Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Current Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸 - Sat & Sun @ 19:55 KST

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, larus said:

 After watching again, I realised that it could be a memorial day as well.

 

 

 

What’s the difference between a memorial day and a death anniversary? (New to korean culture here...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

 

What’s the difference between a memorial day and a death anniversary? (New to korean culture here...) 

 It is the same in my book but I don`t know... maybe there is a difference? Probably not.

 

46 minutes ago, larus said:

But why In sook is crying so much?

What is wrong with her? Is she delusional or what? How could she thought Mi Ri will accept her after what she has done? In Sook wanted her out of the company and her life and she succeeded. But now she still think she could play the concerned mother? She should take care of Tae Joo how long it will take. She almost ruined her relationship with him. Let see what happen when he finds out the truth.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larus said:

But He kind of deserves this. He should told her before.

 

1 hour ago, larus said:

He still don`t know how Mi Ri is connected with In Sook, why it is so hard for Mi ri to moved on from this 'betrayal'. 

I can hardly wait until he and the Chair find out Mi Ri is In Sook's biological daughter whom she abandoned for money and glory. By then, it will be too late for In Sook as she will be kicked out of the company, and her money will be put on freeze and she will live and begs off her daughter and her sister. I want her to wash the dishes by hand in that kitchen and made to sleep in that alley behind the restaurant. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, larus said:

The much needed comic relief

omg i literally laughed out loud.. very loudly :joy: the girls are so cute in their wigs.. especially MS!!! do more scenes from MH’s new book.. i really like how their sisterhood can be depicted from there.. so light hearted and full of love!! :kiss_wink:

so the memorial service is probably SJ’s husband? and IS is there to feign grief?? reminds me of how Chairman Han did the fake sadness at his bro’s memorial service and next instant, changed to normal and reprimanded IS lol they are really hypocrites.

well, i din watch last week’s 2 epi and i intend to watch all 4 epi on mon when the eng subs for today and tomorrow’s are out :sweat_smile:

btw, im quite delighted that TJ got slapped.. well deserved it. there’s always the miri chance, its the key but just need the perfect timing to use it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, smhelen said:

 

I can hardly wait until he and the Chair find out Mi Ri is In Sook's biological daughter whom she abandoned for money and glory. By then, it will be too late for In Sook as she will be kicked out of the company, and her money will be put on freeze and she will live and begs off her daughter and her sister. I want her to wash the dishes by hand in that kitchen and made to sleep in that alley behind the restaurant.  

 

I hardly undertand In Sook. Why she thought pushing Mi ri out will solve her problems? If the Chairman Han would have found out that Mi Ri is her biological daughter will be upset at first (because of a possible scandal) but he finally would have  realised that it was a coincidence that In Sook found her daughter. Maybe Tae Joo would still be at her side. But now... after what she has done no one will be on her side. Not even Tae Joo. She has allianeted both her daughter  and Tae Joo. And for what? I already talked about this. Chairman Han knew that she abandoned her daughter. He could stop the bad press if he wanted. Now, the situation is so bad for In Sook. Her desperation was so high? She thought that she could solve her problem if Mi Ri would have left the country. Her plan did not work. Instead, she has a bigger problem now.

 

In Sook is very proud woman. I wonder if she will return to Sun Ja and Mi Ri to ask forgiveness. I wish she will do that. I am very angry with her right now but I wish she will redeem herself. Hope she could help Mi Ri or Tae joo,to do something that is not selfish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Poor Mi Ri! Poor Tae Ju!

 

But He kind of deserves this. He should have told her before.

 

 

Actually, Tae Joo didn’t deserve this. Remember that he was already willing to tell her his secret but it was Mi Ri who stopped him. “If you tell me your secret, i would have to tell you mine. And i don’t want to. That would be unfair to you.” ~Mi Ri; When she finally opened up to Tae Joo about her birth mother, i understand that it was out of respect that he did not tell her about his own secret right at that moment. He was grateful when she did but he was considerate enough not to steal her thunder, at the same time to give her time to gather her emotions. Try to imagine dumping his truth on an already distraught Mi Ri. Tae Joo the character is such a fine guy to give leeway in this way. Looking back, when the chairman told him that he was seriously considering letting TJ and MR date, that would have been the perfect time for him to retract his resignation. As MR did in the first episode with Wang Wei, she said, “we have to kneel and beg to her”... because she knew exactly what was at stake. Even with this, i couldn’t blame TJ because however he decided, he was already wrapped in his father’s fingers. As they say, “d*** if he did, d*** if he didn’t.” The poor boy had nowhere to go. 

 

Waiting for subs to know what he demanded from his father and In sook regarding Mi Ri. 

 

Preview showed In sook crying by the riverside/beach. Is her day of reckoning nearer than i expected? 

 

17 minutes ago, larus said:

Now, the situation is so bad for In Sook. Her desperation was so high? She thought that she could solve her problem if Mi Ri would have left the country. Her plan did not work. Instead, she has a bigger problem now.

I’m banking on Mi Ri’s threat that she’ll divulge the truth to everyone if In sook tried to relieve MR from the company. 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Actually, Tae Joo didn’t deserve this. Remember that he was already willing to tell her his secret but it was Mi Ri who stopped him. “If you tell me your secret, i would have to tell you mine. And i don’t want to. That would be unfair to you.” ~Mi Ri; When she finally opened up to Tae Joo about her birth mother, i understand that it was out of respect that he did not tell her about his own secret right at that moment. He was grateful when she did but he was considerate enough not to steal her thunder, at the same time to give her time to gather her emotions. Try to imagine dumping his truth on an already distraught Mi Ri. Tae Joo the character is such a fine guy to give leeway in this way.

 

About the time He tried to tell her, They were not even dating. He should have told her when They started to dating.

I agree, He is definitely a nice guy, but He made a mistake. The guy gave her a ring, He did a marriage propose, but He didn't tell her who he really is. This is wrong. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

btw, im quite delighted that TJ got slapped.. well deserved it. there’s always the miri chance, its the key but just need the perfect timing to use it.

 

Yes, Mi Ri needed to give that slap. I wish there will be a "MiRi chance" someday. I want to see it. Can we have later the sweet scenes back? Please, Writer-nim!

 

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

so the memorial service is probably SJ’s husband? and IS is there to feign grief?

 In Sook was there to show her respect to Sun ja`s husband. She could care less for the family for almost 30 years. Why is she there? I think it was an oportunity for her to see Mi ri. She shows remorse of what she has done. She shows grief that Mi Ri is rejecting her. But what she expects? For an inteligent and determined woman she behaved lamentably. She panicked and made the worst decision ever. Now she has to live with the consequences of her decision.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, larus said:

For an inteligent and determined woman she behaved lamentably. She panicked and made the worst decision ever. Now she has to live with the consequences of her decision.

its gotta be too much whiskey!! drinking is bad, it distorts the mind and she cant think intelligently hahahahaha

 

she did a wrong move on the chess playing game.. she thought she can gain Han’s wealth and status through her own despicable method..

1. TJ

2. daughter MR

when actually if she places her bet on MR, she would have gained both in the end.

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, larus said:

the Chairman Han

I think he knows and he does not respect her for leaving her daughter for money. That's why he always insults her. I

 

35 minutes ago, larus said:

In Sook is very proud woman.

IS being a proud person is not how I see her. I see her as a pathetic woman who has no pride or self-dignity. Her own daughter thinks of her as a modern-day concubine. To me, she comes across as a cheap & mousy woman. 

 
 
 
4 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:
5 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

its gotta be too much whiskey!! drinking is bad, it distorts the mind and she cant think intelligently hahahahaha

 

she did a wrong move on the chess playing game.. she thought she can gain Han’s wealth and status through her own despicable method..

 

I would say she surely burnt her bridges. Her downfall is coming at us fast and furry 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Even with this, i couldn’t blame TJ because however he decided, he was already wrapped in his father’s fingers. As they say, “d*** if he did, d*** if he didn’t.” The poor boy had nowhere to go. 

 

32 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

About the time He tried to tell her, They were not even dating. He should have told her when They started to dating.

I agree, He is definitely a nice guy, but He made a mistake. The guy gave her a ring, He did a marriage propose, but He didn't tell her who he really is. This is wrong. 

 

I agree with Jeilopes. He deserved the slap from Mi ri.  But I understand Dyslexic heart`s position. I think all of us want what is best for Tae Joo and Mi ri.  Tae Joo is a good guy and he doesn`t deserve to suffer like that. In Sook and Chairman Han exploated Tae joo`s feelings for Mi ri, used this weakness (the "lie"). It was an inocent lie from omission who became a real problem because of many circumstances. A lie can grow bigger.

I am glad Mi Ri opened up with Tae Joo and told her biggest weakness, talked about her feelings. Tae Joo wanted to tell her his secret too but she has to go to China. In Sook and his father played very well their cards. 

Mi Ri still have not told about In sook. I think she is still protecting her biological mother, in a way. If Tae Joo won`t find out that Mi ri and In sook are related before they are together again, I wish Mi ri will tell him. He has to know the whole truth.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeilopes said:

I agree, He is definitely a nice guy, but He made a mistake. The guy gave her a ring, He did a marriage propose, but He didn't tell her who he really is. This is wrong. 

He was dying to do just that but MR’s troubles were happening. He probably did not want her to be more burdened than she already was. The moment she would’ve gotten back from china, he promised it. But his father’s anger blindsided him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

He was dying to do just that but MR’s troubles were happening. He probably did not want her to be more burdened than she already was. The moment she would’ve gotten back from china, he promised it. But his father’s anger blindsided him. 

 

Yeah... the time was running out for him. In Sook and Chairman Han have scored against our OTP.

 

Poor Tae Joo... I felt so bad for him when he was at her door and then he sat down on the floor to wait for her. 

She slapped him, gave her the resignation,  she doesn`t want to talk with him now but... she did not return the ring yet. They need time. They will find each other again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect that the memorial is for

MiRi's father

SJ's brother

MS & MH's uncle

IS's husband

 

That's the person who connects them all.

 

Since SJ is MiRi's bio-niece, and it is clear that SJ and IS are not biologically related, then SJ must be biologically related to MiRi's father.

 

  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, larus said:

 

Yeah... the time was running out for him. In Sook and Chairman Han have scored against our OTP.

 

Poor Tae Joo... I felt for him when he was at her door and then he sat down on the floor to wait for her. 

She slapped him, gave her the resignation,  she doesn`t want to talk with him now but... she did not return the ring yet. They need time. They will find each other again.

That and when MR fell on the floor in shock after TJ and his entourage entered the lift. I wanted to rush to her side and give them lot the stink eye! 

 

I felt bad for all the uneaten food Sun Ja prepared. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I was really hoping for it was his persistence. TJ does not give up easily and I liked it when I saw that he went after her in her mother's restaurant. 

 

14 minutes ago, larus said:

 

Yeah... the time was running out for him. In Sook and Chairman Han have scored against our OTP.

 

Poor Tae Joo... I felt so bad for him when he was at her door and then he sat down on the floor to wait for her. 

She slapped him, gave her the resignation,  she doesn`t want to talk with him now but... she did not return the ring yet. They need time. They will find each other again.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor TJ it's not his fault, do not hate him !

If he doesn't accept this post, his dad will destroy Miri's life for ever

he has a power in this society, no one dare to accept Miri in theirs companies.

There's one solution : she must leave korea, go to USA to find a job

but TJ knows her character, if he tells her the truth and tells her coming with

him to US, she won't listen to him with her character; she will fight to the end

and fighting with people powerful like the chairman, she'll lose ...sure !

In this country, BIG fish ates little fish.....you always see in the news at Korea

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hushhh said:

Since SJ is MiRi's bio-niece, and it is clear that SJ and IS are not biologically related, then SJ must be biologically related to MiRi's father.

 or Mi Ri is biologically related with Mi sun and Mi Hye, as she si the daughter of the brother of Sun ja`s husband. Or maybe Sun ja had another brother?  I am glad the writer told us that Mi Ri`s biological father died but it is still not clear who he was (a Kang or a Park?)

 

 

36 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I felt bad for all the uneaten food Sun Ja prepared. 

Don`t be. The uncle ate a good part. They will eat for a couple of days from that food. :D

 

34 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

One thing I was really hoping for it was his persistence. TJ does not give up easily and I liked it when I saw that he went after her in her mother's restaurant. 

 

I knew he will be persistant. I like it too. I would be more unhappy if he did not come to Sun ja`s place to look for Mi ri.

 

17 minutes ago, diane90 said:

Poor TJ it's not his fault, do not hate him !

Nobody is hating him. Not even Mi Ri. She is very upset now, she is hurt but she doesn`t hate him. :D

 

I can`t help but rewatch the sister`s scene. :w00t: After the sorrow of Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s story, I need it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dyslexic heart said:

That and when MR fell on the floor in shock after TJ and his entourage entered the lift. I wanted to rush to her side and give them lot the stink eye! 

 

I felt bad for all the uneaten food Sun Ja prepared. 

I kept thinking this food looks cold. I would have felt bad if it was steaming hot. 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...