[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

3 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Jiu Chen cannot explained the actual reason to Long Xi/MoMo as it is the heaven secret and it will further complicate Ling Xi return to the heavens. Look what happen to Qing Yao's mortal husband, he spend so many thousands of years going around the mortal realm because of a mistake.

Jiu Chen and Yun Feng's master must be wandering what went wrong with his teaching of his students since both of them risk their own life for love.

Yuan Tong just looked uglier and uglier.

can you briefly explain what happened with QY's mortal husband? 

I watched till episode 25 on Kissasian (it has PCCD logo, so that's good). Now, I understand why others repeatedly asked why and when JC falls for LX - it is abrupt (subs make so much of a difference!) how JC makes that big decision of giving up everything for her. But I think my earlier comment on this is still valid - that he recognises that she's someone who can somebody be his equal (LX's plan for the next 10,000 years with him was to practise and become strong lol - girl, was that really your plan?) because it's not everyday that a little fair gets a rare artefact such as that cauldron-turned-bracelet and our adorable Wu Wan who is a rare magical beast (not easy to conquer). Further even the Sky Eater is attached to her (while it is because of her demonic aura - but I do think there's more to it) 

Also, I think it was JC's master who knowingly/unknowningly helped hatch this rebirth plan - because he kept insisting that LX has to die. Then, JC figured out that was the answer as to how to save her. 

And, I find it very moving that he was willing to give up everything for her when he planned to live with her in that private house/palace. I also find it a little unconvincing at first that he would do so much for her - when did he start liking her so much? There was no "defining" moment - for his realisation . That being said - I think JC's thoughts aren't always shown onscreen, which might be a reason why it looks abrupt. 

However, emotions do cloud better judgement - how did he think he could just live in exile with her forever? - similar to Ye Hua's plan of fake dying in TMOPB.  

@BaiZiHua thank you for the pictures and the links! Wu Wan is so so cute :D 

@skibbies thank you for the insights! 

@raziela is this you from Queen for Seven Days? 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

can you briefly explain what happened with QY's mortal husband? 

I watched till episode 25 on Kissasian (it has PCCD logo, so that's good). Now, I understand why others repeatedly asked why and when JC falls for LX - it is abrupt (subs make so much of a difference!) how JC makes that big decision of giving up everything for her. But I think my earlier comment on this is still valid - that he recognises that she's someone who can somebody be his equal (LX's plan for the next 10,000 years with him was to practise and become strong lol - girl, was that really your plan?) because it's not everyday that a little fair gets a rare artefact such as that cauldron-turned-bracelet and our adorable Wu Wan who is a rare magical beast (not easy to conquer). Further even the Sky Eater is attached to her (while it is because of her demonic aura - but I do think there's more to it) 

Also, I think it was JC's master who knowingly/unknowningly helped hatch this rebirth plan - because he kept insisting that LX has to die. Then, JC figured out that was the answer as to how to save her. 

And, I find it very moving that he was willing to give up everything for her when he planned to live with her in that private house/palace. I also find it a little unconvincing at first that he would do so much for her - when did he start liking her so much? There was no "defining" moment - for his realisation . That being said - I think JC's thoughts aren't always shown onscreen, which might be a reason why it looks abrupt. 

However, emotions do cloud better judgement - how did he think he could just live in exile with her forever? - similar to Ye Hua's plan of fake dying in TMOPB.  

@BaiZiHua thank you for the pictures and the links! Wu Wan is so so cute :D 

@skibbies thank you for the insights! 

@raziela is this you from Queen for Seven Days? 

In both dramas i 've watched till now, TMOPB and TROP, there wasn't any defining turning point when the heroes fell for each other.

I find it quite realistic cause in real life erotic love comes unexpectingly too!:wub:

When i recall, in TMOPB YeHua fell for Susu the moment she showed him a bit of affection during her sleep (ok he was raised as a weirdo,never did he have the chance to share human affection with anyone) so i can see his point. Susu's "reasons" to fall for him, were never seen or explained. Probably her loneliness, her blank memory etc caused her emotions for the first guy that came in her way :w00t:

In TROP same thing....Ning Yi was attracted to FZ's cuteness and then tried everything to protect her-god knows why-from everything and everyone.

In L&D, JC is a stone-hearted man with no human needs. She just made him smile-maybe too precious for a man like him, plus her over-cuteness and beauty, ok here the love comes! I know people who fell for less (me for example lol) 

His need to protect the innocent gave an extra boost and an excuse to himself maybe, for doing so many things for her.

And dont forget her innocent motives that seem so rare in that heavenly world of gods, her ultimate devotion to him with no sense of passiveness or subservience  but in a bit childish way and her tenderness towards him since day one. 

You can see his reactions to her almost from the beginning, every time she was so annoying and goofy, like an annoying pet or something. He was surprised, astonished, shocked maybe, sometimes cause of her naivety, her depreciation of formalities-that's a strong character element for a little girl to have- and there he goes falling and falling and breaking habits due to his feelings. In the mortal realm, he had the chance to experience his crush in a more fleshy way. :wub:

That exile to the palace plan, i think it was kind of temporary (havent watched that part with subs yet), until he comes with a better plan about saving her.

37 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

In both dramas i 've watched till now, TMOPB and TROP, there wasn't any defining turning point when the heroes fell for each other.

I find it quite realistic cause in real life erotic love comes unexpectingly too!:wub:

When i recall, in TMOPB YeHua fell for Susu the moment she showed him a bit of affection during her sleep (ok he was raised as a weirdo,never did he have the chance to share human affection with anyone) so i can see his point. Susu's "reasons" to fall for him, were never seen or explained. Probably her loneliness, her blank memory etc caused her emotions for the first guy that came in her way :w00t:

In TROP same thing....Ning Yi was attracted to FZ's cuteness and then tried everything to protect her-god knows why-from everything and everyone.

In L&D, JC is a stone-hearted man with no human needs. She just made him smile-maybe too precious for a man like him, plus her over-cuteness and beauty, ok here the love comes! I know people who fell for less (me for example lol) 

His need to protect the innocent gave an extra boost and an excuse to himself maybe, for doing so many things for her.

And dont forget her innocent motives that seem so rare in that heavenly world of gods.

That exile to the palace plan, i think it was kind of temporary (havent watched that part with subs yet), until he comes with a better plan about saving her.

I totally agree - such emotions are not logically deduced or do they go by any "formula". All the examples you mentioned are very true - I found Su Su to be too simplistic in that matter - she is easily influenced and only sees things as black and white. Amo seems like a much more complex character - however this trope of misunderstanding seems like a common thing for "trials". (the only drama I've watched till now where the female lead despite many misunderstandings trusts the main lead is Queen for Seven Days). And Amo is much more mature than Ling Xi due to her difficult life perhaps - since both have the same soul - Ling Xi 2.0 would be a more rounded character with both personalities. 

I think age also makes a difference at how one address love - Ye Hua who is quite young - didn't really understand how strict and cold Heaven could actually be - so he pretends to be indifferent towards Su Su etc. YC is old enough to know the ways of Heaven - so while he does not show any initial interest in her - he is quite upright in front of everyone about her - holding her hands, even telling that Queen of some direction that she should ask permission from Ling Xi if she wants Wu Wan lol - this aspect of him I really like.

I have nothing against the exile plan lol at some point he even asks her, "Don't you want to be with me?" or something like that - whatever his higher plans of saving the world and innocent are - he definitely had a personal interest to stay with her - I think by that point - he is deeply into her (though it's not that evident) 

10 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

And dont forget her innocent motives that seem so rare in that heavenly world of gods.

Absolutely agree with you. How many of us who have ever been in love can actually come up with a clear list of reasons for why you fell for that person or how long it took for you to fall? It doesn't even have to be love, just a crush even. Feelings and attraction can't really be explained. I don't think they need to be explained. Just a mosaic of uncertain variables coming together, and often out of the blue. On the other hand, if you can formulate a list for why, then it becomes a question of whether or not the feeling is genuine, or a matter of calculation. I don't really like the explanation that JC loves LX because he thinks she may be the only person who can be his equal, because it almost sounds like there is a hidden agenda. Is he searching for a mate? Is he measuring her up against other women to see who fits best with him? I don't think that's the case. I think the unexpected attraction (for whatever reason or no reason at all) had been brewing for a while as a product of their constant proximity to each other. You could even argue that he was attracted to her at first sight, but of course, being that he is who is he, he isn't going start chasing her. I think it took some time for JC to accept that he has these feelings, and so as viewers we only get to see it when he finally does, which makes it feel like it just kind of crept up on us. But by that point, he was already completely taken with her. 

3 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Absolutely agree with you. How many of us who have ever been in love can actually come up with a clear list of reasons for why you fell for that person or how long it took for you to fall? It doesn't even have to be love, just a crush even. Feelings and attraction can't really be explained. I don't think they need to be explained. Just a mosaic of uncertain variables coming together, and often out of the blue. On the other hand, if you can formulate a list for why, then it becomes a question of whether or not the feeling is genuine, or a matter of calculation. I don't really like the explanation that JC loves LX because he thinks she may be the only person who can be his equal, because it almost sounds like there is a hidden agenda. Is he searching for a mate? Is he measuring her up against other women to see who fits best with him? I don't think that's the case. I think the unexpected attraction (for whatever reason or no reason at all) had been brewing for a while as a product of their constant proximity to each other. You could even argue that he was attracted to her at first sight, but of course, being that he is who is he, he isn't going start chasing her. I think it took some time for JC to accept that he has these feelings, and so as viewers we only get to see it when he finally does, which makes it feel like it just kind of crept up on us. But by that point, he was already completely taken with her. 

I agree with you. I don't think JC loves LX or Amo because she can be his equal - what I meant by that was - like the unknown, uncertain variables you said - there might be a deeper reason (which JC might not himself realise) why such attraction can take place - for example, only Bai Qian is shown as an equal to Ye Hua (in terms of ranking and pairing) - but he didn't fall for her for that reason. 

And yes, proximity plays a major role in such cases because you learn so much about the other person in each encounter. 

Spoiler

Yuan Tong’s mom: goes off on Jiu Chen

Lord of Thunder: source.gif

Yuan Tong: MoThEr sToPECAE6-AF1-98-E3-43-C5-9334-5146379-FEE63

Me: Thank god, Yuan Tong is finally out of the picture

Yuan Tong ten minutes later: SIKE tenor.gif

Me whenever Ni Ni cries: tumblr_pmr92lQsIv1umj8af_250.gif

Jiu Chen seeing Shi San for the first time in 50,000 years: tumblr_pkfbibwtuA1umj8af_250.giftumblr_pgu4skOUcy1wrrylro1_250.png

Basically, I took a look into my old tumblr folder and found some stuff

Here's my rough translation of the previews for ep 40+50. Sorry there were a few words I couldn't translate.

Soldier: Reporting, Heavenly Emperor, There's a fairy named Ling Xi from peach blossom forest asking to see you.
Thunder Dude: Who?
JC: If she peacefully (I think it's something about the rebirth plan/situation not sure at all, I'm sorry don't know how to explain it :( ..... if anyone knows plz feel free to help) That means her mortal trial has failed. That means A Mo will forever stay as A Mo. Ling Xi will not be able to return.
Si Ming: Your master says you cannot interfere with this issue anymore.
JC: What did Jing Xiu give you? Give it to me.
Jing Xiu: Unless you agree, no one will be able to take it away from you.
A Mo: If I give it to you I will die. Do you want to see me die?
JC: You are Ling Xi.
A Mo: From the beggining until the end in your heart only has Ling Xi. Have you ever really loved me. I will give it to you, I'll give you everything. :tears::(

@shimshimae

I'm so happy you like the Wu Wan stuff I post.:)

Love.jpg

@BaiZiHua thanks for the trans! Oh dear I am happy seeing linxi coming back but it's hurting me to see amo misunderstood that jiu Chen only loved linxi and is wanting her to die so that linxi could come back however it was in her fate :tears:.It's sad that amo will never know the whole reason sigh!

3 hours ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Yeap! That thing exactly!  Everyone falls in love in accordance to who he is, subconsciously of course. I mean, JC was almost asexual!

Plus, the man was  secluded-sleeping-god coma, whatever, but certainly not 100% alive. It would be out of logic and rushed to fall in love like ordinary people in common circumstances. 

He was just watching her step by step in her mortal incarnation, with a bit of obsession, a bit of guilt, a bit of feeling responsible for her existence (to the outside viewer),  but at the same time, completely taken with her as you said. And i think that's the most sweet and extra ordinary thing about his feelings towards her. We can see a different kind of crush, mixed up emotions that come in flesh and blood when the couple is in the mortal realm. I kinda like very much that mortal realm gave them this opportunity!

And to me....tha man is HOT period! even if he was an alien and expressed his feelings with alien gestures and sounds, he would still be deadly hot! :lol:

Spoiler

girls im warning you....

grab your tissues.

ep 50 is top heart breaking! im watching it right now and im devastated even with no subs!

:tears:

Thank god the devastation doesnt last long! Its only in the first minutes of ep50! ouf! i've cried a river!

3d edit....here comes the next river of tears! tears of joy this time!

wow its the most intense episode since the beginning!

27 minutes ago, Sleepydream said:

Please let me know if episode 50 ended on an emotional roller coaster cliff hanger.  If it does, I'll wait until next week before I watch it :joy:

Spoiler

Its not roller coaster cliff hanger exactly, but they cut it in the best part.....#$#%$sadists! :joy:

If i  were you, i 'd wait to watch it on Monday, just before 51 begins so to calm myself!

:blush:

At the moment, im melting cause of his face expression when he saw her....

he 's like a child feeling guilty and helpless! Oh my poor heart why did i watch it! I should have waited till Monday!

:wub:

27 minutes ago, Sleepydream said:

Please let me know if episode 50 ended on an emotional roller coaster cliff hanger.  If it does, I'll wait until next week before I watch it :joy:

It was a good cliffhanger. You must watch episodes 49 and 50 and then the long wait until Monday.

I felt sorry (at least for now) Jing Xiu. Despite his good intention, finally it is Ling Xi/MoMo who made the decision to give up her life. My heart went out to Jiu Chen having to go through Ling Xi's death once again.

Beautiful fire phoenix she turned out to be. Jiu Chen got his Nuwa Stone heart back. Demon King found himself a new host already in Yuan Tong.

Great argument by Ling Xi about the whole deception is because of her will to live. God of Thunder gets silenced by Heavenly Emperor who knew all about it and wanted to give Ling Xi a chance  to change her fate.

I suppose since the truth is out Yun Feng will be able to regain his human form.

20 minutes ago, hell59 said:

If anyone can find the previews for episodes 51 and 52, could you, please, post them here? Thank you!

sorry i cant post the exact link, but if you scroll down the comments in that link, you will find the video! its magic!

:wub:

13 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

I felt sorry (at least for now) Jing Xiu. Despite his good intention, finally it is Ling Xi/MoMo who made the decision to give up her life. My heart went out to Jiu Chen having to go through Ling Xi's death once again.

Beautiful fire phoenix she turned out to be. Jiu Chen got his Nuwa Stone heart back. Demon King found himself a new host already in Yuan Tong.

Great argument by Ling Xi about the whole deception is because of her will to live. God of Thunder gets silenced by Heavenly Emperor who knew all about it and wanted to give Ling Xi a chance  to change her fate.

I suppose since the truth is out Yun Feng will be able to regain his human form.

beautiful and godly :'D she's a true goddess now

Archived