[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 hours ago, Orientalfan said:

We need permission to view this?

2 hours ago, Orientalfan said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rQIQ4pxCts6Iw2gM-T62BOvrxtsfe92x/view?usp=drivesdk

i tried to attach the screenshop image but failed. This is the best so far that i can do

You can try uploading your pics to this first: https://imgur.com/upload - you have to download the app. After you post your pics to this app, you can copy and paste the link here.

Or you can upload your jpegs into your FB account, then access your pics in your FB account through a browser, NOT the app, and copy and paste the link here.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ce4g1ZY

Thanks...i learnt something new today.

I hope readers can see the difference of name cards that was in lee gon's 25 years safekeeping and the one that Tae Eul received at the police station  which was stolen from the palace

Definitely a different case but the card itself does look the same. The color is different but that may be due to lighting. Did you get a good look at the one LG handed back to her?

• Like 4

I watched TKEM episode 1 again and i’m more convinced the savior of young LG is LG himself. My question is How did they capture the LR 2020? Where is LG on that timeline? And also the LG on the last episode is the same LG on episode 1 holding the sword. Maybe he went to JTE first before entering the portal.  Waaah. This drama jinjja! Makes me question alot. :w00t: friday come baby baby! Chebal. :blush:

• Like 7

Just sharing that some netizens are blaming TKEM as the reason why the Studio Dragon’s stocks going down 10%. Like I don’t know maybe it’s because of the current pandemic. They are singling out SD’s stocks as if the stock market is not going downhill due to the pandemic. They are using that as evidence on why TKEM is a financial flop. So annoying. Some people really want the drama to fail. Hays!!!

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

I watched TKEM episode 1 again and i’m more convinced the savior of young LG is LG himself. My question is How did they capture the LR 2020? Where is LG on that timeline? And also the LG on the last episode is the same LG on episode 1 holding the sword. Maybe he went to JTE first before entering the portal.  Waaah. This drama jinjja! Makes me question alot. :w00t: friday come baby baby! Chebal. :blush:

@LRM11219311 I forgot who did here, but someone posted a summary about Back to the Future movie. Anyways in it, the main character goes back in time and leaves a note for his friend who dies in the future to remember to wear a bulletproof vest on a certain day. So maybe, LG goes back into the past and leaves JTE a note maybe explaining where LR will be at a certain point in her future so that way she could catch and arrest him then! If you think about it, future LG probably traveled back into the past and was the one that planted that year 2020 video knowing that his present self would be watching videos at that moment in time and see the 2020 video lol. Same theory could be applied to the ID card too :joy:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [2nd Week of May, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from May 11 to May 17 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 18.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May 

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 38.64% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 16.18% 0)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 10.63% (0)

4. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 6.81% (0)

5. tvN “Oh My Baby“ - 4.82% (NEW)

6. KBS2 “Once Again” - 3.15% - (+1)

7. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 2.82% (-1)

8. SBS “Good Casting“ - 2.27% (0)

9. KBS2 “Born Again“ - 2.26% (0)

10. KBS2 “Fix You“ - 1.91% (-5)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 2nd week of May

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (0)

3. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (0)

4. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (+1)

5. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Jeon Jin-seo (-1)

6. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (0)

7. tvN “Oh My Baby” - Jang Na-ra (NEW)

8. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (0)

9. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jeon Mi-do (+16)

10. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (-1)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Just sharing that some netizens are blaming TKEM as the reason why the Studio Dragon’s stocks going down 10%. Like I don’t know maybe it’s because of the current pandemic. They are singling out SD’s stocks as if the stock market is not going downhill due to the pandemic. They are using that as evidence on why TKEM is a financial flop. So annoying. Some people really want the drama to fail. Hays!!!

Knetz never talk about Netflix success (because Korea media never talked about Netflix)  they don't know or they don't want to see success of drama I am relieved after I saw Netflix ranking and clearly The King will be on Top 10 Yearly List,  let's wait ,I just wait their face that day on Netflix Top 10 end of year , Did they become a partner Studio Dragon why do they wory about Studio Dragon?:lol: They sould take their blinders off, There are just hateful people I see hater never leave from Naver drama page ,they are stay there at night , in morning , Really hopeless and jobless people.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

when Jeong Tae-eul opened her eyes, Lee Gon, who had already disappeared, said, "At some point I'll seem to have disappeared before your eyes. Don't worry too much... I'm just walking through the time I've stopped," he said, heralding a heartbreaking parallel world romance.

Isn't this the confirmation to our speculation by LG himself. He and JTE have been repeating their love story over and over. He told her not to worry when he did not succeed in that round of time loop and disappeared. He will continue walking through that path connecting two worlds to find the perfect solution to restore the balance of universes (duty)  and their destiny (love). 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

47 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Purely my speculation:

The first scene of Episode 1 is part of a different timeline from the rest of the series we are currently watching.   I think that scene is part of the "Original Timeline", one where there was no savior of Lee Gon.

I know I am in the minority here, but I do not think JTE and SJ were simply "pretending" not to know about parallel worlds and Lee Gon in that interrogation scene.  I think they really didn't know, because they hadn't met Lee Gon in that timeline.

As to the question of where LG is in that timeline?  He could have died since no one saved him. But because of Lee Rim's statement  that  he expected his nephew to discover the parallel world (or something to that effect), I think Lee Gon is still alive, just that he has not yet been to the parallel world at that point.

What I am really curious about is why JTE and SJ are interrogating Lee Rim.  He must have committed some crime in Korea for that to happen.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, gwin said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I do not think JTE and SJ were simply "pretending" not to know about parallel worlds and Lee Gon in that interrogation scene.  I think they really didn't know, because they hadn't met Lee Gon in that timeline.

@gwin You are not in minority. :) Many of us from early on thought this in different time loop, not same as the main story we are watching now as well. I haven't had time to re-watch to list out all scenes that showed different rounds of time loop. But on top of my head, there are at least 3 time loops we have been shown, which I made a simply chart for it.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

I've seen it under trending on the day when new episode was made available. It's won't stay in trending all the time as it's a snap shot raking of that day or week. It changes daily. King is always on the NF original. 

Yes, King is always first on the Netflix original while 2nd, 3rd etc. changes but they do not explain why it is that way though.

I see chocolate, Heirs, CLOY, Vagabond,  etc on trending every day not just one day so that is my frustration, why does it not stay on and was just shown on the day that I did not check. Actually I check after it shows e.g. Friday and Saturday but never see it trending or popular. 

https://www.netflix.com/browse

I wonder if you can see US Netflix from this link if you are not in the US. Scroll down to a little after "trending" and you can see Netflix Original, larger size picture  than trending or popular and LMH's handsome face.

@Joanna Alfson "I have seen under trending and popular. Is because when you already have it under watchlist or watching it dosent show in other sections and genres but in your watch area?"

That is an interesting concept but don't you have it on your watch list since you are watching it as well but you have seen it in those categories. ?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

I think this is it but idk Spanish or Korean. Anyone want to translate?

I have the full 1 hour show (1:02:02).  IF I persevere (I think that's the operative word, haha!) I know I can translate 90% of it cos the scenes came from previous episodes.  But there are parts by the host of the special, so I have no idea what she is saying. If I do not find a streaming site that has translation, I suppose I will just keep the full special as souvenir.

Cos SBS vids are blocked in my region, can anyone confirm if the one shown has no sub-titles?

• Like 8