Quantcast
Jump to content
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

From my understanding of the conversation with his Shi Fu, he was given the role of God of War because of his maturity and ability to descent to High God at a young age.  He was born a normal immortal and not one that can be the God of War.

You are right - it was also mentioned (now I don't remember which scene exactly since I'm all eagle-eyed about OTP scenes only) - that because his parents were killed by demons - so, he wanted to protect the six realms and get rid of demons - that seems to be his life-mission until LX showed up. He's also said to be an angry God of War (his shifu comments on his improved temperament) 

 

I'm with @Alice_in_a_rabbithole - no sequels please (don't want to see them go through anything else) - just release more footage and unaired scenes and BTS 

 

@blueclueblue please translate the interview! :D

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

You are right - it was also mentioned (now I don't remember which scene exactly since I'm all eagle-eyed about OTP scenes only) - that because his parents were killed by demons - so, he wanted to protect the six realms and get rid of demons - that seems to be his life-mission until LX showed up. He's also said to be an angry God of War (his shifu comments on his improved temperament) 

 

I'm with @Alice_in_a_rabbithole - no sequels please (don't want to see them go through anything else) - just realise more footage and unaired scenes and BTS 

 

@blueclueblue please translate the interview! :D

 

I agrees with you, no sequels. Also don’t want to see them go through any hardship. But I would love an epilogue, an adventure of their daughter and Wu Wan. Or just to see how all the other characters’ lives and how JC escaped as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Please watch this.  It has some of the drama cliches but it got handle very differently.  If you're not into love triangle, long drawn out misunderstanding or just fluff and no substance romance then this is for you.

I’ve beeb watching this drama. I’ve watched it with sub and without sub. So much that I think my Mandarin has improved a bit lol.

You right about it not drawn out. To me it cover some of the flaws from TMoP, such as a male lead who’s so crazy about love that he threw away his responsibilities, and a female lead who can’t handle a loss love.

I enjoys this drama more!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!! So glad I found this thread! Been feeling so lost without new episodes to watch :'( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 1:15 PM, DramaLover said:

I’m stumped watching a re-run, and need your help... what are the three trials in the mortal arc?

 

First was her dad trying to kill her. 

Second ....? (dying in JX arms?)

Third was A’Mo learning about Ling Xi and dying in JC’s arms

 

 

 

Hi! Based on my understanding, LX had to undergo three 'trials' or Jie in order to wash the evil miasma or air and defeat the Demon King. The first being a Sheng Jie or a Living Trial (don't know how to correctly translate it) basically she'll undergo an arduous trial (be betrayed and almost killed by the one person who she loved and adored most, her human father) but following which, she'll live. 

 

The next two are a bit complicated. LX had to undergo a death trial (Si Jie), the part where she gets very sick and starts coughing up blood. 

 

But LX/LM also had to undergo a relationship trial or Qing Jie, where she dies believing that JC doesn't love her Lin Mo, but this other woman Ling Xi. So she asks him, is the person he's been waiting for LX and not her and that all her life was JC just accompanying her to wait for her to die, so Ling Xi could come back?

 

Which is why she went into this speech saying she's also a person, with family members, people she cares about and she has a whole life that she lived. How can her life just be cruelly termed 'fake' and a 'trial' for someone else. How can the person she love so much actually not love her, but also just be hanging around her waiting for her to die. She loves him wholeheartedly and when she asks him if he's ever loved Lin Mo, JC just tells her to be a good girl and give him the life-saving pearl. And she does because she loves him but she dies believing that JC never truly loved her as Lin Mo. 

 

That's also why Si Ming was reluctant and refused to tell JC about the details of Lin Mo's third trial because it concerned JC as well. Methinks Si Ming knew JC wouldn't be able to cope with being another person that inflicts pain and suffering onto Lin Mo, and that JC wouldn't stick to the script LOL

 

Also! When JC meets his Shifu, his Shifu tells him it was a trial for LX but also for JC as well. Cause I believe he really did love Lin Mo and cherished all the time he spent with her in the mortal world. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all your insights! I am gonna take time to reply to each one of yours. 

 

I am now up till almost the episode where she will needs to die the first time. I hated that part. So heart wrenching.... I wonder why no one mention anything about Jiuchen having feelings for Lingxi when its obvious he has been trying desperately to protect her especially after how he declare in court that he is giving up his position and will retire to Congji Yuan with her and guard her there. No one says anything though I reckon after that episode, the Heavenly Emperor finally had a gist of whats going on. He was earlier on perplexed that out of the blue,Jiuchen gives up his position. Now the second time when Lingxi was found out, he realizes that Jiuchen has feelings for her and therefore wants to protect her. The emperor is extremely generous and he loves Jiuchen to help him protect her. I like this emperor so much compare to the one in TMOPB. 

I realize that throughout the first arc...and perhaps..second arc..nobody dares to say anything about Jiuchen having feelings for Lingxi...only in the third arc...everyone is talking about it...it went to the extent of his subordinates teasing him. I wonder why nobody says anything earlier. Too afraid of him? Or because they werent sure since he has such a poker face on. Lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Not sure if it's you or someone else that mentioned about BTS, bloopers are going to start popping and what not.

I watched a video and was going to do a post but since you mentioned it, I just drop it here.

In one of his talk show appearance (娱乐百分百), Chang Chen mentioned that filming bed scenes are not hard for him and he doesn't have any issues with it even with the crews members are around.  However Tony Leung is still a master when it comes to bed scenes.  It's all about angles.  He has being learning from the best since the age of 20.

 

I really  love how all the comments are "we're from L&D" :lol:

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av26060132?from=search&seid=7603287494534488028

If anyone want me to translated, let me know. 

 

 

Please translate the video I would really appreciate it. :wub: Also, I'm dying to know what they said in that one interview Chang Chen Article (Chinese) so whenever you post it please let me know. To be honest Zhang Ziyi is just average to me. I only really thought she was good in the Geisha and Hidden dragon movie.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

Here's a FMV video of it has some of my fav OTP scenes.:heart:

 

Love and Destiny Ost - Shuang Sheng - The Sound of Forest Birds FMV *OTP Scenes*

 

 

 

Kyaahhhh!!!! my hearttt!!!!!! this two and the OST itself was worth a hundred million years of life. I can die peacefully!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Thank you @BaiZiHua for all the treats!!!! :kiss_wink:

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BaoChenHua said:

 

Kyaahhhh!!!! my hearttt!!!!!! this two and the OST itself was worth a hundred million years of life. I can die peacefully!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Thank you @BaiZiHua for all the treats!!!! :kiss_wink:

 

Always a pleasure to share with fellow fans <3 <3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

From my understanding of the conversation with his Shi Fu, he was given the role of God of War because of his maturity and ability to descent to High God at a young age.  He was born a normal immortal and not one that can be the God of War.

 

I just watch epi 42 subs where JC was explaining to QY that he was brought up emotionless as to reach higher up in divinity and to be fair and just thus he have his heart guarded till he met LX. So once he fell in love, he thinks its worth it to protect her at all cause. This is after QY asked him whether is it worth it to go to mortal realm and see LX goes through her calamity. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay am at noob level. Never in my life I imagine I would be commenting or even sign up to comment. But the love I have for L&D is way above and beyond. I have watched diligently without subs all the way till 60. Watching with subs till epi 42 earlier today. Hopefully epi 43 is up tomorrow. Its crazy watching it and not understanding most of the conversations yet I have managed to laugh and cry along. Now with subs, I’ve managed to grasp the story better. Its just beautiful. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Galaxy Gugu said:

Yay am at noob level. Never in my life I imagine I would be commenting or even sign up to comment. But the love I have for L&D is way above and beyond. I have watched diligently without subs all the way till 60. Watching with subs till epi 42 earlier today. Hopefully epi 43 is up tomorrow. Its crazy watching it and not understanding most of the conversations yet I have managed to laugh and cry along. Now with subs, I’ve managed to grasp the story better. Its just beautiful. 

Where watch with sub? English sub?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't recall who was the one of you ladies, that asked me for one of the cut kisses, so i ll leave this one here (he didnt see it on screen. 

no it isnt the same as the one we say from different angle, its another one that was cut)

 

https://ibb.co/KhT2bwX

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sugar doughtnut said:

Where watch with sub? English sub?

From Astro. Its a paid TV subscription with VOD and PVR. They have uploaded till epi 42 today. And yeshhhhh, english subs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Galaxy Gugu said:

 

I just watch epi 42 subs where JC was explaining to QY that he was brought up emotionless as to reach higher up in divinity and to be fair and just thus he have his heart guarded till he met LX. So once he fell in love, he thinks its worth it to protect her at all cause. This is after QY asked him whether is it worth it to go to mortal realm and see LX goes through her calamity. 

Thank u for giving us a gist of what happen. Subs arent till there yet...so i went through the whole series thinking jiuchen has never told anyone how he felt about lingxi save lingxi herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

 

 

Please translate the video I would really appreciate it. :wub: Also, I'm dying to know what they said in that one interview Chang Chen Article (Chinese) so whenever you post it please let me know. To be honest Zhang Ziyi is just average to me. I only really thought she was good in the Geisha and Hidden dragon movie.

 

Oh, I translated this article.  The author is not very kind to Chang Chen, she kind of trash him for being arrogant that he's still not famous eventhough he worked with all of these well known directors. 

I don't like Zhang Zi Yi either, there's this I'm greater than everyone else aura that she has.  I like Tang Wei more and if anyone I want to see Chang Chen co-star with, it'll be her.  

Edited by blueclueblue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Oh, I translated this article.  The author is not very kind to Chang Chen, she kind of trash him for being arrogant that he's still not famous eventhough he worked with all of these well known directors. 

 

pf gossip kind of articles!

 

every actor/actress is as famous as he chooses to be. Some of them choose to focus on their celebrity image, some of them focus on acting in projects they like, even though these projects are not so successful in terms of money and fame.

Chang Chen has indeed worked with top notch directors, some of his projects went downhill some were medium some were great.

As i've already mentioned, he is already famous, years ago, in cinefil circles. Obviously, it was his choice. 

The only time he cared about enlarging his audience, was this time with L&D.  I dont know how his fans are dealing with that- i was never a fan of anyone in general (i dont like the term "fan"-meaning someone is blindly following and approving everything a celeb does, as if he has some kind of relationship with him/her), but, just to be objective as a viewer and a cinefil, i enjoy both kinds of entertainment for different reasons:

dramas (and anime) for fun

and good movies to feed my estet needs.

 

           oh girls! Friday is coming!

           Is this plan of ours to watch episodes (all of us who are watching the subbed ones now)

           and discuss it here, is on?

Please please let's do that! Ok, as much as i loved any drama, the biggest part of it is this kind of communication here, gossiping, commenting with you etc! (dramas will be forever available to watch after all. But having this kind of communication isnt that common in everything with people from all around the world)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

I agrees with you, no sequels. Also don’t want to see them go through any hardship. But I would love an epilogue, an adventure of their daughter and Wu Wan. Or just to see how all the other characters’ lives and how JC escaped as well.

I don't want a sequel either, but if the production team has a good working relationship with Chang Chen and Ni Ni, I hope they can write another script for the 2 of them.  The director directed the series WuXin: the monster hunter and it's very good, still historical era but different genre.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...