Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Sorry it’s a bit difficult for me to quote on my phone. I’ll just reply this way. Someone asked him if he would go to Milan Fashion Week when he arrived in Rome. And he answered no. 

It’s positive that he will attend LV’s event in Beijing on Sept. 26. I have a feeling that he’ll cut his hair short by then. I’m very excited for his new look.

The Golden Eagle Festive hasn’t been confirmed yet. There are a lot of events and shows saying he will attend, just to get more attention because his fan base is large now. We have to wait and see whether he will attend. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

Sorry it’s a bit difficult for me to quote on my phone. I’ll just reply this way. Someone asked him if he would go to Milan Fashion Week when he arrived in Rome. And he answered no. 

It’s positive that he will attend LV’s event in Beijing on Sept. 26. I have a feeling that he’ll cut his hair short by then. I’m very excited for his new look.

The Golden Eagle Festive hasn’t been confirmed yet. There are a lot of events and shows saying he will attend, just to get more attention because his fan base is large now. We have to wait and see whether he will attend. 

I can't imagine a more boring event to attend than a fashion show (actually I can, all sorts of ceremonies with long, formal speeches by bureaucrats). : D I think attending one once in your life so you see what they're about is plenty. 

I also just wanted to say that I anticipate him cutting his hair, he obviously doesn't like the current style (hence the ponytail). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

@paopaolongThanks for the info!:) I wish he attends a lot of events even if it isn't his style. Just so we can see more of him.:P Still looking forward to other possible events after all whatever he attends will be huge exposure for the organisers. May I ask if you are Chinese by any chance?

Yep, I am Chinese. And although I also wish he could show up more in some events, I think he will be very tired by doing so. I wish he could have more time to get some rest and gain a bit weight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, verliebtintraum said:

Hello to everyone in this thread!

I am a very new person here, but I was reading your comments for quite a while and I just wanted to say that you are so awesome :wub: Thank you so, so much for all the interesting information you post here! 

A lot of love from the Russian fan of ZYL :wub:

Wow...from Russian, i'm fom indonesia

• Like 3

21 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Thanks a lot @katthy:heart:  I have been trying it for a while but I can only surf it on app. Very helpful.

Sure! my pleasure! you're welcome ;)

welcome to all the new fans, it's so nice to see how much popularity ZYL has even outside of his country :D

girls THANKS for all the new intel and stuff !!!! ^_^

you know...

in the last vid @TheRedDragon posted... hearing him speak english... huwaaaaa it's such an amotion, it's just a singole word and it's not even in my language BUT... hear him speaking something familiar and more comprehensible to me... it's emotional anyway... :heart:

speaking of, it's known if ZYL know english?  anyone knows? :huh:

• Like 2

@katthy I've only seen videos of him saying single words. In general, the pronounciation is not that bad, but I'm inclined to think he is probably at beginner level. Why? Because almost all Chinese are, despite extensive studying at school. Why? Because they just cram grammar which is a stupid way to learn a language and doesn't work. I'd almost believe it's deliberately designed that way so the majority won't learn English (but still have a way to put a number people at national examinations), but China is not alone in bad language teaching.

His friend and classmate Peng Guan Ying reads english language books in chinese translations, indicating his English is not good (otherwise one would read the original). So far there's nothing to prove ZYL is any different. Although he did have a movie with a Thai actress, so may have tried to brush up on his english then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy I've only seen videos of him saying single words. In general, the pronounciation is not that bad, but I'm inclined to think he is probably at beginner level. Why? Because almost all Chinese are, despite extensive studying at school. Why? Because they just cram grammar which is a stupid way to learn a language and doesn't work. I'd almost believe it's deliberately designed that way so the majority won't learn English (but still have a way to put a number people at national examinations), but China is not alone in bad language teaching.

His friend and classmate Peng Guan Ying reads english language books in chinese translations, indicating his English is not good (otherwise one would read the original). So far there's nothing to prove ZYL is any different. Although he did have a movie with a Thai actress, so may have tried to brush up on his english then.

I have to say you are quite right about the English education in China. Like even though people start learning English from a young age, most of Chinese are at beginner ‘s level. And most Chinese people do not have the opportunity to use English in daily life other than taking tests.

As for Yilong, even though he went to the best high school in his hometown,  he was not a very good student, considering the fact that he slept all day during classes.  He also admits that his language talent is just so-so. But, I don’t think his English is bad. He tends to be overly modest when he describes himself. So I don’t really believe him when he says he’s ordinarily good-looking or he’s untalented. Besides, his English pronunciation is better than most Chinese people, believe me. 

I also want to go a bit further to discuss the fact that he’s very smart and hardworking. His favorite subject is maths, and he’s very good at Geometry. He got admitted to Beijing Film Academy with just three months of basic training in acting. (You know most of his classmates had been trained for years, or even we’re child stars.) He can be slow sometimes, but he knows what he’s doing and he wants to be responsible for what he says. I think he’s really precious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@paopaolong @TheRedDragon You guys are so great for jumping to his defense like that : ) I also think he's fantastic and seems like a smart guy, it's just that it's been a long time since he was in school and he hasn't really had a cause/chance to practice, so unless he made deliberate efforts to independently better or even maintain his english, I think international fans shouldn't get their hopes up about his english skills. But maybe he watches english movies without chinese subtitles, plays games in english or reads books in english, all of which would help him improve his english. I would of course be happy if that turns out to be the case. Or thinking about my own other language skills that have grown rusty with disuse, if he hasn't maintained his english since school, maybe he can understand conversational english in writing, but has trouble with more complex texts and speech, unless he has a lot of context clues. Anyway, I wasn't trying to look down on him or be critical, I think it's expected to be the case if you teach the language wrong so people don't become fluent, it just fades away unfortunately. I get a bit angry every time I think of the generations of kids in schools, studying crazy hours, all just to get a score on a test, and of very little practical value to themselves (South Korea is the same). Meanwhile, I was fluent by the 9th grade also from a basis of a language very different from English, just because I played games in english, watched movies in english with english subtitles, or without subtitles, and read books in english (Harry Potter anyone), with homework done for 5 min during recess. And I don't think I'm particularly talented in languages. This stupid torture of kids for no good reason is so infuriating. 

• Like 1