[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

5 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

Yes....he looked so happy . If it is happy ending..The rewatch value of the drama would be tenfold. Good for us and good for netflix's income too

Then the demand of their dvd cut version will increase as well. Another will comes next, more request for broadcasting rights in other countries. They got more project offers along with it. The hype is going to soar even higher,  like another fan meeting invitations. Well... well... this is just some list if that happy ending is fulfilled. Hahaha. It's good for everyone! 

I am sure we'll get happy ending. But what I'm worried here is my happy ending conclusion might be not the same like what our dear writer has written.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

13 hours ago, gwin said:

Maybe she meant KSJ or Shin Jae?

If we are talking about unnecessary characters, unless they do something in the next few episodes that greatly impacts the plot, there are my personal rankings of the most unnecessary (please don't be offended, if you're a fan of any of these characters):

1.   Jangmi

2.   Nari and her doppelganger

3.   Ji-Hun's mom

4.   the PM

Nari is to be the girlfriend of JY and ES. Jang Mi , they need more detectives. 

Ji Hun's mom, PM and SJ .So far they have not seem to meet a purpose. SJ seems to be there as competition for JTE but apart from that, I don't see that he has an important role to have that many scenes, especially saving his mom from gambling and scenes with his psychologist. Could have cut  many of his scenes but perhaps the next 3 episodes will reveal his significance. As for PM, competition for LG and we need a PM so may as well have a pretty and ambitious woman instead of a conniving man. Ji Hun's mom no idea since LG is not even interested in meeting her.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Woahhh... Another 24hours of waiting. Tomorrow is Friday, right?

Spoil me spoil me but hide it from those who doesnt want to be spoil. 

Let the spoilers rain. I have also been looking for them spoilers and been reading theories. I must say some solid theories 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

Yes....he looked so happy . If it is happy ending..The rewatch value of the drama would be tenfold. Good for us and good for netflix's income too

My rewatch button is already dead imagine with a happy ending. 

I am mostly looking forward to these nostalgic scenes of the reset. I got teary eyed seeing them on that trailer

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Nari is to be the girlfriend of JY and ES. Jang Mi , they need more detectives. 

Ji Hun's mom, PM and SJ .So far they have not seem to meet a purpose. SJ seems to be there as competition for JTE but apart from that, I don't see that he has an important role to have that many scenes, especially saving his mom from gambling and scenes with his psychologist. Could have cut  many of his scenes but perhaps the next 3 episodes will reveal his significance. As for PM, competition for LG and we need a PM so may as well have a pretty and ambitious woman instead of a conniving man. Ji Hun's mom no idea since LG is not even interested in meeting her.

can I add another one that I think unnecessary character : SJ's Psychologist. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

17 minutes ago, gwin said:

Lee Gon would be going back to the past deliberately.   Which then would lead to a lot questions... if he can go back to the past deliberately, why not just go back far enough to prevent LR from even existing?

Because he can't travel back in time BEFORE the flute split.

Reversal rule comment ah ah !

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, x2020 said:

Hmmm I would argue that she actually has a clear role - she's the character helping SJ with his recurring 'nightmares' - which as we all know are connected to the plot. I'd say she's okay to stay :)

On a side note, saw another tweet regarding the recurring numbers. The last one with Luna blew my mind amp :blink:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoorYusef/status/1268477108164190208

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

9 minutes ago, x2020 said:

Remember the scene where Luna asked the kid to leave the ice cream parlour...the kid's mum looked very similar to SJ's psychologist

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, scrawford said:

@Heretorant that could be one of the explanation, or, she sit there, starring into space and not responding to LG when he found out, because she knew the poison will take effect soon. So, she didn't bother to respond or reacted to LG finding out she is not JTE

@syntyche Im still set that LG is the only savior, but the second one being another LG is becoming more of a possibility for me. Thanks for the thorough post regarding the savior :).

@Jaja and @Elnin Joery this makes sense, especially after reading BOD blog post http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/01/the-king-on-lee-gon-the-first/ 

1st timeline LG survived without savior, found the door to Parallel world and fell in love with JTE

2nd timeline We got LG from the future, came and save Young LG. Found the door and met Jte and fall in love

3rd timeline is the one we are going to see in ep. 14???

and then we will see the reset time as well after episode 14?

You meant we will see 3rd timeline after episode 14 correct? I think that timeline will be on the reset because it comes post the reset

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gwin said:

In BTTF (at least the first movie), it was easy to accept that kind of time travel because the lead character went back in the past accidentally, and changed things in the past (at least initially) accidentally as well.  Here in TKEM, if they go with the BTTF example, Lee Gon would be going back to the past deliberately.   Which then would lead to a lot questions... if he can go back to the past deliberately, why not just go back far enough to prevent LR from even existing?

Because the flute allows to change timeline only upto the point/ from the point it is/was broken.:)

Edit: I see wenchanteur already answered it:lol:

Edited by Umjicheok
Added
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Because he can't travel back in time BEFORE the flute split.

Reversal rule comment ah ah !

Except that he did mention to JTE in the last episode that he may have to prevent LR from getting the flute in the first place...which kind of implies that he is intending to go back in time before the flute split.

And also, we have spoiler photos showing us that:

Spoiler

1.   LG visits a young JTE in her taekwondo uniform
2.   LG and JTE in a 1940s/1950s type of setting

3.  LR facing his past self, before the murder of his half brother 

All of which imply that they can go back in time before the flute split.

Which is fine.  They can go back in time as far back as he wants.  What I may have a problem with is if he manages to change the past.  Which creates a LOT of problems.

1 minute ago, Umjicheok said:

Because the flute allows to change timeline only upto the point/ from the point it is/was broken.:)

Edit: I see wenchanteur already answered it:lol:

Why do we assume this?  It's just a theory at this point right?  None of the characters have mentioned this at all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, gwin said:

Maybe she meant KSJ or Shin Jae?

If we are talking about unnecessary characters, unless they do something in the next few episodes that greatly impacts the plot, there are my personal rankings of the most unnecessary (please don't be offended, if you're a fan of any of these characters):

1.   Jangmi

2.   Nari and her doppelganger

3.   Ji-Hun's mom

4.   the PM

Wait what:joy:. Finding Jangmi on this list is upsetting. His a fan-favourite probably one of the biggest breakout stars in the show

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

16 minutes ago, gwin said:

Back to the Future.  The time travel used in that movie allows the time traveller to change the past (and consequently affecting the future as well).   

Ah... this one. I watched this in my childhood days. Hahaha. Back then I just like how the ML goes back into the past using that machine and tried so hard to change the past for the different future. 

21 minutes ago, gwin said:

In BTTF (at least the first movie), it was easy to accept that kind of time travel because the lead character went back in the past accidentally, and changed things in the past (at least initially) accidentally as well.  Here in TKEM, if they go with the BTTF example, Lee Gon would be going back to the past deliberately.   Which then would lead to a lot questions... if he can go back to the past deliberately, why not just go back far enough to prevent LR from even existing?

Ah... I got what you mean. That question ever crossed my mind as well. Dunno what the answer for that, but my theory is it is probably he couldn't control to which timeline he can go back. Let's all agree that the flute is the key to cross each other world. I mean he doesn't have this magic button in it which he can use to set the timeline he should travel. He might go back but going back to the exact timeline he wish is out of his control. 

Or

Just like him, LR also goes time-travelling and did some effort as well to keep himself alive by keep killing people from his past.  

Well, aside from both, some old questions are still unanswered yet and I can't think of more. I have used my brain memory all day at work and to the last bytes for thinking TKEM. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, gwin said:

Why do we assume this?  It's just a theory at this point right?  None of the characters have mentioned this at all.

As you said this is just an assumption IF writer decides that LG would want to go back to change the past- present and future BUT she doesn't want to change the existence of Lee lim and save LG's father and other things. This possibility / theory was already discussed in earlier Pgs and I never intended it to come across as the fact. 

Edited by Umjicheok
Typos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

LG ends up with JY and closing the gates while JTE gives birth to future crown prince in a different universe , while LG stares at the Photo of them saying, I will recarve the manpasikjeok with the seeds you dropped and Do a time travel to reach to you back again But just to endup with JY because because you see I confessed before I like him more???

#officiallyylostit :crazy:

Such an ending would indeed be what you call an epic anti-climactic. You will see chairs flying all over this place but god forbid I hope not and I don't think KES will drink from that cop. It's poison and should be left alone in peace. 

I see more of a reset timeline ending where LG starts to re-love JTE after re-meeting her again on a new. delevoping emotions with her but finally he will come to love her again as she will pursue him but will trigger him somehow to give into her but he will resist in the beginning I could see but she will eventually win his heart and claim her mann back despite his memory loss of the previous timeline. It would be a cute ending and she gets to be inconsiderate with LG who has no memory of their first night of being inconsiderate it would be like experiencing the same night double fold 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, gwin said:

I've been randomly rewatching episodes and decided to finally rewatch Episode 8.  I think the reason why this is one of the episodes I haven't rewatched yet is because it's my least favorite (the episode with the most cringeworthy PPLs... that scene with JTE and Jangmi in the car ugh).  Nevertheless, I feel like a LOT of JTE's voice-overs here are deep with meaning, and perhaps offer clues on what's happeneing?

"Same faces, same ID card, parallel worlds.   I should've known that day when I was wondering where my ID card went.  That Lee Lim is alive. And that the two worlds are getting mixed up.  At least at the moment when I sensed the transcendental power that was trying to restore balance... I should've known before we had to face this situation, that it's something like fate, so to speak."

The yoyo kid was shown on screen while this voice-over was being said.

Later in the scene where she says "I Love You" to LG, another voice over:

"Things that are bound to happen are taking place even at this moment.  I was struck with the sad premonition that this will be short-lived, but I decided to love my fate, that chose me."

As someone who really hopes that KES doesn't overly complicate her time travel plot, I really hope these lines are clues that whatever is happening is fated and will happen no matter what (and that no one can change fate).   I really hope she won't go into alternate timelines!

What do you guys think?

@gwin a lot of people have spent time on complicated time travel scenarios but like you I think it will come down to fate. The writer has left just to many bread crumbs that point that way. Besides why would we need Yoyo child master of fate and all the symbols that will show that fate is at work if fate was not going to set things right.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Ah... this one. I watched this in my childhood days. Hahaha. Back then I just like how the ML goes back into the past using that machine and tried so hard to change the past for the different future. 

Ah... I got what you mean. That question ever crossed my mind as well. Dunno what the answer for that, but my theory is it is probably he couldn't control to which timeline he can go back. Let's all agree that the flute is the key to cross each other world. I mean he doesn't have this magic button in it which he can use to set the timeline he should travel. He might go back but going back to the exact timeline he wish is out of his control. 

The spoiler photos (and the scene at the end of Episode 10) make it hard to believe that he has no control over what point in time he returns to. Which is what makes this all confusing and hard to predict.

Sigh, tomorrow can't come soon enough!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Nari is to be the girlfriend of JY and ES

In Nari's situation it seems like JY didn't wanna make a move due to him being busy and working mostly. He needs to stay focussed while ES never made the move because he dosen't think she will accept him. A second couple forming would be okay with me. I could see tho JY getting with Naris double who works in the palace with him where as ES getting with Nari

• Like 5