[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

Although the drama is said "Based on historical events, reconstruction & casting liberties are taken for entertainment purpose"

History lesson

Age Gap

Haechi0102-00230-1-1.jpg

Queen Dowager Inwon (1687-1757) 

Haechi1516-00167.jpg

Yi Yun aka Gyeongjong (1688-1724)

Haechi1516-00169.jpg

Yi Geum aka Yeongjo (1694-1776)

Queen Dowager Inwon, Sukjong 3rd Queen is 7 years older than Yeongjo & a year older than Gyeongjong. In 1702, Queen Inwon married Sukjong when she was 15 & Sukjong then was already 42. In 1703, Queen Inwon adopted Gyeongjong & Yeongjo as her sons

Queen Inwon support Yeongjo out of gratitude as in 1711, she came down with smallpox & Yeongjo's mother Royal Noble Consort Sukbin (maybe she already had smallpox immunity) stay at her side to nurse her with common folk remedies & survives.

Even political wise, if I was Queen Inwon, I will put my bet on Yeongjo for my longevity of my Queenship. Gyeongjong was of ill health & said to suffer sterility (in Dong Yi, he was said to had Mumps & consequences was sterility). Others rumour is that when his mother Jang Ok Jung was sentence to death, she use him as a shield & in the process injured his chance for posterity.

Earlier in the drama, Crown Prince is support by Namin Faction which supported Jang Hee Bin, his mother, but lost political dominance after she was deposed as Queen but retain her Consortship 

Political Parties 

During the reign of Sukjong, Namin & Seoin were the political faction that tussle for political dominance which end up in bloody purges or change of governance with death & exiles. It is of no help when Sukjong shift political alliance as his whims chose by playing one side to another. Min Jin Heon hated him for that. Queen Inhyeon, Sukjong 2nd Queen & Min Jin Heon's sister & later Queen Inwon were from the Seoin faction & maintain political dominance 

Later in Sukjong reign, in 1683, the Seoin faction split what is in the drama Noron & Soron factions (this is why they are still cordial to one another). Namin faction disappear into the woodwork.

When Gyeongjong ascended the throne, he was supported by Soron. When Yeongjo ascended the throne with Noron support but Yeongjo was always wary on Noron dominance in Court & try bring a balance with Soron in governance. Yeongjo exercise a policy of impartiality

In Yi In Jwa Revolt of 1728, which lasted 4 days, that place Prince Milpunggun as King, it was the Soron who suppress the revolt, although Yi In Jwa was said to be from a "rogue" Soron faction. Yeongjo entrust the moderate Soron especially Yi Gwang Jwa (Im Ho) to suppress the revolt, not to render benefit to the Noron

But feuding factions don't learn their lesson, Soron decides to support on Crown Prince Sado which we know ends up in disaster

Namin makes a political comeback under the reign of Jeongjo when Jeongjo tutor & Crown Prince Sado friend later Prime Minister Chae Je Gong was from the Namin faction

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EPISODE HIGHLIGHTS~~~

20190314-150455.png

"It might be because of the peasant blood flowing through my veins. What caused her such pain? What made her hold that knife? Before accusing them of their crime, I wanted to find that out first."

I was actually crying when YN said those words because this is very true in this world we live in of why people commit something, before condemning them, we should first understand the very root cause of it (sorry am just too emotional while writing this because of what's happening around me :D). But at the same time, we shouldn't turn a blind eye.

The case in this episode is really complicated. And I agree that the decision YN made isn't an easy one, since there's a big consequence attached to it. Now, people are taking advantage of this situation and ganging up against him. As of now, there aren't any established ally that supports YN directly except YJ, MS, DM and the two guys (sorry forgot their names again). And also Inspector Yoon.

20190314-150550.png

I am glad that the King is on YN's side, tho. Like when he said from the previous episode, "That's why I can't trust the Crown Prince's ambitions. But he at least deserves a chance. Shouldn't he at least get a chance?" He actually listens to what YN says. A good king knows how to listen.

Haechi-E19-E20-197605-mp4-360-3.gif

Glad to see YN's smile and jokes around in this serious episode...

Spoiler

Haechi-E19-E20-197605-mp4-360-4.gif

Haechi-E19-E20-197605-mp4-360-5.gif

And both of them smiling...just warms my heart^^...

Spoiler

Haechi-E19-E20-197605-mp4-360-6.gif

I always love Moon Soo's scene..ha ha..yeah, tell him, Moon Soo. Bark like a dog!

Spoiler

Haechi-E19-E20-197605-mp4-360-7.gif

I always admire YN's compassion, this is one of his great traits and strengths, but it could be his weakness all together down the road.

I was expecting to see more of Yoon Young and DM's past because of the case in this episode, but I didn't. Hope we'll get there soon. Yeoji's as well. Because up until now, we still have no idea of their background story.

Now, I wonder how our gang is gonna turn the tables in the next episode. Not sure if YN will actually be dethroned.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, oceluna said:

Ah any news about Ara, dear chingus? I'm afraid that we will not see much screentime of her in some next episodes. Hope she recover well and back to drama. I miss her already.

Heard Ara's coming back! :heart: I hope she's really ok

@yoo1 so so happy to hear that. Thanks for the news chingu. 

@lightbringer06 thanks for your highlights. I love all the gifs you posted, especially yeoyeo couple moments. Their smiles while they are standing face to face like a breeze in an intense summer day :). And chingu, whatever makes you upset today, hope you alright. Cheer up!!!

@yoo1 Oh, thank you so much, chingu! I'm glad she can start taping again, hope she's recovered and all. But is newsen a reliable source, btw? Just curious^^.

@oceluna I am glad to know you love the gifs, I want to capture the beautiful moments so I always share it :D.

Thank you to the both of you, chingu-deuls, I needed that cheer!^^..coming here to read comments is one of the things that provides me such relief :kiss_wink:.

@lightbringer06 @oceluna you're welcome.... happy to share, chingus! :)

I believe newsen is a legit news site, since it is used as source for many platforms and blogs like soompi. But wondering the news still not spreading. btw, I'm positive Go Ara is recovering and will be coming back. :heart:

Back to Haechi... what Minister Min had done?! Now this proves he is truly very dangerous, knowing he is in lower position than before. Can't wait for the next episodes. And hoping for more DM backstory and YJ too. 

Happy weekend chingus! Thank you for sharing updates and your views about this drama. 

@yoo1 Yeah, the news isn't spreading, I've been waiting for any news about her. But am glad she'll be back. Thank you again! :D

Here's a new BTS :wub:...our "YeoYeo"..

Now that I'm shipping YeoYeo..I don't know if it's safe to ship Il Woo and Ara as well^^. They don't give us enough BTS of them as I wanna see them off screen. I wish this was airing in TVN :D.

@lightbringer06 but I already ship them. :scream::wub: Thank you for sharing their bts vid... so cute! 

So later part of their bts, Jung IlWoo is teasing Go Ara?! :wub: He had tried to do this in Running Man, when asked who among his co-stars made his heart flutter. He answered for him it's Go Ara. But the moment was interrupted because of RM love team Ji Hyo and Jung Kook. Ara was relieved I guess. 

Thanks @Yongzura for sharing the article.... Thanks to soompi for the translation 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1310709wpp/watch-jung-il-woo-and-go-ara-are-playful-and-adorable-behind-the-scenes-of-haechi

Sorry guys for focusing on the yeoyeo romance. I know Haechi is not a love story but can't ignore their chemistry. 

On 3/15/2019 at 6:42 AM, yoo1 said:

Back to Haechi... what Minister Min had done?! Now this proves he is truly very dangerous, knowing he is in lower position than before. Can't wait for the next episodes. And hoping for more DM backstory and YJ too. 

Well it seems he is trying to get back into the "high and mighty power" that he had lost.  By bringing in the girl it looks as though he's the one who is trying to solve the cases.  Though we know it's not just about the murder crime but also the "human trafficking".

A few more days to go.

10 hours ago, yoo1 said:

but I already ship them. :scream::wub: Thank you for sharing their bts vid... so cute! 

So later part of their bts, Jung IlWoo is teasing Go Ara?! :wub: He had tried to do this in Running Man, when asked who among his co-stars made his heart flutter. He answered for him it's Go Ara. But the moment was interrupted because of RM love team Ji Hyo and Jung Kook. Ara was relieved I guess. 

Ha ha...I thought you might just be shipping them as YeoYeo^^. Yeah, me too. I'm betraying the LAra couple..now shifting to WooRa? :D

Oh yeah, I watched that RM episode as well...I wonder which scene made his heart flutter :wub:. Yes, he was teasing her in the BTS, saying YeoJi is pretty, although Ara doesn't seem to believe him^~^. Remember on the first part of that RM episode as well when Ara said "saranghae" to Jo In Sung?..ha ha...and then Il Woo said, he feels like crying :tounge_xd:.

I hope MJH won't use the girl, but judging from the preview, she might have confessed she did it...thus we have this scene..

20190316-210007.gif

Annyeong!  :)

Like everyone on this thread, I'm watching this drama and currently looking forward to its succeeding episodes.  I'm not familiar with most of the actors playing in it, except for Go Ara, whom I saw previously in "Hwarang", and I didn't really like the way her character was developed in that drama.  

I've heard and read about King Yeongjo, but my knowledge about him stems from the 2011 drama "Dong Yi" which, funny enough, I've only seen last year.  I liked that drama very much and found myself very much surprised that the premise of it was based on real occurrences in Joseon history.  This is why I decided to watch "Haechi" because I want to see the story of the son that came of the union between King Sukjong and his lowborn beloved consort, Choi Sukbin.

So far, I'm liking what I see.  I like all of the main characters and find the villains quite interesting as well.  I may not agree with their motivations and methods, but I do like the fact that they're not one-dimensional.  I hope the drama becomes more interesting as it goes along and that the characters are threshed out more fully.  From what I read, the writer is the same one that wrote "Dong Yi".  This drama isn't going to be as long as that one, but just the same, I hope the writer and director are able to develop the story very well

Looking forward to chatting and sharing thoughts with everyone here.  :D

@akhenaten hello there, chingu! Welcome to this thread. :) I first heard about Haechi when offered to Go Ara during (or while airing) Miss Hammurabi and I became interested because of her role as a damo. Then the news that the male lead would be Jung Il-Woomade me even more excited. But things got me thrilled when I heard the story of Haechi is related to Dongyi. I also watched that drama, and even loved all of the actors. Compared to Dongyi, Haechi is fast paced and the plot is darker, but at the same time it has more comic sides. I hope so the development will be more and more interesting. And Yeoji's role would remain daebak as how it started. *off-thread-topic* Speaking of Hwarang, I enjoyed it as a whole but would admit Ahro role has a poor character development compared to other roles played by Go Ara, especially when compared to her recent ones, Black's Haram and Judge Park in Ms. Hammurabi. So I hope Yeoji character will follow the latter. :sweatingbullets:

@lightbringer06 Can I ship both? Don't sue me, Judge Im :D 

The RM guesting.... yeah I laughed at il-woo when he said he felt crying. Ara is too honest to mention Jo In-sung. And what does she mean "passionate" romance genre? Il-Woo's reaction when she says that, he is blushing while saying lots of kissing scenes (something like that). :P:D 

22 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

.I wonder which scene made his heart flutter :wub:.

I think he mentioned the first taping or the first scene they did together... RM hosts should asked them further but the focus shifted to their resident love team. 

23 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I hope MJH won't use the girl, but judging from the preview, she might have confessed she did it...thus we have this scene..

On 3/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, Yongzura said:

Well it seems he is trying to get back into the "high and mighty power" that he had lost.  By bringing in the girl it looks as though he's the one who is trying to solve the cases.  Though we know it's not just about the murder crime but also the "human trafficking".

A few more days to go

Yeoning is wise but the old Minister Min is wiser :angry:

Can't wait what will happen next. We are left in a cliffhanger! 

12 hours ago, yoo1 said:

Yeoning is wise but the old Minister Min is wiser :angry:

Can't wait what will happen next. We are left in a cliffhanger! 

Well at least it let him knows that he still need to be aware of the danger that this man can do to him. 

Oh it's Monday :blush:

Credit to the owner

Archived