[Mainland Chinese Drama] ARSENAL MILITARY ACADEMY 烈火军校

DontEatMyKimchi

20 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Hallloooo Soompies ....how did XX pass medical in ep 1....did i miss that piece of info somewhere in the 48 episodes...i finished watching all eps.:innocent:....and only the laundry got done this weekend 

It wasnt shown in the drama, but in the novel, she bribed the doctor a gold bracelet

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mauee_A said:

It wasnt shown in the drama, but in the novel, she bribed the doctor a gold bracelet

Thank you @Mauee_A wow  so simple lol.....i thought that she somehow substituted her picture upon her brothers medical , but then the height and the weight would be so obvious i guess .  

LOL We'll never know how she got in but thanks for sharing the info, @Mauee_A. 

I so desperately want to read the novel. I wish someone would be nice, willing to pick up the novel and translate it for us. We missed out on so many sweet scenes in the drama. Only the novel can quench that thirst, even though there aren't really that many in the book but still. lol

6 hours ago, Mauee_A said:

Thanks for sharing this. :P

I took it for granted about this bribery because CORRUPTION was very rampant during that turbulent time and is depicted obviously in this drama.:sweatingbullets:

This drama really highlighted how the Chinese especially the poor suffered during the Republican time. :angry:

GYZ from a rich and powerful family was living a carefree lifestyle and was apathetic towards politics until he enrolled into AMA when he learnt about the sufferings of the common Chinese people. 

Which is why I LOVE his character development a lot!:wub:

help... I'm on crack with this drama, I was supposed to finish some work last night but I end up rewatching it for the second time... clearly I need help..lol :rolleyes:

I love how the male lead figure it out that he is a she very early on, because its true to the character. he's one smart fellow and they are roomate so it will be weird if he doesnt figure it out.

And now we have come to the time for Arsenal Military Academy Awards:

1. Best Hair Flips and winks : GU YANZHEN

2. Fastest crossdressing across town in one day : XIE LIANZHENG/XIE XIANG

3. Best frequent client at the hospital awards : JUNSHANG

4. Best smirks : JUNSHANG

5. Purest soul : SO SONG

6. Best Girl Friday/sidekick : TAN XIAJUN

6. Best friendship quotes : "I would rather Xie Lianzheng be ruined by you than destroyed by Gu Yanzhen -Ji Jin to Yunshang- :P

and why would i like to read the novel?.....I am curious to read the description of Shen Ting Bai ...for a young man he seems to be an amazing business man / strategist ...and his only Achilles heel was Qu Man ting (what do their names translate to literally i wonder ? lol )   

In one of the scenes QMT tells my favourite girlfriend in the bar :star:  that she had a crush on him before he started sucking up to her father ...and his fatal mistake of dancing with mayors daughter when he specifically told QMT that the first dance is theirs , no wonder QMT would hold a bit of a grudge :blush: and pay him back in spades. ...so if this info was in the novel , i would have liked to delve deeper into their characters . 

Who would have thought that our uncouth and spoilt brat GYZ could be such A SMOOTH TALKER in front of XX's parents? His rhetorical skills not only impressed XX's dad but me as well! :lol:

We could see the immediate IMPACT he had on her parents with his praises of her parents and they'd already approve of him as their son-in-law. In fact XX was taken aback by his sudden change from an uncouth guy to a polite gentleman. :lol:

I'm NOT SURPRISED at all that GYZ really read those articles written by XX's dad and he's as well educated as SJS! :rolleyes:

So it's a MATCH made in heaven for our GYZ & XX! :heart::love:

12 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I'm NOT SURPRISED at all that GYZ really read those articles written by XX's dad and he's as well educated as SJS! :rolleyes:

A very good drama always pulls me back to re watch certain segments or episodes , so after reading your post i went back to ep 16 and as an only son of a Vice President i expect that he had an impeccable education and also family privy to his fathers' throve of intel/ conversations/ newspapers.  I think our GYZ lost a bit of respect towards his own father , hence the rebellion , but with the driver correcting some of his erroneous beliefs  and now even XX's dad praised Mr Gu on the tough position he inherited.    As for match made in heaven, they are excellent  for each other LOL 

On 9/6/2019 at 2:36 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS27j-dqjBLF2vf2MmnUCiimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3ko6e4YECiZQ_81FcLY_

It's no wonder this drama caught my eye and brought back some memories too.  It has some amazing moments:blush:

Watching without subs but romantic moments have a universal language all their own:heart:

I don’t remember watching this scene. Which ep is this pic from?

Now I can understand why we dont get to see any kisses at all in our gem of a drama after watching ep 16 where GYZ was having lunch XX & her parents.:rolleyes:

When XX was rude to GYZ, her dad cajoled her for her behaviour and apologised to him and mentioned it was his and wife's fault for spoiling her.B)

I was surprised when GYZ replied that he didnt mind as she was still YOUNG!:lol::lol::lol:

IMHO, actually GYZ has always been very protective (unknown to her on many occasions) caring (getting hot water for her to wash clothes & later bringing them home to wash them) and tender with XX. Just watch the drunken scene where he wiped her face and neck so gentlely. And the scene at the bridge where he stroke her head and cuddled her so tenderly.:heart:

YES! GYZ loves her to bits but knowing that she's so PURE & INNOCENT while staying together with her, he is gentlemanly and patient enough to wait to be intimate with her. We can just imagine how he'd act when they're engaged and married.:D If he were to date XMT, we'd see many kisses. Kudos to the director to hilight this.:wub:

The final scene during the celebration after successfully escaping from the exploding building, had me in stitches!:P

GYZ was patting XX's helmet so playfully like he'd do that to his own sister! :tounge_xd:

In the novel, the situp scene is at episode 6, during the training, GYZ was asking XLC about Mulan, why nobody found out shes a girl, Huang Song said maybe becoz her teammates are stupid, when their lips touched accidentally, XLC run off and leave, the instructor is supposed to followed him but GYZ said not to and admitted that theyve kissed. XLC got depressed

The scene next is at the bar where Tan Xiaojun called her Xie Xiang and Huang Song is there, they explained it is her pet name. GYZ chose XLC to walk her home than QMT. I thought he is falling for Xie Xiang soon, but the situp scene just happened and he started to care/fall for her.

43 minutes ago, Mauee_A said:

In the novel, the situp scene is at episode 6, during the training, GYZ was asking XLC about Mulan, why nobody found out shes a girl, Huang Song said maybe becoz her teammates are stupid, when their lips touched accidentally, XLC run off and leave, the instructor is supposed to followed him but GYZ said not to and admitted that theyve kissed. XLC got depressed

The scene next is at the bar where Tan Xiaojun called her Xie Xiang and Huang Song is there, they explained it is her pet name. GYZ chose XLC to walk her home than QMT. I thought he is falling for Xie Xiang soon, but the situp scene just happened and he started to care/fall for her.

Please... please tell us more what happened in the novel that was not shown in the drama specially concerning our OTP and Junshang too...

Hi @Mauee_A is the novel online somewhere , or hardcopy available - in english by any chance . I just hoped with the success of this drama that somehow the novel got miraculously available lol  ( and i do wish that i spoke mandarin because once hooked on c dramas it is such a loss for us not understanding all the nuances and meanings ....and definitely no to voice overs ...ughhh ...i like hearing the Chinese  language in these dramas , they are part of what makes them so great)  

How on earth did our GYZ get away with his "special" sexy haircut (we're not complaining though:D) when others had to spot the conventional short hairdo. :rolleyes:

I supposed he must have bribed the officer-in-charge just like what XX did with her 1st medical checkup (explained by someone here) as corruption was so rampant then.B)

Xu Kai with his big expressive eyes, cheeky wink, sexy hair cut and the way he swaggers in his super long coat is killing me!:tounge_xd:

@gladys57  Sargent Guo seems to sport the same type of hair style , so two rebells are hairliscious LOL ...

I went back to re watch this drama once all the episodes were subbed . First time watching i mostly concentrated on our XX and GYZ , but now that i know that they are  walking into the sunshine, LOL  i went back to re watch the drama from the beginning. 

And this time i really got into Qu Man Ting , she has the most beautiful fashion that i have seen from the 1900's ...the details , colours and style are impeccable :thumbsup:     but also her insights into Shen Ting Bai when she was speaking to her sister , i think ep 6 and into her father as well and her stance on marriage at that age and time seriously fascinated me this time around. 

Spoiler

Based on the information that i saw, QU Man Ting is the daughter of Sargent Guo 's girlfriend that got raped and married somebody else - or somebody else married her when she woke up from the coma pregnant.  So when Qu Man Ting came to Sargent Guo to ask for XX as per body guard, he knew exactly who she was ???? ...so at the end in ep 46 i think when she found out that her current parents - which she suspected or intuitively verbalized to the bar girlfriend , are not her parents they must have alluded that Sargent Guo is somehow responsible for her birth .  I also have to assume that she told Shen Ting Bai and yet he still loves her no matter what and always  smiles only when she is in his vicinity :) 

Okey, "fresh recruit" here haha.

I know the party is kind of over but I still wanted to show my support for this awesome production. 

I almost never watch chinese dramas because they are just not my taste, but after reading the plot line for AMA I somehow wanted to give it a try. And then I was like “Ladies, you had my curiosity ... but now you have my attention” after I saw Bai Lu and Xu Kai together haha. Their chemistry is so good! Of course I was so happy when I realised that they have another drama together hehe 

GYZ was at times too cocky and impertinent but I still liked his character development in the end. Also handsome actors often look stupid or cringy when trying to act goofy but Xu Kai managed to pull it off imo. I'm very impressed by Bai Lu and her acting skills as a guy. Her body language matched the boys haha. And her character didn't really fall into clichés of the girl becoming brain dead after the guy finds out her secret and/or she falling in love with him.

23 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Okey, "fresh recruit" here haha.

I know the party is kind of over but I still wanted to show my support for this awesome production. 

LOL i think you and I are still awake and partying with AMA  :joy:  :wub:

I am re watching and since i don't have access to the novel on internet in english (that i am aware of ) i have so many questions still .  

In ep 31 when STB tells QMT that he'll cancel their engagement  (WHEN did they become engaged ...how did i miss that episode bahhhhhhh:cold_sweat:? )    

I’m still watching and obsessing over AMA too. I can’t move on. I miss our precious KAILU. I can’t wait for their next project. I hope it’ll be just as good as AMA and TL, despite the latter’s ending. lol I still need to rewatch the entire drama in one go. Can’t wait for break to binge watch it. 

Archived