Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2019] Romance Is A Supplement, 로맨스는 별책부록

On 3/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, faithinme lara said:

can't wait to find out the reason for those mobster trench coat return 

Me too. 10 more hours to go...

Oh the reason, is for voting to publish or not the poetry book.

Now, we know. And we know the voting decision, too.

Spoiler

Another 2.5 hours...

Starts now...

They are in a meeting wearing that trench coat now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why? What happen? Why all look sad at dan i...

She said i am ok but the finger and hand said oppositely.

Huhu waiting for english sub.

She is crying and i m sad too.

Now she is crying in the toilet. Pity her.

She is carrying the blue box now.

• Like 3

Hi Chingus, I'd like to share my favourite moments/scenes in the drama. I thought of doing a Top 5 or 10, but scrapped the idea because...why put a number or limit on it. Here goes

• CEH and KDY's telephone conversation about subpar housekeeper and red bra.

For me, this simple phone call really set the tone of their friendship.

• CEH and KDY's coffee talk, after Gyeoroo interview
  • KDY pouring whiskey out the window.

I love the impish, mischievous look on her face!

• CEH and KDY's lift ride at office building the following morning.
  • When KDY realised that CEH had repurposed his gym room.
  • JSJ talking to his green onion plant
  • Drunk CEH into a cab and went to KDY's old home out of habit. The flashbacks of his similar trips
  • KDY interrogating CEH about his whereabouts the previous night.

I screamed in delight at his reply.

• KDY's voice-over about accepting her employment situation at Gyeoroo.

KDY realised that she was not the only one who gave her all during her years as a housewife. It dawned on her that other people had been toiling and working hard as well. She then accepted that she had to work her way up the corporate ladder again.

• CEH and KDY's udon (if my memory serves me well) dinner.

Not a major, pivotal scene. However, I like how it showed the little things that KDY missed while out of the workforce. Dinner after a full day of work and people addressing her by name.

• KDY feeling up CEH's pecs
  • KDY asking if CEH likes her

Love the slight quiver in KDY's voice.

• CEH's rejection letter to SHR

A sad yet sweet scene. CEH is too nice. He really treasures SHR as a junior, friend, colleague. Love that he did not just leave SHR at JSJ's place when she got drunk.

• SHR's rant to parents about left-over dumplings

This is the only scene so far which got me teary-eyed. SHR had likened her receiving of left-over dumplings to being left out for good things. Her parents went on to promise fresh ones for her from then on.

• CEH's counseling session with newbie OJY

If only all bosses could articulate like CEH. The session proved effective as OJY decided to roll up her sleeves and be serious about her job. She went on to craft a sincere, albeit non-businesslike, apology letter to her colleagues and bosses; and even managed to get SHR to smile a little at her proclamation to work hard.

Oops, crap I got carried away. This post is getting too long. My apologies! I'll just stop here.

• Like 13

I can't for the life of me figure out why, just W H Y Ji-Yool is still hired in Gyeoroo!? She's dispensable at best. Shows no growth nor improvement, still dumb as ever. AND someone as motivated, contributes , a hard worker as Dan-I gets fired for what? Just a small white lie on her resume. And Ji-Yool keeps her job 'cause she's cute? Young? Sheesh give me a break.:crazy::rolleyes:  

Seo-Joon and Hae-Rin are uber cute together, if only he'd give her a chance! K-Dramas sure love referencing that infamous scene from, "Love Actually". I've seen it on other K-Dramas as well.

I felt Eun-Ho's sadness on whether to keep or let the Kang writer ahjusshi go...:( It's always hard to let go of a love one but if they're in a lot of pain, it's really best to let them go.:unsure: 

• Like 7

I thought that DY’s departure from the company will be very harsh knowing ms. Go asked EH to fire her. But I’m pleased after watching tonight’s episode. Thank God DY have Ms. Seo by her side who actually tells her about the contract termination. I do believe that DY’s departure will lead to something better in the future:) 

And is it really Kim Na Young’s voice at the very last scene??? Yeaayy!!

• Like 8

Ep 14 preview

EH: I’m sorry. For not being able to do anything.
Go: What kind of work are you doing anyway?
DY: I thought that if I kept enduring it, that you would get upset because of me.
EH: I am looking at something that is more fun than a comic book and much prettier. My girlfriend.
DY: Even if I’m fired, I’ll be living fine.
JS: She’s come back again. Song Hae Rin.
HR: This trash?! I said that I will get rid of it from Artist Seo’s eyes!
JS: Let go!
EH: What is that look? If you keep looking at me that way, I’ll just have to kiss you.

So, I appreciated that DY asks the CEO to give her another chance to work for the company. It was rather sad that she then went and resigned anyway, it sounds as if because she fears that it may have a negative effect on EH. However, hopefully, Gyeoroo will realize that they are being foolish by getting rid of an employee who has already proven her value to the firm many times over.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why, just W H Y Ji-Yool is still hired in Gyeoroo!? She's dispensable at best. Shows no growth nor improvement, still dumb as ever. AND someone as motivated, contributes , a hard worker as Dan-I gets fired for what? Just a small white lie on her resume. And Ji-Yool keeps her job 'cause she's cute? Young? Sheesh give me a break.:crazy::rolleyes:  

Well, JY was hired on as an intern into the company, so she's a regular employee. DY was hired on as a contract worker for a specific duration to support the other employees. So, regardless of DY's employment, it's not fair to compare how they treat JY who is a regular employee albeit a hapless one with DY who is contract staff.

Having said that, Director Go was determined to get rid of DY any which way, regardless if DY had been a regular member of staff or contract staff.

I haven't had time to watch today's episode yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 9

@stroppyse

It doesn't matter whether Dan-I was or was not a regular employee, that's not the issue here. My issue with her dismissal is that it's unfair to let go of someone who obviously is good, no great at what she does! She also helps out the other staff including hapless Ji-Yool so yea rant over. Anyway at least, Dan-I's only consolation is her good looking but very supportive boyfriend so thank goodness for that LoL:P

Way to go to the evil female chief editor! Girl power what BS. Women are suppose to look out for each other not tear each other apart. My heart just breaks for Dan-I:(

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I wonder if Director Go deliberately forced DI to be fired ...

So that she can be  legitimately rehired as a full time Marketing  employee.:huh:

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@stroppyse

It doesn't matter whether Dan-I was or was not a regular employee, that's not the issue here. My issue with her dismissal is that it's unfair to let go of someone who obviously is good, no great at what she does! She also helps out the other staff including hapless Ji-Yool so yea rant over. Anyway at least, Dan-I's only consolation is her good looking but very supportive boyfriend so thank goodness for that LoL:P

Way to go to the evil female chief editor! Girl power what BS. Women are suppose to look out for each other not tear each other apart. My heart just breaks for Dan-I:(

I agree with your assessment. Letting go of DY who is a willing, able, and talented worker is a stupid decision as an employer. I was just really noting why JY continues to work there when she is so hapless. As a regular employee, they would give her plenty of more leeway, especially without a Senior Executive gunning after her. :D

26 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

I wonder if Director Go deliberately forced DI to be fired ...

So that she can be  legitimately rehired as a full time Marketing  employee.:huh:

I've read that theory before as well. However, it doesn't change the fact that she point blank tells EH to fire DY for having lied about her qualifications and background, and then remembering that DY is a contract worker, says that it's just as well since her contract can just not be renewed.

So, Go, before she remembers that DY is a contract worker, told EH to fire her. If DY had already been a full time employee, DY wouldn't need to be fired in order to be rehired. Go could have just changed which department DY works for. So, Go wanted DY fired, not for altruistic reasons, but because she's so offended that DY lied.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

@ibru, here are the first two.

D1OM8e0UcAAdku0.jpg

When you want to cry, rather than trying to cajole you to not cry,
Instead lending my body so that you can cry as much as you want to is more comforting.
When you’re tired, rather than just telling you to hang in there,
Instead making you laugh is more supportive.
Learned while loving Kang Dan Yi, these are my loving.

D1OM8e0U4AAoWx6.jpg

When I look back, all the days when I thought I was lonely, I actually wasn’t.
Because from just one step behind me, you were always walking with me.
Smiling when I looked back, holding my hand when I held it out, you were always there.
It was so taken for granted, I didn’t realize that fact.
How he watches over me without ever changing, I’m realizing that about Eun Ho.
At that deep love, I can’t help but smile every day.

I have to go and do some stuff right now, but I'll post some more translations later. The love between EH and DY, both EH's persistent love that that has lasted so long, but also DY's growing understanding of her love for EH is really sweet.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

It was so taken for granted, I didn’t realize that fact.
How he watches over me without ever changing, I’m realizing that about Eun Ho.
At that deep love, I can’t help but smile every day.

So true. Eun ho is the best for dan i.

"However, hopefully, Gyeoroo will realize that they are being foolish by getting rid of an employee who has already proven her value to the firm many times over." - yeah i agree with you , stroppyse. I hope too.

Thank you @stroppyse

7 hours ago, greezlybee said:

DY’s departure from the company will be very harsh knowing ms. Go asked EH to fire her. But I’m pleased after watching tonight’s episode. Thank God DY have Ms. Seo by her side who actually tells her about the contract termination. I do believe that DY’s departure will lead to something better in the future

One theory is eun ho will tell her about his secret.

The writer whom disappear. Bring her to visit him.

And she can take care of him, since she choose to resign.

Maybe just  maybe....

====

He's being doofus again . Is this before or after firing her(meaning sending her to another job interview,i mean?)

--- answer to the above question. Sending her to work in his car for the first time?

• Like 8

Lee Jong Suk And Lee Na Young Have A Sweet Date At Home In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Mar 10, 2019
by J. Lim
865f8955e5844082ac6772d34cd61aa8.jpeg?s=

Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk can’t seem to spend a second apart in new stills for tvN’s weekend drama “Romance is a Bonus Book”!

“Romance is a Bonus Book” tells the story of Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), two people who have known each other for a long time and who are going from just being friends to in a relationship. Their story becomes even more complicated as Kang Dan Yi lied on her resume in order to get hired at the publishing firm headed by Cha Eun Ho.

Spoilers

The previous episode followed the fallout of everyone finding out that Kang Dan Yi had put false information on her resume to be hired as companies had often rejected her in the past for being overqualified. Though Cha Eun Ho tried to stand up for her, a dilemma arose as many didn’t feel it fair to change the company’s rules on hiring new employees just for one person. Though it appeared that Kang Dan Yi would continue to work at the firm with Cha Eun Ho backing her up, she handed in her resignation while Cha Eun Ho was away.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1309112wpp/lee-jong-suk-and-lee-na-young-have-a-sweet-date-at-home-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ep 13 impression ( the looming of darkness surrounding danyi) 

A++ effort from eunho to find alternatives for danyi even though it's useless.  

I somehow can't  comprehend the idea of Danyi  contract termination are because they will find it uncomfortable how to address her because she used to go to great uni and advert agency?!!:crazy:.  She applies for Task Support Team and accepted into it. Treat her like what she hired to. Who cares about what she achieved 7 years before?!!!  She applied the job,she do the job sincerely, she never  complain about her tasks or her salary, she helped when she doesn't have to, what more could they thinks negatively of her?  

I know she resign at the end,but it's too much to her. We're gonna see what push her to resign. I don't think eunho will be the only reason. The way Director Go lashes at her in upcoming ep seems to indicate otherwise.  She so hellbent on dismissing danyi from Gyeoroo and it makes my blood boil:angry:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, faithinme lara said:

somehow can't  comprehend the idea of Danyi  contract termination are because they will find it uncomfortable how to address her because she used to go to great uni and advert agency?!!:crazy:

Me too. I cannot comprehend n understand why the president sides with ms go or ko. Why, why?

Anyway, may she deserves better place and better happy life. Good luck dan i.

Meanwhile, she is lucky to have eun ho by her side, this time, encouraging her and cheering her mood. She definitely is upset with the whole situation n being jobless again. Poor her. Fighting.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I have a confession to make.  I have something rather embarrassing to share with friends and former colleagues but I can SOOOOO relate to Kang Dan Yi .  I am in the exact same situation.   I have a master's degree from a good uni...I had worked in managerial positions for multinational companies for 11 years before my baby was born.  Now I have been away from work for 8 years and is also experiencing extreme difficulties going back to the workforce.  I have been receiving replies telling me I am over qualified or I have been away from work for too long or simply no replies at all.  After repeated rejections, as a long-term unemployed "failure", my self-esteem plummeted and doubt/fear that my past-experiences useless and skills atrophied.  Now I am only working on some very ad hoc freelance cases with meager pay.  I feel so helpless and hopeless.   It is not that I don't think realistically -I need a job, I am eager to work and I don't mind working in a lower level position.  As a generation X I do not worry about or afraid of hardships, I was trained and I believe that if one is willing and is diligent opportunities are there for you to grasp.   But this is so far from reality.   To be honest, I thought about not listing my degree as well as toning down my past working experiences....but that will just make my resume look even less qualified in conjunction with my age.   I bawled my eyes out along with Kang Dan Yi in the ladies room.   The struggles and the brutal realities depicted in this drama are very real in Asia. 

Edited by Sianna Luke
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2