[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

This thread moves so fast, I have no way of catching up. Just wanted to drop in and celebrate Paul Kim as an OST singer! He sang my favorite OST from Hotel Del Luna :D

Also, we heard bits and pieces of Sunwoo Jung Ah’s OST in episode 6 and it was beautiful! 

Yess!! i love Paul Kim! I also really liked the one he sang for HDL too! 

I wonder if K.Will will sing one. I like his osts too!

:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

#1 here is The Last Dance - the NBA series, essentially an unconquerable wall HAHA but it's the highest of all the dramas in the list so I'm very happy :wub: I'm sure itll be back at #1 tomorrow!!!

Hi @Wanderer062287! I am also watching at Netflix PH and it is so nice that our favourite drama is still on Top 5 at least, even after almost a week of airing of the last episode. So excited for tomorrow too! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I had to go back to my "Sageuk" (historical drama) knowledge to understand the conflict of Maximus identity  since the story is related to the Royal Family :glasses: .. and they do use a different set of vocabulary.

So this is the word that I heard:

nari or naeuri   Hangul: 나리 or 나으리

It is equal to Sir / Your Honor / Master 

A term used to officially address officials of the Third Senior to Ninth Junior ranks. It is also used generally by the commoners or lower class citizens to address noblemen.

Maximus is working officially (Seventh Grade Official) so that's why he is entitled to be called nari --> similar sound to Myeong NaRi's (JTE's schoolmate)

This definition is taken from this site - A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO SAGEUK VOCABULARY

*** I appreciate it if those who are well verse to confirm it. Thank you.

I did hear it naeri as well. As I know from saeguk language. It means as sir, to address a noble person or from the upper class in the society. While the girls called as agashi or nangja sometimes.

This lead me thought whether the translation went different or literally changed. It means maximus is not a lady??? He is a gentleman??? Lol. 

5 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Lol do they not have anything better to do? We at least spend our time talking about intellectual topics pertaining to this drama and or discussing theories. All they do is talk about chemistry which is totally subjective. I love how they act as though their opinion should be regarded as a fact. The devil works hard but the haters of this drama work harder. Fine with me if they want to spend their time wasted on watching a drama they hate so so much lol. 

Agreed.

Spoiler

Don't mind them or even feed them with your attention. Just ignore them will do. There's more people who appreciate this work tho. I feel bad for the current controversy. You know if they don't show me those details complaints I won't even notice the faults. Lol. As I said a few days ago. I love the war scenes tho. Imo, it looks good anyway. Like some said, yes, it's a fantasy people. Sometimes they can't easily understand this part. They're not documentary or real history drama adaptation. It's a FANTASY which everything is possible. At least in my eyes, the fantasy does still look believable. Out there there's a lot drama with illogical theme but no one complain. Lol. I won't mention them as references but you may know them already. 

Plus... we do, at the end of this show we at least now understand what is basic science and the concept of Euler number which I never really know even in my school days.They teach us some mash-up literatures and more interesting topics here. It's good that not every drama can make us to study like this. Lol

About the flaws.. we know even they don't tell us so badly like that. But we keep watching and see those flaws as humor right. So just be positive and enjoy watching it. If you can't then go find something else which can satisfy you. That's simple actually. Right. Okay. Kkeut. Hope I still stay on topic. 

Is there any new stills for tomorrow???

P.S.

Spoiler

if i'm not mistaken, I read the article which says that they'll fix the scene and will rerun or via VOD. What does that mean? Will they really re run the old episodes with new edited version?? Hmm.. it reminds me of Korean Odissey back then. Tvn rerun the episode with better CG in the edited version. 

The thread moves in the speed of light, I haven't done reading last page I left and you all come back with 3 or 4 pages when I return. Wow. Respect! :lol:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing that review. I donno why I got bit emotional reading the review.. guess it’s nice to know besides Us here, viewers around the world are appreciating every aspects of this drama. In the midst of controversies it’s nice to hear more positive stories. 

i hope Korean viewers can appreciate this drama more.  if I am Korean I would be damn proud that my country could produce such a brilliant writer like KES and a hallyu actor that Spreads k drama culture around the world.. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I really love their height difference! LMH is 6'2 right? KGE seems pretty tall too. I hope apart from these stills, they would release the BTS for episodes 5&6 too :(

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

:bawling: We’ve waited long chingus! It’s here! Our OTP is finally acting like a couple. Their height different is the cutest thing ever! I swear I can ship these two in real life :lol:

22 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yess!! i love Paul Kim! I also really liked the one he sang for HDL too! 

I wonder if K.Will will sing one. I like his osts too!

:wub:

Yes please! Add K. Will and Park Hyo Shin and I’ll deem this drama the best OST lineup! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

naver article: leegon & taeeul started working together. deeper feelings towards each other

leegon & taeeul has their official 1st date in republic of korea. thrilling skinship & heart-thumping eye contact

원본 이미지

Confirmed, this will be their first date as a couple

원본 이미지

Let's assume that after Hug scene, they will do their first date as a couple ;)

• Like 13
  • Love 8

'The King' Lee Min-ho ♡ Kim Go-eun captures his first date ..... 'Wrap around the shoulder' [Oh! 쎈 notice]

202005071317776543_5eb38ce01b8b5.jpg

SBS Geumto drama 'The King-Lord of Eternity' (plays Kim Eun-suk / Director Sang-hoon Baek, Ji-hyun Bae / Production Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a science and technology type who wants to close the gates of the Korean Empire Emperor Lee Gon and someone's life, people , This is a parallel world fantasy romance that draws Jung-tae, a South Korean detective who wants to protect love through cooperation between these two worlds. The protagonists crossing the two coexisting worlds, the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea, are reflecting the meaning of love once again through different stories of love.

Above all, in the last six episodes, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), who sang Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), who had come to the Korean Empire, told the story of Yi Lim (Lee Jung-jin), the king of the king who killed his father, the night of his mother-in-law. The story of this deepened Jeong Tae-eul unfolded. However, the two who went to their respective worlds later found themselves in a real body testimony of Irim and voices related to the Korean Empire in the evidence, and were in turmoil. Eventually, after returning to Korea, Lee Gon-eun and Tae-Eul Jung regretted the reunion, and the attention of the two people was noticed.

In this regard, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are catching the eye by releasing the first date that started in Korea. During this date, Lee Gon and Jung Tae during this date showed their thrilling feelings with 'exciting explosive skinship' such as thrilling shoulder touch and heart-thumping eye contact. Lee Gon wraps Jeong Tae-eul's shoulders with a tense look, and Jung Tae-eul struggles with a relaxed look. Following this, Lee Gon and Jung Tae show their sad eyes and vague feelings, showing sad feelings. Interestingly, what is the decisive point that provoked the emotional sensation among the ‘Isang Sang-ryu’, which made the dating of the two people complicated and tee-faced dating?

The skinning scene of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's 'Thick Shoulder Touch' was filmed in April in a park located in Yeonsu-gu, Incheon. Lee Min-ho raised the vigor of the shooting place with a reflex plate smile that brightly illuminates the darkened scene, and Kim Go-eun resembles Jung Tae-eul's boldness. The two people, who are slightly different in height, prepared to shoot with meticulous rehearsal to capture the natural shoulders and eye fit beautifully on the screen, and praised each other when they found the perfect angle, leading to a friendly atmosphere.

credit: https://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111349167

• Like 9
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes please! Add K. Will and Park Hyo Shin and I’ll deem this drama the best OST lineup! 

Same here! I have all of their OST saved on my personal YouTube account, I am so glad another one will be released this week. 

I want to see how JTE acts as a girlfriend. Can't wait for tomorrow! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

As for what I could see from the teasers JY and LG will cross over to ROK in the 7-8th episode and another thing is that LG will attempt to go after LL. LG and JTE are a couple now. How will her father react to that will be interesting. JY meeting his double will also be interesting. we will probably also see action and fighting and etc etc. I saw some LG action on the street.

• Like 5

202005071306151910_2.jpg

"The King" - Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's first date...eye contact, shoulder touch

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Hwa-and-Dam Pictures) is a parallel world romance in which Lee Gon, a science-type emperor of the Korean Empire who tries to close the door of the dimension, and Jeong Tae-Eul, a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people and love. The main characters of the two co-existing worlds, the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea, are once again reflecting on the true meaning of love through different love stories.

In the last episode, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) told Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) the story about Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin), the king of Geumchin who killed the emperor. When Jeong Tae-eul went back to her world, she was surprised to learn that the voicemail in the evidence she's investigating is related to the Korean Empire. Meanwhile, Lee Gon read Lee Rim's real body inspection documents. When he eventually returned to Korea and reunited with Jung Tae-eul, attention was paid on the future of the two.

In this regard, the revealed first real date in the Republic of Korea of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun is drawing attention. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul showed their fluttering hearts with "excited explosive touches" such as shoulder touches and heart-throb eye contact during the date. Lee Gon wraps around Jeong Tae-eul's shoulder with a nervous look, while Jung Tae-eul hides her excitement with a relaxed look. Then, they show their sad feelings and sad faces and worry about each other. Therefore, all the attention is pouring into the "strange atmosphere" that makes Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul's quarrel date become confusingly complicated and the crucial key plots that evoke bitter emotions during this still happy date.

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "Heartbeat Shoulders Touch" skinship scene was filmed at a park in Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, in April. Lee Min-ho brightened the dimmed set with a reflector smile, while Kim Go-eun and Jeong Tae-eul's strong fighting spirit boosted the set's vitality. The two, who are somewhat different in height, began rehearsing meticulously to capture natural shoulder touch and eye contact beautifully on the screen, and when they found a perfect angle, they praised each other, leading to a friendly atmosphere.

The production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, "Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are sincere actors who do not forget to monitor thoroughly to capture the feelings of the Korean Empire emperor Lee Gon and the Korean detective Jung Tae-eul on the screen," and will deepen their hearts toward each other as the collaboration between their characters begins in the seventh and eighth episodes. Please wait and see how their feelings will blossom," he said.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202005071309256558630_1

• Like 11
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Here is a clip of her singing a duet from Rebecca musical~ she has an amazing voice.

I would love to see this musical! Looks interesting but am sure no english subs would be available :(

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Tagged as someone who watched Sageuk... ;) In conclusion Maximus is a HE ... a handsome official working for the King (just a TMI - Korean version) before tomorrow's new episode

Outside the coffee shop in Korea' there was a board that said: she is not here.

She being the horse. So am not sure if Naeri was used for a Lord! Dont know korean and this might not be of help :(

• Like 6