[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

I've really enjoyed all OST from ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK..

But my fav is the 1st OST by Jannabi "The story I could not see"

1. Jannabi - A Story I Couldn't See 0:00
2. Rothy - Rainbow 3:43
3. Roy Kim - All I Do 7:14
4. Motte - I pray 11:37
5. The Black Skirts - Someday 15:22
6. Son Ho Young - A Book Of You 19.25
7. Kim Na Young - Close I'll Be 23:15
EXTRA SONG
The Black Skirts - Queen of Diamonds 26:41

I hope, that you all have seen this final episode BTS +  comentar by drama's cast

If someone could translate what about LJS and LNY are speaking - it would be great:thumbsup:

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text

• Like 3

[Spoilers] Romance Is A Bonus Book (Finale) + Rating

0000967447_001_20190317222603098.jpg?fit=463%2C1024&ssl=1

Spoiler

1-55.png?w=640&ssl=1

1-56.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young x Lee Jong Suk, announce they are dating ‘A Happy Ending’

1.[+1961, -167] Why everyone is only talking about Lee Jong Suk ㅠㅠ Lee Jong Suk is really good at acting but Lee Na Young’s acting was natural and good, she was so pretty ㅠㅠ!! It was a soft drama, I liked it

2.[+1243, -20] Lee Jong Suk, Seriously…I felt sorry that he only had a little screen time but if he had more I would have gone crazy…ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah he is so cute, all along I was smiling and now my face is turning back to how it was…

3.[+742, -20] I’m glad Lee Jong Suk left with ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’, he matched well with Cha Eun Ho

4.[+549, -33] I’m thankful for Lee Jong Suk for giving us Cha Eun Ho’s book, I will keep going back to it for 2 years

5.[+316, -12] Lee Jong Suk’s clothes today when he went to look for an apartment ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I thought it was so flashy but he still pull it off ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+237, -6] Wow I forgot that Lee Na Young was married, their chemistry was so good ㄷㄷ The finale made people feel good. This is a happy ending and not beating around the bush

7.[+207, -0] Lee Jong Suk’s rediscovery drama. He acted his character warmly and affectionately and the drama shined

8.[+168, -1] I watched it while being immersed in Lee Jong Suk as Cha Eun Ho, I will look forward to his next project

2019031801001282100091932_20190317221605414.jpg?fit=313%2C1024&ssl=1

Spoiler

1-57.png?w=640&ssl=1

1-58.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Chosun: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Jong Suk ♥ Lee Na Young got both love and work ‘A Happy Ending’

1.[+730, -15] This is a masterpiece that will make us wait 2 years for Lee Jong Suk ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It had the best chemistry~♡ Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk, thank you so much~!!

2.[+648, -4] It’s a well made drama that made me smile every time. I really enjoyed watching it, It was like reading a book, It was calm and beautiful!

3.[+495, -6] A pleasant drama that makes you feel like reading a book. My heart is soft, I liked it so much

4.[+321, -10] I was looking forward to the romance ㅠㅠ It’s a pity but It was fun, I’m sad that Eun-Dan didn’t appear in the epilogue…

5.[+256, -7] It felt like reading a heartwarming book, Cha Eun Ho is the character of my life. Thank you Lee Jong Suk

6.[+87, -0] Cha Eun Ho is the rediscovery of Lee Jong Suk. His acting was the best, It was a warm and cool character

7.[+78, -2] It wasn’t light nor heavy, I liked it. I liked it because it didn’t only focus on the romance. I was happy while watching.

8.[+73, -0] I got emotional for no reason while watching the finale…ㅠ Is there a more perfect drama than this? Eun Ho-ah, Dan Yi-ah, the moon was beautiful today too ㅠ

Rating: 6.7%

• Like 2

OMGosh, i can’t get over this drama... one of my most favorite thing aside from all the quotes in the book is about the love progression between dani and eunhoo.. this is such a mature love story with so much giggle.. not over the top.. hahahaha i love all of their scene together especially their dates.. 

but my most favorite part is thelending when they outted themselves to the people.. hehehe i have been repeating the scene over and over again just to see the surprise look from dani and how proud eun hoo is of her being her girlfriend.

i love how this transcend success of women in the workforce.. 

• Like 5

On 3/4/2019 at 9:30 AM, stroppyse said:

Episode 13 preview

EH: She had studied more diligently than anyone, she’s talented, and she works more passionately than anyone!
DY: Give me an idea.
EH: You want me to give you this valuable thing for free?
(DY gives EH a peck on the cheek)
EH: That’s a little insufficient.
DY: Just give me some ideas.
EH: Noona, could I sleep here…?
DY: Why is he asking something like that?
EH: Is that you, noona?! I am ready at any time!
SJ: I don’t need your apology. Just don’t appear in front of me anymore.
SJ: Please, let’s just be cool, and only talk about work!
DY: You’re here. Next to me. I only need you.

Time really flies fast! I read about this drama late Oct last year, and we're now done with the finale..

I've quoted @stroppyse 's translation of Episode 13 preview here. Does anyone remember watching the highlighted? From the preview, it looked like EH had invited DY over to his room and shy DY was pacing in the hallway. Perhaps a deleted scene?

• Like 3

52591823_2079237355505454_8939491051120373088_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fiev1-1.fna.fbcdn.net

Romance Is A Bonus Book Review

tvN’s Romance Is A Bonus Book has come to an end *sad* also this is Lee Jon Suk’s last drama after he enlisted! But was this drama really that good?

The drama talks about Kang Dan Yi who decides to get back to work after giving it all up to be a housewife but despite her impressive career and excellent educational background, she couldn’t find anyone willing to hire her due to her age and lack of experience! She decides to work at her friend 
Cha Eun Ho’s Publishing Company! Cha Eun Ho is a genius writer and the youngest chief editor ever at this company. He is smart and handsome, he looks cold-hearted but he is honestly warm and have a soft spot for his friend Dan Yi.

When you first read the synopsis, you would feel like the plot is over-used, predictable and it will mostly focus on the romance, but this drama turned out to be more than that, It talked about important things such as how society looks and treats mothers-housewives who decide to go back to work, mothers at work and showed us what really goes around publishing a book, what happen when it doesn’t sell, which I found fascinating because I really didn’t know how these things work, It really takes a lot of work to make just one book! I’m not a big fan of reading but after watching this drama It really made me appreciate and want to read more books hehe

I was truly satisfied with the plot and I appreciate the way it was neatly developed. This drama is the type that makes you feel at ease when you watch it, It was really relaxing as there were no dramas or unnecessary dragging, everything was gradually/smoothly build up and made sense.

D1sgvOZU8AAJIYG.jpg

The acting was so good, everyone just matched well with their character and brought each of them to life. We saw everyone grow and change in a heartwarming and natural way. They were all unique and had different charms. The leads’ chemistry was so good and I loved how they were caring and considerate of each other, there were no misunderstandings or any typical kdrama problems were it leads to a breakup, It was a mature and healthy relationship. The way the other romantic relationships formed was also really nice and natural. Some complained that the drama didn’t focus too much on Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young but honestly that’s what made me love it even more. I just loved how we got to see the growth and lives of each character, It made it look more realistic. I have to say, my favorite part was the friendship. You can feel they truly cared for and supported each other on many different occasions! I wanted to see more of the three ‘club ladies’ but I’m still satisfied with what we got hehe

Overall, this was a well-made, heat-warming, healing and beautiful drama that I truly recommend everyone to watch it especially if you are looking for a soft and light drama. But be prepared you may cry your eyes out in some scenes hehe

My Rating:

Overall: 9/10
Acting: 9/10
Story: 9/10

https://www.netizendrama.com/romance-is-a-bonus-book-review/

• Like 4

Romance is a Bonus Book: Episode 16 (Final Recap)

BonusBook_E16_00274-1.jpg

Not unlike a good book, I feel bittersweet about reaching the end of the journey with our publishing heroes. We’ve faced great highs and hard lows together, and I will miss everyone, from sweet Dan-yi and Eun-ho to bickering Hae-rin and Seo-joon, and even spoiled Ji-yul and poor Hoon. But also like the best books, we get an excellent conclusion and the reassurance that our heroes stories will continue, even if we can’t see it all in this volume.

EPISODE 16

BonusBook_E16_00058-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00051-1.jpg

Spoiler

BonusBook_E16_00082-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00102-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00152-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00183-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00214-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00224-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00357-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00365-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00397-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00427-1.jpg

BonusBook_E16_00053-1.jpg

COMMENTS

And now we must leave Gyeoroo and its staff behind, though their stories will never leave our hearts. I know I’m being a little saccharine and sentimental, but I can’t help but feel warm and fuzzy as this show draws to a gentle close. It was honestly everything that I wanted it to be: a poignant but also adorable love story, an office comedy, and even the mystery finally impacted me in the way I wanted it to, so that I felt for Author Kang and the sons he left behind.

We’ve been wondering for a while whether or not Eun-ho was truly Author Kang’s son or just an enthusiastic student of the man, and now that we know the answer, nothing has diminished in their relationship. He promised to be Author Kang’s son, and he upheld that promise until the very end. I am so relieved that Seo-joon never saw Eun-ho as a replacement or unwelcome member of the family, and instead saw how his father, even with his declining health, could want to hold tightly to the memory of Seo-joon but still falter. Even though Author Kang’s memories were mixed up and confused, his feelings held tightly to him, and he transferred them to Eun-ho. I’m glad that Seo-joon was able to find his closure at last, and to even find a “brother” he could trust.

The show has done an amazing job of honoring both the publishing industry and what it does and the people who work in that environment, and Author Kang’s parting sentiments bring these two loves together as one, with people and books both existing to touch the lives of others. It draws out the idea that every person has a story of their own, just like a book, and while an individual cannot change the entire world, it is still significant in the way that others feel comforted by it when they bring it into their lives. Just like Inner Thoughts of Plants wasn’t necessarily a bestseller, it was still a work that deserved the chance to touch the hearts of others. And I really like the final sentiment, that it couldn’t necessarily do it on its own, but with the help of others, our botany book will make it.

Eun-ho couldn’t solve Dan-yi’s problems, nor did he too often make the mistake of trying to. Instead he was there to comfort, to hold her hand, and to make her smile. For others, like Director Ko, sometimes we forget that stories (and people) are important, and instead dive into other pursuits like work. But in the end, everyone at Gyeoroo grows and thrives, even as their stories change.

Author Kang also reminds us that a story needs a beginning and an end, even if the ending is not the one we had hoped for. In perhaps his final moment of clarity, Author Kang realized the importance of recording his whole life, not just the beginning, and how that life and its story impacted others. Because even though many struggled through the end of his tale, in the end when the truth was revealed, he brought people together who were able to console one another.

Let it not go unnoticed that the final shot is not of our romantic couples however, but of Gyeoroo. A place of cherished work, where all of these characters came together to make stories for others, and to make their own along the way.

And so, the show leaves us with one final message at the end of the credits: the moon is beautiful.

D2IRCK2VYAE74fD.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/romance-is-a-bonus-book-episode-16-final/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, stroppyse said:

They never showed the scene in the episode itself. The preview seemed to be hinting that DY initially refuses while EH is just ready for her. However, in the episode itself, when EH asks if he can spend the night, DY initially doesn't respond, but then as EH gets off the bed and starts to leave, DY casually remarks that he should change into his night clothes and come back. EH decides he doesn't need any special night clothes to sleep in, and so stays to sleep with DY, though we're really not shown much more than that. So, I think the bit in the preview where EH hits the wall and DY is being skittish, and then EH tells DY he's always ready for her was probably cut out of the final version of the episode.

There have been other places in this drama where a scene or a line is in the preview, but it's not actually in the episode. There was even a discussion about that on this thread.

Thank you for this. I thought I missed the scene lol.

To everyone, I've enjoyed reading all your posts - views, translations, personal anecdotes etc. Appreciate the effort you put into composing your posts. I sure have learned so much from the drama and from so many of you.

Overall, I enjoyed watching this drama. There are some parts and elements which I disliked, but the show also presented many themes and sub-stories which I loved and could relate to. So way more many likes than dislikes from me.

Looking forward to LJS's new works in 2 year's time. I do hope he takes on projects from OCN or JTBC, or a drama with minimal focus on romance. Something like OCN's Save Me will be awesome I think. LJS will definitely continue to participate as the romantic lead in major broadcasting stations' dramas; afterall, that's what most people like to watch and sponsors love to dress him up. But it will be good for him to break away from the stereotype roles more often.

See you guys around! The moon is indeed beautiful!

• Like 5

5 Times The Finale Of “Romance Is A Bonus Book” Gave Us Hope

eb91294d21d745848a06376eae82cf1d.jpeg?s=

It’s hard to believe that “Romance Is A Bonus Book” has come to an end. This also marked Lee Jong Suk’s last project before enlisting in the military this past month. It wasn’t a flashy or crazy star-studded cast, but it was a series that left a strong impression on us all, giving us the strength and hope that was needed. Here’s a look at five times the finale of “Romance Is a Bonus Book” gave us hope.

1. Dan Yi’s old boss getting her a new job

So this didn’t technically happen in the newest episodes, but we do see Dan Yi (Lee Na Young) starting her new job thanks to Ko Yoo Sun (Kim Yoo Mi), the rigid and cold-hearted boss that took all of Kang Dan Yi’s ideas and claimed it as her own. Ko Yoo Sun is a character that is hard to like because she isn’t willing to open up to Dan Yi, even when Dan Yi tries to be her friend. She seemed ruthless and there was really no point in the series where I was willing to even remotely feel bad for her. But things take a quick turn in the finale when she extends an olive branch to Dan Yi and gets her a job at a small publishing company.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1311242wpp/5-times-the-finale-of-romance-is-a-bonus-book-gave-us-hope
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Romance is a Bonus Book OST (로맨스는 별책부록) - Various Artists [FULL ALBUM]

CD 1

D2JSNuwU4AEjANt.jpg

CD 2

D2JSNusVAAIycuz.jpg

Via https://twitter.com/js_89914/status/1108538860047196161

• Like 5

Wi Ha Joon Talks About His Bromance With Lee Jong Suk In Real Life And In “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

by S. Park
da08cc95c1cc4dd8866633e373d74061.jpeg?s=

Wi Ha Joon shared his thoughts on his latest drama “Romance is a Bonus Book” in a recent interview.

“Time passed by really quickly,” began Wi Ha Joon. “To be honest, I had a lot of concerns and felt pressured, but I’m glad that it ended well.”

In “Romance is a Bonus Book,” which concluded on March 17, Wi Ha Joon appeared as a successful book designer named Ji Seo Joon. He won over the hearts of Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young) and Song Hae Rin (played by Jung Yoo Jin) with his sweet charms, and surprised viewers with a plot twist when it was revealed that he was the son of writer Kang Byung Joon (played by Lee Ho Jae).

He continued, “When I read the script, there were various aspects to Ji Seo Joon. At first, it was difficult to grasp him. He wasn’t a character that I could define as one thing. The director also said that Ji Seo Joon was a difficult character. So instead of trying to define him, I tried to act in different attitudes according to who I was acting with.”

In the drama, Wi Ha Joon showed a fateful, dramatic romance with Lee Na Young and a bickering, friend-like romance with Song Hae Rin. “It was definitely different,” explained Wi Ha Joon. “If the romance with Kang Dan Yi was something to be careful and well-mannered about, Song Hae Rin felt like a friend that I later developed into lovers with. It was fun because both of them had different charms. I think my personality in real life fit more with Song Hae Rin’s romance. Dating while bickering and building affection. I was happy that the viewers said Ji Seo Joon and Song Hae Rin were a good match. I wish we could’ve shown more of him dating [Song Hae Rin], and I regret that.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1312283wpp/wi-ha-joon-talks-about-his-bromance-with-lee-jong-suk-in-real-life-and-in-romance-is-a-bonus-book
  • Like 2

I'm missing this drama.  it's the first weekend without this drama.  i had been trying to stay away from discussion threads but allow me to share my thoughts.  i must say that the drama is worth de-lurking and after this, i foresee some drought waiting for the next light, feel good drama.

What I liked –

1.     Production

-       Cast – Lee Jong Suk, Lee Na Young.  I’ve watched several of their movies/dramas in the past.  I’ve enjoyed their works and the variety of roles they portrayed.  

-       Set design – Publishing company.  I liked the hallway flanked by rows of bookshelves on each side.

-       Music – makes you tip toe through the tulips, happy vibe.

2.     Script

-       Drama veered away from makjang.  No amnesia, no truck of doom, no chasing after each other, no third party to make life difficult for OTP.  i liked how the writer didn't dwell into the backstory of writer kang.  still remained relevant to the story but was not the focal point.  kudos to the writer.  i'll watch out for your future projects.

-       No push and pull. Characters upfront and speak out their minds.  No ever winding chasing, guy goes after girl, girl goes after guy, guy and girl are apart for most of the drama.  we have seen how eun ho and dani spend a good amount of time together, sharing mundane activities together, eun-ho being upfront with his feelings and patiently waiting for dani to reciprocate, dani being realistic and not dragging eun-ho along (as well as seo jun),  cute interaction between hae rin and seo jun bicker and witness how their professional interaction slowly transitioned into a possible romance, delineation of work and friendship between ms go and ceo - i like how they say, here's what i will say as a friend, ji yul and park hoon colleagues from the same start group sharing experiences as they grow professionally within the publishing company

-       Just the right mix of romance, comedy and drama

-       Slice of life, realistic, relatable

-       Puppy love with a hopelessly romantic guy

-       Strong women characters

3.     Characters

-       Ms Go – no nonsense character.  i actually like her.  she is one person you would like to work for as she upholds high standards.  one must be on their toes working for her.  team members who become successful later in their careers will appreciate her.

-       Eun Ho – sweet boyfriend so smitten with Dani but still keeps his objectivity and doesn't favor dani.  one reason why companies don't allow dating at work is because it may put the supervisor or lead in a situation where interests are in conflict

-       Dani – strong go getter, definitely not a damsel in distress.  the drama presented her miserable life in the beginning but she was able to pick up and do something to get her out of it

-       Hae Rin – another strong woman character, driven, on top of things, fair, upfront, compassionate

-       Ji-hyul and Park Hoon - Korean 'Bonnie and Clyde’ – partners in crime.  good comic relief with a totally dysfunctional ‘relationship’

4.     Others

-       Chemistry of cast members

-       Geum Bi

-       The tailored coats used by the cast members.  Gyeroo must be paying their employees well to afford those trench coats

Observations

1.     Casted with tall actors – Lee Jong Suk – 6’0’; Lee Na Young – 5’8’; Jung Yoo Jin - 5’9”;  Wi Ha Joon – 5’11”; Kim Yoo Mi – 5’7”; Kim Tae Woo – 6’3”

2.     Gyeroo dating policy.  Eun Ho and Dani, Ms Go and Mr President, Ji Hyul and …, Hae Rin and Seo.   Title should be Books is a bonus romance … i.e. working in Gyeroo opens opportunities for potential romance ;-)

3.     Typical Korean office culture – asking an assistant to do things for you even personal errands

4.     Typical of Korean dramas where everyone is connected to each other.  What are the chances that Dani bumps into Seo who happens to be the son of Kang Byeong Hun who is ‘father’ to Eun Ho who is Dani’s childhood friend …

Trivia

1.     Lee Na Young is the wife of Won Bin

2.     Ms Go is the wife of Reply 1994 lead actor

3.     2nd time Lee Jong Suk and Hae Rin to work in a drama.  The first was W.

I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did.  Till then.

Edited by Gin Nietschze
  • Like 6

Weekly Romance – Scenes That Will Make Your Heart Flutter

romance is a bonus book lee jongsuk

Have you been watching dramas these days? If not, you are missing many great scenes! If you like romance, this new Kpopmap series might be for you. Be aware of spoilers.

We made a selection of three scenes from K-Dramas this week that will make your heart flutter by their cuteness and romantic vibes. These scenes are the sweetest of this week. No more words, here is the list!

Let us know in the comment which scene you prefer and/or what is the sweetest scene of this week episodes according to you.

1- “Romance Is A Bonus Book

Lee JongSuk and Lee NaYoung as Cha EunHo and Kang DanYi

If you like a cheesy demonstration of love, this is for you! Lee JongSuk and Lee NaYoung are one of the cutest couples. Lee JongSuk’s sincere love and affection for Lee NaYoung is never failing.

As both are working at the same publishing company, viewers are the witness of their sweet daily interaction at work. This scene caught our attention as they are sending hearts to each other and try to be ‘discreet’ and unseen from other employees passing by. Their love relationship is a goal for many.

With the end of the drama, many are sad to separate from this adorable couple.

lee jongsuk romance is a bonus book, lee jongsuk cute, lee jongsuk 2019, lee jongsuk drama, lee jongsuk romance is a supplement, lee jongsuk lee nayoung

lee jongsuk romance is a bonus book, lee jongsuk cute, lee jongsuk 2019, lee jongsuk drama, lee jongsuk romance is a supplement, lee jongsuk lee nayoung

https://www.kpopmap.com/weekly-romance-scenes-that-will-make-your-heart-flutter/

• Like 2