[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

I agree that JC has fallen for LX overtime or gradually.  I guess with his being the God of War, it must be real tiring to constantly having to face or seen all the hatred, fighting in battles with all the bloodshed etc., everything that is considered bleaky and hopeless.  LX is like a 'breath of fresh air' with all her innocence and purity whether she's an immortal or a mortal she's still the same..gives it a deep feeling of hope for him and with this hope, he believes that together they can overcome whatever evilness that may happen in the future for her...he just wants to protect her like she did for him when he was almost been exposed of his frozen hand at the heavenly meeting, i think that's when he started to like her.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love watching the increasing intensity JC shows to LX.

It's so poetic. When they first meet, he is stone  cold (literally as he was an ice man) and her first touch gives him warmth and awakens him. And his intense and serious gaze continues as he refuses to even look at her twice. 

Then, we see him talk to her more, facial expressions loosen as he smiles, and then his looks of her just softens until he is all out intensely protective And caring... Constantly breaking character at her innocent requests eg. Accepting disciples, pretending to be weak and sick so that LX would let him into the house and nurse him, cooking without magic, being thick skinned by forcibly putting her arms around him under the ruse of measuring his  size so she could make him clothes, and even changing her destiny so she doesn't have to suffer. The list goes on... 

I love it how LX is so gentle and soft in nature and in contrast JC who is such a powerful deity has become like jelly in her hands.

I think that erotic love (and mostly....lust)

works in mysterious ways. So, it doesnt have to be certain things for a god of war to fall for a girl (and vice versa)

That's the magic thing and the main quality of erotic love: no one can ever explain what makes it happen, what brings it to life.

Its something untouchable and vague, strong and vulnerable in many ways. So.....i 'd say that-as in real life- so in the drama,

i 'd leave my analytic thoughts outside of it and just....enjoy that hot, strong and kind god of war, trying to keep beside him his fairy!

:wub:

@Kittles  what do you mean when you say: 

48 minutes ago, Kittles said:

changing her destiny so she doesn't have to suffer.

Our God of War went from ice mountain to molten hot lava.

I am pleased that Ling Xi/MoMo was not overly upset that Jiu Chen was not the real Mr Song. I think she liked Jiu Chen from the start. It may be true in the rumours that the real Mr Song was not keen on marrying a deaf and mute wife.

It is so funny when Jiu Chen tried to tell the truth that he is a High Immortal from the heavens and Ling Xi/MoMo told him not to make up stories. His pettiness came out as he told her to "sun" that leafless branches given to her by Jing Xiu and Xiao Bai destroyed it later.

I loved his confession.

I like the part where she's scolding him for some reason during the dinner - she thumps her hand on the table and he's like a little boy taken aback lol anyone can explain why he makes her faint?

This God of War doesn't take no for an answer lol - I like that he looks at her eyes post kissing (still with a lot of intensity) - there's a lot of minute body language changes both of them show - I think JC's intensity is key to his hotness lol

3 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Our God of War went from ice mountain to molten hot lava.

I am pleased that Ling Xi/MoMo was not overly upset that Jiu Chen was not the real Mr Song. I think she liked Jiu Chen from the start. It may be true in the rumours that the real Mr Song was not keen on marrying a deaf and mute wife.

It is so funny when Jiu Chen tried to tell the truth that he is a High Immortal from the heavens and Ling Xi/MoMo told him not to make up stories. His pettiness came out as he told her to "sun" that leafless branches given to her by Jing Xiu and Xiao Bai destroyed it later.

I loved his confession.

now, I get the context lol

2 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I like the part where she's scolding him for some reason during the dinner - she thumps her hand on the table and he's like a little boy taken aback lol anyone can explain why he makes her faint?

This God of War doesn't take no for an answer lol - I like that he looks at her eyes post kissing (still with a lot of intensity) - there's a lot of minute body language changes both of them show - I think JC's intensity is key to his hotness lol

True true, a hot true! :wub:

Chang Chen is an expert in body language and in expressing pure raw passion without even moving. It depends on the director too, but

anyone who have watched the movie "Eros" of Wong Kar Wai, Antonioni and Soderbergh, i bet agrees with me.

Luckily, L&D director likes and knows how to create a hot atmosphere between a couple (in TMOPB she proved it). Though i cant say the same thing about TROPS 's director -im still bitter about it!:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Dinner Time

Jiu Chen wanted to reach for the bun when Ling Xi/MoMo took it away.

LX/MM: Speak! Where are you from? What do you do for a living? Who do you have in your family? What do your parents or relatives do? When was it you know of me? Why is it when I am in danger? How did you find your way here?

JC: Again ... you asked these same questions?

LX/MM: What do you mean I asked these (questions) again? You have never answered my questions. Don't think because of your small tricks, you can get away with it. Status and standing is part of one's personality. I do not know of you, how can I be with you? What if you are a bandit or a conman?

JC: I am a High Immortal from the Heavens ...

Ling Xi/Momo slammed the table.

LX/MM: Don't try to be funny, please be serious.

Jiu Chen looked a little sheepishly

LX/MM: Where are you from? From the North ... the Grassland ... from the South ...

With that Jiu Chen "sedated" Ling Xi/MoMo. Xiao Bai voiced his concern to Jiu Chen

Jiu Chen: Why must she be so troublesome? She kept asking the same questions so many times.

Xiao Bai growled angrily

Jiu Chen: What do you know?

Jiu Chen carried Ling Xi/MoMo to her bed. He then asked the Local Deity to create an identity for him. One with some wealth. The Deity was very apt right down to creating a document of an indented concubine. So funny he mentioned he is single with no marriage agreement when he spotted the "concubine" contract. He told Ling Xi/MoMo that it belonged to his uncle and even knocked down a chair in his haste.

The mortal Ling Xi/MoMo stands equally with Jiu Chen hence she is able demand answers for her questions.

The interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

This thread is on fire after some kisses. Lol. 

I like the part that even when Jiuchen reveals his real identity to Momo and she thumps her hand on the table and tell him to quit fooling around. Lol. Poor Jiuchen. Revealing his true self also didn't work with her. He looks exasperated. 

I am waiting for the episode where she came back as her true identity and kick all those who kick her a** in the heaven tribe. Namely, Yuan Tong. That girl gets on my nerves. 

2 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Can anyone with better Chinese tells me what is it that Jiuchen snatch away from Momo when he eagerly presented to her his list of "properties and possessions"? 

It is an indented contract for a concubine in exchange for money. I understand from 'The Story of Ming Lan', concubines also have contracts in which they can be released after they buy their way out of it.

25 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

It is an indented contract for a concubine in exchange for money. I understand from 'The Story of Ming Lan', concubines also have contracts in which they can be released after they buy their way out of it.

Thank u. I saw ur reply there..so i deleted off my comment but u caught it anyway. 

Was wondering if u have seen the episode previews for this week? I wanted to know what Yuan Tong is saying to Jiuchen at the Yuan Du mountain. It should be Friday's episodes.

1 hour ago, Vals Stor said:

True true, a hot true! :wub:

Chang Chen is an expert in body language and in expressing pure raw passion without even moving. It depends on the director too, but

anyone who have watched the movie "Eros" of Wong Kar Wai, Antonioni and Soderbergh, i bet agrees with me.

Luckily, L&D director likes and knows how to create a hot atmosphere between a couple (in TMOPB she proved it). Though i cant say the same thing about TROPS 's director -im still bitter about it!:rolleyes:

Yes - it's a very unique ability - to express so much and so easily without moving - and there's no misinterpretation of such looks lol

39 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

This thread is on fire after some kisses. Lol. 

I like the part that even when Jiuchen reveals his real identity to Momo and she thumps her hand on the table and tell him to quit fooling around. Lol. Poor Jiuchen. Revealing his true self also didn't work with her. He looks exasperated. 

I am waiting for the episode where she came back as her true identity and kick all those who kick her a** in the heaven tribe. Namely, Yuan Tong. That girl gets on my nerves. 

We are basking in the bonfire lit by JC's hotness lol 

43 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Dinner Time

Jiu Chen wanted to reach for the bun when Ling Xi/MoMo took it away.

LX/MM: Speak! Where are you from? What do you do for a living? Who do you have in your family? What do your parents or relatives do? When was it you know of me? Why is it when I am in danger? How did you find your way here?

JC: Again ... you asked these same questions?

LX/MM: What do you mean I asked these (questions) again? You have never answered my questions. Don't think because of your small tricks, you can get away with it. Status and standing is part of one's personality. I do not know of you, how can I be with you? What if you are a bandit or a conman?

JC: I am a High Immortal from the Heavens ...

Ling Xi/Momo slammed the table.

LX/MM: Don't try to be funny, please be serious.

Jiu Chen looked a little sheepishly

LX/MM: Where are you from? From the North ... the Grassland ... from the South ...

With that Jiu Chen "sedated" Ling Xi/MoMo. Xiao Bai voiced his concern to Jiu Chen

Jiu Chen: Why must she be so troublesome? She kept asking the same questions some many times.

Xiao Bai growled angrily

Jiu Chen: What do you know?

Jiu Chen carried Ling Xi/MoMo to her bed. He then asked the Local Deity to create an identity for him. One with some wealth. The Deity was very apt right down to creating a document of an indented concubine. So funny he mentioned he is single with no marriage agreement when he spotted the "concubine" contract. He told Ling Xi/MoMo that it belonged to his uncle and even knocked down a chair in his haste.

The mortal Ling Xi/MoMo stands equally with Jiu Chen hence she is able demand answers for her questions.

The interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

Thank you for this :D

and sorry for spamming with successive posts 

EBVYfLhVUAUE38t?format=jpg&name=medium

EBVYfLmUcAAhy3R?format=jpg&name=medium

EBVYfLkUcAAorYi?format=jpg&name=medium

EBVYfLlU0AAcKug?format=jpg&name=medium

Watching the episodes with subs has different impact though the actings skills shown by both the leads supporting characters and storyline were enough that I continued watching it without subs but seriously its hurting so much seeing jiu Chen and linxi suffering.Their love and sacrifices for each other made me bawl :tears:.God of war is my kind of favorite male lead he is neither too agressive nor too cold that could hurt anyone and the way he was silently crying after execution of linxi left lump in my throat:tears:

P.s Douban rating -7.3 :thumbsup:

Honestly...i think besides Lingxi's character...Jiuchen is also physically attracted to her...no doubt they casted the right actress for Ling Xi. It has been repeated many times in the drama how beautiful she is. From the father..to the god who like Qing Yao (i forgot his name), to Si Ming, to the gossips of the other servants in the sky palace. Lol. Apprarently.. The stoic God of war is also a victim of great beauty.

8 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Was wondering if u have seen the episode previews for this week? I wanted to know what Yuan Tong is saying to Jiuchen at the Yuan Du mountain. It should be Friday's episodes.

Yuan Tong smashed an item that Jiu Chen wanted. Yuan Tong mentioned that in the past she have been willing to risk her life for anything as long as he wanted it but unfortunately now Jiu Chen wanted was her life.

YT: Shen Zhong, do you know whatever I have done was to get close to you? What I felt for you is pure love. Why did you have to treat me this way?

Jiu Chen looked at the dead bodies

JC: These people ... were they killed by you?

YT: Even if they were not killed by me ... Shen Zhong will still think I killed them. Shen Zhong, you had never believe me. Why did you need to ask me that question? I have orders to stand guard at Mount You Du and the Hall of Medicine is the one which sent the antidote ... Shen Zhong, have you once thought of my safety? It is because you favoured Ling Xi therefore you took good care of her sister as well. Shen Zhong ... you indeed have a generous heart to fit so many people. How come you did not leave a spot (in your heart) for me?

Yuan Tong raised her hand intend to caress Jiu Chen but Jiu Chen spoke to stop her action

JC: Yuan Tong: You have done such evil deeds. You think you can imprisoned Ling Xi and hope it will hide the truth. Or did you think that I am one of such weak character?

The interpretation is best based on the limited understanding of the language 

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Honestly...i think besides Lingxi's character...Jiuchen is also physically attracted to her...no doubt they casted the right actress for Ling Xi. It has been repeated many times in the drama how beautiful she is. From the father..to the god who like Qing Yao (i forgot his name), to Si Ming, to the gossips of the other servants in the sky palace. Lol. Apprarently.. The stoic God of war is also a victim of great beauty.

I'm sure beauty is one aspect of his complex feelings for her but I like the rawness and honesty of his "erotic love" for her - it's like a brute unstoppable force lol 

Archived