Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Really?? I didnt get that part without subs. My chinese is poor. 

They talked a lot.  I missed it and only notice it when I rewatch it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

lol I skip around a lot, so I thought the first time we saw Congji Abyss was when JC bought LX to it. However, they already show it in first episode, that’s where his sword was store.

I just rewatched bits and pieces - good catch! they clearly show Congji Abyss!

Further, YF says to SM that the Sky Eater was sealed in front of South Gate (which is the tree that disappears when LX touches it) weird place to seal a deadly monster if you ask me lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, shimshimae said:

hahaha - I fast-forwarded that part since I can't understand without subs :joy:

 

Bilibili is treasure trove!

 

more awesome video edits:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62115138?from=search&seid=12594104633647777045

 

not sure if this interview was posted before: @blueclueblue translation please! :D 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av62289021?from=search&seid=5578137939448663466

 

Translation for the video

 

Q: How do you feel about L&D being call “old flavor destiny”?


It was never specific that this series need to be this or that when they filmed it.  It’s up to the audience to interpret however they want and form their own opinion. When people first watch L&D, they didn’t feel anything special with it, but now that it’s at ep 30, they feel that it’s “真香”, direct translation is “smells good”, internet slang mean it’s something they sneer at but found to be really good.  Eventually the audiences changed from  “真香” to “震香”.  This series is actually a love journey that you’ll find to be warm and meaningful.

Q : They asked about the design  but play with word with the designer name. I guess it imply that the costume he designed is just “meh”?

She like Zhang Shu Ping design since TROP, the costume based on the character rather than the costume defines the character.  Now that the audiences are really into the character and their storyline, the costume design needs to match to the feel of each arc.

Q: Question is more less about if she has the looks for the role or has the shape for the role?

Since she doesn’t have a sweet face, so she uses other methods to act out the role and depend on the designer to dress the part for each arc (the gist of the answer).

Q: Do you feel that working with Chang Chen in Savage helps with the chemistry for this series?

They didn’t have a lot of scenes together in Savage so they’re not close/ familiar with each other.  When they first met, he seems to be someone that’s hard to get to know.  With the time spent filming during the series, he’s someone that’s cute and authentic.  Since he’s into physical activities, he usually plays baseball with this team (assistant, etc).  He gets along well with the directors and the people that work behind the scenes.  There’s a little childish in his personality.

Q:  What kind of partner is Chang Chen?

Since she’s an observer and working with such outstanding actor like Chang Chen, she observe what type of research he prepares for the role.  Since he doesn’t use a lot of body language when act, so if you pay attention to his face you can see abundant of difference expressions.  His acting is very steady but it doesn’t mean there’s no expression. It’s a high level of performance.  He’s really did a lot of homework for it. 

Q:  In the series, Chang Chen touching your ear is becoming a hot topic?

Because her character has an evil miasma mark behind her ear, so it doesn’t have any special meaning behind it.  Since people are into the storyline so they try to find some special association to the gesture.

Q:  Are you interest in modern drama?

For an actor to perform in differences outlets, whether it’s small, big screen or on stage, it already very satisfy.  Since she’s not major in acting, she feels like she needs put in more effort and study hard. She appreciate to have these directors and mentors that push and help her with an opportunity, there’s no reason for her to not come agree to it and taken it as an opportunity to learn and improve on the craft.  She’s a very curious person.  With the first movie that pushes her to the limelight, she needs to make more improvement and to dedicate more time to hone her skill (something a long those line, don’t want to be known for that one role that made her famous)

Q: What’s the difference between performance on stage and on screen?

There’s only one chance when performed on stage and there’s no room for mistakes. With on screen, you can re-do or have the scene cut.  Since people can’t she her face when performing on stage so she has to use her body and voice to perform.  It’s about making sure that the audience sitting in the front or the back to have the same experience.  She loves the stage since she can see the audience reception.

Q:  How do you see your growth and development?
She feels that her acting career is not too bad, it’s developing steadily. She feels that an actress should not depend on other to adapt to them, but using their acting skill and experience to create a good performance is something that she’s thriving for. (The gist of it)

Q: Do you have preference to be in a film? Do you consider partner and broadcast as a reason to act in a film?  (These 2 questions are similar but the person asked it in different ways)

It’s always about the role when she agrees to be in a film (tv series or movie).  It would be great to have a comparable partner and production team.  But it still boils down to on how she feels about the role.

She’s only worry about making sure to act well for a role and not worry about other thing such things as partner or if it’ll get broadcast.  She’ll be filming a modern day series soon.

Q:  Something about picture or video for a vlog, may be some kind of lifestyle thingy, I don’t live in Asia or China to know what the heck this is.  

She has no plan to do it, she doesn’t want people to know everything about her personal life, and she doesn’t like doing still picture.  She likes natural/spontaneous type of pictures. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Translation for the video

  Reveal hidden contents

Q: How do you feel about L&D being call “old flavor destiny”?


It was never specific that this series need to be this or that when they filmed it.  It’s up to the audience to interpret however they want and form their own opinion. When people first watch L&D, they didn’t feel anything special with it, but now that it’s at ep 30, they feel that it’s “真香”, direct translation is “smells good”, internet slang mean it’s something they sneer at but found to be really good.  Eventually the audiences changed from  “真香” to “震香”.  This series is actually a love journey that you’ll find to be warm and meaningful.

Q : They asked about the design  but play with word with the designer name. I guess it imply that the costume he designed is just “meh”?

She like Zhang Shu Ping design since TROP, the costume based on the character rather than the costume defines the character.  Now that the audiences are really into the character and their storyline, the costume design needs to match to the feel of each arc.

Q: Question is more less about if she has the looks for the role or has the shape for the role?

Since she doesn’t have a sweet face, so she uses other methods to act out the role and depend on the designer to dress the part for each arc (the gist of the answer).

Q: Do you feel that working with Chang Chen in Savage helps with the chemistry for this series?

They didn’t have a lot of scenes together in Savage so they’re not close/ familiar with each other.  When they first met, he seems to be someone that’s hard to get to know.  With the time spent filming during the series, he’s someone that’s cute and authentic.  Since he’s into physical activities, he usually plays baseball with this team (assistant, etc).  He gets along well with the directors and the people that work behind the scenes.  There’s a little childish in his personality.

Q:  What kind of partner is Chang Chen?

Since she’s an observer and working with such outstanding actor like Chang Chen, she observe what type of research he prepares for the role.  Since he doesn’t use a lot of body language when act, so if you pay attention to his face you can see abundant of difference expressions.  His acting is very steady but it doesn’t mean there’s no expression. It’s a high level of performance.  He’s really did a lot of homework for it. 

Q:  In the series, Chang Chen touching your ear is becoming a hot topic?

Because her character has an evil miasma mark behind her ear, so it doesn’t have any special meaning behind it.  Since people are into the storyline so they try to find some special association to the gesture.

Q:  Are you interest in modern drama?

For an actor to perform in differences outlets, whether it’s small, big screen or on stage, it already very satisfy.  Since she’s not major in acting, she feels like she needs put in more effort and study hard. She appreciate to have these directors and mentors that push and help her with an opportunity, there’s no reason for her to not come agree to it and taken it as an opportunity to learn and improve on the craft.  She’s a very curious person.  With the first movie that pushes her to the limelight, she needs to make more improvement and to dedicate more time to hone her skill (something a long those line, don’t want to be known for that one role that made her famous)

Q: What’s the difference between performance on stage and on screen?

There’s only one chance when performed on stage and there’s no room for mistakes. With on screen, you can re-do or have the scene cut.  Since people can’t she her face when performing on stage so she has to use her body and voice to perform.  It’s about making sure that the audience sitting in the front or the back to have the same experience.  She loves the stage since she can see the audience reception.

Q:  How do you see your growth and development?
She feels that her acting career is not too bad, it’s developing steadily. She feels that an actress should not depend on other to adapt to them, but using their acting skill and experience to create a good performance is something that she’s thriving for. (The gist of it)

Q: Do you have preference to be in a film? Do you consider partner and broadcast as a reason to act in a film?  (These 2 questions are similar but the person asked it in different ways)

It’s always about the role when she agrees to be in a film (tv series or movie).  It would be great to have a comparable partner and production team.  But it still boils down to on how she feels about the role.

She’s only worry about making sure to act well for a role and not worry about other thing such things as partner or if it’ll get broadcast.  She’ll be filming a modern day series soon.

Q:  Something about picture or video for a vlog, may be some kind of lifestyle thingy, I don’t live in Asia or China to know what the heck this is.  

She has no plan to do it, she doesn’t want people to know everything about her personal life, and she doesn’t like doing still picture.  She likes natural/spontaneous type of pictures. 

 

thank you so much! :D :heart: nice insights about her and L&D

happy to know she will be doing a modern drama soon! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I just rewatched bits and pieces - good catch! they clearly show Congji Abyss!

Further, YF says to SM that the Sky Eater was sealed in front of South Gate (which is the tree that disappears when LX touches it) weird place to seal a deadly monster if you ask me lol

 

Wow...good point. I guess u really need to pin out the details... @Winterfairy has good eyes...lol...

 

@blueclueblue So wasted...i wish i paid more attention and work on my chinese when i was younger.

 

Alright..now that a fellow fan above mentioned about a tree...i just realized there is so much trees mentioned or shown or used in this drama.

 

The first we saw are peach blossom trees, then the tree that Lingxi touched which turned to ashes, then the tree that Jiuchen touched at the compound of his Fuyun Hall the first thing he came back, to the peach blossom tree Ling Mo love...to the peach blossom tree Jiuchen planted for Lingmo and lastly....300 years later...Lingxi touched the same tree Jiuchen did in the Fuyun Hall.

 

I did a bit of a research and it is interesting to note that trees symbolizes a fresh start on life, positive energy, good health and a bright future. It is also a symbol of immortality and eternal life. A tree grows old, yet it bears seeds that contain its very essence and in this way, the tree becomes immortal. 

It is a beautiful meaning when Jiuchen touched the tree in his courtyard on his return, symbolizing how he came back with a fresh start and true to him being a great god..is immortal. And I like how they close the story with Lingxi touching the same tree. Its like coming back to a full circle.

 

A peach blossom tree in particular symbolizes youth and longetivity..it also represents love. In the Chinese culture, or frm where I come from...we like to celebrate our grandparents birthdays with cakes shaped like peaches or have a cake and then we get those soft buns (mantao) that is shaped like peaches to wish them long life. 

 

Just pondering on it..love how they use it in the drama.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fan made video crack me up.  There are so many fanmade videos of the 2 of them. 

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64647278?from=search&seid=7788039165614459915

 

I'm pissed that I can't watch iQiYi, why would they tease me with all of these couple cut videos and won't let me watch any of it. They are so freaking stingy even with the international app.  :rage:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CatWhiskers My chinese is at middle school level.  I use online dictionary to translate words that I don't understand.  If you listen to any language long enough, sometime you can make out some of the words.  I can't speak or understand Japanese fully even with watching tv drama, movie and anime for so long time but I understand some of the dialogues mainly from hearing them a lot.   It's very hard to grasp chinese especially with historical drama.  They speak another language all together, and use a lot of idioms, the genre specific language, etc.  I only get the gist of the conversation most of the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Wow...good point. I guess u really need to pin out the details... @Winterfairy has good eyes...lol...

 

@blueclueblue So wasted...i wish i paid more attention and work on my chinese when i was younger.

 

Alright..now that a fellow fan above mentioned about a tree...i just realized there is so much trees mentioned or shown or used in this drama.

 

The first we saw are peach blossom trees, then the tree that Lingxi touched which turned to ashes, then the tree that Jiuchen touched at the compound of his Fuyun Hall the first thing he came back, to the peach blossom tree Ling Mo love...to the peach blossom tree Jiuchen planted for Lingmo and lastly....300 years later...Lingxi touched the same tree Jiuchen did in the Fuyun Hall.

 

I did a bit of a research and it is interesting to note that trees symbolizes a fresh start on life, positive energy, good health and a bright future. It is also a symbol of immortality and eternal life. A tree grows old, yet it bears seeds that contain its very essence and in this way, the tree becomes immortal. 

It is a beautiful meaning when Jiuchen touched the tree in his courtyard on his return, symbolizing how he came back with a fresh start and true to him being a great god..is immortal. And I like how they close the story with Lingxi touching the same tree. Its like coming back to a full circle.

 

A peach blossom tree in particular symbolizes youth and longetivity..it also represents love. In the Chinese culture, or frm where I come from...we like to celebrate our grandparents birthdays with cakes shaped like peaches or have a cake and then we get those soft buns (mantao) that is shaped like peaches to wish them long life. 

 

Just pondering on it..love how they use it in the drama.

that's very interesting to know! there's also the plant which JX gives Amo :joy: and his weird plant powers 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

@CatWhiskers My chinese is at middle school level.  I use online dictionary to translate words that I don't understand.  If you listen to any language long enough, sometime you can make out some of the words.  I can't speak or understand Japanese fully even with watching tv drama, movie and anime for so long time but I understand some of the dialogues mainly from hearing them a lot. 

I can recognise some words in Chinese now because I've watched so many episodes of this drama on repeat :joy: but it is mainly limited to monosyllables - I wonder how long it'll take to actually understand without subs :sweatingbullets: - I am trying to learn more vocabulary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

This fan made video crack me up.  There are so many fanmade videos of the 2 of them. 

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64647278?from=search&seid=7788039165614459915

 

I'm pissed that I can't watch iQiYi, why would they tease me with all of these couple cut videos and won't let me watch any of it. They are so freaking stingy even with the international app.  :rage:

Omg...all the fanmade video r seriously good! Tq@blueclueblue. I had so much joy watching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, Sugar doughtnut said:
  Hide contents

Finally i got understand what YT talk with JC at purifying pool episode 34

YT : Shen zhun, i have made a mistake. I have been punished. Can you forgive me?

JC : Have you learned from your mistake?

YT: Yes, i know thats it my fault. I shoudn't kept letter from my brother hidden. I shoudn't have kept it myself and put you in trouble. I shoudn't have attempted to destroy battle report just hide the truth.

YT : Shen Zhun, please forgive me. I dont want to be a general anymore. I also dont want try to fix Yuan Family reputation anymore. I dont want anything. I just want stand by your side and watch you conduct military practice. I dont ask for a special place in your heart. I'm willing to be your shadow. Please let me stay by your side. Please let me make up my mistake. Its okay?

YT : Shen Zhun, my family has been following you thousand years. Many disciples from my family sacrificed for you. I have been taught by you since young. I dont believe that you dont love me at all.

YT: Shen Zhun. Shen Zhun.. Since you are not going give me any hope, why you here waiting me?

JC: I was just passing by. I recalled Ling Xi's pain when you pushed her into the pond. I was trying to hold down the desire to push you into the pond.


Zhong Hao meet Demon King.

ZH : Lord why did you summon me?

DK : Do you have news about that child?

ZH : No, i think she in mortal world. I'll look her urgently.

DK : Are you really looking for her? You must have been deceived by the scent in Tianxi Palace and have completly forgotten about you mission

ZH : Lord, i will never forget about your order.

DK : You better keep it in mind. The night of blood moon is approaching. The gate of Fulingyuan will be opened. I'll be there to welcome our Demon Tribe troop.

ZH: Understood.

DK : 50.000 years are more enough.

 

 

 

Just going back to watch this section made me realise how YT really doesn't understand JC at all and how obsessed she was with JC and achieving his heart+favour she became quite ruthless in how she treated everyone else. I kinda wish they made her the main villain instead of JX LOL 

 

Also watching from the beginning I could see JC might have had a soft spot for her in a brother-sister kinda way. But she was definitely in love with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

This fan made video crack me up.  There are so many fanmade videos of the 2 of them. 

 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av64647278?from=search&seid=7788039165614459915

 

I'm pissed that I can't watch iQiYi, why would they tease me with all of these couple cut videos and won't let me watch any of it. They are so freaking stingy even with the international app.  :rage:

 

Install this Chrome extension called Unblock Youku and you will be able to see all the IQIYI free videos (not including VIP videos those you have to pay). Now that the show is over all the L&D videos there are free. I am able to watch all the L&D videos on IQIYI now. I am in Canada.

Yes they now have the couple cut I am so excited.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zijinini said:

 

Install this Chrome extension called Unblock Youku and you will be able to see all the IQIYI free videos (not including VIP videos those you have to pay). Now that the show is over all the L&D videos there are free. I am able to watch all the L&D videos on IQIYI now. I am in Canada.

Yes they now have the couple cut I am so excited.

Thank you, I forgot about those unblock extension.   Any who,  that extension is not on chrome anymore but firefox has it.  I can see them now.  Thank you again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I just rewatched bits and pieces - good catch! they clearly show Congji Abyss!

Further, YF says to SM that the Sky Eater was sealed in front of South Gate (which is the tree that disappears when LX touches it) weird place to seal a deadly monster if you ask me lol

 

Yup, yup I was like it makes sense now how that beast show up and find LX.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Minitsuii said:

 

Just going back to watch this section made me realise how YT really doesn't understand JC at all and how obsessed she was with JC and achieving his heart+favour she became quite ruthless in how she treated everyone else. I kinda wish they made her the main villain instead of JX LOL 

 

Also watching from the beginning I could see JC might have had a soft spot for her in a brother-sister kinda way. But she was definitely in love with him. 

That's how I feel about YT as well.  Her character development is so much more better than JX and it would have elevate this series so much if they made her the main villain.  I really like Hai Ling portrayal of the character, ruthlessness, conniving, amoral with a hint of sweetness. She may be my 3rd favorite character apart from the leads.  I like everyone else just okay. 

I'm rewatch this series with YT in mind as the main villain and skipped all of JX and Bao Qing princess parts.  Gosh I hate the 2 of them with a passion.   :lol: I hate how the actor over dramatic/ theatrically acting and Bao Qing is just a terrible character so kudos to the actress for making me hates her character. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shimshimae said:

thank you so much! :D :heart: nice insights about her and L&D

happy to know she will be doing a modern drama soon! :D 

She just finished a movie with Andy Lau and Sean Lau recently too, saw an interview of it. Not sure what modern drama is she doing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’all have to rewatch episode 2 lol. Every time JC saw Shi San his facial expression is hilarious. At the beginning I feel bad for him because he just woke up from a bloody battle. Then saw a big change in subordinate...mind exploded internally.

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

That's how I feel about YT as well.  Her character development is so much more better than JX and it would have elevate this series so much if they made her the main villain.  I really like Hai Ling portrayal of the character, ruthlessness, conniving, amoral with a hint of sweetness. She may be my 3rd favorite character apart from the leads.  I like everyone else just okay. 

I'm rewatch this series with YT in mind as the main villain and skipped all of JX and Bao Qing princess parts.  Gosh I hate the 2 of them with a passion.   :lol: I hate how the actor over dramatic/ theatrically acting and Bao Qing is just a terrible character so kudos to the actress for making me hates her character. 

 

Like honestly I think they short-changed her character. We should have had a final showdown between YT and our girl LX (test them new God powers). Ya! she's really good as an actress, she really made me hate her and she did such a good job with the role as well. 

 

I think Bao Qing's acting was pretty good too!! I think Ethan Li (the guy that plays JX) was just overly dramatising at times? You can see that from the way he talks about his role in the BTS he's quite serious or like quite a method actor? I think his costume look wasn't great :'( and the writing for his character was a bit, flat? Like I see how they thought it would work but his motivations/ character arc seemed so muddled that I just felt towards the end them forcing his love for LM as the main driving factor for his demonic possession was like -face palm- also his speech at the end about demons being in LX and JC's hearts was...  -face palm-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...