Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

I'm so happy to find a thread for Long Ge :wub: Thank you all for the information you've been posted :lol:

Little contribution from me :)

23 hours ago, siobhanne said:

In my last post I at first forgot to mention that this video has ENGLISH subtitles and is SUPER CUTE! I have since remedied my mistake, but I still feel like you guys are sleeping on this cute interview.

Wow.... I really don't sense any falsity in this interview. Either that is how ZYL truly is or I've come under his spell since long ago.

Those lucky dogs! Especially the ones sleeping in his lap.

• Like 1

Thanks @siobhanne This is one of the more relaxing interview of ZYL. He is adorable as always and I love his reaction when they said he said the word. While waiting impatiently for Lou FuSheng, I am watching some of his oldest works. Some when he is still in school and some when he just graduated. He looked soooo different back then (all the same features but somehow I feel like I am watching an actor/show from the 80s lol) 

When is he done filming "My True Friend"? He looked soooo tired and skinny lately and I just want him to be done with filming and get some rest... and not over work himself...

• Like 1

@BreezeC hahaha. Totally agree about the 80s feel of his old shows. Cinematography, it matters. And hair and makeup as well. And yeah, I don't understand why anyone would want a guy to be so thin, is his character sick or something. Anyway, his next role is action so here's to hoping he can get back to eating and exercising. Here's a new interview with English subs: 

This is the interview where I posted the text link before. 

• Like 1

When comparing his during-Guardian and post-Guardian interviews, it seems like we are watching different people. I previously thought he was shy, but now, I think he wasn't shy at all, but rather he doesn't quite know how to say things that people will find interesting (since he is know as a conversation killer) :)

@dzareth sometimes I feel like he's just too lazy to get his thoughts out. Another thing I've noticed is that he tends to answer joke questions very seriously. Like it won't be elegant to eat crab without his hands. He seriously contemplates doing it almost. Maybe these unusual answers is how he kills conversations. I don't know about shy but he is definitely an introvert. Staying up late into the night to have some alone time, he's already said it's really precious to him. I definitely have that tendency when I'm with people all the time to try to steal some time alone during the night. Might be why he's so tired lately. He's probably constantly surrounded now more than ever. But as an introvert the need for alone time is like the need for food. You have to fulfill it even at the cost of sleep. 

• Like 2

@siobhanne You said exactly what I want to say lol I completely agree with you. I sometime thinks my personality is very similar to ZYL and that's why I kind of understand him. I don't think he is shy, he mentioned he is outgoing and I think he is because of the way he interacted with his friends but he sometimes don't know what to say or answers questions because he either think too deeply into it and try to get out a more serious/worthwhile respond. I believe he is a very detailed person and think and analyze before he said stuff. To some people, they may think he is slow or don't know what to say but I feel like he is either thinking up a good response or if the question is ridiculous or nonsense, he tend not to want to answer and look for other people to take it instead. Plus I think he is a conversation killer because he doesn't really elaborate much on his responses and he may just want to give short response and it cause the interviewer to put that much effort to engage him. I have a feeling that he doesn't enjoy much being as the sole focus on the receiving end because it seems he is much more relax and talkative when he is the one initiating the questions instead. It is kind of funny how I seem to notice the interviewer or the host more often than not on their skills during their interaction with ZYL. I didn't realize some of the so call host are rather embarrassing when it is obvious the other person is awkward from whatever they are asking... It makes me appreciate He Jiong (Host of Happy Camp) a lot! lol 

• Like 2

Some screengrabs from ElleMen:

Spoiler

60d07ac6a7efce1b446851f4a251f3deb48f6509

cbf8933df8dcd100b5de611f7f8b4710b9122f09

82b44b10b912c8fcd68c6ff3f1039245d6882154

d09b4a2309f79052115dde0001f3d7ca7bcbd50a

517ba1345982b2b76bdda0fa3cadcbef76099b0a

750ae9dde71190efa0840be1c31b9d16fdfa6055

493e4690f603738dfbf7951cbe1bb051f819ec0b

c4a40f3b5bb5c9eab64e9addd839b6003af3b30b

0dc5a351f3deb48f52d438e0fd1f3a292df5780b

65f5ddc8a786c91778bfcb07c43d70cf3bc7570b

I'm really liking the unglam natural look of these. He even got to keep his lucky pimple. But I guess the photos will have more photoshop? : ( At first I misunderstood and hoped it was a new trend in celebrity photos.

Here's the interview: 

it's kind of refreshing for an Asian actor to admit they don't want to be stalked? (that's what I read between the lines.) 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:58 AM, siobhanne said:

it's kind of refreshing for an Asian actor to admit they don't want to be stalked? (that's what I read between the lines.)

Yup, I agree. He is politely telling fans not to overdo things and reminding us to emphasize on the parts of our lives that are REAL.

He has stated more than once that the first thing he considers with regards to an acting job is the team. I find this interesting because most actors would say the script, the character (challenge) and sometimes the opportunity to work with certain director/ ensemble. But ZYL has consistently said the "team". It kind of fits with his personality, though.

• Like 1

I am not sure am I the only one but I found ZYL's ponytail to be very hot and sexy...maybe I am weird lol I usually don't like men that have long hair or ponytail but everytime he ties it up...:wub: 

Anyway, I heard ZYL is going to be on the show PhantaCity and I look forward to that...For those that don't know the show, it is a show where they have 8 mins of live acting and singing of a story created by the pairing of the actor themselves and a director. Basically, it emphasized on the word "Live". The actor will enter the backstage where the stage/prop is already set and he/she will present a story with acting and singing while the director will be in the backroom to do on-the-spot editing/cutting/zooming. No NG and all needs to be in one-take. It is a very interesting concept because it test the ability of the actor and the director themselves. I remember seeing that when they didn't cut the screen to the next setting at precisely that minute, we will see the side characters running to the next scene or if they didn't shut the light at the precise moment, we see the production crews at the background running...so it is like a challenge and a team work to accomplish the final performance with success. I am happy ZYL take on this challenge but I noticed he looked very skinny lately. Hope he get some rest afterward and gain some weight lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@BreezeC I'm more in agreement with ZYL himself that it looks better than the bob, but not particularly into the pony tail (I like longer ones), not against it either, although the way it's hidden in some shows looks better imo. 

Thanks for the info on the show. He doesn't seem like the type who would be great at improv (the inner critic is too loud), cool to see him challenging himself. 

Here's a new vid with English subs: 

all the Michael Jordan shoes? Okay, maybe he was rich and not middle class like I thought :p. 

hah

And what kid has a hobby of collecting Western paintings? What does that even mean?! :D

On 8/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, siobhanne said:

hah

And what kid has a hobby of collecting Western paintings? What does that even mean?! :D

Baywatch posters, perhaps? :blink::blink:

I wouldn't call that western painting but who knows? Maybe that's a code...

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, dzareth said:

Baywatch posters, perhaps? :blink::blink:

I wouldn't call that western painting but who knows? Maybe that's a code...

Posters would make so much more sense than actual paintings. He said 洋画which Google translates as foreign painting, but when I search for it it shows a bunch of Hollywood movies, so I think it's a case of mistranslation and he said either foreign movies or movie posters. Which would make a lot more sense than that he was a child oil painting fanatic. 

aHa! The truth is out! Apparently it's https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-hans/翁仔標 and it's not uncommon for kids to collect them.