[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

I'm so glad everyone here is enjoying this drama. I really love reading everyone's comments and hope that you all will stay with this drama till the end. I keep praying that the drama's Douban rating will go up. I'm so happy I've found this drama to be honest I don't really know anyone in the cast (except Ni Ni). I've only seen Ni Ni in Suddenly Seventeen. This is the first time I've seen Chang Chen act. He and Ni Ni have such great chemistry. I'm ever so grateful to be able to see him act. So happy he picked this drama.

Actually, at the beginning I wasn't too sure about the casting. But Chang Chen has that kind of magic I felt with Mark Chao. There's just something in they way he acts that lures you in. There's this really subtle yet intense acting he has that really makes me fall for him more and more (plus he's really hot LOL).

I hope this drama will be able to have great success. I really like the casting in this drama. Qing Yao and Yun Feng are so adorable. Both of Ling Xi's father are great actors (I'm still not over Le Bo's death). I have a really soft spot for Jiu Chen's disciple and his disciple's disciple. Love the comic relief they incorporated into this drama. But aside from the leads I love Xiao Bai #2 the most. I just love how the pet is so loyal to her and I like that the pet hates Jing Xiu.

Sorry for the long post. I will leave you with Yun Feng's cover of The Fool on the Clouds (云上的傻瓜). Enjoy :wub:.

PS Thanks to @Vals Stor  for the Savage Link and @DramaLover

for letting me know about the PCCD-Backup FB group.

Previews for ep 45+46 with vietsubs.

(My rough translation sorry for any errors

AMo:  Do you know someone named Ling Xi?

AMo: Today I saw someone really strange

Cheng Yan: Where is she?

AMo: Who are you? He called me Ling Xi

AMo: Who is Ling Xi?

JC: Ling Xi is someone I know in the past

AMo:  Is this yours? Did you buy it?

JC: Someone gave it to me. Ling Xi I will wait for you. Has the time come now?

Si Ming : Yes, please hurry up and leave

AMo: Jiu Chen, Why did you have to leave me? Is it because of Ling Xi?

Jing Xiu: I have to leave with AMo

JC: You can leave but AMo has to stay here)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Can anyone explain what a Douban rating is? What's the highest? Where's L&D right now?

Douban is China’s most used website where viewers can rate dramas, and the Douban ratings are said to reflect quality rather than popularity. I believe the rating is out of 10.

You have to be able to read Chinese to know more, I am afraid I cannot help you on that matter.

I never judge my viewing of a drama based on ratings. I just watched it and enjoy it.  

26 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Can anyone explain what a Douban rating is? What's the highest? Where's L&D right now?

Also, how is it in terms of viewerships. Is it even in the top 10?

Here's the Douban rating (7.3) for this drama last I saw it was Top #9

https://movie.douban.com/subject/30230682/

Honestly, I dont really care for rating for myself. But because I love this drama so much I know ratings are very important for the resume's of the director, actors and producer of this drama so I'm trying to support them for all their hard work. :)

51 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

Also, how is it in terms of viewerships. Is it even in the top 10?

@jacquelinetan already explained it.Lots of drama are airing so I don't know where is stands right now but it already crossed some of the popular dramas rating like TMOPB(6.4),story of yanxi palace(7.2).It's on position 2 in term of drama ranking index.

Spoiler

EBGMxgtWsAAP-4G?format=jpg&name=small

Anyways long as we enjoy the drama rating doesn't matter :D

10 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

I think that erotic love (and mostly....lust)

works in mysterious ways. So, it doesnt have to be certain things for a god of war to fall for a girl (and vice versa)

That's the magic thing and the main quality of erotic love: no one can ever explain what makes it happen, what brings it to life.

Its something untouchable and vague, strong and vulnerable in many ways. So.....i 'd say that-as in real life- so in the drama,

i 'd leave my analytic thoughts outside of it and just....enjoy that hot, strong and kind god of war, trying to keep beside him his fairy!

:wub:

@Kittles  what do you mean when you say: 

Let me confess that my chinese is quite limited, so my understanding isn't very good...

but isn't LX supposed to undergo trials in her earthly life?

For example when she was abducted by the bandits, these are some trials that LX is supposed to endure and experience. So when JC came to her rescue, wasn't he changing her life path?

5 minutes ago, Kittles said:

Let me confess that my chinese is quite limited, so my understanding isn't very good...

but isn't LX supposed to undergo trials in her earthly life?

For example when she was abducted by the bandits, these are some trials that LX is supposed to endure and experience. So when JC came to her rescue, wasn't he changing her life path?

If I am not mistaken, Ling /MoMo need to go through 3 trials during her stay in the mortal realm. But I think she is suppose to die when she turns 19. Jiu Chen is supposed to stay away but he cannot help himself to see her suffer. Qing Yao asked him whether he would be able take it to watch Ling Xi/MoMo die. He went through once already

Episode 24 sub has been released. Huzzah!

I never knew that he's a white dragon. That was cool despite bad CGI.

The mortal storyline is intense too. Gave the cliffhanger if the mother is going to kill the baby or not.

I really hope Croton allows the subs bec. this will gain more hit with the international audience.

Chang Chen is of a caliber breed of actors. Have you seen him in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? He was already intense back then. I only got to watch Ni Ni in Warriors Gate wherein she played a teenager empress paired with a teenager American. Girl is a chameleon. 

19 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

The mortal storyline is intense too. Gave the cliffhanger if the mother is going to kill the baby or not.

I really hope Croton allows the subs bec. this will gain more hit with the international audience.

Chang Chen is of a caliber breed of actors. Have you seen him in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? He was already intense back then. I only got to watch Ni Ni in Warriors Gate wherein she played a teenager empress paired with a teenager American. Girl is a chameleon. 

You should see him in "Eros" with that goddess Gong Li ! They are magnificent!

I wonder if Ling Xi when back in Heavens, will she have the memories of her mortal life as Amo?

20 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

And white colour really suits him - I like his white outfits the best :D
such contrast with Ye Hua - who is a black dragon lol 

In a way, the Heavenly Emperor acts as a father figure to Jiu Chen. Jiu Chen is the last of his tribe. That is why his master and Heavenly Emperor gave his the Nuwa Stone heart to preserve his life.

I love how he made a vow to Ling Xi/MoMo's mortal father that his love for Ling Xi/MoMo is sincere and true. Absolutely beautiful.

maxresdefault.jpg

After only 7 episodes I admit I'm still not sure about the male lead but what I am sure about is the great writing and beautiful cinematography that is a sweet reminder of TMOPB.  I do however believe after seeing his rare smile not once but twice that his ability to create that coldness and unfeeling nature in character was indeed why he was picked.  Not to mention the fact that in just brief moments he is able to express warmth in not meaning to but it's as if losing control without even realizing it completely and watching it seep out slowly...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTiWsFzdrg8HyGLprfHD6

As for Ni Ni she is perfection and had me at hello!  It's partly her beauty but I think it's her almost childlike wonder that she is able to show through her expressions and actions that made her the perfect choice for this role in my opinion...

So far I am loving this drama and who knows by the time I catch up maybe I'll have warmed up to Chang Chen too!

:blush:

28 minutes ago, Dawne smith said:

Can someone give away to buy the love and destiny on dvd or a sight I can get the English subtitle please

You can watch it on Facebook by joining the group named - PCCD backup

4 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I had watched two movies of Chang Chen before LnD- Crouching tiger, hidden dragon and Grandmaster undoubtedly he was marvellous.While watching this drama I recently saw his movie named "Three times" with shu qi(Nini and shu qi look bit similar face wise)highly recommend man from did this guy brings so much intensity in his characters:wub: and he shared great chemistry with his costars Nini, Zhang ziyi and shu qi(scenes were quite hot and intense with all of them lol :D)

P.s : Such a cute fan art :D

0065XyTVgy1g5rkyn5ucdj30gn0gn3z9.jpg

cr weibo

Archived