[Mainland Chinese Drama] ARSENAL MILITARY ACADEMY 烈火军校

DontEatMyKimchi

I have not seen the goodbye episode yet (I can’t wait to get home from work!) but I also don’t mind a slow build up to relationship status. I felt like I didn’t get enough of the cuteness in The Legends. Once they were in a relationship it was like, ok no more cute scenes. It left me so unsatisfied like, I spent 40 episodes of my emotions only for them to cut me off now!?!? So even if it’s just 5 min of cute scenes per episode, At least it’s almost every episode and I am in heaven for those few minutes LOL. 

And plus I really love genuinely good characters who are flawed and grow within a series. I have a feeling both leads will grow in their own way by the end of it. :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XX goes thru pain when her brother died, maybe its the reason why she doesnt realized her feelings for GYZ, XX is living as her brother who always cares and thats how she is in academy, she cares for her friends. i think today GYZ will hug and confess. I wonder what will be her answer., 

3 hours ago, Mauee_A said:

XX goes thru pain when her brother died, maybe its the reason why she doesnt realized her feelings for GYZ, XX is living as her brother who always cares and thats how she is in academy, she cares for her friends. i think today GYZ will hug and confess. I wonder what will be her answer., 

:scream: The confession tonight?!! I don’t think she’s living as her brother though, I think she’s genuinely a caring type of person/girl. I love the song that they played during Romeo and Juliet part and the button scene :) and GYZ needs to confess before SJS, otherwise he will lose his chance with her. Once SJS said I like you to XX, she possibly just gonna be with him because that’s how she would like it initially anyway. Still... it’s interesting to see how it unfold!

56 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

:scream: The confession tonight?!! I don’t think she’s living as her brother though, I think she’s genuinely a caring type of person/girl. I love the song that they played during Romeo and Juliet part and the button scene :) and GYZ needs to confess before SJS, otherwise he will lose his chance with her. Once SJS said I like you to XX, she possibly just gonna be with him because that’s how she would like it initially anyway. Still... it’s interesting to see how it unfold!

youre right XX is also a caring person, i think the hugging moment is tonight or else we will wait till tuesday.. the waiting is real.. 

Lol..epis 31-32 so hilarious..

Spoiler

Such gayness!! GYZ is so in love and a romantic that he forgot XX secret and embarrasses her over and over again infront of their team mates.

This is getting so exciting now that SJS finally knows the truth.  Would love to see some little competition between SJS and GYZ fighting for XX affection but i think in the end, each of them is willing to admit defeat like a real gentleman.

44 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Lol..epis 31-32 so hilarious..

Hide contents

Such gayness!! GYZ is so in love and a romantic that he forgot XX secret and embarrasses her over and over again infront of their team mates.

This is getting so exciting now that SJS finally knows the truth.  Would love to see some little competition between SJS and GYZ fighting for XX affection but i think in the end, each of them is willing to admit defeat like a real gentleman.

YAY! The FUN is catching up indeed! I was giggling like an idiot while watching those 2 episodes!:lol:

Am loving this awesome drama a lot and it really helps me recover from GGS's withdrawal syndronne.:P

XX's crossing dressing and her relationship with GYZ is TOP NOTCH entertainment indeed! :blush:

Oh my~...so glad to know there's actually a thread for this drama :D. Because I am usually into Kdrama forums (since a lot of people are there), that when I watch Cdramas, I don't tend to check if there is actually a thread about it...lol. I see that you @angelangie are always the one starting it :D.

I am still in episode 11 of this, am trying to restrain myself from watching too fast since the non-VIP eps as of now is up only until 24 and I might be left wanting more...hahaha. I agree with some of your sentiments about the OTP screen time. That there's certain episodes where they actually are apart (I actually skimmed through on the raws that's why :P), and at times it's quite frustrating because more scenes are allotted to the minor characters. When I was new to Cdramas, I was initially frustrated about this, but then I learned that this is typical for Cdramas. Heck, there's even some dramas where the OTPs are apart for many episodes.

What's important to me now is the buildup of the relationship between them. Boy, GYZ is really too cute in this, being all jealous but the caring-without-you-knowing-type of guy. He does a lot for XX without her knowing and hope that all of those get recognized at the end by XX herself. GYZ kinda gives that second male lead vibe who always does things for the female lead but never got acknowledged that it tugs, and hurts, and baffles your heart...and that you root for him more. Good thing he's the ML :tounge_xd:.

Has it been explicitly said by XX though that she likes SJS romantically? The feeling I'm getting is, yes, she's too caring about him and treats him warmly compared to GYZ, but that's because he has helped her quite a lot of times, and knowingly at that. One when she had her ankle sprained when she was shoved into a pit, and then when SJS helped about Li Wenzhong when she hit him with a rock. In those times, we know GYZ was the first one who ran and looked for her, though unluckily was knocked out by Manting. And after she hit Wenzhong and was banging the door of their room and yelling GYZ's name, he wasnt there. And some of the things SJS said to her are actually the same as what his dead brother said from the very beginning. So I believe he might be seeing his brother in him. Unless I'm wrong here because like I said I'm still at ep 11, where she perhaps mentioned she likes SJS. And in terms of GYZ, I think it's more of like, she's-already-fallen-for-him-but-doesn't-realize-it case :).

I was actually meaning to start The Legends, and I did, I was at ep 2. But then I saw that the OTP had also this drama. So I decided to just check the first episode if it's to my liking and now I'm hooked...hahaha...didn't expect I would. I might finish this first before going back to The Legends :tounge_xd:.

14 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh my~...so glad to know there's actually a thread for this drama :D. Because I am usually into Kdrama forums (since a lot of people are there), that when I watch Cdramas, I don't tend to check if there is actually a thread about it...lol. I see that you @angelangie are always the one starting it :D.

I am still in episode 11 of this, am trying to restrain myself from watching too fast since the non-VIP eps as of now is up only until 24 and I might be left wanting more...hahaha. I agree with some of your sentiments about the OTP screen time. That there's certain episodes where they actually are apart (I actually skimmed through on the raws that's why :P), and at times it's quite frustrating because more scenes are allotted to the minor characters. When I was new to Cdramas, I was initially frustrated about this, but then I learned that this is typical for Cdramas. Heck, there's even some dramas where the OTPs are apart for many episodes.

What's important to me now is the buildup of the relationship between them. Boy, GYZ is really too cute in this, being all jealous but the caring-without-you-knowing-type of guy. He does a lot for XX without her knowing and hope that all of those get recognized at the end by XX herself. GYZ kinda gives that second male lead vibe who always does things for the female lead but never got acknowledged that it tugs, and hurts, and baffles your heart...and that you root for him more. Good thing he's the ML :tounge_xd:.

Has it been explicitly said by XX though that she likes SJS romantically? The feeling I'm getting is, yes, she's too caring about him and treats him warmly compared to GYZ, but that's because he has helped her quite a lot of times, and knowingly at that. One when she had her ankle sprained when she was shoved into a pit, and then when SJS helped about Li Wenzhong when she hit him with a rock. In those times, we know GYZ was the first one who ran and looked for her, though unluckily was knocked out by Manting. And after she hit Wenzhong and was banging the door of their room and yelling GYZ's name, he wasnt there. And some of the things SJS said to her are actually the same as what his dead brother said from the very beginning. So I believe he might be seeing his brother in him. Unless I'm wrong here because like I said I'm still at ep 11, where she perhaps mentioned she likes SJS. And in terms of GYZ, I think it's more of like, she's-already-fallen-for-him-but-doesn't-realize-it case :).

I was actually meaning to start The Legends, and I did, I was at ep 2. But then I saw that the OTP had also this drama. So I decided to just check the first episode if it's to my liking and now I'm hooked...hahaha...didn't expect I would. I might finish this first before going back to The Legends :tounge_xd:.

you are correct for lot of things, i wish im still at ep 11, waiting for ep 33, and waiting is hard. I love watching The Legends too but if youre near end episode Ep51-56, you will kinda lost because of editing, someone from soompi in The Legends forum edited that part

On 8/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Mauee_A said:

you are correct for lot of things, i wish im still at ep 11, waiting for ep 33, and waiting is hard. I love watching The Legends too but if youre near end episode Ep51-56, you will kinda lost because of editing, someone from soompi in The Legends forum edited that part

Oh, you finished all 32 eps :D. Trying to catch up ^-^.

What do you mean someone edited eps 51-56 in The Legends?..

16 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahaha no im not usually the one who starting it....unless on the day i happen to be off and i happen to go hard browsing digging to see any upcoming or drama in acting lols.....

..he he..well, maybe because from the Prodigy Healer to Love Better Than Immortality and even here, you were the one who started the thread :kiss_wink:...

1 hour ago, LesMitz said:

oh my lord. episode 33 and 34 was sooooooooo good. :love:  I'm eagerly anticipating 35 & 36..... 

Spoiler

So good because of the friendship displayed by all our characters, because of how cute the interaction between GYZ and XX are?

for those points, I agree. But the date and interactions between SJS and XX is getting more and more awkward and uncomfortable for me :/ it likes he has fun, and she isn’t enjoying it? Since the orphanage, somehow I felt their dynamic has changed. Maybe it likes what other poster said SJS is like XX’s brother, she thinks she likes him romantically, but it slowly faded. I just don’t feel she look at him with doe’s eyes any more.

or maybe I feel for GYZ, because I know once he found out they were on dates and stuffs, he just silently let her go T_T atm, it feels like GYZ is gonna lose badly

23 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh, you finished all 32 eps :D. Trying to catch up ^-^.

What do you mean someone edited eps 51-56 in The Legends?..

yes done watching till ep 34,

she rearrange the scene of the Legends that makes sense coz the original one are messed up. 

10 minutes ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Hide contents

XX is now conscious of GYZ feelings, she looked at him when HS said she was keeping the notes for SJS. I wonder how and when she (XX) will realized her feelings for GYZ. I dont think GYZ will give up on her. XX is just being friendly with HS and SJS and she dressed as a girl but weve seen she trusted  GYZ only. I wonder what happened at their dance in Ep 16 because they cut the scene out and the locker room scene. Hope they will still release the footage as part of BTS or as flashback. 

Seems SJS was developing feelings for XX when he thought XX was a guy, and was weirded out by it. Now that he knows she is actually a female, he seems to smiling more and tries to purposely be around XX more. But GYZ is noticing it. GYZ seems territorial about it. Even the classmates around them seems to realize this. But I do get the feeling that she's has started to develop feelings for GYZ that she doesn't realize.

38 minutes ago, whome said:

Seems SJS was developing feelings for XX when he thought XX was a guy, and was weirded out by it. Now that he knows she is actually a female, he seems to smiling more and tries to purposely be around XX more. But GYZ is noticing it. GYZ seems territorial about it. Even the classmates around them seems to realize this. But I do get the feeling that she's has started to develop feelings for GYZ that she doesn't realize.

I agree that she is starting to develope feelings for GYZ bcos everything he did used to annoy the hell out of her but eversince he confessed to her, she doesn't seemed to mind so much of his irritation anymore.

GYZ seemed to be intimidated by SJS as a challenge for XX's affection while SJS is like feeling very confident that he will win XX's heart.  Poor HS also likes XX but he just kept everything in (amongst other things) and just accept the fact that he has no chance with her atall.

tho Im team roommate its hard not to ship XX with SJS, this is my first time im torn between the first and second male lead,  but since i love Li Chen Lan he won my heart okay.. please have more romantic scenes 14 eps left an still no kiss. 

Archived