[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hello fellows.... I am so depressed these days but can't resist this amazing drama series!!! It's so refreshing! :wub: 

And I love yesterday's eps!!! It was like nearly a masterpiece eps for me.... I mean the ending scene!!!!! :o :heart: It is so perfect & I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!! This is my top fav scene of all the time!!! Their eye gazes & the bg music literally casts a magic on me!!! And can I know the OST please..???! All the OSTs of this series is so magical & dreamy like a perfume...

By the way, how did Seo E Do appeared out of the blue to hold Min Jae Hee..??! He knew it is his cleaner Min Ye Rin or is it just a coincidence..???! Some how I was betting that when the perfume is over, either she'd die or she'd be immortal but now the story has got another turn here.... :o :wub: I am so excited for today's eps... What would be the bond between Seo E Do & Min Jae Hee..???! Can''t wait find out the truth!!!!

Waves back~ 

Yesterday's episode was so satisying. I liked it a lot. Also the latest ost at the end...so pleasant to hear. 

I assume Yi Do was there because he saw Ye Rin crossing the street and he followed her. Him catching Jae Hee is a coincidence I think. Hehe. 

2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And I never knew that Shin Sung Rok would be this sweet in first lead boyfriend mode!!!! :love: He is utterly charming here!!! So I want him to get out of the second lead villain zone now! I think it's so unfair to cast him as the bad guy all the time!!! Bet he'd get more sweet roles after this series :o :)

And the chingus here are so right! This series deserves much more love from the public!!! Pink%20Heart%20iron%20on%20stickers%20(heat%20transfer).png heart-2547115_960_720.png 580b585b2edbce24c47b29be.png hearts-png-the-heart-heart-clipart-fancy-beautiful-elegant-red-car-top-view.jpg

Heh. Fun info: Shin Sung Rok initially  rejected his role as JaeKyung in You From Another Star. But after a series of events, the role came back to him and he accepted it, that character catapulted his villain status. The reason he rejected it was he wanted a positive role after returning from the army :joy:.

He does sweet well. Seeing him encouraging Jaehee/yerin made me swoon. Yi Do doesn't exist in real life, there's no way a person as sweet as him exist. Hahahaha

I agree that the drama deserves more love~  :heart:

@Lawyerh yes! I'm quite a big fan of the last empress despite all its flaws. It was a fun ride. And SSR killed it as Emperor Hyuk~ I was the one rooting for Hyuk to be a nice humanbeing, it felt bad supporting his mental health after all the bad he did :joy: but SSR is just charming. He made cray2 emperor Hyuk layered and interesting to watch. Thankfully he's nice in Perfume. It's much more easier to root for a nice character. 

Tonight...excited2

screenshot_20190625-113447_youtube.jpg

I would have live capped this show if live streaming was available. Haha

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gm4queen glad you're on board too chingu.  I think the end might be misleading.  I think he might end up thinking it's her mom because of the dress incident at beginning.

Hihi you always fight it in beginning @Lawyerh but you tend  to  come around.  We usually pick same moments too.  The high five was cute.

Hello lovelies....

I guess today's eps are already on air! How the things are going..??! Sad that no one is live recapping the show!! :( Wanna know about the theory of Seo E Do & Min Jae Hee meet each other!!!! By the way, who is his real muse..???! :o Min Jae Hee or Min Ye Rin..?! And i wanna her jerk husband to hit the rock bottom with her success with Seo E Do!! 

This is one of the dramas that you don't need to think so hard but can relax & watch with a light heart!!!! :wub: Can't wait for today's eps!!!

@gm4queen i wish there is live streaming available for KBS, but there isn't. It only works for those living in Korea. I tried installing the kbs app and got nowhere. :sweatingbullets:

I csn't wait for ep15-16 too!! Hehe. 

Spoilers for ep15-16

Spoiler

Jaehee divorces her husband!!!! Yesssss!!!

Yi Do confesses at the press conference

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003180442

35 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

@gm4queen i wish there is live streaming available for KBS, but there isn't. It only works for those living in Korea. I tried installing the kbs app and got nowhere:sweatingbullets:

I csn't wait for ep15-16 too!! Hehe. 

Spoilers for ep15-16

Hide contents

Jaehee divorces her husband!!!! Yesssss!!!

Yi Do confesses at the press conference

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003180442

Really ? Isn't Kbs2 like Angel's Last Mission: Love ?I see a lot of people watching that live too ...I would've watched too if wasn't in the same time with Abyss but I watch Angel's Last Mission there

8 minutes ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

Really ? Isn't Kbs2 like Angel's Last Mission: Love ?I see a lot of people watching that live too ...I would've watched too if wasn't in the same time with Abyss but I watch Angel's Last Mission there

Yes it is the same channel as angel. I haven't found a working live stream for KBS to watch the drama in realtime and do live caps. Kbs does upload clips on youtube, but it will take a while for raw clips and about a week delay for subbed clips :)

Abyss is ending right? Come to the other side and spray some perfume. Ahahaah 

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Yes it is the same channel as angel. I haven't found a working live stream for KBS to watch the drama in realtime and do live caps. Kbs does upload clips on youtube, but it will take a while for raw clips and about a week delay for subbed clips :)

Abyss is ending right? Come to the other side and spray some perfume. Ahahaah 

Check your inbox

Ohh well live recaps are hard(idk how people manage it like 2 devices in the same time? )...Ik ...What you wait for the official video like subbed?It usually takes like 3 h in raw and less than 24h for sub( one week? ??)

Yes I just rewatched the ending of Abyss with sub(since live stream are laggy and my korean isn't that good as well)

I'll consider it ,depending if it's laggy or not( kbs2 is usually not that laggy like TvN but too I talk about Wednesday not monday like Perfume so I will check and see next time):sweat_smile:

hello evereyone

For a while i have been looking to this forum but i wasn’t planing to post anything
When I hearded that Shin Sung Ro have choose  this drama i was  like lord have heard my prayer

I really like the interaction beetween Seo Yi Do and  Min Ye Hee i like the development of the characters

Today 's episode was daebak i can’t find the prosper word to describe how I'm feeling right now

My favorite scene was when Tae-joon said to YI Do Who are you to YE Hee you're not her boyfriend and his facial expression when he ask  were is YE YEE was priceles

and the last one was when 
YI DO recall his conversation with TAE JOON and said in front of the journaslists YI HEE is the woman that i'm in love with   he did not run away like before  girls my heart was melting:wub:

unfortunately it's seem that in the preview YE HEEE will try to run away

Now i can't wait to see YI DO fight for is love  I was shook i din't thought that YE HEE daughter's friend will have try to hurt her i did not have planned this

I love this.

At first, I was wondering how SED is any different from her ex husband with their obsession over the beautiful MYR face. Like, him being drawn to her was how the ex hubby felt drawn to her. But now that it’s revealed that he’s actually in love with MJH, and he recognized her at the shop (her changed looks seeming to not have affected his love for her st all except for falling in love with her suppose doppelgänger after waiting for her all these years...and still struggling to fully waver). So this goes beyond looks and he was in love with MJH all along, still even slightly since MYR is his ‘second mst important person.’

I should have seen the other twist. I was getting a feeling they were siblings, but then all the drama with HJN and the fake relationship with MS, I figured they’re just all old friends. Little did I know it would go much deeper than that.

till now I’m not sure if i should ship MS with HJN or MJH daughter. Sure it would be weird for mother and daughter to become sister in laws lol but I think MS deserves someone better than HJN (and at least she has her hubby to fall back to). When they were in the theater he gave  HJN thechance to pick him and put this all to rest.but she still chose SED.

The episodes from this week have been great and I so love the tension/love between JH and EO. YR/JH are doing a really good job and I think both actresses have great chemistry with their daughter too, JK. The sweet scenes are just so sweet. The one in the clothing storage room where she was with ED learning how to walk. It was just so sweet. So glad with the cast in this drama. So happy with SSR and KJK (one of my fav models) who I've seen their previous works. Love the song choices for scenes too, especially, 'it's a man's world' hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8Mdlh59ZE the lovely scene from ep 13 14, vid doesn't show up for some reason. the direction of this scene just flowed so nicely with the song lyrics like oh mann it was so good

Ratings update!

Ep 15: 5.3%

Ep 16: 6.9%

Yay! The ratings increased slightly~ :)

To be honest..As much as I find Yi Do swoony for being direct with his feelings, I'm also iffy about him declaring Ye Rin is his woman. Did he even consult her first? I can't wait to see her reaction :lol:. But I still love both eps. Especially how the drama treats Jae Hee's character. And also the refreshing take on common drama tropes.

720p-mp4-perfumeepisode7_12.gif

Jae Hee has changed leap and bounds from episode 1. And I loved the scene with JinKyung. Also this..how awesome is it that he recognizes her regardless of how she looks. Awww~

20190626_091138.jpg

I am wondering why MJH doesn't remember her promise to SYD and even his existence. I don't think that she is not able to recognize him because he changed so much (he was chubby, when he met her at high school and he has become handsome now). That's why I was thinking that MJH might have had a traumatic experience which made her forget her promise. Maybe she almost drowned again but much later...

I was right that both were related, half-brothers. Since they have the same mother, SYD is the son from the first marriage. The mother left him behind in order to be with her soulmate. I guess, MS is from her second marriage. What SYD doesn't know is that he resembles his mother a lot in her behavior: the concept of soulmate and waiting for the soulmate, besides her self-centered and weird behavior as well.  

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/06/perfume-eps-15-16-spoilers-shin-sung.html?m=1

[Perfume] Eps 15 & 16 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok x Go Won Hee x Ha Jae Suk

perfume1.png
Article: Naver 'Perfume' "Go Won Hee is my woman. I love her"... Shin Sung Rok who confessed during the press conference 

1. [+417,-11]
Seo Yi Do is my man. I'm overflowing with desire. 

2. [+396,-7]
Why is this so addictive? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's childish, but fun. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This feels like I'm reading a popular internet novel or manhwa. 

3. [+258,-10]
This is so fun. ㅋㅋㅋ Thank you for creating such a drama.

4. [+170,-8]
The tetris dance was daebak. ^^ Seo Yi Do is a boy overflowing with desire!!! 

5. [+157,-7]
This is kind of addictive. ㅋㅋ

6. [+109,-3]
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is really interesting. There are refreshing parts in between too, and KaTalk Dog's acting is really good... I wasn't really looking forward to Go Won Hee's acting, but she's really good too.. 

7. [+83,-3]
Crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I became a fan of Shin Sung Rok after watching this... He's so cool.. 

8. [+79,-1]
In the end, he became like his mother. He couldn't forget his first love too. 

9. [+79,-4]
'Perfume' is insane today. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why is Seo Yi Do so cool? ㅠㅠㅠ This should be Shin Sung Rok's life character. 

10. [+69,-1]
Shin Sung Rok recognized the overweight Go Won Hee. But it looks like he's still in love with her. Even if she runs out of perfume and goes back to being overweight, it'll still be a happy ending, she can be Shin Sung Rok's woman. 

perfume2.png
Article: Naver 'Perfume' Shin Sung Rok, "Go Won Hee is my woman" ... a shocking press conference 

1. [+120,-2]
I hope actresses like Go Won Hee appears more than female idols. Her acting is really good!! 

2. [+80,-0]
Shin Sung Rok is so heart fluttering. He's cool. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+74,-1]
The kind of love that makes him wait till her husband dies, the kind of love that makes him recognize her at one glance no matter how much she has changed. Who else would be able to have that kind of love other than Seo Yi Do? Love you, Seo Yi Do. I really like Shin Sung Rok. ㅠㅠ Other than Shin Sung Rok, no one else can be Seo Yi Do. ㅠㅠ

4. [+50,-0]
Shin Sung Rok is at the press conference, but why does his voice sound so good? ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

5. [+36,-0]
Seo Yi Do is the male lead of my life. 

6. [+30,-0]
This makes me fall for Seo Yi Do. ㅠㅠ

7. [+30,-1]
Ha Jae Suk's face is cute. 

8. [+21,-0]
To be honest, this is childish, but it's not really lighthearted, it's just really interesting. ㅠㅠㅠ There's no way to predict the storyline. ㅋㅋㅋ The directing, music, acting, they are all good. I really like dramas with manhwa-like atmospheres like this. 

9. [+20,-1]
The lead characters are really unique. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seo Yi Do is the purest guy in history. He didn't meet his first love for almost 30 years, but when he fell in love again, he falls for the same woman. ㅋㅋㅋ The female lead looks like she's in her 20s, but has 40 years of experience. 

10. [+16,-0]
I laughed so hard because that dance is similar to the tetris dance. ㅋㅋ 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am wondering why MJH doesn't remember her promise to SYD and even his existence. I don't think that she is not able to recognize him because he changed so much (he was chubby, when he met her at high school and he has become handsome now). That's why I was thinking that MJH might have had a traumatic experience which made her forget her promise. Maybe she almost drowned again but much later...

I was right that both were related, half-brothers. Since they have the same mother, SYD is the son from the first marriage. The mother left him behind in order to be with her soulmate. I guess, MS is from her second marriage. What SYD doesn't know is that he resembles his mother a lot in her behavior: the concept of soulmate and waiting for the soulmate, besides her self-centered and weird behavior as well.  

I find it quite believable Jae Hee doesn't recognize Yi Do. I don't think I can recall my primary school friends that I lost contact for years. But I also think Yi Do is a unique name and quite easy to remember. So maybe she does have another trauma. In the pool photoshoot it seems that she felt someone was pulling her. Could be she tried to save him but ended up needing to be saved too (quite common for drowning cases).

Heh. I expected them to be relatives from the moment he said he hates relatives most. I didn't expect to see mum in this episode. She is eccentric just like Yi Do. They share the same traits, but I think Yi Do cut contact with his mum.

I wonder how Jaehee is gonna get out of this mess. She is in too deep as Yerin. I guess Yerin will have to retire entertainment/modelling business and she'll reappear as Jaehee.

I think YD is going to make the connection here sometime. The fact that he could recognize her when she had changed so much says a lot. In the beginning YD was so upset with YR was because she looked like JH, but wasn't "His" JH, because the age didn't match. Logically it couldn't be YR at all due to science...and frankly it kind of creeped him out...which is why he had such a strong reaction to her. So I don't think it will be too long till her makes the connection, particularly since he has now met the real JH. Also, I think that YD as eccentric that he is, when he finds out, he is going to go with it in the end and everyone is going to be super confused and conflicted. And in the end he'll be like "Why is it any of your business who I am with? get lost!" and just be happy with her.

But they do make a good pair. She mellows him out and softens how harsh he is, and he pushes her to stand up and fight to reach her goals. They truly bring out the best in each other. 

Who else thinks that there is going to be something with the charm she bought at the shooting star watching event? I noticed that it had glowed when she made a wish...I am thinking that there is something else magical that will happen later on. Will it be related to her wish?

The song during this scene is sad huhu

Don’t make that kind of face

Don’t look into my eyes

Please stop trying

Because the memories you gave to me are enough

I’ll tell you, let me say it

Since I was the one who started this love

It was a movie, starring us

The last goodbye in this movie is coming

No matter how hard we try to rewind

The end will be the same

So if it’s something that has to be said some day

I’ll say it

I’m letting you go with a smile from behind

Some day, you’ll know my heart

It was a movie, starring us

The last goodbye in this movie is coming

No matter how hard we try to rewind

The end will be the same

After I met you, from the very beginning

It felt like going on a faraway trip

Every day, my heart fluttered

Every day, I was happy

So don’t feel sorry and hang on to me any longer

In reality, it might be different from the movies

We might have a good breakup

Even if we become strangers, let’s not resent each other

I’ll say it

-----

Now I kinda see why some kviewers expect a sad ending. 

I love this drama.

Yi Do met Jae Hee when little, then he move to seoul. When Yi Do not around I guess Jae Hee have and accident that make her afraid of water and can't swim. When Yi Do back, Jae Hee can't recognize him. But, Yi Do said Ja Hee can't recognize him three time. I only recall two. first, when Jae Hee in high school. second, the last meeting after Jae Hee hit her ex husband. what about the third time?

Archived