[Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2, 으라차차 와이키키2

0ly40

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The only one who doesn't get a mention is Doo Shik, though I'm hoping that he's a screenwriter working with DG.

Maybe because his DUI case he didn't get mention. You know, when an artist got trouble breaking the laws or something, some of tv stations in South Korea banned or even delete the footage of the artist from their broadcast / videos in their official page.

As previously shared by @MarianM I just wanted to add link for the OST album.

Here is the link for Naver Music ->> 으라차차 와이키키 2 OST Part 1, WAIKIKI 

And here is the link for Melon Music ->> 으라차차 와이키키 2 OST Part 1, WAIKIKI

I do also hope the OST will be available on spotify. :bawling: 

[UPDATE - Rating ep.1]

According to this post,

The rating for 1st episode is 2.118%, higher compared to the first season. Last season, the rating for the 1st episode was 1.7%

Soompi Article!

“Welcome To Waikiki 2” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than Season 1

Mar 26, 2019
by E. Cha

Welcome to Waikiki 2” is off to a strong start!

The highly-anticipated second season of the hit JTBC drama “Welcome to Waikiki” premiered on March 25, and the drama is already performing even better than it did during its first season.

The first episode of “Welcome to Waikiki 2” scored an average viewership rating of 2.118 percent nationwide, marking a considerable increase from Season 1’s premiere, which scored an average of 1.7 percent.

The March 25 premiere of the second season introduced viewers to Cha Woo Shik (played by Kim Seon Ho) and Kook Ki Bong (played by Shin Hyun Soo), the high school friends of Lee Joon Gi (played by Lee Yi Kyung, who is reprising his role from the first season). The episode also featured the three friends reuniting with Han Soo Yeon (played by Moon Ga Young), the first love of all three men.

The first episode of “Welcome to Waikiki 2” will soon be available with English subtitles on Viki. 

Source

Finally finished 1st episode. As someone who never watched the 1st season, I really like the 2nd season and I love that they sprinkled season 1 easter egg here and there but doesn’t mean we need to watch 1st season to really connect to the story and the character. 

The 1st episode was so funny. I LOL-ed so hard when Jun Ki’s foot got trapped in ceiling’s hole. At first it was only his foot up to ankle but slowly it just went out of control and his whole leg got trapped :joy: and the landlady and Woo Shik, Ki Bong’s “poo-ing accident”, and the 3-second memory director. :joy:

As for the female character, I like Soo Hee’s character rather than Moon Ga Young’s. But, it still in 1st episode so maybe eventually I will like her character too. Can’t wait for 2nd episode!

Just finished watching the 1st episode. For me who didn't watch the 1st season, the 1st episode of season 2 was hilarious enough.

Of course people couldn't help but comparing this one with the previous season despite the higher rating for the first ep. I think it's very common when a series is back with sequel, the viewers will compare the story, the chemistry, etc. Even some people give up watching before trying to watch. Saying why do the production team have to ruin the series with changing the casts, saying I miss the old casts, I won't watch it, I'll skip. Blablabla..

I read one - two disappointed comments here and there, but thankfully I think overall they enjoy it. Definitely, Lee Yi Kyung is still the icon of the drama :lol:. I don't know about the story from the previous season, but yes I do agree with @triplem they need to tighter the story for this one looking from the 1st episode. Some of the jokes also seem flat. Same with @stroppyse I hope the ws and landlady story, they wrap that plot soon. But I believe in the pd and the writers team, they have been working since the first season, they know what they want to achieve so I am looking forward to the improvement of the story.  To be honest, whatever happens.. I'll hang on till the end of the line! :ph34r: LOL. I'll watch till the end because of Kim Seon Ho (Yes. I am bias :phew:).

We haven't seen all the characters from the drama yet. We even haven't seen Cha Woo Ri in the 1st episode. It's not fair to say this time is better or worse just from one episode. Who knows the drama can be like Sky Castle, started with only 1.7% but finished with 23% rating. :D

In the interview, the Director said the three actors got scolded a lot by him but they are really working very hard. The PD tried to make the actors showing their hidden potential that they haven't shown. For me it can be one of the strong points of the drama. A lot of discussion between the staffs and the actors also can lead to the improvement of the story. Another strong points is the cameos. Like the first season, in the first ep we already seen many great actors as cameo. Joo Sang Wook, Oh Na Ra, Lee Si Eun we will be seeing them soon (I think in the 2nd ep). I do really hope Go Won Hee can make a special appearance, since she has special "connection" with Lee Yi Kyung and Kim Seon Ho. If the drama team accepts request "who you want to cameo", I definitely will request Son Ho Jun, Park Ho San, Lee Kyu Hyung, Bae Sung Woo, Kim Won Hae. LOL! I am too greedy. Well.. This is just the 1st episode. We still have so many episodes to be looking forward. I hope people enjoy laughing while watching the drama without being forced. :)

All the actors cameo for ep.1&2

P.S. I don't know it'll affect the rating or not because today at 8 pm (KST) there gonna be a football match between South Korea and Columbia.

I finally finished Episode 1. One thing that I noticed that both mini-episodes(?) that Wooshik has his own arc and Junki and Kibong are always together all the time. I hope we may see another 'unique' duo in the future. Poor Wooshik that he had a worst date and sang a wedding song in front of Sooyeon.

I read it somewhere that Yoori will appear in Ep 4 (probably that she left her job as a chef) and started living together with everyone else. I'm looking forward to this dysfunctional family though.

I'm more excited about the cameos! The show is all about the cameos! I wonder who'll appear next? I hope Go Wonhee and Lee Joowoo to reprise their roles. Jung Insun is a possibility, she may or may not shared scenes with Lee Yikyung although they ended in good terms.

45 minutes ago, MarianM said:

I read it somewhere that Yoori will appear in Ep 4 (probably that she left her job as a chef) and started living together with everyone else. I'm looking forward to this dysfunctional family though.

I'm more excited about the cameos! The show is all about the cameos! I wonder who'll appear next? I hope Go Wonhee and Lee Joowoo to reprise their roles. Jung Insun is a possibility, she may or may not shared scenes with Lee Yikyung although they ended in good terms.

Waaaa. I thought I heard wrong yesterday. She said she did come out this week in her v-live. But, ep 4? I can't wait to see the cha sibling!!!

Go Won Hee and Lee Joo Woo I have good feelings they'll make special appearance.

Anyway, just realized. Dong Goo becomes a successful director, but he didn't even scout Jun Ki or use him in his movies..! LOL!! :joy:

Oh my god the preview for ep.3!!! :joy:

Thanks for all the recaps and videos @triplem can't wait to watch it with english subtitle.

I don't know if it's good or bad, I only saw welcome waikiki2 trending no.19 on naver, but then later when I checked it's already gone. Let's check the rating tomorrow! Hoho.. I hope it's good or maybe increase, even just a little. Hehe..

Yessss.. Please. We need you here @stroppyse for translating the preview.. :kiss_closed:

Everybody has their own opinion.. :glasses:

Source

Original Article: [xsports news] 'Waikiki 2' Moon Gayoung's Wedding Cancelled... Begins To Live With Kim Sunho - Lee Leekyung - Shin Hyunsoo

*translating this pretty early, hence the low number of upvotes/reacts
Screen%2BShot%2B2019-03-26%2Bat%2B9.50.08%2BPM.png

1. +120, -2 It's definitely funner than yesterday's episode. Today was seriously funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. +64, -4 Today was really fun because there were cameos from musical actor Jun Sookyung and Oh Nara
3. +61, -1 Next week Kim Yewon will show up and I'm looking forward to it. Moon Gayoung's expressions are diverse and stable. I got to focus today so it was good and I wonder if the story will become richer and their chemistry will improve once Kim Yewon comes ㅋ It'll be perfect if Chewbacca makes a comeback here ㅠ
4. +36, -1 Waikiki's freaking fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. +33, -2 I feel like today's episode of Waikiki lacked some fresh and funny points... I hope starting from next week the characters will find their own seats..
6. +14, -0 It's definitely funner than yesterday ㅋ
7. +10, -1 Honestly it feels completely boring compared to the last season..
8. +15, -8 Moon Gayoung's acting is good and Sohee's acting is awkward
9. +7, -0 It's a little bit weaker compared to the first season : but I will still be watching it live next week

I'm ready for a second season of Waikiki! :)  I watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. I had doubts if this season would be able to live up the first season I loved so much. I am a bit on the fence, but the gags in the first episode kept me laughing and I am quite hopeful this season will deliver as much fun as the last one.

I don't want to rant too much how much I miss the old cast, but I really hope that Chewbacca and Soo-ah would make appearances! They were my favorite characters last season. I really liked Doo-shik too, but was quite shocked to learn that the actor playing him had run into some legal troubles. Yoo-na, Sol and Dong-gu were also enjoyable characters, and wouldn't mind them guest starring.

So far I liked the new male leads. I also loved that Jun-ki and Rebecca were still a tight couple. :D I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get know our new leading ladies yet in the first episode, but I hope the upcoming episodes will make up for it. 

It's nice to see some familiar names on this thread - I look forward to laugh together with you for the remainder of this show. :)  

Btw, does anyone know which guest stars are slated to appear this season?

3 hours ago, partyon said:

Btw, does anyone know which guest stars are slated to appear this season?

Next week will be Lee Si Eun. I think Shim Hyung Tak will also make special appearance. We will know about the other starts later I guess.

The official rating haven't out yet. But, according to this -> Newsen article

Ep.2 scored 1.769% (it's 1.8% according to Nielsen Korea). Like I said on my previous post, maybe the soccer game affected the rating. :o

Let me borrow Junki's word. Gwenchana.. Gwenchana.. LOL! :lol:

@triplem what will happen to us (the preview video) if @stroppyse only watch until episode 4? LOL..

@partyon Let's hang on till the end together! :D

I’m enjoying it too much ,  I feel like every scene deserves is own post , I can’t keep up with these guys , they are so funny :mrgreen:

Love mr dimple , how he want to do the right thing and follow his morals by telling her the true  , get scared by her 

8566E85F-6EFC-4C00-974E-03481E3614A6.gif

end every time leaning in her shoulder saying HOPE TIME STOPS FOR US AT THIS THIS MOMENT :joy:

but what the guy can do when she got these two :sweatingbullets:

4A7295BE-CEA8-49BF-95CC-4D5F13A24863.gif

Spoiler

69357D4E-6294-40C2-961C-73A3757EC1A3.gif

But the cherry on the top :joy:

His friend listing the advantage of dating her for real :mrgreen:

Spoiler

CB4245C4-D0C2-4BE5-822A-878C0A642907.jpg

.. wrinkles ,  yes wrinkles :joy:

@triplem now I am addicted to these guys :blush:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I agree. Actually it was the same with season 1 . People were also throwing potatoes at it in the beginning, but after awhile it gained a following. This sort of comedy -either you love it or hate it.

:lol:

More comments here . 

At least they said good things about LYK & Mr dimples (https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/welcome-to-waikiki-2-ep-2-spoilers-kim.html?m=1

9. [+46,-12]
Season 1 was better than 2 for Age of Youth too. Waikiki is the same. 

6. [+37,-0]
I like watching Lee Yi Kyung's acting. And why is Kim Sun Ho so handsome.. He was so handsome in '100 Days My Prince' too. I really like him here too. 

7. [+42,-13]
There are lots of people comparing this with season 1, but lots of people were saying how season 1 was exaggerating and boring at first too. Anyway, people who will be watching this will watch it.. I find this interesting. 

- I don't know much about season 1. But this time, if people throwing potatoes to them let me catch and make all those potatoes into croquettes (LOL! I don't even know how to cook):D.

- Look.. Never ending comparison from knetz. Hahaha.. We can't help, but I think every season has its own charms.

- Yeay! LYK & our Mr Dimples.. Thanks god they have positive opinions about them. Fyi, 15 from 20 videos from last night episode made it into TOP 100 naver TV. This season really ain't that bad. Trust me!  

It's been awhile for me to login and post in soompi forum. Thanks to Mr Dimple and Waikiki 2 for making me coming back here. :lol:

Let's laugh together until the last episode, guys!

And @Ameera Ali you are not the only one who addicts to these three musketeers. Me too! :w00t:

Anyway.. How many episodes the production staff are planning for this season? Only 16? Is it confirm?

@ixxdhx81, I think it's 16 eps... for now. Who knows that it might be extended like the 1st season? :)

Is it weird that they fixed Rebecca? She seems normal right now. I'm gonna miss the weirdo Rebecca. xD

I don't care about the haters, or peeps who can't stop comparing to S1 due to cast change, there is always a consequence when it comes to S2. Imagine if Dooshik joined S2 then he had problems that he no longer do S2. S2 will never happen. I'm satisfied that it's the same staffs who took part in the former will do it again. I'm excited to watch the gang until the last ep. .

Just finished watching ep.2.

Hmm.. I'll be honest, I laughed more when watching ep.1 rather than ep.2. :huh:

I think I couldn't agree more with @stroppyse the writers team need to change their writing style. I am confused actually, the main writer is still the same with the previous season. The director also still same. Maybe because the pressure from the highly expectation from the viewers, they seem trying so hard to surpass it. I hope they (the staffs and the actors) don't take it as a burden and just let it go so the drama can be as natural as possible.

And I hope you end up watching the series until the end. You watched the 1st series, right? :P

@MarianM Yes! True! Because haters will be haters. Then comes the never ending comparison.. :huh: Everybody has their opinions, I'll respect that.. Just don't like when the haters said don't watch it.. Better rewatch the 1st series. They judged the series even without watching it before. Huft.

Well.. Yeayyy! Let's watch the drama together until the very last episode. :D

I want to see Cha Sibling!!! Can't waaaaaiiiitttttt!! :tounge_xd:

%EA%B9%80%EC%98%88%EC%9B%90_(14).jpg?typ

OMG the pee holding scene was super hilarious. I felt bad for him but i can’t help but laugh. I seiously can watch him for an hour just watching him holding his pee. :lol:

And when I thought Woo Shik was the “normal” one, turns out he is weird as well. No normal people can be part of this waikiki world :sweat_smile:

And the cameos here :thumbsup:Joo Sang Wook and Si Eon. I hope to see more cameos in the future episodes. :love:

Archived