtoon lol. His fashion sense is a favorite aspect. The casual street wear & those sneakers are just awesome. SRY's character is not a glamourous person who's dolled up in the typical manner in most kdrama. This makes his character appear more realistic/has more relatable appeal. I like the way JYS dresses too. It's very comfortable & chic. She really matches the leather jacket & dress look. The cast of characters on IC is refreshing & unique. 

PSJ really suit the casual-street style alot. I'm not sure if it's his stature/height & built but he looks really good. He even makes wearing sweatpants look appealing lol. KDM really matches/suit the style of JYS too. I see that many are getting the 'chessnut' cut like SRY lol.

BTW, I love Ma Hyun Yi's appearance alot too. MHY's style of dressing is definitely what I like to wear. Lee Joo Young is so pretty & handsome.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1