Quantcast
Jump to content
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

Recommended Posts

The more i watch the episodes (im trying to follow the subbed ones but i cant resist watching some scenes from the latest)

 

the more i regret for my first opinion about that series. I absolutely love many characters in this drama, plus the side stories.

 

As for Chang Chen, i was so wrong at first. Personally i didnt find him old (for god's sake, he's only 43-i dont get why many Asian fans have such a problem with age, people at their 40's are still young. In western dramas,men and women are considered much hotter after their 30+ god bless Javier Bardem, Aston Kutcher, Sam Heughan, Hemsworth brothers etc!) but i was a bit negative about his attitude, his face expressions etc at first.

Now i can see why he was like that, it was part of his character after so many years of seclusion.

I think he' s ideal for that role. Even though they are killing his looks with that funny (and so not artistic shooting angles that make him look like a monkey-i mean c'mon people, the man is hot, give him the right angles and let him be), still he's great.

As for his love for our little fairy, i think its the most moving kind of love that they could give us in a drama. A strong love, passionate but still a bond that can endure everything (at least for him up to now), without making him sick or make him act like a cute puppy around her. He is attached to her from the moment she was born-in both her lives till now, he is steady on his attitude, he doesnt let her out of his sight and i cant find a single silly or rushed move in his actions to protect her, to love her, to feed his need for her by being close all the time.

Ok, im falling for him hardly :wub:

 

Not to mention how good kisser he is-i kinda missed watching so much chemistry and such nice directed kisses-TROP had left all of us hunger for some intimate moments, plus there was only a kiss, a rushed one underwater-for cryin out loud! :confounded:

 

Same thing they did with Ye Hua in TMOPB! Awful make up on his face, a fake and ugly wig, that cheap looking satin black robe, but Mark Chao managed to give a perfect Ye Hua!

Spoiler

 

Oh! Forgot to mention: i ve got the impression that Ling Xi's time in the mortal realm, seems mostly Jiu Chen's trial. 

I mean, he experiences the loss of his love in human terms, he's experiencing rejection, ignorance, he cooks, he eats street food, washes the dishes, lives like a human tasting all the good and painful things that humans enjoy and suffer.

 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ... oh ... looks like Jiu Chen will suffer some backlash as he is not allowed to use his power on mortal while he is in the mortal world. Unfortunately, he "freeze" the two kidnappers. His temporary heart cannot take the strain either.

 

I think it is so cute that Ling Xi/MoMo seemed to have the idea that Jiu Chen is a demon and took great effort to make him avoid all the items that ward off demons. Jiu Chen is the God of War.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Oh ... oh ... looks like Jiu Chen will suffer some backlash as he is not allowed to use his power on mortal while he is in the mortal world. Unfortunately, he "freeze" the two kidnappers. His temporary heart cannot take the strain either.

 

I think it is so cute that Ling Xi/MoMo seemed to have the idea that Jiu Chen is a demon and took great effort to make him all the items that ward off demons. Jiu Chen is the God of War.

 

It doesn't matter who she is, she always has that caring toward him, even when she just met him in the mortal realm.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vals StorA lot of people are having the same reaction as you in regard to this series.  Some people even disappoint that this series is nothing like TMOPB. 

Once people give this series a chance, most people are falling for Chang Chen in both China and international.  LOL

I personally start this series when it first aired because Chang Chen intrigues me for making a tv series debut with this series.  And so far, I’ve not being disappointed with the storyline.  I don’t really like Ni Ni’s costumes thus far. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

@Vals StorA lot of people are having the same reaction as you in regard to this series.  Some people even disappoint that this series is nothing like TMOPB. 

Once people give this series a chance, most people are falling for Chang Chen in both China and international.  LOL

I personally start this series when it first aired because Chang Chen intrigues me for making a tv series debut with this series.  And so far, I’ve not being disappointed with the storyline.  I don’t really like Ni Ni’s costumes thus far. 

 

Yeap, Nini's dresses are exactly the same as Bai Qian in TMOPB pf. The director repeats many things from TMOPB too. That's a fail to me, but i guess she did it on purpose so to keep a similar atmosphere with TMOPB since it had such huge success!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jadore1 said:

 

I am stalled at ep 12 due to sub, but did God of War recognize Ling Xi as the baby he ' sacrificed" him self or is that coming up in the later episodes ? 

PCCD backup group(FB) has subbed it till 21 episodes you can watch it there

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ep 21 

Spoiler

Qing Yao arrives where Ling Xi is being imprisoned and all the guards rush forward. She knocks them all out with a drug. Ling Xi refuses to leave, fearing all her family and friends will be implicated, but Qing Yao knocks her out too, and takes her away. The guards begin to recover but Yuan Tong steps up menacingly...

 

Meanwhile Tianjun asks Tian Lei how the preparations are going for cleansing the demonic essence. Tian Lei says he just needs one more Greater God to assist, and everyone turns to look at Yun Feng. "Why are you all looking at me? Am I the only Greater God in the whole heavenly court?" Jiu Chen is in seclusion and the rest of the gods have jobs. 

 

Yun Feng: I have a job too!

Tian Lei: Yun Feng, if you don't want to do it, find a better excuse. Do you think anyone believes that you have a job you can't leave?

Yun Feng: i... still haven't recovered from my serious wounds. Qing Yao says that I shouldn't do any heavy lifting powers-wise for the next hundred, thousand years, or else...

 

At which point Yuan Tong comes in and reports that Qing Yao stole Ling Xi away. She also reports that all the immortals guarding Ling Xi have also died, saying that she witnessed Qing Yao killing all of them with poison. Tian Jun commands Zi Guang and Fang Sheng to go after them. Yuan Tong asks permission to go with them and her request is approved. Yun Feng, however, is not allowed to go, much to Tian Lei's satisfaction.

 

Le Bo and Cheng Yan meet up with Qing Yao, but the troops are already there. The three split up, causing their pursuers to split up too. 

 

Jiu Chen comes to a conclusion. Tian Zun says that all things have a fixed number/life span, which cannot be changed by force.

 

Tian Zun: There is confusion in your heart that you cannot resolve, as if your feet are stuck in the mud and you can find no way out. By judging only with your eyes, you see a limited pattern. If you sit in a well and look at the sky, how can you see its vastness? Do you think that what you can see in the well is the sky, and what you can't see is no longer the sky?

Jiu Chen: Even if I sit in the well, how can I not know the vastness of the earth and sky? Patterns may be able to cover my eyes, but it cannot cover the whole sky. When I look at the sky, I look with my heart. The sky is the sky, and contains the world. There is no inside or outside, it doesn't matter where you view it from. If there is one piece or part missing, it cannot be considered complete. Master may I ask, is an incomplete sky still considered the sky?

 

Tian Zun argues again that there are only two directions he can go. Would he destroy heaven and earth for a fall of water, and if heaven and earth were destroyed, there would be no water. Jiu Chen replies that he has no intention of destroying heaven and earth, and will not allow heaven and earth to be destroyed because of him. His master says it is an unsolvable problem, but Jiu Chen disagrees again. Jiu Chen firmly believes there is a solution. All things turn away from Yin and embrace the Yang, and though they run in opposite directions, they eventually come together again. Yin and Yang push against each other and create a whole. What he is seeking is that whole. His master shakes his head and the rocks continue to spin.

 

Zhong Hao gets a report that Ling Xi has escaped. He commands that she be brought back to him at all costs.

 

Yun Feng refuses to believe Qing Yao killed all the guards. He tests a gate and gets turned back until he figures out he can leave his a shell of his body and takes off for Qing Yao. Yuan Tong catches up with Qing Yao and who they think is Ling Xi, but they discover that it's Cheng Yan. She's about to strike a killing blow when Yun Feng manages to block her.

 

Ling Xi wakes up and breaks out of the pouch. Her dad floods her with a torrent of words explaining he'll take her to an island and they'll hide away for at least 100,000 years. Ling Xi cries and agrees to go with her father and they have a sweet father-daughter moment.

 

Jing Xiu also hears the news, and Chi Bi declares they need her to get to Zhong Hao, and also to repair their relationship with Ling Yue, and Jing Xiu makes a move.

 

Jing Xiu's master makes the last argument: You were willing to kill 10,000 soldiers - you are risking all creation. Jing Xiu flashes back to his slaughter of the troops, then back to when he met Ling Xi as a baby, pulling on his fingers. (More arguments and then...) In the end, Jing Xiu tells his master that he has to walk his own path, bows to him, and walks out of the cave amidst dramatic music.

 

Zi Guang catches up with Le Bo and Ling Xi. Qin Yuan and company arrive and start slaughtering the heavenly troops, Jing Xiu intervenes when Ling Xi is attacked. Le Bo and Ling Xi run again, but run into Zhong Hao, who severely wounds Le Bo. Jiu Chen arrives and engages Zhong Hao while Le Bo and Ling Xi try to escape but Le Bo collapses and asks her to go in search of an immortal named Fu Shou on a remote island. He also tells her that he's not her biological father, and about how he found her, and that she has parents somewhere.

 

Yuan Tong arrives and when Ling Xi fights her and falls, Le Bo protects her and is killed. At this point, Ling Xi explodes in a phoenix-shaped flame and knocks Yuan Tong back, and is witnessed by Jing Xiu. As she mourns for Le Bo, her seal glows red and she hears the demon lord calling her.

 

Jiu Chen beats back Zhong Hao and leaves to follow Ling Xi. He manages to stop her right before she walks into the demon seal.The demon lord calls her and she attacks Jiu Chen before he stops her and wakes her up. She starts to cry and ask what she's done wrong.

 

Ling Xi: Did I do something wrong? Why do they all want to kill me? Isn't the heavenly court supposed to be fair? Shouldn't all the gods and immortals protect the law? I've never killed anyone! Why do they all say I'm corrupted? Why did they kill my dad?

Jiu Chen: You didn't do anything wrong. It's not your fault.

Ling Xi: Then whose fault is it? Whose is it?

Jiu Chen: It's my fault. It's my fault. Ling Xi, do you trust me?

Demon Lord: He's lying to you! Don't believe him!

Jiu Chen: Come with me. I will protect you, and not let anyone hurt you.

Demon Lord: Girl, if you follow him, you'll die without a grave and you will regret it.

Jiu Chen puts his forehead on hers: Let's go. Let's go.

 

 

Phew. This was a really heavy episode. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way the Demon King is in a really hurry to get hold of Ling Xi in her current mortal form. This is because as what Jiu Chen intended, when Ling Xi finished with her mortal life she will return to the Heavens in a promoted rank and by then the demonic aura in her will disappear and that will be the end for the Demon King as he will be unable to return.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

The more i watch the episodes (im trying to follow the subbed ones but i cant resist watching some scenes from the latest)

 

the more i regret for my first opinion about that series. I absolutely love many characters in this drama, plus the side stories.

 

As for Chang Chen, i was so wrong at first. Personally i didnt find him old (for god's sake, he's only 43-i dont get why many Asian fans have such a problem with age, people at their 40's are still young. In western dramas,men and women are considered much hotter after their 30+ god bless Javier Bardem, Aston Kutcher, Sam Heughan, Hemsworth brothers etc!) but i was a bit negative about his attitude, his face expressions etc at first.

Now i can see why he was like that, it was part of his character after so many years of seclusion.

I think he' s ideal for that role. Even though they are killing his looks with that funny (and so not artistic shooting angles that make him look like a monkey-i mean c'mon people, the man is hot, give him the right angles and let him be), still he's great.

As for his love for our little fairy, i think its the most moving kind of love that they could give us in a drama. A strong love, passionate but still a bond that can endure everything (at least for him up to now), without making him sick or make him act like a cute puppy around her. He is attached to her from the moment she was born-in both her lives till now, he is steady on his attitude, he doesnt let her out of his sight and i cant find a single silly or rushed move in his actions to protect her, to love her, to feed his need for her by being close all the time.

Ok, im falling for him hardly :wub:

 

Not to mention how good kisser he is-i kinda missed watching so much chemistry and such nice directed kisses-TROP had left all of us hunger for some intimate moments, plus there was only a kiss, a rushed one underwater-for cryin out loud! :confounded:

 

Same thing they did with Ye Hua in TMOPB! Awful make up on his face, a fake and ugly wig, that cheap looking satin black robe, but Mark Chao managed to give a perfect Ye Hua!

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Oh! Forgot to mention: i ve got the impression that Ling Xi's time in the mortal realm, seems mostly Jiu Chen's trial. 

I mean, he experiences the loss of his love in human terms, he's experiencing rejection, ignorance, he cooks, he eats street food, washes the dishes, lives like a human tasting all the good and painful things that humans enjoy and suffer.

 

 

 

When I hear people at 40+ are old, it feels like I should make an appointment with my undertaker since he is my age.

 

Those Netizens need a life of their own since with all that 20+ actors around I feel like robbing the cradle. My niece is 21, so some of them could be literally my sons. Having a grown up man as ML is very satisfying especially someone that hot. That scene when he picked up his sword after he was awoken and the camera comes near: Rawr!

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crispachu said:

 

Simple isn't quite the word - or at least not how most people would take it. Simple as in uncomplicated, as in the opposite of being calculative; simple as in straightforward, honest, no need to guess at hidden meanings or motives behind their words and actions. The phrase they use is 单纯, which translates to simple and pure.

 

Sorry folks, took a break this weekend, will get back into recaps when I get home tonight.

 

Thanks for clarifying that. I got weirded out when that scene came. 

 

What I want to clarify is when JC started liking back LX. Was it during his decision not to let LX die when they left her to freeze out in his chamber? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

 

Thanks for clarifying that. I got weirded out when that scene came. 

 

What I want to clarify is when JC started liking back LX. Was it during his decision not to let LX die when they left her to freeze out in his chamber? 

I don't know that it's possible to pin it down to one scene. I think the writers really meant to show you a subtle and gradual development when it comes to JC's feelings for LX and that's why I think it has been so hard for many to pick up. But that's pretty realistic, right? In life, there's never going to be one moment when you start to like someone, it's always going to happen little by little until finally there comes a time when you are unable to deny it. You really have to watch JC's facial expressions and the way his eyes soften to her over time. If there's one scene I can think of for when he becomes aware, it's that scene in episode 12 where LX is sitting across from him and she starts bobbing around because she's falling asleep. JC can't help but laugh, and then a moment later his smile goes away and it's replaced by this serious look of awareness, his eyes cast down and I think that's when the light goes off in his head that he's attracted to her.

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished the latest episode subbed in PCCD group in FB. That's episode 23 and that was heart-wrenching.

 

I wonder if JC will realize LC's hearing sacrifice for the fire and likewise, if LC will realize JC's plan.

 

The mortal world arch is 20 episodes long, right? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's two episodes, we got 3 kisses. All initiated by our God of War.

 

I wander what was the last document Jiu Chen took away before Ling Xi/MoMo could see it. I saw there was a thumb print. A concubine contract?

 

I hope Jiu Chen will teach that younger sister a lesson soon.

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Today's two episodes, we got 3 kisses. All initiated by our God of War.

 

I wander what was the last document Jiu Chen took away before Ling Xi/MoMo could see it. I saw there was a thumb print. A concubine contract?

 

I hope Jiu Chen will teach that younger sister a lesson soon.

 

I think there were two kisses but both perfect! Great episodes both! I tried not to watch them in details so to wait for subs! :wub:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I just finished the latest episode subbed in PCCD group in FB. That's episode 23 and that was heart-wrenching.

 

I wonder if JC will realize LC's hearing sacrifice for the fire and likewise, if LC will realize JC's plan.

 

The mortal world arch is 20 episodes long, right? 

 bold-

Spoiler

He will in coming episodes and i think he takes it back from that guy to whom linxi gave her hearing ability(correct me if i am wrong)As for LX realization in the mortal world jing xiu told lx that jiu chen killed her (while lx was spitting blood) in his defence jiu chen said she will understand him why he did that

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually amazed Yuan Tong has not been executed - just based on the fact she killed all those guards! How are they okay with just sending her to guard the tower, then promoting her back immediately after she just accomplishes one thing? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, usagi1997 said:

Anyone who knows if there are mobile wallpapers for this series?

i am using this but will check for more 

15629887811877400_a580xH.png

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guzheng version of ost - "Water from the heaven"(zhang bichen and Zheng yunlong)

 

i love this instrument and hope croton will release the bg score of this drama

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...