Quantcast

Finally I had time to catch up on ep.13-16... 

It’s getting interesting and I love the latest developments! I had guessed that Edo and Min Suk are brothers but the reveal of their mother was done well and creative. 

The history between Edo and JaeHee was also revealed in an interesting way. I am so pleased that Edo was able to recognize JH and made me wonder when were the other two occasions that JH ignored him. 

Now I really want them to have a second chance, so I wonder how writer-nim will develop the story, especially with the perfume getting lesser because of that crazy fan of MinSuk. 

• Like 5

A nice beanie (fanwho) on dramabeans translated a couple of Perfume articles.

Here's the link: http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/open-thread-610/#comment-3481513

~even though we already know most of K-celebs have plastic surgery there must be some people who just can't stop talking about it. Go Won-hee who plays model Min Ye-rin in the drama Perfume was picked on that, and she mentioned her position in the mid-point press conference for the show. [OSEN, 2019.06.24] Perfume is a fantasy romance drama where genius designer Seo E-Do and fashion model Min Ye-rin meet and fall in love while living a lifeless life. The show made the top spot with a rating of 5.0% (ep1) and 6.4% (ep2) with first broadcasts in Mon-Tuesday dramas, and didn't miss the top spot until recently- Ratings of MBC's Investigation Couple went up steadily and reached to 7.7%.

About what the viewers can expect in the later eps, Sin Sung-rok mentioned, "If you think the show revealed how characters became entangled so far, there will be heartfelt romance and a feeling of emotion getting deeper in the second half. I hope the viewers looking forward since it will have explanation of the parts that I have behaved weirdly, and the unique portrayal of Seo E-ho's behavior toward love."

Go Won-hee said, "New characters are expected to appear. Each person's feelings become honest, and in the case of Min-Ye-rin, there will be dangerous walking on tightrope, since she is the person who lives with secrets. I assume that part will add to the fun."

Shin showed his actor power by succeeding successively of the four works in which he played the lead role including Perfume. Shin, who returned to 'Perfume' following 'Man to Die', 'Return', and 'Empress Dignity', leads the show as the genius designer Seo E-do. "I am having a new experience of how far I can show myself, which I did not know well before. I think that my image looks different because of the color or situation of project is different. Basically, when choosing works, I am worried that I should do something new. I'm grateful that people watch me favorably."

Go Won-hee plays the fashion model Min Ye-rin while showing the emotions of the housewife Min Jae-hee (Ha Jae-sook) inside. There is a burden to portray persuasive change of emotions because it is Min Jae-hee ajumma inside, but Ye-rin in 20's outside. "I was worried a lot that my acting and Ha-jae-sook's acting would connect well when Min Jae-hee changed to Min Ye-rin. I was worried about the part whether there might be a sense of disparity, but fortunately, her voice and my voice tone are bass, so we look more in line. It seemed natural in transformation, maybe because we wear same wig and dressed in the same way. In the early stage, I went to the editing room to watch the performance of Ha Jae-sook, and tried to catch her acting tone and play it accordingly. Because I did not marry and have childbirth, I remembered taking care of my siblings on behalf of my working parents, and drew out similar emotions. The good thing is that Kim Jin-kyung in the show is very much like my second dongsaeng. I think it's very fortunate."

In addition to the emotional changes playing Min Ye-rin in 20s and Min Jae-hee in 40s, Go Won-hee is not afraid of ruining her image for laughter. "There is no burden or fear in ruining my image. I only think that I should work hard and try hard thinking this is character and acting. When I played the messed up character, there was time PD-nim said, "You are an actress who uses your face well". So I try to express without trying to save myself... I try to immerse in the character regardless of type of the character I meet. I believe if I act another character, I will look like another character. I just do my best now."

Go Won-hee collected the buzz early on. She was caught in the plastic surgery rumor. Go calmly answered questions that are somewhat sensitive and sensitive. "I do not know what to say, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Actually it is true. I was worried if it would cause trouble for the drama. I will repay with acting to avoid such comments." At the time of the production press conference of Perfume, Go Won-hee was noticed with her changed appearance. Unfortunately the suspicion of her plastic surgery garnered more attention than the show at the time of the first broadcast. It was argued that the face of Go Won-hee was changed, especially her eyes, and the plastic surgery rumor prevailed. Go Won-hee's name was on top of real-time search-word query on portal sites, but she and her agency did not disclose her position at that time.

(Fortunately netizens have responded that it is better than denying, saying "That is cool" about her admitting. It is also thanks to Go Won-hee's acting- steadily digesting her character skillfully. As she admits the fact that plastic surgery rumor is not big deal for her, there are responses that they should focus on acting rather than appearance.)

Perfume, which is at a turning point, will continue with love triangle by Shin Sung-rok and Kim Min-Kyu for Min/Go Won-hee. Go said, "My bickering acting with Kim Min-kyu is really good. It is relationship like aunt taking care of a child now, but if we make progress a little more, I think good chemistry will come out. For Shin Sung-rok, since I have watched, listened and felt so much while living in the same house with him, our chemistry has shown already, but I wonder if we will show even more exploding chemistry with this plot development."

Shin Sung-rok said that he would not miss the comical part while there are more serious scenes in the latter half. "Those who want the romance expect the romance to progress fast. I think that the color of the drama is irrationality and laughter which can come out anytime. What I can say is that we will give you a laugh until the end." Shin added, "The direction the drama should go we think is that we never lose comedy even in serious emotions and situations. Our aim is to catch two rabbits."

Go Won-hee said, "If you look appearance, it is the story of an obese woman who lost self-confidence to go back to the time when she was skinny. Because she changes to herself in the past, it seems not to be focused on such(become beautiful by artificial means) side. I think drama will unfold for her to realize and understand herself a little bit more."

Finally, Shin Sung-rok stated the expectation point. "We plan to reclaim the hint the viewers wonder about. It will not flow in a highly anticipated direction. It would be more fun to check the broadcast."

-----

Thank you fanwho for translating :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The history between Edo and JaeHee was also revealed in an interesting way. I am so pleased that Edo was able to recognize JH and made me wonder when were the other two occasions that JH ignored him. 

The other one is on flashback, when JH in highschool and Edo in middle school(?). JH was playing with ball, the ball come to Edo and JH asked which middle schooler is he. I don't remember the other one.

• Like 4

Another article translated by fanwho on Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/open-thread-610/#comment-3481513

Here is what others said in the production press conference done before the first broadcast. [OSEN, 2019.06.03] Perfume is meaningful project for lead actors- Sin Sung-rok and Go Won-hee's first lead role, Cha Ye-ryun's return project after having a baby, and Ha Jae-sook's special effect makeup. Especially since it is a drama dealing with fashion world, fabulous costume and fashion shows are another point of watching.

PD Kim Sang-hui introduced "Perfume" as the story of a woman and a man. "It's a romantic comedy that a woman who devotes her life to protect her family, and a man who doesn't have the courage to confess his love, meet miraculously and develop new relationship. It would be nice if people could enjoy feeling at ease, without thinking it is complicated."

Kim pursued the perfection for the drama by getting cooperation from the top modeling agency as well as designer Ji Chun-hee. "We cooperated with top designers and model agencies for 2-3 months. We are going to show a fashion show that is more progressed than ones shown in the previous dramas. Just watching the fashion of Seo E-do will be worth watching."(yeah I also saw in fan wall posts lol)

PD Kim mentioned about the difficult casting process. "Casting isn't something I can do because I want to. It was the hardest because topic was both sensitive and comical. Sung Sung-rok said that he had time after finishing his previous project, so I made the casting proposal to him first. As for Go Won-hee ssi, I came across to watch "The Strongest Deliveryman", and found she had a talent for comedy. I cast her because it is a role that comedy is the base. We have situation Shin Sung-rok and Go Won-hee leading the drama together, and we are doing well having fun."

Cha Ye-ryun, Ha Jae-sook and Kim Min-kyu were also the actors who accompanied PD Kim. "Ha Jae-sook's casting for Min Jae-hee role was not easy. She had to be somewhat aged, had a good acting ability, and had to be able to have an intensive make-up, so it was difficult role, but she accepted happily. I think the show has a fresh card and a fresh combination."

Cha Ye-ryun picked the show as her return project after four years. "I got married, gave birth and currently raising the child. My child is 10 months old. I had a lot of worry when this role was offered if I was ready to return to work. But my husband(Joo Sang-wook) was assuring helper. He always cheer me on, and told me that he wanted me to return to work as soon as possible. I started shooting after I got his promise that he would take care of our child. He is secure fence protecting me by my side. I am filming feeling comfortable and having fun".

Shin Sung-rok plays Seo E-do, a genius designer who is also suffering from 52 phobia and 35 allergies. "I thought now I had a chance to show a romantic comedy. Because I enjoyed reading the script a lot, I dare to say I have confidence that people will like it too. I have many long lines, and there are many scenes I look like doing rap. I'm filming, thinking they fit me so well." He continued, "There is no time the set atmosphere feels down. I am a mood maker. I go around talking a lot and make people cheery." Cha Ye-ryun confirmed. "Shin has a lot of screen time in the drama and has a lot of work. He is really an important person in the field and plays many roles."

Cha expressed her faith in Shin Sung-rok. "The point of watching is the performance of Seo E-do. The set is very fun because he shows unimaginable acting when I act with him. Thanks to him, much more interesting pictures come out than the script. I believe in Shin Sung-rok." Kim Min-kyu who plays Yoon Min-suk, an idol-turned hallyu actor said that he actually laughed, not acting. "I saw Shin Sung-Rok giving a comic performance for the first time. That scene still imprinted in my head. It is so funny that I want to do the impersonation. I hope people look at it at least once."

Ha Jae-sook's Min Jae-hee role has many duties as PD Kim confessed she was the most difficult role in casting. She has to have good acting skills, and the special make-up makes acting even harder. "I think I just have to start work earlier than others and leave work later than others. I think to myself I should do convincingly since I am doing it. I'm making my best efforts, so I hope people look at me approvingly."

-----

Thank you fanwho for translating :heart:

The interviews give me hope for an awesome drama. Ahaha

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

@katakwasabi My favourite scene from eps 16 was this one ..I cried.  He had withheld  his feelings for YeRin because he felt like he was betraying Jae Hee, or at least the memory of her. And finally in this scene he could let go of her ( JH) . The ending confession was great - melodramatic as it was but hey , this is the eccentric Seo Yi Do - can't expect anything less especially when we have been introduced to his equally wacko mum :lol:. I think what makes me happy is that Yi Do would love her even if she does not look like Ye Rin anymore . It would really be quite ground breaking if they go that route. 

W5s3ePZ.png

Another scene I loved that moved me was the part where Jae Hee feeling self conscious asked her daughter to walk to the restaurant first. But I love how her daughter reacted refusing to do so and telling mum later on to go fulfill her dreams. Honestly it's scenes like these that give the story a lot of heart and help you feel invested

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

@katakwasabi My favourite scene from eps 16 was this one ..I cried.  He had withheld  his feelings for YeRin because he felt like he was betraying Jae Hee, or at least the memory of her. And finally in this scene he could let go of her ( JH) . The ending confession was great - melodramatic as it was but hey , this is the eccentric Seo Yi Do - can't expect anything less especially when we have been introduced to his equally wacko mum :lol:. I think what makes me happy is that Yi Do would love her even if she does not look like Ye Rin anymore . It would really be quite ground breaking if they go that route. 

Another scene I loved that moved me was the part where Jae Hee feeling self conscious asked her daughter to walk to the restaurant first. But I love how her daughter reacted refusing to do so and telling mum later on to go fulfill her dreams. Honestly it's scenes like these that give the story a lot of heart and helps you feel invested

Yes2! Those were my favourites too! It was so touching to see he recognizes her no matter what and Jinkyung boosting Jaehee's morale. The show is funny but its quiet scenes like these that grounds it and makes it so satisfying to watch. I like both Ye Rin and Jae Hee, they are the same person in different bodies (kudos to GWH and HJs for their awesome acting) and I actually don't mind either of them being end game, though I hope it will end with a happier Jae Hee, it will be quite ground breaking if it goes that route.

I rewatched the confession. I think narratively it made sense for several reasons. Yi Do was timid when he was young and never approached the noona he likes, he didn't want to loose the opportunity now. Minsuk basically told him not to use Yerin as his housekeeper as an excuse, and that's what he exactly did during the press conference. And of course there's his mum's narration about love and what drives it. Yi Do and his mum is so similar. Hehe

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ok, WHAT A KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (live stream)!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! Sorry for my intrusion!!!:love:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Kim Min Kyu Leans On Go Won Hee At The Emergency Room In “Perfume”

by J. K
0dbbf4ec73444063b9c9435b1c7ea0ea.jpeg?s=

In new stills from the drama “Perfume,” Kim Min Kyu’s character Yoon Min Seok surprises Go Won Hee’s character Min Ye Rin!

Spoiler

The latest episodes of the drama have shown Min Ye Rin caught in a love triangle with Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok) and Yoon Min Seok. Although Yoon Min Seok first tried to charm Min Ye Rin to upset Seo Yi Do, he’s since found himself having real feelings for her. In the most recent episode, Min Ye Rin learned the surprising truth that Seo Yi Do and Yoon Min Seok are actually half-brothers.

Ahead of the July 1 episode of the KBS 2TV drama, stills were released of the characters Yoon Min Seok and Min Ye Rin at the emergency room.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1335862wpp/kim-min-kyu-leans-on-go-won-hee-at-the-emergency-room-in-perfume
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

Ok, WHAT A KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (live stream)!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT!!! Sorry for my intrusion!!!:love:

ahahah...got me excited that I went to check IG...I liked that he asked her if they should..so sweet

one long deep kiss !!!

But her voice over got me nervous. She still has a lot of self doubt if this would work. If they would be ok. Need subs 

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Softly banging my head over ep 18 ending. Hahaha..why oh why. I only watched bits and pieces. Did not watch the full ep yet. But still..come onnnn. :joy:

Preview for ep 19-20

@triplem its good that he asked first. And him asking first is consistent with his character ahahaha. Kudos writernim!!

720p-mp4-perfumeepisode2-1_4.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Ratings update

Ep 17: 4%

Ep 18: 5%

Ottokkeee? Hopefully ep 19-20 will garner more audience. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@katakwasabi last night’s eps was a like a roller coaster . Can barely rejoice over the kiss , cause YeRin feels bad & I don’t blame her . Then she takes on the blame on herself to save both brothers face & career . I hated seeing them apart , so I was glad he developed a new allergy :D - at least she came out of hiding & I was so happy they were back to their bickering “non-couple” relationship. But I got annoyed again that Min Suk decides to invade their living arrangements.  Lol! The episode was playing with my emotions . 

But I do hope that they can move the plot a bit more . This whole living arrangement with her still under disguise & the love triangle with MS is getting a tad draggy ; new developments are needed so as not to lose audience’s interest. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

Hello everyone...

Just watched yesterday's eps & yes, I love the kiss of Seo E Do & Min Ye Rin!! :wub: So Seo E Do is his mom's ex-husband's son! May be that's why he's following a different career as a fashion designer.. And I really can't prejudice what would be there for him as he's in love with a noona, not a dongseng... But I think he'd totally accept her as his love but can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out that she's the same first love from the past!!!! :o

The story is really interesting & beautiful but the two brothers are so out of line here :D It's really blah blah blah to see two grown men fights over a lady :lol: I don't care for Min Suk! I only want Seo E Do & Min Ye Rin to be together at the end!! And oh god, this is so strange... Seo E Do is having one allergy per a break down! NO NO NO!!! I can't see him in pain.. He's already suffered a lot because of his party mom! :( He needs Min Ye Rin by his side... 

And the mystery man who offered Min Ye Rin the magic perfume is back on today's eps... I want her to be immortal in her youth so that she can be there with Seo E Do forever!!! :heart: And I am so happy that I started watching this drama!!! Not a single boring moment & Shin Sung Rok totally rocks!!! Can't wait for the next eps....

Thanks lot for tagging me, dear @katakwasabi chingu... You know I like that OST so much!! :love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Wanna have a perfect MP3 version as well!!! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

@triplem when I watched the allergy part raw, I thought he purposely ate it and was like: if he ate that on purpose, I will have issues! Where is his epipen! Tsk2. Then I watched with subs...Luckily it was a new allergy and they showed how particular Yi Do is in managing his allergy at the restaurant he goes. Good save drama. Heh. I even googled is it possible to have selective shellfish allergy, and can stress really cause allergies to occur. Haha

Minsuk is turning to be a comic character. And boy was I annoyed when he showed up unannounced at Yi Do's house and I'm also kinda annoyed at Ye Rin for opening the doors for him. If Yi Do knew he was at the door I doubt he will open it. Hahaha. And what is wrong with the security at Yi Do's apartment. The lax of security is worrying. Reporters can barge right in front of his doorstep :joy:

@gm4queen I don't care about MinSuk too. Lol. The bros are way out of line when it comes to Yerin. Tsk3.

Anyways...I didn't expect Jaehee's husband to spiral. He seems to be loosing his mind. Looks like JaeHee's words came true.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

:DThe kiss is hot and Very long but i have one question.  Will the male lead eventualy kiss the fate ( big) actress?? It will be interesting.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/07/perfume-eps-17-18-spoilers-shin-sung.html?m=1

[Perfume] Eps 17 & 18 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok ♥ Go Won Hee

Article: Naver 'Perfume' Shin Sung Rok  Go Won Hee, a kiss that makes one dizzy... Kim Min Gyu declares, "I'll live with the two" 

1. [+114,-3]
A drama that turns you into a Shin Sung Rok fan. Shin Sung Rok is no longer KaTalk dog. His charisma is exploding in the drama. 

2. [+122,-4]
This drama is stimulating. Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee have great chemistry. The drama feels kind of like a drug. It makes you unable to get to your senses after watching it.

3. [+45,-4]
It's sweet. It's so sweet~~

4. [+38,-1]
Stop bickering. It makes my heart flutter more. ㅠㅠ

5. [+34,-4]
It's been a while since time just flew by watching a drama. 

6. [+22,-2]
Shin Sung Rok has this mysterious vibe. Something about him is handsome... and charismatic. ㅠㅠ Everyone, please watch 'Perfume'. 

7. [+18,-2]
Shin Sung Rok is so cool when he smiles.. Hul.. It makes me go, "What's this?" ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+15,-0]
Shin Sung Rok's charisma is amazing and he's so cool. I've fallen for him. 

9. [+14,-1]
Shin Sung Rok is cool~~~ Those mysterious charms~~ Tsundere. 

10. [+13,-2]
This drama is really interesting. ♡ It's probably becauuse the actors are doing their roles so well. Especially Shin Sung Rok-nim. 
  • Like 4
  • Love 2