[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

oh, i'm reading that Go Ara was offered in july the role and Haechi was supposed to air "sometime in September".

i wonder if before Jung Il woo, others actors were offered. thus the delay.

but seem the quality of drama, was kind of a good thing the production slow down.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I feel you! Since the start of this drama, seriously, every week seems long and longer :D. I think I'm gonna feel this way until April..when this ends.

Where do you follow this? That they finished 12 episodes already? That's like for two weeks' episodes. Plus, Ara's injury. I hope she's already fine and hope it won't compromise the quality of the storyline.

Maybe we should ask our historian @gerrytan8063 about your question regarding the Cheon surname :).

Yeah me feel so long to wait.. Now I repeat again last week episode.. Hehe. Didnt not enough... 

Oh my just 12 episode only.. So it means 24 episode.. I just hope this drama becone better and better.. 

Anneyo chingus, finally caught up with this show.

I was scrolling back through the pages and I couldn’t find anything about the injury you guys mentioned Go Ara has. What happened? Seeing her hold her stomach in the end of the recent episode, I wondered if maybe her injury on the show was more than just acting. Especially since from what I know, she does her own stunts. 

Now for the actual plot and such, I was surprised by how much progress our OTP had when especially after watching the beginning I had assumed there would be minimal to zero romance. Oh how I was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong. What do you guys think will happen with these two when he’s married and getting further up the ranks?

DMS. Just like I am curious about YJs backstory, like many of you I also wonder what his story is. And I wonder if it has anything to do with prince MG’s girl, the ambitious one that is now close to the queen (I don’t know her name). Is she a sibling or a lover of DMS? He seemed to recognize her (I loved that twist-did not see that coming either that these two would know each other and it might shake the alliances up since she is basically prince YG’s enemy) and chase after her. It was also after he was commenting to his friend about prince YGs crush on YJ and how his friend was too young to know what he meant yet. Reason I mention this is maybe it’s a hint to the possibility that she’s an ex lover since DMs seems to know what love is if he was so sharp to notice YG feelings for YJ.

prince mg. This guy was seriously at the crown prince ceremony?! How is this guy not in jail when he’s become so sloppy in his killing that bodies are literally at his house prior to this ceremony? Just astounds me how he’s still standing free to this day, but of course then uri leads would have no enemies besides the minister to go up against and who doesn’t get entertained by the kinds of twisted and murderous villains like prince MG? I’m anticipaing his demise and take down more than the diabolical Noron minister (the one from Misty kdrama that was the news boss; sorry don’t know his name either XD).

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

@rocher22 

My otp is YG and Yj.

Just saying.

You are not alone :D. Until the end, even if it's gonna get me heartbroken ^___^

Me three! I'm ready to cry a river for Yeo OTP "Yeo couple?" Aww. Ara-Ilwooooo

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Anneyo chingus, finally caught up with this show.

I was scrolling back through the pages and I couldn’t find anything about the injury you guys mentioned Go Ara has. What happened? 

Hi there, chingu! Happy to see we are growing numbers in this forum. 

Well, Go Ara's injury, it's an accident that occur while doing a running scene. She had a leg injury twice years before, and seems like the injury she has now is unfortunately that same leg. My poor action girl! Her agency says she is now resting and recovering, and she will be wearing splint. Hope she will recover soon, healthy, and hope her injury won't affect the quality of her role. 

3 hours ago, mari_may said:

as for Go Ara, i hope she's recovering well.

i didn't know she was first one offered the role. this is nice since the usual is first actor who is cast.

says a lot about her importance. but i feel like she has less screen time. so i'm hoping in this new part she gets more.

i do also remenber something about his father. will see how they development her background.

something i did not have realized was that Kwon Yool and Jung Il woo already work together in My fair lady. i only watched few eps but didn't recognized him. such a nice reunion.

I think I read an article where stated that the writer Kim Yi Young personally picked Go Ara for this drama. Correct me if I'm wrong. But yes, she was offered first among the main cast, during the time of Miss Hammurabi she received the offer and was said to be the original start should be September, but changed the schedule when finally they decided to offer the lead to Jung Il-Woo. They waited until he finished his military service. 

As for Kwon yool and JIW, I've seen that drama! KY is the funny arrogant cute guy there, right? Pretty cool for them to have reunion in Haechi and now both the main focus of the drama. 

Mmm... Yeoji only appeared in the second episode. Although Ara was offered first for this drama, the main story focuses on real figures Prince Yeoning and MoonSu, and on how they changed the justice system during their time -- reformation. But I'm glad Yeoji adds curiosity and entertainment in the plot, and she plays an important role as well. I am very pleased that the writer didn't put the three main characters in a love triangle, but instead they have this "friendship/brotherhood" solid chemistry.

Update on Go ara's injury- it's a ligament rupture, which is a pretty bad sprain. She'll be admitted to the hospital for treatment, of course. They said they're discussing the drama shooting. 

I'm not sure how long they can delay shooting- since her sprain is quite severe, it's going to be at least over a month before she can normally walk again. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003965750 

@lightbringer06

"Maybe we should ask our historian..... about your question regarding the Cheon surname .

@star2010

"Do you know any thing about Cheon surname in Joseon? is it a common for people to have that last name beside Lee, Kim and Park?"

Korean surname "천" (Cheon) have different hanja/chinese character "千, 天, 川" Most Korean that bears the surname Cheon is "千"

There is also alternative spelling "Cheon" is spell as "Jeon" (전 hanja 全 田 錢) which you have to listen to its intonation but my auditory perception is that it is the former not the latter

We have to see when Cheon Yeo Ji writes her name in hanja to denote what is her surname but the Chinese subtitles have put her surname as "千"

In the drama Dong Yi, before she was discover as "Choe" she use her surname as Cheon (천) which was written as "千"

20190309-061431.png

"Yeo Ji and Yoon Young share the same last name. Not sure whether they are related or it s just a normal thing to share a same common last name."

Yes it is common to have the same surname & not be related. It all depends which bon-gwan (family clan, 본관, 本貫) or which provincial origin (gwan hyang 관향,貫鄕) they belong to

Cheon Yun Yeong (천윤영, 千允英) or Bok Dan (복단, 福丹) her Cheon surname is "千 " too

Also, who is this woman?..doesn't seem familiar to me ..this woman who Dal Moon was chasing after ? "

In the character description, she save young Dal Moon from the streets & look after him but abandon him when she aspire to climb the social class ladder (remember with Yi Tan she wants to be Queen Consort) 

No one even how low class will not use Cheon () from Cheonmin (賤民) as a surname. It is also not found in Baek Ga Seong (백가성,百家姓, Hundred Family Surnames)

For example, take Yeongjo's mother who is from the cheonmin class.

Royal Noble Consort Sukbin of Haeju Choe clan

Her surname is Choe or Choi & her family clan was Haeju Choi clan (there are approx 160 Choe/Choi clans in Korea)

"Image result for gwanghwamun

"what could be Yeoji's new job. She's standing in front of Gwanghwamun Gate, which is the main and largest gate of Gyeongbokgung Palace."

Cheon Yeo Ji return to Saheonbu as Damo. In front of Gwanghwamun Gate stands two statues of Haechi. Saheonbu is located on the left side Gwanghwamun Gate

Spoiler

Image result for ì¬íë¶ å¸æ²åºå

Saheonbu site marker in Gwanghwamun Square.

It is one of the reason why Min Jin Heon is the Minister of Personnel because his portfolio control Samsa (삼사, 三司, three Censorate Offices) which includes Office of Inspector General (Saheonbu, 사헌부), Office of Censors (Saganwon, 사간원) & Office of Special Advisors (Hongmungwan·홍문관).

Related image

6cho.jpg?type=w2

The Joseon Ministries offices & bureau stands at both sides of what is today Gwanghwamun Square. On the right side stood Uijeongbu (의정부 議政府, the State Council), Yejo (예조 禮曹, the Ministry of Rites), Ijo (이조 吏曹, Ministry of Personnel, Min Jin Heon's Ministry),  Hojo (호조 戶曹 the Ministry of Taxation), Hanseongbu (한성부 漢城府, Capital Magistracy) & Giroso (기로소, 耆老所, the Office of Elders). 

On the left  were Samgunbu (삼군부 三軍府, Three Armies Command), Jungchubu (중추부 中樞府, the Office of Ministers-without-Portfolio), Saheonbu (사헌부 司憲府, the Office of Inspector-General), Byeongjo (병조 兵曹 ,the Ministry of Military Affairs), Hyeongjo (형조 刑曹, the Ministry of Justice), and Gongjo (공조 工曹, the Ministry of Public Works).

Since the reign of Gwanghaegun, Gyeongbokgung palace is no longer the primary ruling palace. Changdeokgung palace is.....

4 hours ago, mari_may said:

oh, i'm reading that Go Ara was offered in july the role and Haechi was supposed to air "sometime in September".

i wonder if before Jung Il woo, others actors were offered. thus the delay.

but seem the quality of drama, was kind of a good thing the production slow down.

Hello! If I remember it right, I have read in Jung Il Woo's interview that he's been offered the role in Haechi 6 months before his military discharge in November 30 2018, and still considering that time, so probably the role of Prince Yeoning is already offered to him wayback june or july 2018 

I love Il Woo and Ara much. That's why I'm so happy to know that the two works together in a drama. And they haven't disappointed me. Their presentations are so good and their chemistry is no joke.

Thanks for all information about Ara.

Of course her health is the most important thing, but I still hope that she will stay with this drama till the end. Praying for that. Ara really shines in YJ role. It's a pity if she has to stop in the middle. I hope they will not cut off her time or change script so much that we can not recognise our heroines.

@yoo1 and @Yahna thank you. and yes, i'm also relieved that the writer didn't put a love triangle.

i just hope we got to see more of Yeo-Ji as much we're seeing Moon Soo and now Dal Moon.

I apologise for my annoyance. i just wanna see more of the ladies charcters general.

So Ara's injury seems pretty bad :tears:. I pray, pray for a speedy and miraculous recovery for her. Of all injuries, why is it have to be the leg. Just like @oceluna, I hope that wouldn't be a reason for them to revise her parts, even though she's not actually a historical figure, but she's a very significant character as well. I too like you @mari_may always love to watch female characters most especially if they're written well. Surprisingly, I don't find any of the female characters annoying, well, maybe just a little bit with Yeoning's wife..ha ha. But I still understand where she's coming from.

Btw, was Ara's leg injury from Reply drama happened during the drama?

@yoo1 We need to prepare as early as now for that heartbreak..lol. The OTP name is quite weird right, "YeoYeo". I was also glad that there isn't any love triangle here, I was convinced when I was introduced to the other characters that there won't be anyone except YN who'll be interested in YJ. I can see how Moon Soo will be the protective 'hyung' for Yeoji if he discovers YN is interested in her. Maybe we can see some of his comical side saying "Even though you are my brother, I won't easily give YJ to you, I don't wanna see her get hurt"...or something like that..ha ha. Or, he could totally be onboard with them immediately :kiss_wink:.

@gerrytan8063 Thanks for all the info. Yoon Young looks different for me in that makeup so I was confused for a moment..ha ha..

Annyeong to all the new chingus here! Nice to see you here :).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308971wpp/go-ara-to-be-hospitalized-for-treatment-after-ankle-injury-on-set-of-haechi

Why do I have a bad feeling about this...

20190309-172158.png

I hope the discussing matters part is not actually lessening her screen time, cause I'm gonna flip tables if that is so...ha ha. Just when I am enjoying it. I've already been burned about a main lead withdrawing from a drama that has a potential to be amazing (coughs *Time). I don't wanna feel that again :neutral:.

credit to owner

This actually shows how committed she is to her every character :). She is my kind of a girl.

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Btw, was Ara's leg injury from Reply drama happened during the drama?

Yes. The leg injury happened originally when she did a stunt in her film. And then the following year, when she shoot the running scene in Reply94 her same leg was injured. 

True her character is fictional but thinking the plot without Go Ara as Yeoji... it will never be the same. 

But on top of everything, I hope she will be okay and that she will regain her strength and be fully recovered. Health is wealth.  

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

We need to prepare as early as now for that heartbreak..lol. The OTP name is quite weird right, "YeoYeo".

Now my heart is breaking, chingu :bawling: 

The "YeoYeo" is the cutest weird love team name LOL. 

7 hours ago, oceluna said:

I love Il Woo and Ara much. That's why I'm so happy to know that the two works together in a drama. And they haven't disappointed me. Their presentations are so good and their chemistry is no joke.

Thanks for all information about Ara.

Of course her health is the most important thing, but I still hope that she will stay with this drama till the end. Praying for that. Ara really shines in YJ role. It's a pity if she has to stop in the middle. I hope they will not cut off her time or change script so much that we can not recognise our heroines.

Super agree... 

@mari_may

8 hours ago, Yahna said:

When Ara was offered, I don't remember there's already another cast whi received the offer... But all I know, the first name that surfaced to be in the cast is Go Ara, during Miss Hammurabi. 

Here's an article back in June2018

https://www.soompi.com/article/1181747wpp/go-ara-talks-new-historical-drama

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308971wpp/go-ara-to-be-hospitalized-for-treatment-after-ankle-injury-on-set-of-haechi

Why do I have a bad feeling about this...

I hope the discussing matters part is not actually lessening her screen time, cause I'm gonna flip tables if that is so...ha ha. Just when I am enjoying it. I've already been burned about a main lead withdrawing from a drama that has a potential to be amazing (coughs *Time). I don't wanna feel that again :neutral:.

credit to owner

This actually shows how committed she is to her every character :). She is my kind of a girl.

I try translate malay word to english word... 

Our sky and earth pray to you.. Get well soon..miss u.. :bawling::heart:

Episode 8 (15-16) is really intense and I felt all the emotions, plus so much happenings in just one hour hehe, anyway these are my fave scenes in that episode:

- When Dal moon agreed to join and walk the same path with Prince Yeoning

- All yeoyeo couple scenes especially when Yeoji said to YN that "it is fortunate that Im the one who got hurt, not you"

- the scene when the king confronts Yeoning about his true intentions to be the king, and YN requesting him to indict him for treason, if he thinks that way

- the announcement of King's guards that prince Yeoning is the crown prince, the emotions of all the cast esp. the prince are perfect, I nearly cried in that scene 

3 hours ago, yoo1 said:

Yes. The leg injury happened originally when she did a stunt in her film. And then the following year, when she shoot the running scene in Reply94 her same leg was injured. 

True her character is fictional but thinking the plot without Go Ara as Yeoji... it will never be the same. 

But on top of everything, I hope she will be okay and that she will regain her strength and be fully recovered. Health is wealth.  

Now my heart is breaking, chingu :bawling: 

The "YeoYeo" is the cutest weird love team name LOL. 

Oh wow..so it's like this is the third time she's injured in the same leg?  Well, third's time a charm ^^...just trying to be very optimistic about her condition. But during the Reply 1994 drama, did it affect her scenes? Am sure it was okay since she doesn't need to do any action scenes, so Haechi is an exception though since she has to on some parts. Yeah, we need OTP scenes from now on to heal our hearts :D.

2 hours ago, Yahna said:

Episode 8 (15-16) is really intense and I felt all the emotions, plus so much happenings in just one hour hehe, anyway these are my fave scenes in that episode:

- When Dal moon agreed to join and walk the same path with Prince Yeoning

- All yeoyeo couple scenes especially when Yeoji said to YN that "it is fortunate that Im the one who got hurt, not you"

- the scene when the king confronts Yeoning about his true intentions to be the king, and YN requesting him to indict him for treason, if he thinks that way

- the announcement of King's guards that prince Yeoning is the crown prince, the emotions of all the cast esp. the prince are perfect, I nearly cried in that scene 

I share the same fave scenes with you^^, and then some. I would also include the fights, esp. of YJ. What YJ said to YN somehow sounds 'romantic' in a way for me, despite YJ not having any romantic feelings (yet) for YN :wub:.

Yeah I like the same scenes too (sorry I don't know how to mention you here). And I add 1 little thing more. When YJ wakes up and the first thing she asks is "how's the prince?". It's romantic too. They care a lot of each other but haven't aware their loves yet :) . They may need help from DM :)

1 hour ago, oceluna said:

Yeah I like the same scenes too (sorry I don't know how to mention you here). And I add 1 little thing more. When YJ wakes up and the first thing she asks is "how's the prince?". It's romantic too. They cares a lot of each other but haven't aware their loves yet :) . They may need help from DM :)

Oh yeah, that one, too!...she was more worried about YN than herself. She also had that moment with Moon Soo, when he rescued her, she ask him if he's hurt when she was the one in an injured condition. Such a selfless character.

Who were you planning to mention? If you want to mention someone here, you just type (@) and then the username :D.

Archived