[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah.. Need to wait 2 days because oustation... Yeah me crazy to wait again... 

i read in here just hope that will not have triangle love situation.I just want brothers relationship except YN and YJ:wub:... LoL

@oceluna

"Sorry to ask you this. But "sanggung" what does it mean? Concubine?"

No yet.....at the moment, Ha Cho Hong designation of Sanggung (상궁 尙宮) is more Yi Geum's Lady in Waiting/Palace Court Lady or female version of Jeeves the Valet that manage & attend to his personal affairs e.g. clothing & appearance & etc. Title Dae Ryeok Sang gung (대령상궁,待令尙宮) or Jimil Sang Gung (지밀상궁, 至密尙宮)  which have the officialdom 5th rank (정5품 正五品).

In order for her to enter as Consort, she needs to enter Naemyeongbu (내명부, 內命婦)'s Naegwan (내관, 內官 Royal Consorts with officialdom 4th rank & above), at the moment she is a gunggwan (궁관, 宮官, Palace Court Ladies officialdom from 5th to 9th)

Misuri (무수리), the former rank of Royal Noble Consort Sukbin of Choe clan was 9th rank

Footnote: Palace Court Ladies are consider The King's Woman. If the Court Lady whatever the rank receive the effectual sign of grace & favour e.g. bedfellow from the King known as Seung Eun (승은,承恩). For example if Gyeongjong grant Ha Cho Hong "Seung Eun, there is nothing that Yi Geum can do, even though Ha Cho Hong is his household staff. 

Ja Dong, Yi Geum's private residence personal aide now runs Aek Jeong Seo (액정서,掖庭署, Bureau of Royal Messengers), the office that run the Crown Prince household affairs

Why am I feeling some hints of love triangle by watching the recent scenes between YJ and MS? I want to ignore it but.... :sweatingbullets::huh: am I the only one seeing this? I really love the brotherhood relationship between the 3 main characters. And based on the character chart, there is no such love triangle. Can someone enlighten me, pls? :D

The yeo yeo couple is way the cutest love team because they are both innocent without becoming annoying. :wub: With YG trying to refrain his feelings and YJ being clueless all the time... and that "Do I look woman" part :blush: 

YG and MS both have a hard time now,  and I admire our crown prince for being cool in facing his situation. On the other hand, it's good MS has YJ and the gang with him to back him up.

DM's story is getting more interesting, too. Want to know more about his past. Maybe YJ's new task will be one key to know that? And, gosh, what will happen to YG now?! After being told to "not do anything" but "prove himself to be a king material." Trouble! 

Btw, can't find anything about Park Moon-soo's family background... Did he have family or will be having a family, like wife and children? 

Episode 9

Crown Prince Yi Geum is "shock" to see Yeo Ji in a "qipao" furthermore the notice of the high slit

The Chinese Qipao (旗袍) was originally loose fitting attire but the one that Yeo Ji is wearing "figure hugging high slit" is a 1920s Shanghai invention. A popular culture when a woman is seen wearing such an attire, it is a stereotype depiction as seductive 

The Chinese Qipao in the 18th century should be.....

Related image

It will not pass the Confucian minded Yi Geum & in turn make an excuse for her to wear the Japanese kimono (all wrap up attire) which have his approval

A background story worth knowing

The girl Go Mi who was punished harshly & banished by Yun Yeong from Prime Minister household & was saved by Dal Moon 

Is she the same girl dressed as a man that went to the brothel & stabbed an official & have a tattoo "殺主" (살주, to kill the Master) on her back & left Yi Geum with a dead corpse

The new thug in town Do Ji Gwang (도지광) who open a new brothel in Nak Seon Bang (낙선방,樂善坊, presently Euljiro 4-ga 을지로4가 area) speak with a saturi & goes "upheavel" Dal Moon's territory, seem to be looking for someone, also running the human trafficking racket

@yoo1

"Btw, can't find anything about Park Moon-soo's family background... Did he have family or will be having a family, like wife and children? "

You need to look at Park Munsu or Bak Munsu (박문수, 朴文秀; 1691–1756). He is from Goryeong Park clan (고령 박씨, 高靈 朴氏). He was married but didn't mentioned any children but he had descendants

ë°ë¬¸ì ì´ì (보물 ì 1189-1í¸)

Spoiler

A report that Park Munsu discovered letters & some personal letter from Yeongjo regarding his great trust in his Secret Inspector

Park Mun Su 8th generation descendant was interview

Haechi doesn't disappoint!! :D

Episode HIGHLIGHTs ~~

"The reason I can't acknowledge you is not because you're a peasant's son. It's in competence and not in blood."

20190312-181830.png

20190312-182038.png

"Don't do anything, but prove I'm king material?"

20190312-182428.png

"YeoYeo Moments" :wub:...

Haechi-Episode-17-18-5.gif

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-6.gif

Yeoning taking another look at YJ's leg...ha ha..I see you there^^.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-8.gif

YN being a little 'overprotective' not wanting YJ to wear that sexy outfit :wub:...

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-9.gif

From this episode, I realized how the male characters are portrayed pure and innocent....except Ah Bong seems to catch on YN's feelings for JY...look at Yoon Hyuk^^

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-4.gif

I kinda understand those people worried there might be a love triangle because look at Moon Soo here..never seen that look from him before..

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-11.gif

And then this moment...^-^.

Haechi-Episode-17-18-14.gif

And the Qing Ren moment ^^...aigoo, YJ-ya, you should have explained to him what it means..

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-13.gif

And the HUG!!!..that wrist grab hug that I'll be waiting for tonight :D..

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-17-18-15.gif

6 hours ago, yoo1 said:

Why am I feeling some hints of love triangle by watching the recent scenes between YJ and MS? I want to ignore it but.... :sweatingbullets::huh: am I the only one seeing this? I really love the brotherhood relationship between the 3 main characters. And based on the character chart, there is no such love triangle. Can someone enlighten me, pls? :D

The yeo yeo couple is way the cutest love team because they are both innocent without becoming annoying. :wub: With YG trying to refrain his feelings and YJ being clueless all the time... and that "Do I look woman" part :blush: 

I, for one, do not see it as a love triangle. The way i see it is that MS cares for YJ as a younger "brother" and now as a younger sister after seeing her in kimono.

I m tired of Go Ara's character falling in love with her fake brother. So, please no more of the same old story.

Ep 9 is still good but a bit slow comparing to ep 8. 

Also, it s nice to see other damo in the background and YJ is not the only one.

16 minutes ago, star2010 said:

I, for one, do not see it as a love triangle. The way i see it is that MS cares for YJ as a younger "brother" and now as a younger sister after seeing her in kimono.

I m tired of Go Ara's character falling in love with her fake brother. So, please no more of the same old story.

Ep 9 os still goof but a bit slow comparing to ep 8. 

Also, it s nice to see other damo in the background and YJ is not the only one.

I agree with you. I don't see PMS attracted by YJ... He treats her like his sister, whereas YN perceived her as a woman from the start.

Who watched the episode and would want to spoil it for me? :D

44 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Very confusing, i’m shipping YJ with YN, but i also shipping her with MS :sweatingbullets:

Ha ha..realistically, an ending of YJ and MS is also plausible given YN and JY surely won't end up together, you know, since he'll be the king and pretty sure YJ won't end up as a concubine^^.

But I am all for YeoYeo all the way!!!...I just think it could be another option of pairing in the end...if the ending is indeed not YeoYeo..unless the writer will all surprise us. There's just so little chance given this is based from history -_-.....just my thoughts!

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

Very confusing, i’m shipping YJ with YN, but i also shipping her with MS :sweatingbullets:

IKR?

Being with MS will be some happily ever after for us because nobody dies.

Being with YN? I thought we are all preparing to cry a river for this doomed relationship? :sweatingbullets:

But honestly, I doubt there will be a love triangle.

Even if MS is to eventually fall in love with YJ, if he understands that YJ and YN are in love... he will not come between them or make his feelings known.

He will most probably be the silent admirer / protector for YJ.

Maybe a frustrating scene for some but I can see the reality of it. I mean... how do you go about it? Would one be easily willing to rat out a peasant girl sold as a slave? Murder is wrong but the situation's a bit more complex than him being able to say "yeah, it wasn't me, it was this slave girl, she even has a tattoo/branding for a crime of murdering her master. How dare she, right?", with her being only 12-13. And moral dilemma aside, there was a ton of chaos over that same kind of event(with the slaves' organization) in the former king's reign, as yi geum mentions. 

Spoiler

And when they realized the other murders were all committed by children...damn. The scene where the girl was confessing to yi geum was the best. And kwon yul's scene at the end! His lines are the best. 

Yi geum's desire to understand the [common] people was wonderfully portrayed here. And omg, that girl with minister min(kidnapped?)! 

Anyways. The BGM(seriously, A+ to the music PD), the tension in this series is so great. 

4 hours ago, spark101 said:

Maybe a frustrating scene for some but I can see the reality of it. I mean... how do you go about it? Would one be easily willing to rat out a peasant girl sold as a slave? Murder is wrong but the situation's a bit more complex than him being able to say "yeah, it wasn't me, it was this slave girl, she even has a tattoo/branding for a crime of murdering her master. How dare she, right?", with her being only 12-13. And moral dilemma aside, there was a ton of chaos over that same kind of event(with the slaves' organization) in the former king's reign, as yi geum mentions. 

Hide contents

And when they realized the other murders were all committed by children...damn. The scene where the girl was confessing to yi geum was the best. And kwon yul's scene at the end! His lines are the best. 

Yi geum's desire to understand the [common] people was wonderfully portrayed here. And omg, that girl with minister min(kidnapped?)! 

Anyways. The BGM(seriously, A+ to the music PD), the tension in this series is so great. 

I agree about the moral dilemma here. YG is smart  and logical; however, he is not emotionless. He knows well that murder is wrong and the girl should be punished. Yet, he also remembers how the gvt can abuse their power and treat people like dirt.

[

Spoiler

it was a wonderful scene. it captures YG's emotion and desire to be a good king so well

It s also impressive that how MS, YJ, and YG are still believe in government institutes like Saheonbu, just not the people who run them.

OK, when I watched preview again and again, I knew that the hug was not romantic as I expected because of YJ expression. I thought that YN took this opportunity to tell her something. But when I watch the episode, why do I still think that it's an emotional hug in some way? Hahaha, poor a YeoYeo couple fan like me :). Now not only DM, and then the former Minister of Personnel (I forgot his new position), but also everyone knows that YN likes YJ :) Of course not in the proper way.

Oh now it's more interesting. I feel that this week will be much longer as usual. How can I get out of this obsession? I may find some dramas to fill my emptiness this week :(

thank you for history infos as always @gerrytan8063 B) It make our watching more interesting

@star2010 @bebebisous33 well, thanks guys, that's a relief. I ship their "brotherhood" so much. :sweatingbullets::wub:I'm also for YeoYeo couple all the way @lightbringer06 though I'm getting myself ready for a heartbreak in the end. I just thought also, if ever YJ didn't end up with YG, they'll live apart and YJ will continue her duty, and there MS will enter, because YG will rely on him to look after YJ. Whether MS and YJ will remain as siblings, that is the path that I can foresee. And no deaths please... 

14 hours ago, star2010 said:

yes. I agree. But seems either way it's happening...  with Yeoning. He is also like a brother to her,  but also there are hints she is starting to feel attraction.  But not to MS. She remains caring for him as a brother figure. 

There is one thing I always like about Go Ara's drama when it comes to love story: her character stays loyal to her first love. 

Leaving the topic about romance, which is a sub topic for this drama, thank goodness the latest episodes are giving us tidbits of YJ's backstory. 

Do you think she is related with yeon young and Dal moon? 

I also can't wait how our crown prince will be able to save those children and himself - and that part when he says, no side/place is in favor of him. Our poor prince... 

3 hours ago, oceluna said:

OK, when I watched preview again and again, I knew that the hug was not romantic as I expected because of YJ expression. I thought that YN took this opportunity to tell her something. But when I watch the episode, why do I still think that it's an emotional hug in some way? Hahaha, poor a YeoYeo couple fan like me :). Now not only DM, and then the former Minister of Personnel (I forgot his new position), but also everyone knows that YN likes YJ :) Of course not in the proper way.

Oh now it's more interesting. I feel that this week will be much longer as usual. How can I get out of this obsession? I may find some dramas to fill my emptiness this week :(

The YeoYeo couple, why are you making us feel like this?! :D:wub:

@yoo1 yeah, I feel the same. May be her father investigated the same case in the late King times. And may be that's why he was killed. It may relate to little DM and YY as well. I hope through this case, we will know more details of YJ and DM backgrounds.

Ah any news about Ara, dear chingus? I'm afraid that we will not see much screentime of her in some next episodes. Hope she recover well and back to drama. I miss her already.

5 hours ago, oceluna said:

Yes, it was not that romantic if you first see it but I thought it was emotional too at the same time because he was crying when he saw them hurt again, MS's hurt arm, YJ's hand still bleeding and her saying to him it's just merely scratches. So I think that's why he hugged her, but also taking the chance to tell her about what he knows. Still, that was a bold move from his part being the crown prince and all, in front of so many officials, to hug her like that. So as you say, yeah, it's an indirect way of saying to them he likes her :wub:.

Try to watch other dramas to distract yourself, that's my plan cause I've been obsessed with this as well..ha ha. I will try and start this Cdrama Goodbye My Princess.

@yoo1 I know! There's no escaping the YeoYeo couple now :P...aigoo...

@spark101 Looks like the other rival dramas have been taking some of the ratings..

Archived