[Mainland Chinese Drama] ARSENAL MILITARY ACADEMY 烈火军校

DontEatMyKimchi

1 hour ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Wow, I never thought I would be so disappointed in SJS. He took such a low route to separate the two. I'm sure he felt threatened. I really liked his character, but I hate that he's using lies that XX "promised" him this and that to make her go on "dates" with him.

I agree with you to an extent- watching XX run frantically back and forth between the girls school and military academy did make me frustrated on her behalf. And I definitely found SJS’s actions manipulative and pushy.

BUT- how is that different than GYZ showing up at her parents’ house and staying for lunch? How is it different than GYZ saying he’d come back the next day if she didn’t meet him out for breakfast? I think we treat it differently because GYZ is cheeky and immature and we just accept that she’ll fall for him. 

Both male leads use her secret to pressure/threaten her with exposure if she doesn’t spend time with them.

I agree with you that her bestie is awesome for nudging her to think about her heart and who she truly loves. The whole girl talk around coffee was great stuff. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dezzys said:

BUT- how is that different than GYZ showing up at her parents’ house and staying for lunch? How is it different than GYZ saying he’d come back the next day if she didn’t meet him out for breakfast? I think we treat it differently because GYZ is cheeky and immature and we just accept that she’ll fall for him. 

Both male leads use her secret to pressure/threaten her with exposure if she doesn’t spend time with them.

I see where your points are coming from as I am the first person to call out double standards when I see it. However there are some key differences between GYZ and SJS. GYZ is spoiled, care-free and unrestrained. He does whatever he wants, but that is only limited to annoying her, but never manipulating her. 

SJS creates this image for himself as one who is righteous and upholds justice, but uses his power and influence to manipulate her into dates (that is really #metoo creepy). He knows she is not one to say no to him, so he uses that to his advantage. GYZ also has power and influence but he never uses it unless he thinks it necessary. And for sure, he has never used it on her. Being the brat he is, he has previously tried to tell her what to do, who to talk to and it never works, and that’s as far as it goes. If she doesn’t like something, or is mad at him for his actions, GYZ is aware of it because they have that kind of relationship. And he doesn’t push it either. As immature and cheeky as he is with his pranks, deep down he does not push her to do something against her will. She left him hanging while skating for his birthday but he didn’t force her to stay or hire a bunch of people to keep her from leaving. 

And I disagree that GYZ uses her secret to threaten her. In fact, he has repeatedly told her the opposite. He finds humor in telling her to do his chores, but in reality, he’s never held her up to it or brought it up again. She knew that. And eventually, he’s the one tending to her and her chores. 

5 hours ago, Dezzys said:

I agree with you to an extent- watching XX run frantically back and forth between the girls school and military academy did make me frustrated on her behalf. And I definitely found SJS’s actions manipulative and pushy.

I agree with you that her bestie is awesome for nudging her to think about her heart and who she truly loves. The whole girl talk around coffee was great stuff. 

I totally get where you're coming from too, but like Escapism said, GYZ's never once manipulate XX into doing what he wants. He did visit her family in Beijing but visited her as XX. He went to visit her, not lie to her constantly like SJS to get her to go out to go on "dates" with him. SJS knows how tiring it is for her to run back and forth and lie yet he still keeps doing it. GYZ only asked XX to hangout with him the next day as he was not entirely familiar with the area and was going to be there for a few more days. To me personally, I didn't see it as him threatening her to spend time with him. Maybe a bit pressure but that's about it. Maybe it's because the way SJS and QMT has been behaving - like pressuring hardcore - towards the main leads are what makes me see GYZ's actions as less problematic. lol Besides, him staying for lunch was because her parents asked and it would be inappropriate to deny their request. The difference is that both GYZ and XX know that she is a girl at this point when he went to visit her, while SJS knows but XX doesn't know that he does. SJS's taking advantage of the situation so that it'll be in his favor. 

5 hours ago, Dezzys said:

The thing about GYZ visiting her at her parents house is the looming threat that he might slip, rather than he will tell on her. And with him threatening to come back the next day is not so much because of her secret, but the fact that she now has to deal with her mother and the bizillion questions of how they know each other, and the more her mother press, the easier they slip. Not entirely the same thing at all. And the thing about how GYZ’s asking her out, he said he won’t leave until she come, not like SJS, if you don’t answer, I’ll go ask your brother. Every single time with SJS, he literally forced her hands to accept the date, and made her hustle. It was really hard for me to watch her run from A to B, too. Totally ungentlemanlike. And the room change was serious low :/

i do love how XX found out about the button and what it truly mean to GYZ, it shows her that even the most random spur of the moment thing she said, he took it to heart. Can’t wait for tonight eps :) then the long wait *sigh* T_T

Enjoy reading your insights about the difference of SJS and GYZ :D. I didn't know SJS would go that far since I'm episodes way behind. I just knew why I never liked him a bit because usually guys who seems too good and remarkably righteous aren't exactly what they always seem to be. He doesn't fit the usual second male lead that somehow you would actually root for. Heck, I quite like Wenzhong more despite him being this annoying-villainy-coward type guy..ha ha..

Looking forward to the episodes. I'm just here to spoil myself a bit...ha ha. 

On 8/29/2019 at 9:07 PM, bluehibiscus said:

Unlike other dramas adapted from a novel, this is an original story commissioned by Yu Zheng’s company and they have released a novel with the same title. The DramaPanda article got it the other way round.

ah its the other way around i hope they will release an english version. thanks

I don't have any hopes for C-novels to get translated into English unless a fan picks it up and translate it for us. 

Anyways, there's a part that I'm kind of confuse about in episode 40. It was when SJS dropped XX off back home in Beijing. Did she tell him the truth? Probs not too tho for they would've shown us such an important scene but I don't know either. I'm excited for next week's episodes but I'm not either, because it's the fateful ending for a few of our favorite main supporting characters. 

9 hours ago, rose_loves_ice said:

I don't have any hopes for C-novels to get translated into English unless a fan picks it up and translate it for us. 

Anyways, there's a part that I'm kind of confuse about in episode 40. It was when SJS dropped XX off back home in Beijing. Did she tell him the truth? Probs not too tho for they would've shown us such an important scene but I don't know either. I'm excited for next week's episodes but I'm not either, because it's the fateful ending for a few of our favorite main supporting characters. 

Nope, XX didnt tell him, she supposed to tell him in ep 38 but because of the bldg explosion she went home. SJS will go to her house worrying because of the Japanese wer after her, that she confirmed he knows the truth, He will see GYZ there and they will have meal together and XX will ask SJS to leave, she walks him outside and that where she will tell him She likes GYZ.

I found the link for AMA novel in chinese and im reading it via google translate. I found out the only kiss in the novel was the kiss they cut out in EP32. Im still hoping for more romantic scene in the last 8 eps of the drama, since a lot of romantic scenes has been deleted.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:58 PM, Mauee_A said:

Nope, XX didnt tell him, she supposed to tell him in ep 38 but because of the bldg explosion she went home. SJS will go to her house worrying because of the Japanese wer after her, that she confirmed he knows the truth, He will see GYZ there and they will have meal together and XX will ask SJS to leave, she walks him outside and that where she will tell him She likes GYZ.

I found the link for AMA novel in chinese and im reading it via google translate. I found out the only kiss in the novel was the kiss they cut out in EP32. Im still hoping for more romantic scene in the last 8 eps of the drama, since a lot of romantic scenes has been deleted.

What part in 32 that leads to the kiss?

On 8/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, rose_loves_ice said:

I totally get where you're coming from too, but like Escapism said, GYZ's never once manipulate XX into doing what he wants. He did visit her family in Beijing but visited her as XX. He went to visit her, not lie to her constantly like SJS to get her to go out to go on "dates" with him. SJS knows how tiring it is for her to run back and forth and lie yet he still keeps doing it. GYZ only asked XX to hangout with him the next day as he was not entirely familiar with the area and was going to be there for a few more days. To me personally, I didn't see it as him threatening her to spend time with him. Maybe a bit pressure but that's about it. Maybe it's because the way SJS and QMT has been behaving - like pressuring hardcore - towards the main leads are what makes me see GYZ's actions as less problematic. lol Besides, him staying for lunch was because her parents asked and it would be inappropriate to deny their request. The difference is that both GYZ and XX know that she is a girl at this point when he went to visit her, while SJS knows but XX doesn't know that he does. SJS's taking advantage of the situation so that it'll be in his favor. 

Hi, I seem to have missed this scene where GYZ visited her in Beijing. I keep seeing some of the flashbacks, but cannot remember watching it. Do you remember which epsiode this is in? Thanks!

Yes! It's Tuesday already! :lol:

Cant wait for tonight's episode when XX brings the unconscious GYZ to her house. She MUST have realised how much SHE MEANT to him by now. Our lovelorn GYZ was so desperate to find her that he fainted in relief at the sight of her! Hope she reciprocrate his feelings!:tounge_xd:

Xu Kai's look when he found out that XX has his "love button" was so well acted indeed! :wub:

Bai Lu's acting where she discovered that her missing button was stolen by GYZ was just as good.:wub:

They really have such great chemistry indeed!

So little romantic scenes between the two leads yet when they are together, there is this sweetness overload onscreen! I love the look he gave her when she’s finally appeared in front of him safe and whole. And how he just succumbed to her when she refused to serve him soup. Unlike SJS, won’t take her no for an answer and adamant that she should do thing his way, GYZ will please her if she doesn’t like it. Highlight the differences in the two men. SJS got jealous of GYZ and want to get XX away from SJS, GYZ in a way, kinda just eat it (because atm he doesn’t know for sure she just love him or still undecided, he doesn’t want to completely lose her by forcing her away from SJS). GYZ is very sweet, and I love the scenes at XX’s house in Beijing, so funny yet awkward and the mother is like: you can’t string two men along! Pick GYZ, I like him!

14 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Episode 16 :D

Thanks lightbringer06! I just realised I missed two important episodes - 16 and 17. No wonder I felt something was missing. I just thought there was a sudden jump in the development of the two main characters. All I thought was that GYZ was just an annoying brat.  After going through that incident (lockup and gun fight), it did bring them closer. No wonder she was thinking of him when she was rescued by SJS later on.

3 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

So little romantic scenes between the two leads yet when they are together, there is this sweetness overload onscreen! I love the look he gave her when she’s finally appeared in front of him safe and whole. And how he just succumbed to her when she refused to serve him soup. Unlike SJS, won’t take her no for an answer and adamant that she should do thing his way, GYZ will please her if she doesn’t like it. Highlight the differences in the two men. SJS got jealous of GYZ and want to get XX away from SJS, GYZ in a way, kinda just eat it (because atm he doesn’t know for sure she just love him or still undecided, he doesn’t want to completely lose her by forcing her away from SJS). GYZ is very sweet, and I love the scenes at XX’s house in Beijing, so funny yet awkward and the mother is like: you can’t string two men along! Pick GYZ, I like him!

Ikr, usually when a girl has been kidnapped and suddenly appeared infront of the guy, he would ran to her, grabbed and embraced her and asked if she's ok but the overwhelmed relief look he gave her was like he must have been dreaming or he was so overcome with fear and worry that had left him emotionally drained that he fainted after seeing that she's safe and sound..wow, the look of love in his eyes and yet she's still uncertain while her mom prefers GYZ, i laughed when i heard she'd said that to XX :lol:.  SJS's attitude towards XX is getting a bit selfish, arrogant and thinks that he'd already 'owned' her and yet XX just accepts this as if she would feel really guilty if she doesn't do as he says, it's getting a bit annoying now :wacko:.

I wonder if there's gonna be a twist in the end, not sure y but that Jin Xian Rong character seemed like she's going to turn against the japanese after they'd killed her brother (she still seemed to have respect and love for him). I do hope so, i love anything with a twist at the end.

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

Ikr, usually when a girl has been kidnapped and suddenly appeared infront of the guy, he would ran to her, grabbed and embraced her and asked if she's ok but the overwhelmed relief look he gave her was like he must have been dreaming or he was so overcome with fear and worry that had left him emotionally drained that he fainted after seeing that she's safe and sound..wow, the look of love in his eyes and yet she's still uncertain while her mom prefers GYZ, i laughed when i heard she'd said that to XX :lol:.  SJS's attitude towards XX is getting a bit selfish, arrogant and thinks that he'd already 'owned' her and yet XX just accepts this as if she would feel really guilty if she doesn't do as he says, it's getting a bit annoying now :wacko:.

So there's just, what, 8 eps left and the girl isn't sure of her feelings yet?...lol...XX is probably in denial. Hope that we get to see some lovey dovey scenes for the last couple of eps, at least ~

@glassextreme ha ha ha...I wonder how you got to jump episodes and missed it^^. You're welcome :D.

33 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

So there's just, what, 8 eps left and the girl isn't sure of her feelings yet?...lol...XX is probably in denial. Hope that we get to see some lovey dovey scenes for the last couple of eps, at least ~

@glassextreme ha ha ha...I wonder how you got to jump episodes and missed it^^. You're welcome :D.

XX is totally smitten with GYZ, every single time he does something for her, or just show that he’s in love with her, her face is soften and her eyes are totally in love. (I just love how GYZ ask for a kiss, so cute hahaha). With SJS, perhaps she doesn’t know how to say no to him. Also back to one of the episodes, she said it’s not the time for love, she puts national stuff before these matters, whatever you want to label it, denial, runaway or patriotic, whatever reasons, she’s dodging it xD somehow little as these scenes are, I’m ok with the series so far 0.o so strange lol! Of course more is better, but this is one of those rare series I’m just happy seeing them love each other lol! I’m totally fangirl this couple, not just XK or BL! And XK looks so dashing with this drama costume, but I agree he has to be quite thin, which is pretty taxing

I'm POSITIVE XX is no longer in denial about her love for GYZ after finding the "love button" while he was searching for it among the grass. She'd even discussed about it with her bestie. She's probably too shy to confess as he's her 1st love.:D

The SCENE in her bedroom while he's recuperating is very meaningful indeed. The way she looked at him while rubbing the "love button" really expressed her love for him. (I love this scene to bits!)

But the WAY she looked at him while he held her hand, telling her he'll protect her no matter what was PURE LOVE!:heart:

And I love that GYZ was confident enough to let XX send SJS off alone. Unlike previously, he'd never allowed them to be together.:)

Am I the only one who thinks that SJS has finally admit defeat when he discovered GYZ was the 1 who saved XX and was staying at her place. Moreover her parents particularly her mum openly showed her affection for GYZ!:lol:

2 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

XX is totally smitten with GYZ, every single time he does something for her, or just show that he’s in love with her, her face is soften and her eyes are totally in love. (I just love how GYZ ask for a kiss, so cute hahaha). With SJS, perhaps she doesn’t know how to say no to him. Also back to one of the episodes, she said it’s not the time for love, she puts national stuff before these matters, whatever you want to label it, denial, runaway or patriotic, whatever reasons, she’s dodging it xD somehow little as these scenes are, I’m ok with the series so far 0.o so strange lol! Of course more is better, but this is one of those rare series I’m just happy seeing them love each other lol! I’m totally fangirl this couple, not just XK or BL! And XK looks so dashing with this drama costume, but I agree he has to be quite thin, which is pretty taxing

Oh, I'm glad she is^^. I thought that until the latest eps, she's still not. I am eps behind so I don't really follow the episodes currently airing this week :D.

Archived