[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

21 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Ah, now I notice the scar on Lee gon's neck.  It will be interesting to find out what happened.  You'd think whoever killed Lee Gon's parents would want to make sure Lee Gon was also killed.  :o

I have to say I do not like that jacket Lee Gon is wearing.  The stitches look like a little kid practiced sewing on the jacket:lol:

Lee Gon is wearing Gucci.

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/ready-to-wear-for-men/suits-blazers-for-men/blazers-for-men/asymmetric-pinstripe-jacket-with-stitching-p-578789Z494F4240

b01256c8gy1gdnafw44nej20p011iq9f.jpg

The whole set is like above. Lee Gon's wearing is much better.  He's so smart to show his sexy neck without shirt. :P

• Like 10

His Majesty King Lee Gon :heart: 

cr: fallinM Twitter

EVIj3APVAAAHn5O?format=jpg&name=900x900

Netflix update

EVImrapUMAAhTT0?format=jpg&name=medium

*****************************************************************************************

"The King: Eternal Monarch" Releases Behind the Scenes Stills of Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun and More

photo1172742.jpg

The new SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" released B-cuts of the actors on-set of the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch".

"The King: Eternal Monarch" is a fantasy romance drama in which a deity has unleashed a demon unto the world of humans, and that demon has opened the door to a parallel world. It is written by star writer Kim Eun-sook who also wrote "Secret Garden", "Descendants of the Sun", "Goblin" and "Mr. Sunshine".

The production released pictures of Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam-II, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin.

First, Lee Min-ho in the role of Emperor Lee Gon, a mysterious science-type emperor who faces a new fate beyond the parallel world shows mourning eyes and dignity at the same time. He smiles a soft smile, but when the monitor goes on, he becomes professional and his eyes turn keen to analyze his character.

Kim Go-eun in the role of a detective named Jeong Tae-eul who doesn't compromise with justice appears charismatic in her girl-crush stance. On the other hand, she's the spirit lifter of the set, but once the cameras start rolling, she possesses herself into Jung Tae-eul and puts on a good show of action.

Woo Do-hwan plays Jo Yeong, the emperor's trusted bodyguard and Chief of the Korean Imperial Guard. He has a lot of action scenes to deal with, but he's always willing to 'do it again' for the best take.

Kim Kyung-nam-II plays Kang Sin-jae, a homicide detective and is immersing into his character's composure. Jung Eun-chae switches to the youngest and first female prime minister of the Korean Empire, Goo Seo-ryeong, at one point but turns back into her normal self once the sign is given. Finally, Lee Jung-jin who is King Lee Rim, one of the most spiteful characters of his career, has eyes so intense it looks like he's going to gobble up the camera.

https://www.hancinema.net/the-king-eternal-monarch-releases-behind-the-scenes-stills-of-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-and-more-140339.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

The presscon is reportedly online. No final word yet.

Just a few more days!

cr: lmh_kig

would we still be able to watch it ? Hopefully somebody can share when and how to watch it.

Thank you!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, scrawford said:

would we still be able to watch it ? Hopefully somebody can share when and how to watch it.

Thank you!

Yes, we should be able to watch it. 

sbsdrama_official IG update

Of course, love sprouts from the library.
The upcoming romance of the couple, D-9
_
SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"
Friday, April 17, 10 p.m. First broadcast.

EVIlpYzU0AA1Ekr?format=jpg&name=small

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200409

New actors Choi Woo-sung and Kim Hyung-woo have confirmed their appearances as the guards of the Korean Empire in SBS' "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures).

Choi Woo-sung will play the role of "Kim Ki-won" of the Korean Empire's Guard, while Kim Hyung-woo will play the role of "Yoon Heon-soo," joining forces with Woo Do-hwan and Lee Hong-nae for different charms.

Choi Woo-sung made his Braun debut last year through JTBC's Monday-Tuesday drama "The Moment of Eighteen," and appeared on MBC's "Welcome 2 Life" and web drama "Triple Some 2" to raise expectations and possibilities as an actor by showing his short but intense presence with his unbelieving stable acting skills.

In response, Choi Woo-sung, who even reported the casting news of SBS' "The King-The Lord of Eternity," said, "It's a great honor to be able to appear in the work of a writer I used to like. I'm worried a lot about whether I can do well, but I'll work hard learning many things with passion rather than worry," he said.

Also, new actor Kim Hyung-woo, who will show his face to the small screen for the first time, said, "I'm very honored and grateful to be able to make my first TV debut with such a good work. I'll do my best to film it as much as I've given the opportunity to make my debut," he said, raising expectations for future activities.

Meanwhile, SBS' "The King-Eternal Monarch" is scheduled to premiere at 10 p.m. on the 17th following "Hyena."

Photograph by AM Entertainment

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004091428186159430_1

• Like 7

e4cb842e90ec40ab87d1c9dfad0706d0.jpeg?s=

Kim Kyung Nam Turns Into A Ruthless Detective And Secret Weapon In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Kim Kyung Nam will transform into a charismatic detective in “The King: Eternal Monarch”!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, this upcoming SBS drama tells the story of two parallel worlds, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho portrays Emperor Lee Gon who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun plays Detective Jung Tae Eul who works with him to save people’s lives.

On April 8, the drama gave viewers another look at Kim Kyung Nam’s transformation into detective Kang Shin Jae.

A policeman-turned-detective, Kang Shin Jae is a rising ace in the police force. He’s someone who thinks of the police station as more comfortable than his home and considers his department to be his family.

In the stills, Kim Kyung Nam shows no mercy when gang leaders try to bribe him. When a gang member offers a bag full of cash in exchange for appeasement and a favor, he responds with a deadly glare and shoves the leader’s face into the bag.

Filmed last year in Gangnam, this scene was Kim Kyung Nam’s first solo scene that best captures his character. The actor arrived on set with a smile and courteously greeted co-stars and staff members prior to filming. Once cameras began rolling, he fully immersed into his character and instantly transformed into an angry detective, earning praise from staff on set.

A source from drama production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, “Kim Kyung Nam makes people say, ‘He is Kang Shin Jae!’ He gives Kang Shin Jae life and brings him out of the script. Please look forward to Kang Shin Jae who is a cold-hearted detective when it comes to crime and see how he’ll be a secret weapon in ‘The King: Eternal Monarch.'”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Hyena.” Check out the latest teaser here.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393135wpp/kim-kyung-nam-turns-into-a-ruthless-detective-and-secret-weapon-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 4

D-7 :blush:

One week to go!

"The King" filming

EVMEVfPUwAEkELW?format=jpg&name=small

EVMEU0vUEAAtdYC?format=jpg&name=small

EVMDxsdUUAAWPni?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EVMEWMPVAAACbt6?format=jpg&name=small

EVMEWxxU4AAPlyA?format=jpg&name=small

EVMDyuPUMAAIbcz?format=jpg&name=small

cr: seongjumam IG

EVMQ6VYUEAU5DYQ?format=jpg&name=small

EVMQ66CUEAA_3-F?format=jpg&name=small

source 1 2 

*********************************************************************************

Aside from Lee Min Ho, Here Are 5 Reasons You Must Watch The King: Eternal Monarch

Not just casting, the quality of the film is guaranteed top

After being vacuum for more than two years while completing military service for the South Korean government, actor Lee Min Ho has long been waiting to star in a new drama series. Especially for loyal fans, waiting for this actor to appear again on the screen feels like forever.

This April, Lee Min Ho will be making a comeback through KDrama  The King: Eternal Monarch. Besides being starring this top actor, here are the reasons why you must watch this drama.

1. A drama genre that is rarely produced, but highly anticipated

Because it requires a lot of touch CG (computer graphics), this fantasy genre requires no small amount of production funds. Even the funds needed can be multiplied for a drama series that has at least 16 episodes with a duration of 1 hour. To ensure its success, rarely this drama series with fantasy genre is worked on with half-measures.

2. Published teasers promise good image quality

SBS has launched the second teaser of the series scheduled to premiere in the middle of April 2020. The teaser shows a very smooth picture quality, seen when worked with the latest technology. Even Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, who played the main characters, gave their best acting skills to make the public curious with the full story.

3. Screenwriter Kim Eun Sook never fails to get the attention of the audience

It's no secret that the film industry in South Korea puts the screenwriter first in its successful recipe. And Kim Eun Sook always managed to achieve a high rating for each of her work.

Ever fell in love with Hyun Bin in his role as Kim Joo Won in the drama series Secret Garden ? Or still ringing about cool captain Yoo Shi Jin in the Descendants of the Sun series ? What about the goblin uncle Kim Shin's charisma in the Guardian series : The Lonely and Great God ? He is the mastermind behind the chaos of the universe.

We are waiting for how Kim Eun Sook can make us fall in love with the character of Lee Gon played by Lee Min Ho later!

4. Director, Baek Sang Hoon, has proven his expertise in living script

Baek Sang Hoon started working on a drama series since 2013, here is a list of his successful stole attention: Love in the Moonlight (2016), Descendants of the Sun (2016), Who Are You: School 2015 (2015), and Secret Love (2013) . Although the series The King: Eternal Monarch is his first chance to work on a fantasy genre drama, no doubt the quality of the film will spoil our eyes. 

5. Supporting showtimes

Slot have always been a contention among Korean drama cultivators, even certain hours of the day can determine the success of an event. Drama The King: Eternal Monarch which will be aired on TV channels SBS (Seoul Broadcasting System) replaces drama Hyena which will end 11 April 2020.

Getting the broadcast schedule at peak hours is almost certain that many people will be waiting for this drama.

So you don't want to miss the exciting conversation about this series right?

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/intan-yolanda/nonton-the-king-eternal-monarch-c1c2/full

• Like 6

The child actor's IG updated.

나는 대한제국의 황제..어린이곤이다!!

I'm the emperor of Korean Empire....child Lee Gon !!  

He imitated LMH's line but added "어린" (child). He's so cute.  :lol:

And here's the wikipedia of Korean Empire :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Empire

Lee Gon's decade may be in 1900 ?

About the title :
Hwangje (皇帝 황제), the emperor, with the style of Imperial Majesty (陛下 폐하 pyeha)

Now you know why WDH called LMH 폐하.   :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

405418_518523_4542.jpg

405418_518525_4542.jpg

405418_518522_4541.jpg

Spoiler

405418_518520_4540.jpg

405418_518521_4540.jpg

405418_518526_4543.jpg

405418_518524_4542.jpg

405418_518527_4543.jpg

Lee Min-ho vs. Lee Jung-jin, determined to be the King, exudes extreme charisma

Actor Lee Min-ho and actor Lee Jung-jin of SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook, directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Jung Ji-hyun) have been released.

Lee Min-ho and Lee Jung-jin will perform enthusiastically in "The King-Eternal Monarch," playing the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Lee Rim, the king of Geumchin of the Korean Empire, respectively. In particular, Lee Rim (Lee Jeong-jin) is the uncle of Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and the half brother of the preceding emperor, Sun Hwang, Lee Gon's father. Lee Rim is the first son, but was removed from the line of succession when he was 13 years old for being a bastard, which made him deeply upset. It foreshadows a sharp confrontation with his nephew, Lee Gon.

In a related development, Lee Min-ho and Lee Jung-jin have been spotted showing extreme sides in the bamboo forest, raising tension. In the drama, Lee Gon with a determined look and Lee Rim with a bloody face heralded a "fate confrontation." It contrasts with Lee Gon, who visited the bamboo forest with instinctive attraction, and Lee Rim's fierce expression of dark red desire awakened. Questions are mounting over how Emperor Lee Gon and King Geumchin's Lee Rim are related to the bamboo forest.

The production company Hua & Dam Pictures said, "Please pay a lot of attention to 'The King-Eternal Monarch,' which will confirm Lee Min-ho and Lee Jung-jin's life performance."

It will air at 10 p.m. on July 17 following "Hyena."

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202004101338721986&ext=na

actorleeminho Twitter and myment_official IG update 041020

[D-7] Capturing the Perfect Subject in the Bamboo Forest

Lee Gon, the emperor with a determined look,
Hidden secret of bamboo forest with extraordinary energy!
Next week! The veil is coming off!

You'll watch it live, right?

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Lord of Eternity"
The first episode will air on April 17th (Friday) at 10pm!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"The King" presscon :

7001b0cfgy1gdoprikmfoj20ku0ecmy0.jpg

CTO via tagged

Date: Apr. 16. 14:00
Attendants : Lee Min Ho / Kim Go Eun / Woo Do Whan / Kim Kyung Nam / Jung Eun Chae / Lee Jung Jin

Will be live proceeding and broadcasted by Kakao tab, daum, Kakao TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

"The King" presscon :

CTO via tagged

Attendants : Lee Min Ho / Kim Go Eun / Woo Do Whan / Kim Kyung Nam / Jung Eun Chae / Lee Jung Jin

thanks For sharing the long awaited news @gtLmh0622 wonder if we could watch live overseas though kakao or daum, has anyone downloaded these app?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

"The King" presscon :

CTO via tagged

Live? Does this mean, there will be reporters?

also, does anybody know how to watch this? Is there any link to the channel? 

I never watch a press con before so idk how do I go about.

im sooo excited!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

943ec402e694481a8e983911f12a0c48.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kim Go Eun And Lee Min Ho Search For Answers In New Teaser For “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has shared a new teaser ahead of its premiere!

Written by famous screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” will be a fantasy drama about two parallel universes. One universe is a democracy that resembles modern-day Korea as we know it, while the other is an alternate universe in which Korea is an empire ruled by a single monarch. Emperor Lee Gon (played by Lee Min Ho) teams up with detective Jung Tae Eul (played by Kim Go Eun) to close the portal between the two worlds and save everyone.

The teaser begins with Lee Gon remembering the day in his childhood when a coup was staged against his father. He asks, “Will it be here? The reason I survived that day?” Jung Tae Eul can then be heard asking, “Are you really from a different world?” and Lee Gon says, “It took 25 years for me to see you.” But his words are followed soon after by another voice that rings out with a warning, “You saw something you shouldn’t have.”

Lee Gon says, “I’m not out to catch someone, I’m here to look for a face that only I can find.” The teaser ends with Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul embracing as they say, “Between one and zero. The person I loved.”

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393532wpp/watch-kim-go-eun-and-lee-min-ho-search-for-answers-in-new-teaser-for-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 7

Guys i m so nervous. I waited for 3 years for his new work and now when it is close, i am nervous as hell , mostly i want it work big on ratings. And top netflix rankings 

I am acting like drama queen right now seriously.

I am lmh fan but i want kge to get major success too. She is really a natural beauty.

I thought they won't look good when it was announced,  but they really look beautiful together. Please ratings be good lol

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The teaser begins with Lee Gon remembering the day in his childhood when a coup was staged against his father.

XAsWrI3.gif

He asks, “Will it be here? The reason I survived that day?”

DINsAUL.gif

Jung Tae Eul can then be heard asking, “Are you really from a different world?” and Lee Gon says, “It took 25 years for me to see you.” 

LbJ5VVe.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 4