[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

6 hours ago, larus said:

Great start. Very promising. I just knew it won`t dissapoint.  I think this drama will be my favorite among the series I am watching right now. 

I can`t wait to see more.

Kdrama fashion

Reveal hidden contents

I've noticed that they wear a lot of clothes and accessoires from jESTINA.. its probably a sponsor of the show..

I loved the second episode.. i really love the aesthetics of the show the filters they use and the places they choose to shoot..

I dont get Gayeongs character just yet.. because she probably married the guy to climb up the ladder, so now she has to obey everything the chairwoman of KU says... 

It seems at some point she is irritated by this, but she still chooses to stay in this situation..

and the fact that she was so triggerd by the post BTM made on the site right before she leaves says a lot about her integrity 

I'm curious to see how Scarlet and BTM will bond throughout this show.. the dialogues were very interesting but way too quick, i had to pause the video a few times to read what they were saying..

i already love the romance, the guy is soo hot like omg:wub: and the way he flirts and goes after BTM just does a lot to me.. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dramabeans first episode recap is out http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/search-query-www-episode-1/

I'll just attach Lollypip's thoughts below & highlight the parts I like:

COMMENTS

Oh, I love this. Mo-gun is adorable, and very insightful, and I just love how he throws the oh-so-poised Ta-mi right off her game merely by existing in her general vicinity. I’ve been dying to recap a show with Jang Ki-yong again ever since he caught my attention in My Ajusshi… the way he made a horrific character somehow relatable and even sympathetic was nothing short of masterful. So I’m very excited to be covering this show, especially since it’s such a different character. So far, I’m enjoying the show much more than I even expected, and it’s all due to the characters.

I think I fell head-over-heels for Ta-mi when she flayed the new hire, Bong-ki, with the comment about his sexuality — it said so much about her. She’s cold, but she’s brutally honest, and she pulls no punches even when her comments might be hurtful. That’s not the greatest quality and won’t make her many friends, but it’s admirable to be so unafraid of what people think of her, especially in the workplace. I love that she fights for doing the right thing within her company, and that she feels badly for what she did in the hearing, because it shows that she does have a conscience. She also has a softer side which she showed to Mo-gun, and it’s that side that I’m excited to see more of.

Mo-gun is also a pretty amazing character so far — it was great how he sized up Ta-mi so quickly just based on how she wins and loses a video game. As an avid gamer myself (seriously, if I’m not recapping, I’m gaming), it’s really true that you can learn a lot about a person based on how they win or lose, and it’s significant that Mo-gun noticed that Ta-mi only connects with people she’s lost to, as if they’ve gained her respect then. I find Mo-gun’s profession fascinating, and I can’t wait to learn more about what he does. In fact, one of the best aspects of the show is how the characters’ professions aren’t just a gimmick to push them together or background noise for the love story. Ta-mi and Mo-gun seem to be very personally entwined with their careers, which lends their characters a lot of depth and interest. I look forward to learning more about what they do, because it will tell us a lot about who they are.

I feel like I’ve gotten the bait-and-switch a lot lately with shows that were supposed to be light and breezy, but ended up much more serious… and that’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s not always a good thing, either. Even though Search Query: WWW seems to be going that same way, with this first episode much darker than the promos indicated, I’m not mad about it. If I had to choose one word to describe this show on first impressions, it would be “lovely.” The cinematography is gorgeous, with soft filters and beautiful lighting, and every detail seems lovingly chosen to set the perfect mood for each scene. When Mo-gun was playing the music for Ta-mi, I was moved by the fact that literally everything in the scene was soft and warm, from the lighting to the rain outside, to their dialogue and even their voices as they spoke to each other. Only thirty minutes into the show, and I could already sense how their romance will feel as it progresses. The only thing I’m still unsure about is how exactly keyword manipulation works and why a search engine would do it, but honestly, I don’t even care — I’ already willing to follow wherever this drama leads.

@Ramenqueen19 They were at a hotel. I think Morgan turns his place into his workplace because he's broke. In ep2 you can see a bed in the back when he walks away from his work mate.

@evok I agree the search engine manipulation incident is definitely not new. Before Burning Sun there have been accusation on SNS of manipulation of the ranking involving an entertainment agency. Similarly the politicians/powerfuls in dramas also talk about swaying people's attention away from them by releasing Celebs' scandals as cover up. With the large scale of corruption in SK, there had to be a bit of truth in the drama.

@ellelyana88 LOL at your last comment. tvN has slowed the one night stand down for us. I think it's brillantly filmed/edited. It's smart because it gives us more room for imaginations and still PG-rated. :D 

@nat_phoenix88 Oh no!! I want to see a rematch of Tekken later :P but maybe in the vicinity of their home so they can play side by side, kiss and make-up/out B)

----

Other than all the progress of the story, character development and of course romance, I'm also hoping to see some girl bonding between Ta Mi and Cha Hyun. At the moment Cha Hyun misunderstood Ta Mi as being the one who fabricated the search words, but when she finds out it was Ga Gyung she'll surely soften up and I look forward to them becoming comrades & friends. I was at first curious about Ga Gyung but after reading her character description (with the help of translation app), I found it disappointedly typical now. :neutral:

For romance, I like that Morgan starts off with Ta Mi on equal grounds. Even though he's younger, but he's mature and confident (I think) thus if in a relationship with Ta Mi, there won't be an inferiority complex, and they may actually inspire/support each other.

Today I checked ıf people liked this drama or not...yeah 90% i-viewers liked it..Even loved it so much..There is again few of them who are saying I started on this drama for my oppa but it is a female drama so I will pass...(why they show my oppa less!) 

<_< bye...

Another reason for me liking this drama: IT IS WOMAN BASED DRAMA!! I really bored by all that oppa fans who act like dramas are for their hot oppas and female characters are there for supporting them!! They like them ıf they find chemistry with their oppas, ıf they are acting bad to their male lead than they be the biatchh..:blink:

Actually in most k-drama center character is the female lead. That is why you see more female lead scenes, their life details..it mostly about them finding love. In this, it is more powerful. I liked male lead he is so attractive but I am glad in this drama most of the talks going around female leads and their strong characters. This is what we need. ıf some people dont want to watch it coz they cant cheer-up for their oppas enough, there is many drama out there..they can choose another one with cliche storylines.

30 minutes ago, evok said:

Another reason for me liking this drama: IT IS WOMAN BASED DRAMA!

Me too. I love that it is the woman centric drama. I really like the romance part between Bae Ta-Mi and Morgan but I am glad it is not the front center storyline.

There was a deep relationship between Ta mi and Ka-Kyung but now they are apart now. They are estranged and Ta Mi is sad because of that.  I could felt Ta Mi`s broken heart when Ga Kyung gave her the resignation later. We`ll see if their relationship will became better. I think Ga Kyung is regretting too but she compromised so much for her new family that she can`t get out. Now she is willing to lose a friend.

In the other hand, I like that it is starting a new relationship between Ta Mi and Cha Hyun.

I searched to see again, who is the writer. A newbie. I really like the dialogue in this drama.

One of my favorite scene it was when TaMi said that her first task as a team leader is to convince Cha Hyun to work together. After Cha Hyun told to her that she looked like a weasel who cleverly evaded the prosecution, Ta mi said that maybe she sounded like a weasel but that she was shouting in despair, she did everything she could to not lie.

I also liked the scene where CEO of Barro tried to scout Ta Mi, to try to convince that she should work at Baro with a higher salary and other oportunities but she refused.  She dedicated her life working at Unicon, it was like her family.

I like that Ta Mi has to work for the competition now. It is a new challenge and I can`t wait how she will adapt there. I also liked how she announced her former team at Unicon that she is working for the competition and that they should do a hard work to beat her .

@larus yeah dialogues are amazing. They are so clever. I also liked Tae Mi's last message for Unicon. "The code of ethics for web portal."

It was all about being honest and having work ethics..and she finished it with saying this rules written 8 years ago by me and director Ga Kyung. Maybe the other company workers couldn't understand what does it mean or why she shared it online but Ga Kyung got it..it was a shade just for her. Tae Mi dissed GK and left the building as a diva.. B)

i also really liked that it is women based drama.. i love to see female empowerment..

lately(not just lately, but i recently have been researching about this topic more) in society i have noticed that females love to see each other as a competitor, they also feel like they have to compromise their morals and values in order for everyone to like them..

They are being influenced by ppl that aren't the best influence to begin with.. which leaves me thinking how the world will be in 10 years time.. 

i loved that BTM stayed true to her morals and values and that she isn't afraid to show her weaker side..

i feel like (based on the first 2 episodes) that she is a woman a lot of younger women who are battling with integrity issues and finding their value in the world, can learn from.. 

edit: i feel like gakyung thought that by playing dirty is the only way to become someone in society, BTM is showing that staying true to your self will open a whole new world of experience and freedom..

I cant wait to see more of scarlets background story

Im Soo Jung Receives Praise For Her Acting In “Search: WWW” And Exudes Professionalism Behind-The-Scenes

by S. Cho
aeadbccdc7cc4d888ddc6a8284dbedcc.jpeg?s=

Im Soo Jung has returned with a different image in tvN’s “Search: WWW.”

In the drama’s recent premiere on June 5, Im Soo Jung appeared as Bae Ta Mi, the charismatic manager of a portal site. She makes every scene exciting with her drive for a successful career and the love she has for her job, along with her heart-fluttering romance with Park Mo Gun (played by Jang Ki Yong).  Viewers have been excitedly responding to the actress with comments like, “Starting today, I’m a Bae Ta Mi fan,” and, “Of course Im Soo Jung is this good. This is the start of my all-time favorite drama, and all-time favorite character.”

Im Soo Jung has been garnering interest since before the premiere, as this is her first drama in two years. Amidst all of the hype, her transformation has been perfect, starting with her modern styling, the way she walks, her confident facial expressions, and even her voice. In just two episodes, Im Soo Jung has grabbed the audience’s attention through her role as Bae Ta Mi. While her character is competitive, ambitious, and unafraid to fight, she is also very weak deep down, and Im Soo Jung is able to accurately portray that relatable side. Viewers have also shared comments like, “As I continue to watch the drama, I begin to support Bae Ta Mi without even knowing.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1330924wpp/im-soo-jung-receives-praise-for-her-acting-in-search-www-and-exudes-professionalism-behind-the-scenes

I got bored and watch some few drama teasers ofc "search WWW" early teaser too and suddenly smth came to my mind..

Why Park Morgan reached to Tae Mi?..What was his motivation? I mean their meeting was not like a coincidence..He sit in front of that game table to able to play with her! why? he can play by own..He is telling some impressive words and waiting her at outside...and interestingly we learn he is a business guy who is trying to sell his music to the "Unicon" that she is working in as director!!...What if it is all planned before? I hope he also has a story..a mystery behind him. That first night dinner date of them also weird..time to time they make flashbacks and we learn she told him many things about her work life while she was drunk. 

NL9O0X.jpg

:huh:

Jang Ki Young kills me again in this drama!!!! I love him soooo much.. the way he smile, the way he look at her.... drop dead... Jang Ki Young never fails me with his acting... i can't wait for the next episode to air!!!! 

Watch: Jang Ki Yong And Im Soo Jung Show Sweet Chemistry In Behind-The-Scenes Video For “Search: WWW”

by S. Park
77d815a93f3444ba8dd460d5df9d8040.jpeg?s=

On June 9, tvN’s “Search: WWW” released a making-of video for its first two episodes.

In the video, Im Soo Jung transformed into Bae Ta Mi, monitored her acting, commented on the scene, and joked around with the staff.

Showing her character’s anger issues, Lee Da Hee relieved her stress while swinging a bat in a demolition room. She accidentally broke something before filming began, and the staff poked fun at the actress.

Jeon Hye Jin, Im Soo Jung, and Lee Da Hee then rehearsed together. The director suggested that Jeon Hye Jin use more force when slapping Im Soo Jung, and she gave her arm a full swing. Im Soo Jung reacted with surprise, then they perfectly captured the moment on camera. Im Soo Jung said, “The wind [from her swing] is no joke.”

Jang Ki Yong and Im Soo Jung shot the scene where their characters met for the first time, which also happened to be their first scene together as well. In order to get closer to her co-star, Im Soo Jung asked Jang Ki Yong if he played any games. He answered, “I don’t play computer games but play one game on my phone.” Looking back at their footage, Im Soo Jung said, “Why are your [shoulders] so broad?” and the actor shyly shook his head.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1331213wpp/watch-jang-ki-yong-and-im-soo-jung-show-sweet-chemistry-in-behind-the-scenes-video-for-search-www

I love watching the BTS scenes. They look comfortable with each other. I love how ISJ reference JKY’s character in Kill It. Such a good drama yet so underrated. Still missing that drama but now I’m warming up to Park Mo Gun.

@evok I love your theory of Park Mo Gun. I can’t see the picture though but I’m also looking forward to his storyline as well. Hopefully his intentions approaching BTM is not bad and that his feelings are real.

Search Query: WWW: Episode 2

by LollyPip

Search02-00491.jpg

I really liked the first episode, but this second episode has just cemented my love for this show and all its characters. It’s just so impressive with its strong yet fallible women, devoted yet respectful love interest, and sharp, clever dialogue. Our heroine suffers a serious professional setback, but she manages to turn it into a chance for some very satisfying revenge.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/search-query-www-episode-2/

4 Reasons Why We Are Obsessed With The Premiere Of “Search: WWW”

by EvaCh10
03a12b6e0d1d43b8b1ed613751df2ccf.jpeg?s=

It feels like there’s a brand new office drama every week, but if you only have time for one this year, check out the new tvN drama “Search: WWW.” The level of storytelling and fleshed-out characters in this women-centered drama is shockingly good.

Bae Ta Mi (Im Soo Jung) — the fierce manager of Unicon, the most popular portal site in South Korea — might not be the sweet, naive, and clumsy K-drama heroine you’re used to, but that’s exactly what makes her interesting. Driven and calculating yet confused about whether or not she’s doing the right thing, cold but easily touched by Park Mo Gun (Jang Ki Yong), a lonely workaholic, Ta Mi believes that she’s neither good or bad. Ta Mi’s fluid moral code gets her into a lot of trouble with her former friend and current boss, Director Song Ga Kyung (Jeon Hye Jin), and Scarlet (Lee Da Hee), the manager at the second most popular portal site Barro.

1. A refreshingly strong, charismatic heroine who’s relatable

Search-WWW-Ep-1-Im-Soo-Jung-people-are-m

Ta Mi (Im Soo Jung) is the kind of woman who cries over “Produce 101” in one scene and drags her rivals in the next. Her moments of fearlessness fall perfectly in place between faded, bittersweet memories of a broken friendship and sparkly flashbacks of Mo Gun. Although Ta Mi is obviously very observant and can read people easily, she doesn’t acknowledge her loneliness (when she’s sober). We can’t help but admire her — flaws and all.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1331126wpp/4-reasons-why-we-are-obsessed-with-the-premiere-of-search-www

16 hours ago, elizabeth said:

@evok I love your theory of Park Mo Gun. I can’t see the picture though but I’m also looking forward to his storyline as well. Hopefully his intentions approaching BTM is not bad and that his feelings are real.

thank you..the pic is this +. (dont know why it couldn't be uploaded <_<)

lRJodg.jpg

I mean he is flirting with her..openly telling her date with me and when she black out and fall on him his gestures give weird feelings...

that is why there would be secretive story about him. :blink:

EDIT: ASHSHSH...I think image still cant be seen. just click on it..

On 6/12/2019 at 4:27 AM, evok said:

thank you..the pic is this +. (dont know why it couldn't be uploaded <_<)

I mean he is flirting with her..openly telling her date with me and when she black out and fall on him his gestures give weird feelings...

that is why there would be secretive story about him. :blink:

EDIT: ASHSHSH...I think image still cant be seen. just click on it..

I think he probably have gone true allot in his life to be this mature though. the way he do not push for a relationship but listen to her and still mange to be straight forward. remember reading early on that he is a closed off person, but when meeting TM he begin to open up. so my guess for your observation is maybe some insecurity seeping true? I think we gonna learn stuff about him true this drama and gonna be funn getting to know him and his backstory -_-

56 minutes ago, sal2 said:

I think he probably have gone true allot in his life to be this mature though. the way he do not push for a relationship but listen to her and still mange to be straight forward. remember reading early on that he is a closed off person, but when meeting TM he begin to open up. so my guess for your observation is maybe some insecurity seeping true? I think we gonna learn stuff about him true this drama and gonna be funn getting to know him and his backstory -_-

my prediction goes as more than his own complex past, maybe he planned all this. .maybe..it would make his character more interesting..otherwise he would stay as a boring character inside all that strong leads. ıf he is in a plan that will be ruined by his unexpected feelings towards Tae Mi than romance side of the story would be more strong. At least I hope this..We will see..

Btw I also wonder who is that pianist girl!...Her role is so unnecessary right now..There has to be reason of her being in this drama..Her being pianist make me wonder ıf she will go out as Morgan's ex-lover or sister...maybe she will be someone who will help Tae-Mi in unexpected time. Maybe she is the daughter of right person..;)..there has to be reason of her being in this story...right.

Archived