Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

10 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy You can follow him if you make an account, I did it. But I did it a long time ago so unfortunately I don't remember how I did it and can't guide you.

I would love it BUT as I said.... internationals can't make an account on weibo, the registration require a phone number from china which of course I don't have... so I can't complete the steps to activate an account, times ago it wasn't like this... probably you created your account back then....  *sigh-sob*

Sina Weibo could be registered with an email account back then. I think there’s an international version which will enable people that do not have a Chinese phone number to sign up, I have to check to make sure tho. Yilong will have 10 million followers very soon and he said he had prepared something to celebrate. It would be nice if you can find a way to faster that celebration. We are very looking forward to it.

As for his new drama, there are already 20 episodes out for Youku VIP members. So far I think it’s watchable. I mean the plot is kind of old-fashioned, but storyline makes sense and the acting is not bad. Luo Fu Sheng is another character that’s totally different from his previous characters, and he’s soooooo hot! Besides. I am so happy that the fans are flooded with his new drama, new magazine shootings and new commercials every day haha.

• Like 3

Btw, have you watched this new interview from Bazaar? Especially from 1:50 when he was scared by that ugly toy. Omg his reactions were precious. If I were him I would probably swear out loud, but he is just so gentle and cute. (That’s why people like to tease him)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, katthy said:

I would love it BUT as I said.... internationals can't make an account on weibo, the registration require a phone number from china which of course I don't have... so I can't complete the steps to activate an account, times ago it wasn't like this... probably you created your account back then....  *sigh-sob*

You can look for weibo in the Google play store, and it will be in English, just follow the steps of making an account and use your phone number with the correct country extension and it will work! My account is using a US number now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

Sina Weibo could be registered with an email account back then. I think there’s an international version which will enable people that do not have a Chinese phone number to sign up, I have to check to make sure tho. Yilong will have 10 million followers very soon and he said he had prepared something to celebrate. It would be nice if you can find a way to faster that celebration. We are very looking forward to it.

43 minutes ago, ryechel said:

You can look for weibo in the Google play store, and it will be in English, just follow the steps of making an account and use your phone number with the correct country extension and it will work! My account is using a US number now. 

ok fine! I'll try in both way... at least one should work, don't it?!!! LOL  Thank you very much to both of you for your help! I'll let you know if I succeed ^^

EDIT: 

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT REALLY I CAN'T BELIVE that Italy isn't allowed to make registration!!!! grrrrr

I went to weibo international and all was good, I filled all the fields requested and then to obtain a code to complete the regitration is required a phone number and... for Europe... is allowed ONLY for France, Germany, Russia, England... NO ITALY!!!
Really I can't be more sad and disappointed RN... I really wanted to give him the support even from Italy *sob sob sob* :bawling:

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Btw, have you watched this new interview from Bazaar? Especially from 1:50 when he was scared by that ugly toy. Omg his reactions were precious. If I were him I would probably swear out loud, but he is just so gentle and cute. (That’s why people like to tease him)

OMG!!!! THANKS!!! Yessss I saw this new interview... he's very very ADORABLE AND CUTE, I'm so in love with this sweet, nice, side of him... well of course, not just that LOL :lol: he's always polite and composed... if only I could understand the Q. and HIS A. ...
maybe... when someone will have time... and would like to make a bit of translation... I'd be really grateful :heart:

Anyway 1:50... what a prank and how has been scared the poor man... jeez!!! AHAHAHAH! :D  BUT he got out of embarrassment in a so nice way; without a word, just with his pretty face always so expressive! LOVE LOVE how he's so capable to use his face, and his body as well, to express himself !!! :wub:

4 hours ago, katthy said:

OMG!!!! THANKS!!! Yessss I saw this new interview... he's very very ADORABLE AND CUTE, I'm so in love with this sweet, nice, side of him... well of course, not just that LOL :lol: he's always polite and composed... if only I could understand the Q. and HIS A. ...
maybe... when someone will have time... and would like to make a bit of translation... I'd be really grateful :heart:

Anyway 1:50... what a prank and how has been scared the poor man... jeez!!! AHAHAHAH! :D  BUT he got out of embarrassment in a so nice way; without a word, just with his pretty face always so expressive! LOVE LOVE how he's so capable to use his face, and his body as well, to express himself !!! :wub:

Delete videos in your quotes, otherwise moderators have to keep correcting you and will get annoyed.

You can watch that video subbed. You need to watch it on the computer, then press video settings and subtitles. Add subtitles. English. And then in that player watch it subbed. Because it's subbed already, but the subs haven't been approved. And then exit. Don't mess with the subs.

• Thanks 1

Haha. I see someone else is using google translate to explore the internet. 

If before I said I've yet to seen much charaterization from Zhu Yi Long where just by walking you see the different characters. Then now I'm looking aat Luo Fu Sheng, who walks totally different from Shen Wei, who had very closed hips when walking. Luo Fu Sheng is more swaggering, but not exaggerated. Ye Zun was a bit different to Shen Wei as well. And I recall wathing bits of this film he did while he was still studying or just finished about this kid who really likes playing drums (I wish they made more movies like that for girls) and there his walk was very schoolboy-cocky. I've read that some people think his posture is bad, I haven't really noticed it, looks natural to me. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what they're saying, or in China a good posture is more perfectly erect or something. I've actually read that a completely erect posture is not healthy. Anyway, it doesn't suit his character to be so stiff like a military man.

But I would still maybe like him to play even more with walking and character habits, even though, since right now everyone is judging him, maybe not the best time for experimentation. But actors like Jake Gyllenhaal create awesome characters by randomly just adding stuff to their characters and seeing if it works. Stuff that doesn't need to be there, is not in the script, wouldn't miss it if it didn't happen, but makes the character more interesting, or adds a facet to their psychology and just in general adds more things to look at. Maybe if he works with a director who he trusts and who allows for such exploring. I wonder if the stuttering of Luo Fu Sheng was in the book or not. Or if it was one time in the book that he stuttered and Zhu Yi Long added that he stutters from time to time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Delete videos in your quotes, otherwise moderators have to keep correcting you and will get annoyed.

done! thanks, I've been already warned by moderators... (I'm such a forgetful) I'm not used so I need to keep in mind this rule when I quote, thanks for remind me! ^^

14 hours ago, siobhanne said:

You can watch that video subbed. You need to watch it on the computer, then press video settings and subtitles. Add subtitles. English. And then in that player watch it subbed. Because it's subbed already, but the subs haven't been approved. And then exit. Don't mess with the subs.

O.O GREAT!!! What a trick! I've never thought to do so... Thanks AGAIN!!! :D

BTW... talking about his way to portray each character... I've to say that  I LOVE that he's so capable to give to his characters the right personality even just with stuffs like a way to walk, or talk, or stare... or behave... I SINCERILY  think he's a VERY TALENTED actor, in fact, first of all, I've been captured by him right because of this,  by his way to acting... and not just because he's a pretty face! (which he definitely is tough LOLOL) :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

If before I said I've yet to seen much charaterization from Zhu Yi Long where just by walking you see the different characters. Then now I'm looking aat Luo Fu Sheng, who walks totally different from Shen Wei, who had very closed hips when walking. Luo Fu Sheng is more swaggering, but not exaggerated. Ye Zun was a bit different to Shen Wei as well. And I recall wathing bits of this film he did while he was still studying or just finished about this kid who really likes playing drums (I wish they made more movies like that for girls) and there his walk was very schoolboy-cocky. I've read that some people think his posture is bad, I haven't really noticed it, looks natural to me. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what they're saying, or in China a good posture is more perfectly erect or something. I've actually read that a completely erect posture is not healthy. Anyway, it doesn't suit his character to be so stiff like a military man.

Well, I think I have read some people criticizing that his postures are not spread enough, “too stiff”, they say. But I don’t think he has that problem with his characters. Shen Wei has a reserved personality, so the postures of Shen Wei are quite restrained too. As for Luo Fu Sheng, he chose to make this character have rather big movements. He’s able to adjust the way he moves by different characters, which is very convincing. But he does admit that he cannot dance, so when there’s a scene about dancing, he’s a bit awkward.

And there’s another thing, he injured his waist badly a few times (doing stunts, falling off from horses, etc), which also impacts the way he walks. It is quite common for Chinese actors to get hurt during fighting scenes. I feel so awful for them. 

• Like 3

I just remembered something interesting about him and it needs some discussion. He really likes sports, especially basketball. He even wanted to be a professional basketball player when he was young. He was trained professionally in middle school, getting up each morning at 5 am to play basketball and then sleeping all day duiring classes. He mentioned he would get angry that his classmates did not wake him up for lunch. (I can imagine his face it’s too funny). The reason he gave up his basketball dream was he did not grow tall enough. (Bad news for him, but good news for us, thank god.)

You have probably noticed that KFC have been inviting him to promote products. And he has also been named as the ambassador of KFC 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament. He joined the first tournament 15 years ago as a middle school student. Now 15 years later he has become a well-known actor to promot this sport in China. It is another way of making his childhood dream come true. 

• Like 2

@paopaolong Hehe, yeah, I think even Peng Guan Ying said that Zhu Yi Long was envious or wanted his help with basketball, since PGY is so tall, can't remember exactly what he said. And he makes fun of his height from time to time, like they can't collaborate because when they did, ZYL was always standing on his toes and it was very painful : D. And ZYL has that collection of jordan shoes (what is it with asian men and collecting shoes). I think since he wasn't playing at a national level / at the top as a kid, then it probably wasn't that painful to let go of that dream and find acting instead. And he could retain a pure love of the sport. Also likes football. 'Did you guys watch the world cup? France played very well..', hahaha, no I didn't and I don't care but keep talking and I'll keep looking at you. At least basketball is a marginally more interesting sport where stuff actually happens. 

I'd read somewhere that he injured his back : (.That's horrible that people are getting hurt so much. Safety of the actors and stuntmen should be the first concern. Of course, accident happen, but if they're commonplace then something is really wrong. 

I think he won't have a problem with pairs dancing if his character is supposed to be good at it. If his injuries permit. He is after all athletic and musical, so should have a sense of rhythm and the coordination to pull it off. But if gyrating is required it must be extremely difficult for him : D You can see him dying inside at the end of Yang and his Summer. 

Speaking of sports, I think it tends to be easy to form this sort of asexual, saintly image of him, since he is a calm person. But people's personality is very situation depedent, more predictable in similar situations rather than having what we would understand as 'true' character stability. So there are certainly more outgoing, active and domineering sides to him, that sometimes poke through. As fans we see him only in limited contexts, so I hope it's not a pressure on him to start to be confined to that perception. 

• Like 2

In other news I had hot pot for the first time today (Vietnam style (meh, sorry, but the one we had wasn't spicy at all) and Sichuan style (yummy)). I sort of get the hype now, although, I prefer to get my meals over and done with a bit faster, so definitely wouldn't have it several times a week.

• Like 1

2675950Cattura.PNG

5f034df1ly1fvbffglq50j20qo0zkgsc.jpg

Just saw this on his weibo, I'm letterally crying RN... knowing he's in Rome, he has been in Plaza of Spain (Piazza di Spagna) one of the most famose plaza's in Rome and I missed him....  :tears:
the thought that he is never been so close to me and I'll can't make to see him anyway... I'm really crying like a baby... :bawling::bawling:

I hope he's having fun and not just working in Rome... enjoying the city and taste more Italian meals as possible, hope he loves my country and maybe he'll come back :heart:

• Like 1