[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

6 hours ago, larus said:

Don`t be. The uncle ate a good part. They will eat for a couple of days from that food. :D

Everyone knows the sorrow of having to be forced to eat up holiday leftover dishes. It’s an overkill!!! :lol:

Subs out!!! TJ agreed to do the succession formalities, yada yada blah blah but demanded from his father and IN sook to stay away from MR. 

Chairman: i could even promote and protect her. 

TJ: there is no need to promote nor protect her. She is my girlfriend. She is my person. I will protect her. *** swooon***:wub:

But the best part of this episode was what transpired between In sook and MR at her studio. MR had to remind IS that the elevator scene was the 2nd time she was abandoned. And for that, ****drumroll***

she curses In sook. For all the misfortunes she encounters, it is all because of MiRi’s wrath for all the years she took her for granted. Whoaaaaa, atta gurl!!! Take it all out on her. Wooooh, Kang Mi Ri aka Karma! 

The preview for tonight, TJ is trying to convince MR not to resign. Because he will eventually step down for her. Aaaaah, our boy has plans.... 

i am very much satisfied with the progress. Waiting for tonight’s epi. 

I miss Lim Soo Yoen’s the color of my life because there hasn’t been any sweet moments for MRxTJ lately. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I think we all agree that In Sook is the worst mother ever, for both TJ and MR.

She said to MR that she should have break up with TJ, as she said before, and It's because she didn't listen her that she is suffering now.

IS plays the victim all the time, but she is just a horrible woman. 

What bugs me the most is how this concubine thinks she is always in the right. I am so done with her. How much is she going to cover up for her sins and horrific mistakes? There are women who sell their bodies to support and feed their children. She is not one of them. She is a vermin who feeds herself from her offspring flesh. This character needs to die, like yesterday. 

I'm 100% sure that IS aim is about justice/revenge and not just power, position and wealth. However but the collateral damage she is creating on the way to her goal will make it a Pyrrhic victory.

As a private territorial person k-drama's practice of having people use other folk key code without their explicit permission drives me crazy.

Were it me, when i saw  IS  in my apartment, I would straight up call the police and have her arrested for breaking and entering.

As much as I think IS have a reason, she is written as someone without any emotional intelligence.  She seems to think that giving birth gives her some kind of exalted position after abandoning seemingly abandoning her daughter for 26 year without any explanation.  She expects her daughter to have kept emotional space for her when she never gave any indication that she'd be back.  -- weird nonsense.

This i've disappeared without explanation but fully expect you to be emotionally faithful to me shows up in quite a few earlier k-drama.  The one that comes to mind is My Lovely Kim Sam Soon when the second female lead shows up after running away without explanation returns years later and expects the hero to have held emotional space for her. Weird.

45 minutes ago, hushhh said:

As much as I think IS have a reason, she is written as someone without any emotional intelligence.  She seems to think that giving birth gives her some kind of exalted position after abandoning seemingly abandoning her daughter for 26 year without any explanation.  She expects her daughter to have kept emotional space for her when she never gave any indication that she'd be back.  -- weird nonsense.

Or IS is just the cold, calculative, manipulative, fame richard simmons, gold digger that got her way up until this time. Remember MR’s Rooftop scene where she was trying to convince MR of talks of ivy leagues, ambitions and successes like hillary clinton and MR won’t have any of it because she would rather stick with her warm, nurturing and sacrificial adoptive mom? IS is portrayed as success-driven for the sake of material wealth and she thought her daughter would share the same traits. She was not even thinking of emotional attachments and filial bonds, just getting ahead of the rest of the pack. I am pretty sure such people exist in our society outside kdrama land, but i hope they account for 0.00001% of the population. 

42 minutes ago, hushhh said:

I'm 100% sure that IS aim is about justice/revenge and not just power, position and wealth.

I don't know, that don't make any sense for me. How could a revenge takes this long? She is in HS's family for 28 years. 28 years is literally my life. :sweat_smile:

35 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Or IS is just the cold, calculative, manipulative, fame richard simmons, gold digger that got her way up until this time. Remember MR’s Rooftop scene where she was trying to convince MR of talks of ivy leagues, ambitions and successes like hillary clinton and MR won’t have any of it because she would rather stick with her warm, nurturing and sacrificial adoptive mom? IS is portrayed as success-driven for the sake of material wealth and she thought her daughter would share the same traits. She was not even thinking of emotional attachments and filial bonds, just getting ahead of the rest of the pack. I am pretty sure such people exist in our society outside kdrama land, but i hope they account for 0.00001% of the population. 

25 minutes ago, jeilopes said:

I don't know, that don't make any sense for me. How could a revenge takes this long? She is in HS's family for 28 years. 28 years is literally my life. :sweat_smile:

Caveat--I am often wrong about the direction a k-drama will go in.  Especially when I didn't pay much attention to the beginning because some characters are just annoying.

The reason I don't think IS is meant to be seen as cold, calculating, and working for a big pay off is . . . 

during the flashback scenes IS actually tried to abandon MiRi twice, once unsuccessfully and once successfully. [At least I think that was what happened.  I wasn't paying that much attention.]

IS first time IS tried to abandon MiRi and MiRi didn't protest. She cried as IS left.  IS couldn't leave.  She came back to MiRi and scolded her for not holding on to her.  They left together.  The second time IS tried to abandon MiRi, MiRi did what her mother said to do.  She tried to hold on but IS left anyway. 

Also almost everytime she hurts MiRi in the present, she drinks or cries.  Not so with TJ.

IS has a plan and she is determined to bring it to fruition.

Or not.

JS looks so much lovelier in the flashbacks. 

I hope IS gets a disease and needs her daughter's bone marrow and then she will come begging. I hope they kill this character because I don't get her point of view what so ever. And like one of the wise sage posters above said, she has no emotional intelligence. 

3 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

The preview for tonight, TJ is trying to convince MR not to resign. Because he will eventually step down for her. Aaaaah, our boy has plans.... 

MR will nvr accept that lol it just sounds, insulting. she has the capability to get to the position :kiss_wink: even before TJ came into the picture! anyway at this point, whatever TJ tries to explain or say, im hoping he just keeps getting slapped by MR in return.. well, its the boiling anger that needs to be simmered by slaps (since smooches dun work for MR at the moment).. not TJ’s fault to this extent but, im violent and cruel at this point..

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

I'm 100% sure that IS aim is about justice/revenge and not just power, position and wealth. However but the collateral damage she is creating on the way to her goal will make it a Pyrrhic victory.

i hope they will be quicker into that plot, if IS is planning for some kind of revenge :neutral: 28yrs sounds too long for this.. if its any other kd, she would have fed chairman han some kind of slow poison so that he gets dementia or something and dies in the first 3yrs.. or even, when he had the cardiac issue recently, she could have delayed the rescue so that he dies. haha! well, unless chairman han is not her target of revenge (then who?).. well, not forgetting there is another potential 10yo successor and the young mistress and her mom all in miami.. :skull:

sidenote, im quite amused at how cursed words become “richard simmons” in this forum hahahaha :grimace:

5 hours ago, hushhh said:

As a private territorial person k-drama's practice of having people use other folk key code without their explicit permission drives me crazy.

Me too, i don't like, at least must first obtain my permission. I am not sure about korean culture, no privacy allowed in family drama? :crazy:.......Now the passcode has made known to : TJ, SJ, her eldest and IS. She should change her passcode often :w00t:

It's not easy being a career woman today. MR excels in her job, a sole female director in the male dominated Hansung Executive line up. She loses her post to the Chairman’s son , TJ, someone she loves who hide the truth (nothing but the truth), and also even her bio mum did not tell her earlier, and i applause that scene when she trash it out with her hypocrite mum in the studio apartment. She had to let her know what she had done to her daughter terribly and miserably in the past and all these while...

Nowaday education has allowed women to have their own jobs or find their dreams but there are limitation to where they can climb up to the corporate ladder. Those who climb further are normally single women who devote their entire life to work diligently. This is where all big MNC or big local enterprises (like LG, Hyundai, Samsung, KIA motors, just to name a few) are the go to careers for women intending to succeed in life. If she is lucky or using her "personal connection" it will get her to climb up even faster.

MR and her bio mum, IS are spending their whole life devoting to their career, just that they are using different methods. kdrama is often intentionally making a mess to make audience like us, addicted and frustrated whenever storyline moves on....

I once discussed with my korean friend and he told me, some drama contents are true but some are not. As for all women characters and events in this drama, although are fictional story, some characters believed are possible happened in real life, eg. SJ and IS

I have a feeling that MR will come back to work but may be much later EP, simply because she is the brand ambassador for ALL-FOR-YOU.  :lol:

I watched with subtitle and I have a few more words to say.

I loved when Mi ri told In Sook what was in her heart and mind even without subtitles but now I loved the scene better.

From the beginning I knew that it will be problems when Mi ri will enter the Hansung family. I would not want her to enter that family. In Sook knews that from her own experience. Yeah, their lives are not all rosy. A rigid world, full of frustration. They  have wealth but they do not have freedom. Like a bird in a golden cage.  In Sook supported Chairman`s demands and control but like Mi ri pointed out, it was her choice. She abandoned her daughter for riches and status and she did not look back. In Sook doesn`t get it. She doens `t know how to be a mother. Yeah, it is uncomfortable to serve your subordonate as your boss all of the sudden but as Mi Ri said, it is not the important part. She should care about her daughter first and not herself. Instead of telling her that she should leave abroad for her own good, or to break up with her subordonate because he is out of her league,  she should tell her the truth about Tae Joo or to urge him to tell the truth. And later, when everything was discovered, she stood by the Hansung group again. No wonder that Mi ri felt she was abondoned again. Now In Sook says that because she raised Tae Joo, what will say the world if the two of them will see each other. You should not care about the world.... you should care for once in your life about your flash and blood. 

Whatever... She doesn`t get it. She is pathetic. I pity her in a way. When she will lose support of Hansung Group she won`t have anything. At least, Mi ri has her family to come back when it is hard for her. 

Mi Ri has the right to reject her now after that she has done. She even cursed her. I know that Mi Ri has a soft heart and she will not turn back on her when she will have a hard time but right now she doesn`t want anything from her. In Sook should respect that.

About Tae Joo... I feel sorry that he is the son of the Chairman but that`s life. He can`t change that. He tried to live his own life and make his own rules but he has responsabilities beeing part of that family. He can`t deny that he is not the heir. Now, forced by circumstances, he took his responsabilities as the succesor of Hansung Group. It will be a new stage on his life. He enters in the "mature" world and will face new realities. I like that he stood ferm in front of his father and made his demands. He has to prove that he is a mature man and let see how he will deal with the crisis and how will convince Mi ri of his sincerity.

I don`t want Mi ri to enter Hansung Group family but she will accept it eventually because she loves Tae Joo. Then it will be her choice. She will face new challenges then? I am sure of that. I have a strong feeling that after Mi Ri and Tae Joo will reconcile, they will get married without telling their family first. I hope not but...let see if that`s the path they will take. 

5 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Nowaday education has allowed women to have their own jobs or find their dreams but there are limitation to where they can climb up to the corporate ladder. Those who climb further are normally single women who devote their entire life to work diligently. This is where all big MNC or big local enterprises (like LG, Hyundai, Samsung, KIA motors, just to name a few) are the go to careers for women intending to succeed in life. If she is lucky or using her "personal connection" it will get her to climb up even faster.

I like how Tae Joo said to his father that Mi Ri doesn`t need his help to promote or protect her. She is a competent person who is able to promote on her own if it will be a fair system.

The sad reality is that even when the own Chairman recognized her merits, her competence, he also treated her with disrespect just because she is a woman. They suggested that they will use her until she is valuable to them, at least until she got married or have children. I was disgusted how Chairman talked about her. He said that he was surprised that Kang Mi Ri did not make a fuss about the new promotion but instead "that wench is well aware of her place". That wench? I want to slap him. I really do.  :angry:

Now, the rest of this show. I like to see flashbacks from Mi Hye`s perspective. I love the scenes with the sisters. I want to see more. I like how Woo Jin laughed reading the scene and how he brought her rice cake after that. She liked them at the risk of loosing her bangs. :lol: Woo Jin likes Mi Hye and he is knowing her better through her stories. Of course, Mi Hye is liking him too. I like how their story progress.

I like how Mi Sun is getting close to her mother in law. I always thought that Mi Ok has the right to live her life but her personality left much to be desired. She was nasty towards others and really selfish when she could explain better her intends. She has to apologize to Mi Sun and Sun Ja but she is on the right track.

She wanted to live her life, to meet friends and have hobbies. I could sympathize with her when she said that she wanted to meet more people. Her husband had a social life, meeting lots of people but not her.

Probably she had a little crush on the potery master but did not cheat her husband. Yet. That creepy guy wanted wanted to trick her into taking her money. She was a perfect naive victim. I hope Mi Ok and her husband will resolve their problems. 

Jin Soo is next.  He is a childish fool and he has to grow up... He is next to learn a lesson or two from life. 

New OST part 6

Jeon Woo Sung & Kim Na Yeon- Like a Star

2019060215152618982-540x540.jpg

'Like a star' is a ballad song that expresses intense love that does not change even when tough trials approach. The voice of Jeon Woo-sung's appeal and the pure tone of Kim Nae-yeon harmonize the feelings of the characters who deepen their hearts toward each other.

'Starry Like' is a song co-writer with Rael, a songwriter who has been praised by world-renowned artists in Asia Got Talent (Malaysia)

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019060286174

Spoiler

Lyrics

Raw translation

You are my everything in my heart
I can not express what you say
I can not feel it when I first saw you
Can you feel my heart in my heart
You are all in me
I want to stay by your side
Always close your eyes
I stand here today with a trembling heart
I feel like a star come down to me like a star
The world sprinkles my heart around you
And whispering love by your side
I can not express my love so shining like this star
My life is my daily life
If all the moments have touched my heart
I see you in my heart I'm standing here today with a trembling heart
My love is like a star to me
Spread my heart around you and whisper love to you
I can not count It shines like this starless heart.
Come closer like a breath.
Give it the first time as the world is our love shine like the stars scattered like my heart by thee can not express enough still can not fathom whisper of love by you

Composed by 개미 Lyrics by 라엘(Ra.L), 개미 Arranged by 이준화 Strings Arranged by 이준화

Cofee and tea truck for "The Prettiest Daughter in the World"

I am not sure who sent it.

Probably Lee Sang Woo for his beautiful wife or from both of them. We`ll see. :wub:

a selfie

Jo Young-Hoon and Lee Tae-Yeon

Yhere's one thing very strange in this drama is.....they have no friends ( school, collegue....) except Mi Sun.

TJ; MR; MH......they have any friend ; I really don't understand ???

It's good to have a friend to talk about family problem, love problem .......

For ex : if TJ has a friend ( out of Hansung) he can talk about his love story problem

and his friend can tell him what to do... with MR too !

Bc sometimes we can talk to a friend than family members ....

For ex ... Jin Ah in SITR, Jeong In ( Han Ji Min) in One spring night, etc.....many dramas I watched

they have best friends except this one hahahaha !

They turn around in family circle and trun around turn around...... headache !

For IS, if we try to understand her, maybe she is not the worst mother , she is just realistic !

We can't forgive het the way she did in the past...abandonned her child but the way she acts like know

I can understand her..... She doesn't want MR live the miserable life in this family;

how many years already the chairman doesn't trust her..... this man is the worst. I think bc of that

people left him alone and live in US

Ah can someone give me a link to watch live please, thank you

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

Yhere's one thing very strange in this drama is.....they have no friends ( school, collegue....) except Mi Sun.

Mi Ri was a bookworm and a nerd. She had a one-track mind to excel hence, friends weren’t her priority. TJ wasn’t comfortable rubbing elbows with his kind. Mi hye, she has Jae Bum. In sook, that monster devours her competitors and keeps her allies within reach. 

For IS, if we try to understand her, maybe she is not the worst mother , she is just realistic !

Pragmatic parents don’t throw their kids under the bus to save their own hide. Whatever her real motive for abandoning MR and joining Hansung remains to be seen. 

Ah can someone give me a link to watch live please, thank you

The ever generous @Kiara1110 drops a link of the raw episode after broadcast in this forum. 

OMG, MI Ri made a deal with the Chairman?  They need Kang Mi ri and the Chariman wanted her back but she asked something. Maybe something against In Sook and the Chariman agreed.

She came back with a bang but with what costs? She is angry and defies In Sook to the maximum. I will want to see with subtitles. I wish she will find her own way outside this family or Hansung Group but I knew they won`t keep her out for so long from Hansung. So it was not a time jump. 

What is with the haircut? It is a must if you are promoted at Hansung Group? :lol: She looks great btw.

Was Kang Mi Ri tough before? Let see her now. :D

Archived