[Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2, 으라차차 와이키키2

0ly40

1 hour ago, Friendly kitty said:

that sometimes you need to change priorities and start a new life from scratch. 

Suddenly I remember a line from prison playbook "it takes courage to give up too".

In that drama JH made a successful return to baseball field. I do also wish KB could pursue and achieve his dream. But speaking about reality.. Not all of us can live a life like we plan. We encounter unexpected things sometimes and need to modify or even change all of our plan. And sometimes destiny brings us something that we need the most not what we really want.

I also want to see how WS dealing with his singing career actually. Until now the writers mostly focus to how he helped SY. Few scenes showed him working as vocal trainer, part time birthday singer.. Isn't his dream to become an idol(?) (please correct me if I'm wrong). :lol:

SY already found her new dream to become announcer, Junki & JE.. we have seen how hard they do their acting career. And next episode I think the writers will show us their romance story.

@MarianM wow.. Is it confirmed already?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ the airing date of The Wind Blows yes acc to this article. For extension, nothing is confirmed yet. If there's no delay, it will end on May 14 or unless it really has 18 eps instead of 16 in which we're not aware of.

For Wooshik, he's a former idol of the group Taj Mahal. I also agree that they should focus on his career this time, he's an aspiring singer after all. And hope that Sunho will sing as part of their OST. :)

Did you know that the guesthouse they're using is actually a coffee shop? It's quite amazing how they turned it that way. It is easy to locate the place and a lot of fans dropped by to have coffee there. Can you guess which areas do they use? :)

Place: 8810 Ristretto Bar

Address: 서울 마포구 연남동 월드컵북로 6길 88-10 (Yeongnam-do, World Cup(?) Buk-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea)

They're taking a break from shooting Waikiki 2 tomorrow and apologized to the fans who are scheduled to visit there. T.T

They're renting the place until May. Ahh, I want to visit there. T.T

You can check their IG here: and you can check more of the pics using #8810리스트레토바 ^^

More pics: here

that psycho girl was also a psycho in Manhole k-drama!

am I the only one not really laughing at this season? I only watched 6 episodes but nothing made me laugh out loud like the first (which had more exaggerating humor/situations and funnier cameo actors) and I miss Jun Ki/Chewbacca couple :( so upset the writer broke them up! 

7 hours ago, crystaltears said:

am I the only one not really laughing at this season?

I laugh all the time, but judging objectively, the first season was much better!

And yes, I looked 8 ep. Now I can say with confidence that this season I love most of all Nuna and KB. The most touching couple. And KB has such a wave of tenderness in me, all the time I want to hug him and press him to my chest.:wub:

Please let me help you @triplem put the rest of the video here.

Spoiler

Last night episode mostly about JE, Kibong, and SY.

JE confused about her feeling towards JK. He was super nice to her. He even made the pervert announcer kneeling down in front of JE asking for forgiveness. Kibong and SY are the only two who work as employee. KB works at car dealer and SY works as reporter. KB needs to sell at least 1 car to keep his job. Yuri found a government program who helps young people who want to be entrepreneurs start a business. She needs it to open her restaurant.

WS picked SY from her interview location even though he had an event to attend that day and the location is quiet far. He lied to SY said the location is just around the corner. When WS fell asleep, his cellphone was ringing and SY answered it. Because of that phone SY realized WS worked so hard that day, he gave her a ride to the interview location and even picked her after she finished.

Side Note: Ep. 9 scored 1.4% rating.

Forget to say this. This drama teaches me two things about pursuing dream.

1. From JK and JE. Instead of giving up, keep doing what you like even though it's hard. Just do it, JK persuaded JE to get back to acting when she's actually already give up. @zoks his words to JE about acting is also showing how mature he is. But yeah. Junki is not Junki if he's not acting silly. :D

2. From Kibong. Sometimes we need to step back in order to jump further and higher. We have plan. But if the universe didn't let us do our plan, we can't do anything about it. Instead, we can dig deeper and find out more about ourselves. Trying something new that can bring us real happiness.

“Welcome To Waikiki 2” Stars Share Their Favorite Scenes, Stories From Set, And What To Look For In 2nd HalfTV/FILM

Apr 22, 2019
by C. Hong

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Welcome to Waikiki 2” is heading into its second half!

The “Welcome to Waikiki 2” stars, Kim Seon Ho, Lee Yi Kyung, Shin Hyun Soo, Moon Ga Young, Ahn So Hee, and Kim Ye Won, recently shared some stories from the set, their favorite scenes from the drama so far, and what to keep an eye on in the second half.

Kim Seon Ho said, “I remember the scene where I had to play the pipe with my nose. It was really hard when filming, but I learned a lot about letting myself go.”

About her singing scene, Moon Ga Young said, “I’m not a good singer but I’m not on Soo Yeon’s level. I love the song ‘Through the Night’ a lot, so it was even harder to pretend to be tone-deaf. If my acting was awkward, I was afraid it would ruin the episode, so I looked up a lot of similar videos and incorporated it into my acting.”

Ahn So Hee talked about the scene where she and Lee Yi Kyung dressed up as beggars and said, “When I first saw the costumes, I was a bit concerned, but then I thought, ‘If I have to be a beggar, I better do it well.’ I laughed a lot when I saw myself in the mirror, but I was proud that the viewers found it funny too.”

Kim Seon Ho also picked his favorite line from the drama as, “In Episode 1, Ki Bong says, ‘Joon Gi, I pooped.’ That was really memorable. I think that you can see what kind of drama ‘Waikiki 2’ is from Shin Hyun Soo’s lovable way of speaking and looking. When I saw the way he approaches comedy, I thought I needed to step it up as well.”

Shin Hyun Soo said, “I was actually really moved and touched by the scene when Ki Bong’s friends came to cheer him on at his first tryout.” Moon Ga Young also picked a scene with Ki Bong, saying, “The most memorable scene for me was when Ki Bong had to quit baseball because of his injury. He had set his heart on this dream, but he had to give it up.”

For her favorite scene, Ahn So Hee said, “The one where I had to eat ramyun, play ping pong, and type on the keyboard with my feet. I practiced a lot and the staff helped me make the scene as funny as I could.”

Kim Ye Won said, “I remember the scene where Woo Shik and Soo Yeon finally get over their tone-deafness. It’s a sincere but comedic scene, so I think the actors had to bring a lot of energy. I really wanted to applaud them. They both worked really hard and when I watched the scene on TV, it was very funny.”

As for the second half, Kim Seon Ho said, “Since it’s a story about youth, you can’t forget about ‘love.’ I hope viewers will stay tuned as to whether Woo Shik’s one-sided crush on Soo Yeon will develop into something more.”

Lee Yi Kyung said, “The introductions are over and I think we will see even more ‘Waikiki’-like scenes in the second half. Sometimes the comedy seems really random, but it will make you smile. I hope that viewers will laugh along with us until the end.”

Shin Hyun Soo said, “I hope that people will stay interested in the stories of these six friends, who are heading toward their dreams and also hoping for love.”

Moon Ga Young said, “Viewers can look forward to seeing what happens to these six youths, who get up even after they fall down, as well as whether Soo Yeon will finally recognize Woo Shik’s true feelings.”

Ahn So Hee said, “I think how Joon Gi and Jung Eun move forward will be something to keep an eye on. Also how many more ridiculous scrapes the guesthouse members can get themselves into.”

Kim Ye Won added, “Every episode of ‘Waikiki’ feels like a fresh start. After filming amidst such energy and passion, it feels like we passed the midway point in no time. I hope the viewers will be able to feel our passion and warmth through the screen as well.”

Source

>>Junki said the introductions are over! :lol:

Some still cuts for tonight's ep. Seems Yoori is helping Kibong study for Quiz King..

20190423_150644_7875.png

20190423_150715_6135.png

20190423_150658_5124.png

Spoiler

20190423_150637_7446.png

20190423_150652_1673.png

20190423_150707_1867.png

This time Kibong gives his shoulder for Yoori to cry on..

Spoiler

20190422_163055_9891.jpg

20190422_163108_1188.jpg

20190422_163117_0380.jpg

Kibong is soooooooooo lucky! I'm using his trick when I'm doing a test which when your answer is wrong the score will be deducted. That's really work! I think it's more strategy than trick! LOL.

And Junki's signature is back! Hahaa..

Kibong is so kind.. That's his last saving.. ㅜㅜ

Finally. WS told SY. Even though he was drunk when he told her.

And next week! Beka is having surgery.. OMG! I hope beka is okay.. :tears: nothing bad happen.

And thank you @triplem.. for all the videos.. :)

Making videos:

I looked 9 ep.
I laughed so much ... it's just awful! My stomach ached and my cheeks ached. Slow family with sheep - a masterpiece of masterpieces! :joy:Especially you can not imagine!
But the woman sang very beautifully.  From her singing did not want to sleep. On the contrary! I would send her to "The Singer in a Mask".
But I was even more worried about the girl in love with Junki. So I wanted him to see the note ... But no luck! It's too early for him to know about love ...
But KB selling cars struck me in the heart. He needs to choose his own way in life - raising children!:mrgreen: 

Looking forward to Wooshik-Kibong duo, at least we may see an interesting change compared to the usual housemates they've being hanging out too. :)

Spoiler

Based on the stills,  I have a feeling that Kibong got fired and Wooshik try to cheer him up and he has no idea what to do. 

Hahaaa.. So many emotions for today's episode. LOL. :D Can't wait for English sub tomorrow. At least for now, their relationship status is clear. Hahahaha.. Yeaaaayy..

Becca! Please live long together with Junki.. We love you Becca. She and Junki are really "the bridge" for season 1 and 2.

I ended up watching the whole ep before JTBC uploaded their vids. 

I laughed a lot in the beginning and cried like a river in the end. It's okay, Wooshik-ah, you should focus on your career instead.

I felt bad for both Jungeun and Wooshik to hear the word to the person they liked. I guess that's it for them and nothing that can be more than just that.

So I watched today's episode, and I have to say I understand perfectly why JK would friendzone JE like that, in a sense he refuses to consider her as a potential romantic partner.  Remember who he dated in S1? They broke up and he doesn't talk to her brother anymore either (as far as we can tell).  He wants JE to be with him as a friend forever, so he told her that. I don't think it even crossed his mind that she might like him, he just thinks she felt insulted that he doesn't view her as a woman. So while SY turned WS down JK inadvertently blocked JE from even telling him her feelings because to him if they were to enter a romantic relationship it'll doom their friendship.

Haaaaaaaa. I give up with woosik - sooyeon story. The best dev story in this drama is kibong and yoori. And the best couple for me is joonki and rebecca. :lol:

As I know the two writers (I think they're the main writers) are still with this second season, but the other writers aren't.

Sadly for JE her romance with JK is the least likely. At least the other two are making some progress with SY beginning to regret turning WS down while KB and YR are basically two trains going in opposite directions on the same track. Seems JE gave up on a relationship with JK completely, when she started talking about the kind of guy she would like to date. @ixxdhx81 I agree with you about JK and Rebecca, no room for another woman in JK's heart. :D

Spoiler

In early episode they talked about JK's romance story, how bakka dumped him but he insisted that it was mutual break up. The writers tried to give him another romance with blind date story but once again failed (because he's bareun ajussi :lol:). In recent episode, He firmly said to JE to always stay by his side as his very best friend just like WS and KB. So, I don't think the writers will make another level relationship for JK and JE.

I'm so sorry for all the fans, but if the production team have plan to make another season for this drama, I just want cha-cha sibling, junkibong, and rebecca. If they changed all the casts and only reinstate JK and becca, Lee Yi Kyung once again will be working very hard alone.. I don't want that, even though we all know he and rebecca are like the mascot of waikiki.

Spoiler

@zoks I hate that WS needs 10 episodes to confess. He always helped SY, but what's with his dream and job? Hahaaa.. I like KB and YR better. If WS found out what happened between his sister and KB, I bet he'll do something.. :joy: I'm looking forward to his reaction.

Making Vid!

I see some similarities about the main couples in both seasons. (Donggu x Yoona || Wooshik x Sooyeon). The guys confessed in Ep 10 and got rejected on Ep 11. The difference is that Donggu refused to accept her rejection while Wooshik slowly accept it and tries to move on by writing some songs. Also, in S1 his friends had no idea that he liked Yoona apart from Sooah while S2 majority of it knows except Jungeun. The S1 MC suffered due to a love triangle that they dragged too long and the 4 eps extension somehow contribute it.

About our S2 MC, I thought that it will resolve quickly when Wooshik found out that Sooyeon is his first love too, there isn't much to tell it, thus that he's struggling to tell how he feels and they spend their time together especially to their favorite hotteok spot. Plus, there's no triangle that they'll block their way (so far), the only thing that went wrong with them is timing.

With only 4 eps left, I wonder if the writers can manage all 3 couples to get together. I only see Junki x Jungeun very unlikely to happen, Junki is shutting himself down by using the 'friend' word to Jungeun. He enjoys hanging out with her but doesn't want to be more than just that.

About Yuri and Kibong, they're just on another level! Can they make a spin-off just about them only? I love everything about them.

@ixxdhx81, there are 3 writers btw who took part in the former season with the addition of Seo Dongbeom. :)

I read some posts that they're demanding for S3 and S4(?!) with Junki and Becca remaining. They're the heart of the show but I don't want Junki forever as a minor actor, I want him to succeed too!! 

Archived