[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

3 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

By the way, I was watching with my husband (my rewatch but his first watch) and he remarked that Seo Dan’s mother must have paid for Jeong Hyeok’s studies in Switzerland and in exchange Jeong Hyeok’s parents gave their son in marriage to her daughter. If that is the case, I think Jeong Hyeok’s father must have been an upright man. Despite being the number 1 in the military, he has not taken bribes and so, did not have money to send him to Switzerland for his music studies. And Jeong Hyeok’s brother must have crossed paths with Cheol Gang regarding his shady operations. Maybe Jeong Hyeok’s father will do something about Cheol Gang once he knows what he’s done to his son.

Waiting makes people come out of the woodwork so here I am.. ha.

Wanted to note however- during a flashback of rat’s eavesdrop on RMH before the truck of doom crash, MH said his brother (RJH) was on full scholarship to the music conservatory in Switzerland.

Anyhow. Hoping the cast and crew get some rest. I’ve been rewatching scenes slowly and just appreciating the solid acting.

I’m enjoying this show for the leads’ chemistry, and the ducklings’ camaraderie, as well as the villain’s amazing North Korean accent. Lol.

Also I know there were criticisms initially of the unrealistic/ romanticized plot, but having lived in the other big Comm country for the past 7 years, I have to say many of the scenes resonated with me. 

Lastly cos I am melo, I was thinking of melo endings (also because personally I think reunification would be a cop-out ending) and this drama is a ro-co-fantasy-melo drama right? I was imagining the annual family reunions that the two Koreas sometimes have, with Se-Ri and their daughter meeting Captain Ri for 3 days every year or two..

Ok don’t kill me, lol. We’ll stick to the reuniting in Switzerland idea.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Am I the only one who thinks that JCK has the support of someone who's of the same or even higher ranking than JH's dad seeing that he's still trying relentlessly to stop JH from investigating his crimes? This he's doing despite the fact that he now knows who JH's dad is! :flushed:

JCK will use SR as the bargaining chip to get JH to back off from investigating his brother's death temporarily. But with more evidences against him (MH's watch at the pawnshop & the help of the rat etc) JH will still persevere!  My heart aches everytime I see HSJ's funeral photo although he still looks dashing.:cold_sweat:

OMO! CLOY has thriller elements too besides the swooning over Capt Ri, cuteness overload among our OTP and the ducklings and the camaraderie among SR and the NKorean ahjumas.:blush:

Which is why it is such a CRACKTASTIC DRAMA for me!:love:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, browniebunny said:

wait guys. watching the special ep rn and when ri jung hyuk first explained to seri he said 11th division refers to a special agent/spy or a family member? so if like we're thinking seri's mom is a member of 11th division, doesn't that (actually) make her a member of 11th division as well?

It doesn't work like that...but that will make her 'special'... because [as I explained before] the social class in NK is strictly decided based on the birthright... Division 11 members must belong to 'special' class....

1 hour ago, Site Admin said:

RJH simply vibrates whenever he is with Seri and there's a part of me that wants him to break away from his filial and honorable mold. It's not as if he hasn't done it already. I mean he let an SK woman sleep in his bed, use his utensils, eat his provisions, wear HIS white button down shirt on her first night. That kind of suggestive intimacy is already a crime in itself.

He didn't turn her over to the authorities. All his actions towards Seri from that point forward is an act of treason to his country and he's not even scared. The only real fear he has is that Seri might get caught and he has to hurt some of his comrades to protect her.

Jung Hyuk, filial and honorable as he appears, is actually more loyal to his heart than his government and the silly guy doesn't even realize it yet haha. After his crazy antics versus the truck of doom to keep her safe, he's capable of doing just about anything.

I think about this too... This is pure drama fantasy but it makes the characters are interesting...

An uptight soldier went such an extent [shooting fellow comrades] to protect 'enemy'... 

His ducklings said he isn't capable of lying, but he lied to everyone that Seri is his fiancee to protect her...

Then even went to his Dad to ask for a favor to return her to safety in exchange of his own marriage...

If they're found out by the authorities, they'd be executed and probably in public...

But that's in real life haha.

4 hours ago, Site Admin said:

Since it's more possible for a South Korean to end up with an alien or a mermaid than (heaven forbid) a North Korean, I would like this drama to bite the bullet and just let Seri stay in North Korea, marry RJH where she is ironically loved and treated like an equal. Seri is so much safer living in a communist country than in a house full of her family members.

Seri is a great negotiator and all-around charmer. Maybe she can build a mall that would be a hundred times more hip and cosmopolitan. Imagine the riot that Capt. Ri has to face on a daily basis for his wife's antics (clueless, exasperated expression and all). My heart flutters with glee just thinking about it. We all know he would do everything for her, even if it's against his will haha.

Seri would be much happier bickering with Pyo, drinking beer with the ahjumas and waking up to RJH's cooking every morning. I can't imagine her living a life without those people, I swear. She's exactly where she needs to be--- in NK.

If only this drama isn't produced by SK, this kind of ending will probably be possible... :cold_sweat:

I mean, Seri can fully become herself in NK and can even eat so much =)))))))))

Curious how this will be wrapped up... RJH might be able to be 'safe' and somehow be with Seri...but what about the ducklings...

I want them all to be together.... TT_TT

3 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

By the way, I was watching with my husband (my rewatch but his first watch) and he remarked that Seo Dan’s mother must have paid for Jeong Hyeok’s studies in Switzerland and in exchange Jeong Hyeok’s parents gave their son in marriage to her daughter. If that is the case, I think Jeong Hyeok’s father must have been an upright man. Despite being the number 1 in the military, he has not taken bribes and so, did not have money to send him to Switzerland for his music studies. And Jeong Hyeok’s brother must have crossed paths with Cheol Gang regarding his shady operations. Maybe Jeong Hyeok’s father will do something about Cheol Gang once he knows what he’s done to his son.

This is possible.

Or RJH's dad owed a huge favor to the late dad of Seo Dan.

It is also possible that Seo Dan's dad held even higher position than RJH's Dad before.

I mean, Seo Dan's uncle is the one who owned the special car...

unrelated to your post:

I also see some people call RJH's Dad kind of Minister...?

But he isn't, though he has control over KPA (Korean's People Army)... This site provides great help to understand the elite background of RJH family...

BY THE WAY

I went to DMZ today, to be exact to Odusan Observatory where we can observe North Korean's territory from binoculars...it's also where we can see NK's side most clearly and most closely imo (I've been to Dorasan and Goseong Observatories, and I couldn't see NK as clear as I did  today)... 

There's a cafe at the observatory...and guess what, they're playing CLOY OST... I was like 'how apt' :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

and here i am reminding my dear comrades that SERI’s Choice doesn’t come cheap.. even in NK!! we might end up eating potato skins instead!! :phew:

HEY WAS THERE A SCENE WHERE OUR HANDSOME DUCKLING IS IN HOSPITAL CLOTHES?? :scream:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

lets continue to grin silly with old bts:-

any RJH uniform wannabes thinking of converting to the belt wannabe?? :naughty:

Looks like Son Ye Jin, I mean Se Ri, already got first dibs on RJH's belt. 

wxwD3iy.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

43 minutes ago, Fairy said:

Really miss them already.. their scenes were sooooo fresh

no worries my fellow comrade!! the 4 ducklings will still be around.. SR needs to bring RJH and the “hamsom” duckling to the hospital!! :astonished: ... maybe that explains why he is spotted in hospital clothes! and hopefully pyo chi su takes the lead while the “totally our type” hero gets to recuperate from his gun wound.. :kiss_wink:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

comrades, time to get our brain cells working on something while waiting!! haha :mrgreen:

RJH’s bro died 7yrs ago.. RJH’s application to the academic year was 2007-2008..

but it seems like, he didn’t complete the enrolment? :confused: and if the engagement was before RJH’s bro passed away.. why wasn’t the marriage on the older bro first? i thought being a conservative country the eldest son has to be married first before the next sibling in line..

Unfortunately, yes, because the props director, I mean RJH did not submit his application in 2007. In fact, he did not submit it until 2019. Plus, he used Geneva's music academy's 2019 application form instead of Basel's where he supposedly went to. :D 

NAIqvyF.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, campanulah said:

Unfortunately, yes, because the props director, I mean RJH did not submit his application in 2007. In fact, he did not submit it until 2019. Plus, he used Geneva's music academy's 2019 application form instead of Basel's where he supposedly went to. :D 

Thank you for your sharp eyes! Siiighhh...I really don’t appreciate SK’s way of live shooting a drama. Praying that everything will go smoothly and cast and production team will stay healthy.

20 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Watching the second special on TVing...still, nothing special about it...

I thought it'd be specially edited scenes, not putting 6 episodes into 2... =-=

Yep.. The PD should have called the two episodes as “highlights” rather than “specials” coz there’s nothing “special” about them except for a short BTS at the end. In a way it is good coz that means I-drama fans ain’t missing anything.

Here’s the link to a translation of some of the top comments from Knetz for the past 6 episodes. You can really trace the progressive change of tide through the top comments :D

https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2020/01/spoilerscrash-landing-on-you-roundup.html

• Like 6
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Here’s the link to a translation of some of the top comments from Knetz for the past 6 episodes. You can really trace the progressive change of tide through the top comments :D

Your face is an honor. Here.... enough said.

6 hours ago, Site Admin said:

He is so whipped and so smitten that I can imagine him dragging Seri into a room full of his fiance's family, his parents and the creme dela creme of NK society to declare his irrevocable love for her. He need not break any mold because that is the real him. He is a very passionate and bullheaded man when he's in love.

Why do I feel like SR will be the one who will parade him around? :wub: Anyway, I also want RJH to break free, even without SR. He needs to let his pent-up emotions go and chase after his impending dream(s). As for SR, I hope she could find contentment in living.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

ha ha ha I can see they’re so whipped for Hyun Bin! This man ages so well... I like him even better now than when I first watched Sam Soon all those years ago.

Im really enjoying SYJ’s emoting though; there are almost no comments about her! I didn’t use to particularly watch out for her acting but she’s winning me over this drama. 

KJH (the actor for Gu Seung Joon) is also stealing the scenes he is in, glad he is looking a little healthier after his break last year... or was it 2018?

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Basically the comments are love confession to Captain Ri lol.

Extremely agree with this comment:

[+798 / -35] The drama is so fun! Their chemistry is so good and there's no acting holes with the supporting actors so I'm having a good time watching it ㅎㅎ!!

So true... the plot and many stuffs cannot happen irl (though the writer did a great job to make it as close as possible to the 'reality'), but it's so fun because all casts act so well... They even seem to be having fun with their characters...so we, as viewers, also have fun watching them... Totally no acting hole.

Too bad they don't really mention Yejin... Son Yejin's acting is so good... Her emotion and delivery are so on-point...  Combine those with Hyunbin's acting and face, they have chemistry explosion XDD

• Like 14

5 hours ago, attriste said:

Waiting makes people come out of the woodwork so here I am.. ha.

Wanted to note however- during a flashback of rat’s eavesdrop on RMH before the truck of doom crash, MH said his brother (RJH) was on full scholarship to the music conservatory in Switzerland.

Anyhow. Hoping the cast and crew get some rest. I’ve been rewatching scenes slowly and just appreciating the solid acting.

I’m enjoying this show for the leads’ chemistry, and the ducklings’ camaraderie, as well as the villain’s amazing North Korean accent. Lol.

Also I know there were criticisms initially of the unrealistic/ romanticized plot, but having lived in the other big Comm country for the past 7 years, I have to say many of the scenes resonated with me. 

Lastly cos I am melo, I was thinking of melo endings (also because personally I think reunification would be a cop-out ending) and this drama is a ro-co-fantasy-melo drama right? I was imagining the annual family reunions that the two Koreas sometimes have, with Se-Ri and their daughter meeting Captain Ri for 3 days every year or two..

Ok don’t kill me, lol. We’ll stick to the reuniting in Switzerland idea.

Exactly my thoughts! I rewatched the trailer #1 by Swoon for Netflix and it seems like the ending was already given away? That scene of them meeting in the future in Switzerland must definitely be their reunion. Unless it was a "test filming" (as Hyun Bin explained re. The still picts we have all seen of him in his army gear and Son ye jin in a blue dress in what appears to be the setting of a rich man's house in South Korea), and the scene of them meeting by the river in the trailer is just a test scene?

But plsssss no open ending, they better not meet from afar with a knowing smile and BAM, it ends! After all, YWCFTS and LOTBS had a proper deep kiss and hug reunion to signify a positive future.

8 hours ago, cenching said:

Is there a possibility that SD was RJH's Hyung's fiancee by family arrangement too?? And because the Hyung passed away then RJH replaces him??? Some Asian especially The Oriental do have this kind of arrangement.

Mmm that has been my suspicion for awhile too, that because his hyung passed away, he was instead engaged to marry Seo Dan.

6 hours ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

Kim Soo Hyun In Talks To Make Special Appearance On “Crash Landing On 

Omg YES please do, that would be GOLD!

@KimSooHanMoo I'm sooo glad ddoboja finally translated the feedback, I've been checking the blog twice a day!

Its so funny to read what some of these netizens have to say, and then realise that I have the exact same sentiments. Just as I was thinking, the weekend is nearly over and we just have 5 more days to bear before we get our next episode, this comment sums it up wayyyy better B)

. [+2123 / -23] Why is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday being clueless and butting in... Let's just do Saturday, Sunday, Saturday, Sunday...

And clearly, people are smitten with Hyun Bin (again!)

5. [+962 / -24] Who put the light above Hyun Bin's head 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1