[Mainland Chinese Drama] ARSENAL MILITARY ACADEMY 烈火军校

DontEatMyKimchi

8 hours ago, Mauee_A said:

tho Im team roommate its hard not to ship XX with SJS, this is my first time im torn between the first and second male lead,  but since i love Li Chen Lan he won my heart okay.. please have more romantic scenes 14 eps left an still no kiss. 

There is a rumour that a kissing scene has been cut out for them to pass censorship, possibly has to do with the ideal of male kissing male, even though in this case it’s cross dressing if u can even call it that!

SJS is confident because XX has always outwardly show she’s caring for him and him only. She doesn’t show the same level of care to GYZ or HS. I agree HS is pretty pitiful, and I do hope GYZ doesn’t do this noble idiocy thing and withdraw his fighting. I love how as childish as GYZ always show, he’s always the leader, even SJS let him lead lol.

Spoiler

We have so little eps left, and many deaths await :/ I know a war is about to break out, but still :( it’s gonna be sad. Our little chipmunks are about to get a massive life lesson in war life, and it will change them forever :( this will possibly be the first c-drama where most characters die at the end and I’m ok with it as it’s very logical to lose that many in war time. Unlike say princess silver *eyesrolling lol

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://youtu.be/eCB23xibnpA

not sure this will work... but here’s the 33/34 scene I posted about. XX runs into SJS and hides behind a stufffed animal. Her friend implies that she’s a little mentally not there. SJS starts stroking the teddy bear that’s touching her face. XX looks totally mortified and he’s subtly smirking because he knows she’s lying. 

15 hours ago, whome said:

Seems SJS was developing feelings for XX when he thought XX was a guy, and was weirded out by it. Now that he knows she is actually a female, he seems to smiling more and tries to purposely be around XX more. But GYZ is noticing it. GYZ seems territorial about it. Even the classmates around them seems to realize this. But I do get the feeling that she's has started to develop feelings for GYZ that she doesn't realize.

Yes! I agree with you that SJS freaked out when he thought he had feelings for male XX but is elated that he's actually a girl. The rivalry between him and GYZ will become more intense.:lol:

IMO I think XX sees her brother in SJS as he's always been gentlemanly and caring towards here right from the beginning. Her dad is highly educated so her brother had always been gentle to her.:P

GYZ with the lack of motherly love at an early age is the typical spoilt rich brat who tried to get everything he wanted. He was always rough and uncouth with her. Prior to coming to this military college she had never encountered such a guy like him.:D

However I notice from the latest 2 episodes, her heart has begun to thaw towards him as she's less annoyed by his "antics". :love:

Also loving the growing camaraderie among the guys in these latest 2 episodes.:lol:

10 hours ago, Dezzys said:

not sure this will work... but here’s the 33/34 scene I posted about. XX runs into SJS and hides behind a stufffed animal. Her friend implies that she’s a little mentally not there. SJS starts stroking the teddy bear that’s touching her face. XX looks totally mortified and he’s subtly smirking because he knows she’s lying. 

Yup! Video works. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Alila Nguyen said:

There is a rumour that a kissing scene has been cut out for them to pass censorship, possibly has to do with the ideal of male kissing male, even though in this case it’s cross dressing if u can even call it that!

Yikes, really?? Even that? Tsk tsk, I just don't get this Chinese censorship and all the ban thingy they have. Makes me frustrated esp. waiting for a Cdrama due to all the restrictions they have. Well, I guess there's no hope for any kiss scenes then...ha ha..

Someone told me this is adapted from.a novel, is that right?

@Mauee_A

Someone has posted the link of the novel on the previous page unfortunately it's in chinese, not sure if there's any that's been translated.

@gladys57

That's what i don't get, this drama isn't even being broadcasting on any tv stations and yet certain scenes r either being cut or censored. As for the ratings, the last i'd checked which was on sunday, it was on #2 @ Iqiyi, not sure if that's relevant.

While i was watching epi.35-36..

Spoiler

I thought they were being formed as a special team as punishment, ironically how these r also considered the best of the lot (well except for the odd one), Suicidal Squad.  It was also very clever how Sarge Guo ShuTing lead the police(?) to the baddies.  They would've made a perfect team.

The show is getting very suspenseful indeed.

23 hours ago, Mauee_A said:

as ive read, they say the novel has more romantic scenes,do you know the title of the novel? 

Unlike other dramas adapted from a novel, this is an original story commissioned by Yu Zheng’s company and they have released a novel with the same title. The DramaPanda article got it the other way round.

On 8/29/2019 at 2:00 AM, lightbringer06 said:

Now this explains the lack of romantic scenes...

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/08/arsenal-military-academy-producer-yu.html?m=1 

...and the photos of them are hot hot~! :rolleyes:...

Hide contents

I remember XK and BL said this drama is a lot less romantic/lovey dovey as the legends, so I wasn’t expecting much. Even so, they are really cutting it to the bone! I don’t get why you can’t show love between soldiers >_> my grandparents served in the war n fell in love, it’s a real life thing? Unless it truly is because they are supposed to be all males -.- or she’s defying the government’s rules of only boys can be soldiers, and with the HK protester and the celebration coming up, any defiance is just plain bad? I never understand China and their censorship >_>

1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I remember XK and BL said this drama is a lot less romantic/lovey dovey as the legends, so I wasn’t expecting much. Even so, they are really cutting it to the bone! I don’t get why you can’t show love between soldiers >_> my grandparents served in the war n fell in love, it’s a real life thing? Unless it truly is because they are supposed to be all males -.- or she’s defying the government’s rules of only boys can be soldiers, and with the HK protester and the celebration coming up, any defiance is just plain bad? I never understand China and their censorship >_>

I see. So they did say that. But even though it's lesser, I just hope that they don't cut all of it since that's the only thing we can hope for to see their romantic scenes. It's not like she is actually a male in the drama, duh.

Yeah, you and me both, I never and probably never will understand what China is restricting in their dramas...bans, censorship, etc...tsk tsk. This is why sometimes I do prefer Jdramas or Kdramas. Even Taiwanese dramas...hahaha...

That was a quick resolution to the love triangle. I love a lead who sits down and examines their heart and then acts decisively. It took 38 episodes... but I’m not complaining.

Now XX- go get your man! Without any kissing... because censorship. 

1 hour ago, Dezzys said:

That was a quick resolution to the love triangle. I love a lead who sits down and examines their heart and then acts decisively. It took 38 episodes... but I’m not complaining.

Now XX- go get your man! Without any kissing... because censorship. 

Oh? So is the love line finally moving now? :D

Now that SJS is actively pursuing her, I wish she is as decisive as GYZ was. He has been clear about his intentions- not caring what people think. I am guessing the only thing stopping XX is that she feels bad for SJS. But that’s not a good reason to string him along either. 

Wow, I never thought I would be so disappointed in SJS. He took such a low route to separate the two. I'm sure he felt threatened. I really liked his character, but I hate that he's using lies that XX "promised" him this and that to make her go on "dates" with him. He's really taking advantage of her truth for his own benefit(s), which is really upsetting. Nonetheless, I guess I should also thank him for helping XX realize her true feelings for GYZ. Finally XX realized her true feelings and have come to terms with it. Thank to XJ who was there to help her and knock some sense into her that she needs to make it clear on who she really likes. 
It was hard watching GYZ upset and hurt over her lie that she was "uncomfortable" with the rumors. He really felt then and thought that she really does not feel the same way as him. And I'm glad XX found the button and confirmed her feelings for him and vice versa. I hope she returns his button to him soon and let him know her true feelings. Oh, I liked how GYZ gifted XX with sunflowers and macaroons. I saw on Douyin that, that was a mistake and that macaroons didn't exist until much later? lol 

I felt bad for QMT, but I'm glad that GYZ made it extra clear to her that he does NOT love her at all. I hope she takes in his words seriously this time and realize who really does love her. 

I suppose Xiaoyu is going to take revenge on XR for causing the death of one of her man. I liked that guy too. Too bad his character had to die. I don't think I'm ready for any of the other main leads to die. I think HS, LWZ, and sergeant Guo is supposed to die later too? Sucks how they had to make LWZ like that florist girl but to give him a fateful ending. 

I wonder if XX's plan to tell SJS the truth tomorrow is going to happen. I don't see it happening just yet as it seems like nothing really goes right during the moments that is needed the most. 

Archived