[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the impression that Yi Do was the friend she mentioned when she did her first walk... so she helped him but after that walk, she got pregnant and had to have a shotgun marriage. That's why SYD mentioned that he had been betrayed 17 years ago. While he helped her to achieve her dream and he thought, she would love him, she had a boyfriend. YD was a little chubby back then therefore he is not focused on exterior beauty. He was charmed by MJH because of her kind, pure and cheerful personality. She helped him as she considered him as his friend. She never judged him for his appearances. While MHJ thinks that HJN is YD's first love (reference to the book, where a man is waiting for a married woman) and he has been waiting for her, she doesn't realize that she was in reality YD's first love and he had been waiting for her. That's why he created all the dresses he never showed to anyone. He had always been his muse.

HJN can never become YD's muse because she is more self-centered and more superficial. 

Go Won Hee Candidly Talks About Plastic Surgery Rumor + Playing 2 Roles In “Perfume”

Jun 24, 2019
by L. Kim

Go Won Hee has reacted coolly to rumors of her plastic surgery.

Regarding the plastic surgery rumor that arose right after the first broadcast of “Perfume,” the actress admitted, “I don’t really know how to respond, but I haven’t paid much attention to it. It’s true. Rather, I was just worried about causing trouble to the drama. I’ll work harder to prevent rumors of plastic surgery and show [my skills] through acting.”

Go Won Hee continued to talk about playing two roles in “Perfume.” Concerning acting as both Min Ye Rin in her twenties and Min Jae Hee in her forties, she said, “I worried a lot while filming the first two episodes. I worried that people would feel a difference, but fortunately, Ha Jae Sook and I both have low-pitched voices, so we don’t see any overlap. It was natural for us to change from Ye Rin to Jae Hee because we wore the same wigs and clothes.”

The actress added, “While referring to the edited video of Ha Jae Sook, I thought, ‘I should do the [voice] tone like this.’ I go back and forth in expressing emotions of [those in their] twenties and forties, but I am neither married nor do I have kids, so I tried to elicit the same emotions as much as possible. I have about a seven-year age gap with my second younger brother and a 12-year age gap with my youngest brother, so I take care of them as a mom does. I pulled emotions from that. I think Kim Jin Kyung, who plays my daughter, resembles my second younger brother, so I was able to immerse in those emotions, which I think is very fortunate for me.”

---------

It's good she was straightforward with the rumours. I think she's a talented actress. She matches with Shin Sung Rok and Ha Jae Suk, blends in with the models and so motherly with Jinkyung. She showcased a huge range of acting skills as Ye Rin. 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have the impression that Yi Do was the friend she mentioned when she did her first walk... so she helped him but after that walk, she got pregnant and had to have a shotgun marriage. That's why SYD mentioned that he had been betrayed 17 years ago. While he helped her to achieve her dream and he thought, she would love him, she had a boyfriend. YD was a little chubby back then therefore he is not focused on exterior beauty. He was charmed by MJH because of her kind, pure and cheerful personality. She helped him as she considered him as his friend. She never judged him for his appearances. While MHJ thinks that HJN is YD's first love (reference to the book, where a man is waiting for a married woman) and he has been waiting for her, she doesn't realize that she was in reality YD's first love and he had been waiting for her. That's why he created all the dresses he never showed to anyone. He had always been his muse.

HJN can never become YD's muse because she is more self-centered and more superficial. 

I like this theory and have similar thoughts. But...I think Seo Yi Do is a unique name so I find it weird if JaeHee does not relate or even question Yi Do was once her friend back then regardless of how he looks now. Unless he used another name when he was young. Or he was merely an acquaintance to her and he liked her single-handedly.

I think Yi Do on a personal level doesnt care about external beauty, but his job requires him to care about it. The clothes he made (as what has been shown) are for model-like bodies and it is not really diverse in size. Maybe he will change later.

9 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I like this theory and have similar thoughts. But...I think Seo Yi Do is a unique name so I find it weird if JaeHee does not relate or even question Yi Do was once her friend back then regardless of how he looks now. Unless he used another name when he was young. Or he was merely an acquaintance to her and he liked her single-handedly.

I think Yi Do on a personal level doesnt care about external beauty, but his job requires him to care about it. The clothes he made (as what has been shown) are for model-like bodies and it is not really diverse in size. Maybe he will change later.

Well, they met before high school as she is the one who rescued him from drowning. Due to this incident, MJH got scared of water. In my opinion, SYD must have had a different name in the past, hence MJH can not make the connection. Besides, his look and his behaviour are totally different from the past. He created the dresses based on MJH's body measures. Notice that she said: It was as if they had been made for her. So he kept her image in his mind, while he created the dresses. 

As for his love-hate for YMS, I suspect that they are both related therefore SYD can not sent him away like that. What caught my attention is his phobia for relatives... so YMS is definitely related to him. Either he is a half-brother or a step-brother...  

OMG. I saw the ending of ep 14 and it made me teary eyed! I hope it's not an illusion. 

@sandjh A lot of international viewers were turned off by the premiere and there were lots of negative reviews for the first episode. I think maybe that's the main contributor to its low popularity. And also there's no big name actors in the cast. Heh

I agree with you..the cast are doing great and I love the main trio; YeRin-YiDo-JaeHee :). I'm actually surprised by how good the model actresses are especially JinKyung and her best friend.

JaeHee is awesome. I like her!

20190624_223354.jpg

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Omo @katakwasabi did he recognise her here???

I don't knowwwww...he seems to recognize her. I hope he does. Most importantly I hope it is not just an illusion. But mannnn...that was a good cliffhanger. Hahahaha. And it was super satisfying seeing Jae Hee not running away and hitting her husband repeatedly. 

Oh my goodnesss!!! @triplem I've seen the preview for ep 15-16. I'm shocked. Omomomo!

Ratings update:

Ep 13 : 4.3%

Ep 14 : 6.1%

Awww...The ratings fell :(

Edit: I saw an article on naver...MBC brodcasted a YG scandal coverage at 10pm, it raked in 4.9% ratings. Not gonna lie...the topic is juicy :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

--------

Ep 13-14 was amazing. Maybe my favourite episode yet. It was so satisfying watching Jaehee not run away. But mostly it was satisfying seeing her wanting to rise up on her own without extraordinary help from others. Yi Do and Min Suk are very different people, and in this episode it was shown what their differences are and how it ultimately affects Jae Hee. And the confession scene..simple, beautiful and uplifting. Yi Do really knows his way around words that can boost ones morale. Though I suggest he try to ease down his jealousy antics since he gets even more bonkers when he's jealous XD.

Also yesss to how Mi Yu's case last week was handled. Though I don't support what she did after, it was a good way for JaeHee to intervene.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'm gonna rewatch this and screencap. Hahaha

On 6/2/2019 at 11:39 PM, katakwasabi said:

D-day!!!!

Gosh I never made a countdown for a drama before. Haha!

First ost by EXID. It will be released today too. Haha. Everything is today :lol: @gm4queen

This part was so funny 

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

OMG. I saw the ending of ep 14 and it made me teary eyed! I hope it's not an illusion. 

@sandjh A lot of international viewers were turned off by the premiere and there were lots of negative reviews for the first episode. I think maybe that's the main contributor to its low popularity. And also there's no big name actors in the cast. Heh

I agree with you..the cast are doing great and I love the main trio; YeRin-YiDo-JaeHee :). I'm actually surprised by how good the model actresses are especially JinKyung and her best friend.

JaeHee is awesome. I like her!

I from the Puerto Rico I started watch yesteday really I being all the 10 episode. Yesterday and the last four on Vicki. I love this series is one of the best because I like the story, the massage, shin rok so I love him I think I really good comic side adnaly not evil character or two face on his part. I wish he get those role mole. He play amazing evil character you love to have him. 

On 6/24/2019 at 3:53 AM, katakwasabi said:

It's good she was straightforward with the rumours. I think she's a talented actress. She matches with Shin Sung Rok and Ha Jae Suk, blends in with the models and so motherly with Jinkyung. She showcased a huge range of acting skills as Ye Rin. 

Totally agree. She has shown great range.  Funny, motherly, cute, sad, quirky, mature... everything.   And all of it in an effortless and natural way. I had never seen any of her dramas, but look forward to seeing more of her in other dramas,   By the way, she looked seriously fabulous in that black dress that Jin Kyung complimented her on.

Who is the person that empties the bottle of perfume?

- HJN out of jealousy because SYD declared that MYR was his soulmate

- the secretary

- even SYD

-  the husband

I have the impression that HJN and the husband are the strongest candidates.  

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/06/perfume-eps-13-14-spoilers-go-won-hee-x.html?m=1

[Perfume] Eps 13 & 14 spoilers, Go Won Hee x Shin Sung Rok x Ha Jae Suk

perfume.png
Article: Naver 'Perfume' Shin Sung Rok to Go Won Hee, "You make me care" confession  meeting Ha Jae Suk 

1. [+206,-4]
Wow, what are they going to do without those comedic scenes? Looks like the comedic scenes are like break times. Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee only have to create a little tension between themselves and it makes my heart explode. Even Ha Jae Suk today too. Shin Sung Rok is so heart fluttering, it's crazy. 

2. [+169,-0]
Wow. ㅜㅜㅜㅜ Isn't today's episode crazy? Why is Shin Sung Rok so good with romcom? ㅠㅠㅠ My heart fluttered so much when he encouraged Go Won Hee. 

3. [+120,-0]
Somehow, it feels like KaTalk Dog was in love with Go Won Hee before she gained weight. It seems like he recognizes her after she becomes overweight again.

4. [+93,-1]
ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Shin Sung Rok is crazy. 

5. [+79,-1]
Wow, it's kind of heart fluttering to see him smile. It's more heart fluttering than him kissing. What's this? 

6. [+60,-1]
I've watched so many romance dramas, but this is the first time my heart beat so much. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What is this? Isn't this a silly romcom??? The tension between them is crazy. 

7. [+54,-0]
I knew Shin Sung Rok's a master of melodramas after watching 'The Last Empress'. But he's a master of romcoms too. He's so heart fluttering. ㅠㅠ What's with those eyes?!! What's with those sweet lines?!! He's attacking my heart. ㅠㅠ  I need 20 weeks to treat my heart now. Please take responsibility. I'm so happy. My heart was attacked, but I like it because it's so heart fluttering. 

8. [+50,-0]
Shin Sung Rok is so heart fluttering today. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ What's with that crazy chemistry with Ha Jae Suk? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Hello fellows.... I am so depressed these days but can't resist this amazing drama series!!! It's so refreshing! :wub: 

Wave to dear @triplem @katakwasabi @bebebisous33 @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 @ktcjdrama & other lovely chingus here!!!!

And I love yesterday's eps!!! It was like nearly a masterpiece eps for me.... I mean the ending scene!!!!! :o :heart: It is so perfect & I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!! This is my top fav scene of all the time!!! Their eye gazes & the bg music literally casts a magic on me!!! And can I know the OST please..???! All the OSTs of this series is so magical & dreamy like a perfume... :)

65125719_2237560113222189_31775723435264

65046054_2237557899889077_61528184500047

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHGLfsOrEPo

By the way, how did Seo E Do appeared out of the blue to hold Min Jae Hee..??! He knew it is his cleaner Min Ye Rin or is it just a coincidence..???! Some how I was betting that when the perfume is over, either she'd die or she'd be immortal but now the story has got another turn here.... :o :wub: I am so excited for today's eps... What would be the bond between Seo E Do & Min Jae Hee..???! Can''t wait find out the truth!!!!

And I never knew that Shin Sung Rok would be this sweet in first lead boyfriend mode!!!! :love: He is utterly charming here!!! So I want him to get out of the second lead villain zone now! I think it's so unfair to cast him as the bad guy all the time!!! Bet he'd get more sweet roles after this series :o :)

And the chingus here are so right! This series deserves much more love from the public!!! Pink%20Heart%20iron%20on%20stickers%20(heat%20transfer).png heart-2547115_960_720.png 580b585b2edbce24c47b29be.png hearts-png-the-heart-heart-clipart-fancy-beautiful-elegant-red-car-top-view.jpg

giphy.gif

Archived