[Drama 2019] Trap 트랩

larus

Done watching  ep 3-4. Evil inhuame treading people like garbage. What henious crime done to the 9 yr old son of KWH. Inhumane punishable by death penalty. gruesome. I FF it. I didn't even wanna listen. Then I also realise it was  flashback what happened to  to the sone of DK

I got a bit confused with the elder talking to the CEO with pheremones, mother's scent, japanese. I'm like.. what is this "omegaverse" or what? I also realise  what happened to DK son was flashback. KWH and DK tied together by son's deatt. The latter asked for help but  KWH said they can't win...

@carolinedl for details of episodes. I''m confused towards the end of ep 4 what did the scretary mean when talking to KWH? The wife is still alive?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jongski said:

I got a bit confused with the elder talking to the CEO with pheremones, mother's scent, japanese. I'm like.. what is this "omegaverse" or what? I also realise  what happened to DK son was flashback. KWH and DK tied together by son's deatt. The latter asked for help but  KWH said they can't win...

@carolinedl for details of episodes. I''m confused towards the end of ep 4 what did the scretary mean when talking to KWH? The wife is still alive?

It seems like she is and she might also be playing the hunting game now. Like she mentioned in one of the flaskbacks, she is similar to the CEO, hence I think it was implied that she actually became a part of the crew. She probably participated in putting the trap up, lurring her family to that café, etc. Hence the reason why her body was never found.

The whole pheremone and so talk was also a bit complicated/confusing so I am expecting that we will know more about the whole process, perhaps through the profiler? What I gather is the insistance on instincts and "smell," smell of fear being one of the reasons those people hunt - it makes them feel powerful to see fear in others.

The whole Japanese thing was interesting - is it because the real chief is a foreigner? Thus does it echo in some ways Korea's colonial history? That old man did seem to refer to that and I think he might be in the process of trying to gain control of the group and get rid of that "chief."

I can't wait for next week!

4 hours ago, jongski said:

I got a bit confused with the elder talking to the CEO with pheremones, mother's scent, japanese.

Hunters here in the US will sometimes use scents collected from animals (these can be purchased in liquid form and the ones I know of are used for hunting deer) to lure the animals.  Animals are much more attuned to scent than humans are.  It is true that humans excrete scents when they are very afraid or very stressed but we may not notice these as much as an animal would.  I think that they are talking about very determined hunters who are willing to do anything to take down their prey, and they would pay attention carefully to such things as scent.

Interesting but perhaps unrelated fact: 

Spoiler

I have been a vegetarian (not vegan but I eat no animal flesh of any kind) for most of my life.  Since I became vegetarian I have noticed that people who eat meat smell different than vegetarians, and people who eat a great amount of meat actually have a rancid body odor no matter how clean their personal habits might be.  My apologies to meat-eaters out there but this is the truth as I have experienced it.  

So I think that hunters might be able to notice such matters as this as well.

When the men were on the sky tram, the older one was talking about hunting humans decades earlier and doing so within the city; I assumed that they were talking about the time of Japanese occupation.

18 hours ago, thistle said:

When the men were on the sky tram, the older one was talking about hunting humans decades earlier and doing so within the city; I assumed that they were talking about the time of Japanese occupation.

That is what I gathered too but now the question is on which side was he?

- He is unconfortable being told what to do by a foreigner so perhaps pro-Korea/independence?

- Yet, if he mentions the fact that he was free to kill a lot of people, doesn't that imply he was more likely on the side of the Japanese and thus part of the colonial system?

I have no idea really... what do you all think?

I'm officially #TRAPped. :D

The hunting/killing premise reminded of the movie Hostel, and "Open Season" episode of Criminal Minds S2.

And once again I realize that our world is ruled by money and money = power. The series itself may be fiction but the corruption and human depravity shown definitely is not, and psychos who seem like they're normal are out there, heck, some are even in the government.:tears:

Trap: Episode 3

by Regals

Trap03-00210.jpg

Things are about to take an even darker turn as we dive deeper into the events of that fateful night. Prepare for some stomach-churning details to emerge about the horrific truth behind what transpired in the mountains, and just how far some people are willing to venture into darkness.

EPISODE 3: “1 Millimeter”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/trap-episode-3/

17 hours ago, carolinedl said:

Today is Trap-day! Yay!

I'll try to watch it today but will make surenot to spoil anyone.

.....but I like being spoiled.....;)

editing to ask a question.

We all have our limits.  There's a bunch of stuff I can deal with and work past BUT I hit My Biggest NO-NO No-Exceptions Limit on episode 5.  

I want to watch the rest of Trap but I cannot do so unless someone answers this question for me:

Spoiler

What happened to the kitten?

If it is bad, just say "bad" and do NOT give me any details. 

If all is well, please tell me so I can keep watching.

Spoiler

I really seriously cannot take it when something happens to kittens or puppies.

Thanks.

WOW! I did not see that coming.

I had questions. The show answered them and then made me question something else. And ...boom. The revelation. We have two more episode and I can`t wait to see the resolution.

Kang Woo-Hyun was able to get rid of CEO Hong by using psychological weak points that he saw in him.

"Due to prejudice regarding on individual, one is unable and refuses to see a certain viewpoint". So true.

Let see what happens next. My mind just got blown watching episopde 5.

14 hours ago, thistle said:

If it is bad, just say "bad" and do NOT give me any details. 

I don`t know. They did not show anything about the kitty.

tumblr_pjzfy2ZQKl1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

She was not lucky enough. The good man took the kitten but bad people killed him shortly after that. But there is no scene about what happened with the little cat.

18 hours ago, thistle said:

I want to watch the rest of Trap but I cannot do so unless someone answers this question for me:

Hide contents

What happened to the kitten?

I know!!! I was happy nothing bad happened to it but I keep wondering what happened to the little guy nonetheless...

Episode 5 is like.... OH MY GOD! :scream:

I was expecting something fishy in relation to Kang Woo-Hyun; I actually thought that he was the one who had killed his wife back there once he realized she was with them. Playing with that 1mm margin a bit but I did not expect the show to go all the way there! Wow!

Watched the rest of episode 5, and Oh My Goodness.  If there were more than 7 episodes of Trap, I don't see how the viewers would survive the stress!

.....editing to add that there's one thing I noticed again (regarding my earlier post about automobile safety glass):  the windshield broke the way that it should NOT (fake "candy glass" for drama productions) but the rear window shattered precisely the way it should have and it popped out all in one piece (REAL car glass).    Presumably they wouldn't have used the proper kind of glass or we wouldn't have been able to "see" through the windscreen.  But the fake glass still really annoys me because it's distracting when you know that real life does not work that way.

When you think that the creeps in this drama can't get any creepier, that is exactly what happens.  Is there anyway this can end with a win for the good guys?

And now I'm worried about the kitten all over again.

One more production quibble:  those cat vocals.  That sound was from an adult tom cat; kittens do not sound like that!  LOL

21 minutes ago, thistle said:

When you think that the creeps in this drama can't get any creepier, that is exactly what happens.  Is there anyway this can end with a win for the good guys?

And now I'm worried about the kitten all over again.

One more production quibble:  those cat vocals.  That sound was from an adult tom cat; kittens do not sound like that!  LOL

I feel that the bad guys have the upper hand in this, that it would be unbelievable if the good guys win all of a sudden. Are they planning to make this into seasons? I really don't see how they can wrap it up with the good guy's winning with only 1 episode left.

And might I add: LSJ chose a good comeback drama. This image is totally new (at least for me). I never seen him play dark and gritty characters before. He was always either rich dude or successful dude but always dapper dude. Woohyun is dapper, but his mind...is just..cray. And that is saying a lot since I just finished cray2 TLE that had a very cray lady villain. Woohyun is now in the same league as Mo Tae Gyu from Voice or he is even worse!

I was totally played by Trap. I did not see it coming. Hahaha

9 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I feel that the bad guys have the upper hand in this, that it would be unbelievable if the good guys win all of a sudden. Are they planning to make this into seasons? I really don't see how they can wrap it up with the good guy's winning with only 1 episode left.

My feelings exactly.  Since they say that the whole country is now trapped, there seems to be no way out for anyone, including the kitten who is now stuck at home alone.

Detective Jang seems to be turning around but can we trust him?   Is there anyone at all we can trust?  I still believe in Detective Ko but he's alone and in serious jeopardy.  He made a huge mistake going after the bad guy when he was so unprepared; he was doomed to get caught.  The profiler also over-played her hand.  Neither of them was thinking ahead.

The rookie detective is wishy-washy and unreliable.  That whole online video feed thing with his sketchy buddy seems to have come out of left field.  Have to admit that I loved the part where the video buddy got 1000 balloons for being tased unexpectedly.....but that humor was out of left field, too, and really doesn't mesh at all with the rest of the drama.  It was almost inappropriate.

So it seems like the only cops who might be "good" are really no good at strategy.  If you wanna catch a hunter, you've got to think smarter than the hunter.  All the good guys are doing is acting like prey; they can't win, and I don't see how everything can be wrapped up in one episode.

I'm rooting for the kitten.  At least he is using his cuteness as an appropriate weapon.  

And I've just gotta say this:  One thing that stopped me cold was when the Evil Lady (Mrs. Jo, I think her name might be) asked about supper and if the meat had been properly frozen.  I was screaming at the screen, "OMG, exactly what or WHO are you people eating?!

honestly.... i was angry @ the end of ep 5 but now i realize me being anger is a good emotion cos they sat that one up and destroyed it down in a way FOR ME to justify my anger

i'm being vague bc of 

Spoiler

WE THOUGHT WOOHYUN WAS THIS RIGHTEOUS DUDE we wamted him to be ok so bad and here it is. the one problem is plot-wise i cannot really get the ins-and-outs of it and i feel as if there has to be something more. is woo hyun like triple crossing. tbh it wouldnt make sense i mean i'm still intrigued but that's also part of my confusion

it's hard to pull away from the show regardless of the problems

Archived