[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

Thank you for all your insights! I am gonna take time to reply to each one of yours. 

I am now up till almost the episode where she will needs to die the first time. I hated that part. So heart wrenching.... I wonder why no one mention anything about Jiuchen having feelings for Lingxi when its obvious he has been trying desperately to protect her especially after how he declare in court that he is giving up his position and will retire to Congji Yuan with her and guard her there. No one says anything though I reckon after that episode, the Heavenly Emperor finally had a gist of whats going on. He was earlier on perplexed that out of the blue,Jiuchen gives up his position. Now the second time when Lingxi was found out, he realizes that Jiuchen has feelings for her and therefore wants to protect her. The emperor is extremely generous and he loves Jiuchen to help him protect her. I like this emperor so much compare to the one in TMOPB. 

I realize that throughout the first arc...and perhaps..second arc..nobody dares to say anything about Jiuchen having feelings for Lingxi...only in the third arc...everyone is talking about it...it went to the extent of his subordinates teasing him. I wonder why nobody says anything earlier. Too afraid of him? Or because they werent sure since he has such a poker face on. Lol.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Not sure if it's you or someone else that mentioned about BTS, bloopers are going to start popping and what not.

I watched a video and was going to do a post but since you mentioned it, I just drop it here.

In one of his talk show appearance (娱乐百分百), Chang Chen mentioned that filming bed scenes are not hard for him and he doesn't have any issues with it even with the crews members are around.  However Tony Leung is still a master when it comes to bed scenes.  It's all about angles.  He has being learning from the best since the age of 20.

I really  love how all the comments are "we're from L&D" :lol:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av26060132?from=search&seid=7603287494534488028

If anyone want me to translated, let me know. 

Please translate the video I would really appreciate it. :wub: Also, I'm dying to know what they said in that one interview Chang Chen Article (Chinese) so whenever you post it please let me know. To be honest Zhang Ziyi is just average to me. I only really thought she was good in the Geisha and Hidden dragon movie.

15 minutes ago, BaiZiHua said:

Here's a FMV video of it has some of my fav OTP scenes.:heart:

Love and Destiny Ost - Shuang Sheng - The Sound of Forest Birds FMV *OTP Scenes*

Kyaahhhh!!!! my hearttt!!!!!! this two and the OST itself was worth a hundred million years of life. I can die peacefully!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Thank you @BaiZiHua for all the treats!!!! :kiss_wink:

10 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

From my understanding of the conversation with his Shi Fu, he was given the role of God of War because of his maturity and ability to descent to High God at a young age.  He was born a normal immortal and not one that can be the God of War.

I just watch epi 42 subs where JC was explaining to QY that he was brought up emotionless as to reach higher up in divinity and to be fair and just thus he have his heart guarded till he met LX. So once he fell in love, he thinks its worth it to protect her at all cause. This is after QY asked him whether is it worth it to go to mortal realm and see LX goes through her calamity. 

Yay am at noob level. Never in my life I imagine I would be commenting or even sign up to comment. But the love I have for L&D is way above and beyond. I have watched diligently without subs all the way till 60. Watching with subs till epi 42 earlier today. Hopefully epi 43 is up tomorrow. Its crazy watching it and not understanding most of the conversations yet I have managed to laugh and cry along. Now with subs, I’ve managed to grasp the story better. Its just beautiful. 

8 minutes ago, Galaxy Gugu said:

Yay am at noob level. Never in my life I imagine I would be commenting or even sign up to comment. But the love I have for L&D is way above and beyond. I have watched diligently without subs all the way till 60. Watching with subs till epi 42 earlier today. Hopefully epi 43 is up tomorrow. Its crazy watching it and not understanding most of the conversations yet I have managed to laugh and cry along. Now with subs, I’ve managed to grasp the story better. Its just beautiful. 

Where watch with sub? English sub?

2 hours ago, Galaxy Gugu said:

I just watch epi 42 subs where JC was explaining to QY that he was brought up emotionless as to reach higher up in divinity and to be fair and just thus he have his heart guarded till he met LX. So once he fell in love, he thinks its worth it to protect her at all cause. This is after QY asked him whether is it worth it to go to mortal realm and see LX goes through her calamity. 

Thank u for giving us a gist of what happen. Subs arent till there yet...so i went through the whole series thinking jiuchen has never told anyone how he felt about lingxi save lingxi herself. 

6 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

Please translate the video I would really appreciate it. :wub: Also, I'm dying to know what they said in that one interview Chang Chen Article (Chinese) so whenever you post it please let me know. To be honest Zhang Ziyi is just average to me. I only really thought she was good in the Geisha and Hidden dragon movie.

Oh, I translated this article.  The author is not very kind to Chang Chen, she kind of trash him for being arrogant that he's still not famous eventhough he worked with all of these well known directors. 

I don't like Zhang Zi Yi either, there's this I'm greater than everyone else aura that she has.  I like Tang Wei more and if anyone I want to see Chang Chen co-star with, it'll be her.  

20 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Oh, I translated this article.  The author is not very kind to Chang Chen, she kind of trash him for being arrogant that he's still not famous eventhough he worked with all of these well known directors. 

pf gossip kind of articles!

every actor/actress is as famous as he chooses to be. Some of them choose to focus on their celebrity image, some of them focus on acting in projects they like, even though these projects are not so successful in terms of money and fame.

Chang Chen has indeed worked with top notch directors, some of his projects went downhill some were medium some were great.

As i've already mentioned, he is already famous, years ago, in cinefil circles. Obviously, it was his choice. 

The only time he cared about enlarging his audience, was this time with L&D.  I dont know how his fans are dealing with that- i was never a fan of anyone in general (i dont like the term "fan"-meaning someone is blindly following and approving everything a celeb does, as if he has some kind of relationship with him/her), but, just to be objective as a viewer and a cinefil, i enjoy both kinds of entertainment for different reasons:

dramas (and anime) for fun

and good movies to feed my estet needs.

oh girls! Friday is coming!

Is this plan of ours to watch episodes (all of us who are watching the subbed ones now)

and discuss it here, is on?

Please please let's do that! Ok, as much as i loved any drama, the biggest part of it is this kind of communication here, gossiping, commenting with you etc! (dramas will be forever available to watch after all. But having this kind of communication isnt that common in everything with people from all around the world)

9 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

I agrees with you, no sequels. Also don’t want to see them go through any hardship. But I would love an epilogue, an adventure of their daughter and Wu Wan. Or just to see how all the other characters’ lives and how JC escaped as well.

I don't want a sequel either, but if the production team has a good working relationship with Chang Chen and Ni Ni, I hope they can write another script for the 2 of them.  The director directed the series WuXin: the monster hunter and it's very good, still historical era but different genre.

1 hour ago, Vals Stor said:

oh girls! Friday is coming!

Is this plan of ours to watch episodes (all of us who are watching the subbed ones now)

and discuss it here, is on?

Please please let's do that! Ok, as much as i loved any drama, the biggest part of it is this kind of communication here, gossiping, commenting with you etc! (dramas will be forever available to watch after all. But having this kind of communication isnt that common in everything with people from all around the world)

True - I love to read all the comments here - everyone is so helpful with the links, translations, clarification of doubts and general love for the OTP :heart:

Someone take initiative and set the agenda for the rewatch thing - @CatWhiskers @Vals Stor

Girls i just found out that there's a section here in soompi, named: clubs

https://forums.soompi.com/clubs/

So, if anyone interested in fanfic, we can go there or here:

https://forums.soompi.com/forum/7-fanfix/

It can also be private as i noticed, and available only to those who get in as members of the club.

@Alice_in_a_rabbithole @shimshimae @Cammy @BaiZiHua and everyone else who wants to join, we can start it there

@shimshimae We can also make a club to watch and comment the episodes there, or here instead, im in whatever you girls decide!

1 minute ago, CatWhiskers said:

Lets discuss it here. It would be easier. About the rewatch...every one of us is at a different episode. What would anyone suggest? Shall we do just EPISODE 1-15 this week?if u have watch further...then hang on till we get there.

Good idea. I'd love to join the rewatch as well.

I know I'm going to feel very empty soon, when I get to the finale. 

Btw, I'm still backtracking this thread and I'm also one who's conflicted about spoilers lol - "afraid yet also wanna know" lol. I'd love to read everyone's input after I'm done watching till the end, this first round. So, if anyone has tagged me for anything, please pardon my delay in responding to you. And, I can't log in to soompi as often as I want to, so please understand. 

Can't wait to get to the finale :love: I really really love this OTP, singularly and jointly, and love this drama (the romance, the humor, the sights and sounds, everything! lol). Least of all, its cast and its crew! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

Girls i just found out that there's a section here in soompi, named: clubs

https://forums.soompi.com/clubs/

So, if anyone interested in fanfic, we can go there or here:

https://forums.soompi.com/forum/7-fanfix/

It can also be private as i noticed, and available only to those who get in as members of the club.

@Alice_in_a_rabbithole @shimshimae @Cammy @BaiZiHua and everyone else who wants to join, we can start it there

@shimshimae We can also make a club to watch and comment the episodes there, or here instead, im in whatever you girls decide!

Add me to the club.

Archived