Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Speaking of how fantastic ZYL is. I don't know if anyone remembers, in the Guardian thread I mentioned his acting detail with glasses in Guardian where he pushes them up like one would a mask at times where the character wants to hide or mask himself. Someone has made a thread on the different ways ZYL pushes up glasses, depending on the character: 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5886598335

:wub::wub::wub:

I bet there's loads of hidden gems like that in his acting, his characters feel so full of life and I can't connect the to his own person at all. I don't know what some people who claim he is just average for his age group and just works hard have been consuming, because I wish that they could point me in the direction of all those other great actors so I could have stuff to watch, I'm somehow having trouble finding those great masters.

ETA: Someone who actually potentially speaks Chinese (I saw some other post where she said she doesn't) has done a translation of the esquire magazine interview (sometimes the translation goes out of the picture though):

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

But to be honest I still find in some parts hard to understand what he meant : D

• Like 4

@siobhannehahaha:D I believe him being modest is his virtue but being his fan, I can brag about him a bit;) It is not defensiveness but then no one but he knows his skills unless he takes on an international project. English is easy to learn. Thanks for the links:) His esquire interview is great. Very informative. I too don't understand all of it because the translation is a bit erroneous.:sweatingbullets: I can give you link to the original interview.

I really love his acting. You are so right about his glasses being his modern mask. Little gestures he plays are so small but they also tell his story. I too love to notice these details. He is someone who has struggled despite having a good face and talent because of his circumstances and I  believe major things for him are yet to happen. 

• Like 2

15 jam yang lalu, TheRedDragon berkata:

Hai !! @verliebtintraum  Selamat datang di utas ini. Semoga Anda dapat menikmati dan berbagi apa pun yang Anda inginkan tentang ZYL dan lainnya. Banyak cinta untukmu juga!:jantung:

Hai! @Maryana Uum  dan @ huilin84 Dapat  memposting apa pun dari youtube atau weibo atau apa pun yang Anda rasakan agar untaian kami menjadi aktif dan aktif. Terima kasih! : blush:

Thanks @TheRedDragon i'm fell so enjoy in here to meet you all from around the world

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:00 PM, paopaolong said:

I have to say you are quite right about the English education in China. Like even though people start learning English from a young age, most of Chinese are at beginner ‘s level. And most Chinese people do not have the opportunity to use English in daily life other than taking tests.

As for Yilong, even though he went to the best high school in his hometown,  he was not a very good student, considering the fact that he slept all day during classes.  He also admits that his language talent is just so-so. But, I don’t think his English is bad. He tends to be overly modest when he describes himself. So I don’t really believe him when he says he’s ordinarily good-looking or he’s untalented. Besides, his English pronunciation is better than most Chinese people, believe me. 

I also want to go a bit further to discuss the fact that he’s very smart and hardworking. His favorite subject is maths, and he’s very good at Geometry. He got admitted to Beijing Film Academy with just three months of basic training in acting. (You know most of his classmates had been trained for years, or even we’re child stars.) He can be slow sometimes, but he knows what he’s doing and he wants to be responsible for what he says. I think he’s really precious.

I think he is a very humble person. He is not only talented in his acting, he has a very good voice too. It is good that he knows English. Can anyone give the Link where we can hear him speak English ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

5f034df1gy1fvg37miq02j20qo0zkdo5.jpg

Does anyone know what they're eating here?

saw this too LOL

a fans asked him: "When will Teacher Zhu come back, I miss you, come back and have a hot pot to eat."

and he posted this LOL :D

it's definitely not Italian food, plus there are chopstick there so I would say something chinese but I don't recognize  :mellow:

• Like 2

@katthy Chinese and Korean people (my knowledge is based purely on variety shows though) always just go to Chinese/Korean restaurants when they travel, that's so odd to me. But I guess the cuisines are really different so it would be difficult to adjust. I definitely wouldn't waste my stomach real estate on Chinese food in Italy though ; ) As much as I wouldn't waste it on Italian food in China.

Who is this ant and do they just stalk ZYL during their Italy holiday or what? Do they live there? Professional stalker? I mean, he's hot, but it's kind of weird to take photos of someone through windows. Although, I suppose it would be weirder if they barged in and stood next to the table..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

Does anyone know what they're eating here?

All I could get was this was Sichuan cuisine and very spicy. It was mentioned as 水煮肉 and 酸辣粉咩. Some local dish. 

About the cuisine, you are right. European food tends to be very simple and not as spicy as he prefers. He might also be missing hotpot:yum:

@katthy About the hand holding thing, I remember it was ZYL first time directly encountering hoards of his fans at his shooting set for True Friend so the staff brought him dragged him to meet the masses. He was very shy and timid so the staff pulled his hand to wave at the fans as a reply. It was chaotic, the people kept shouting over him and crowd was getting out of control so after a few words he left. 

@choo3268 There is no interview of him in English as all his interviewers are Chinese as of yet. Except a few words as @siobhanne mentioned, there was no complete interview in English. I know he speaks with slight accent but good English. I will try find it when I find a bit time.

Tomorrow is going to be busy day. Final 20 episodes of his drama, release of footage from his New Ghost Story ad and some preview from PhantaCity on Sept30 and he might finally reach 10 mill followers so there might be his special treat. Also Guardian completed 100 days from the first broadcast so congrats.:star:

79d2aaddly1fvg8bgxfwuj21400qoqau.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy Chinese and Korean people (my knowledge is based purely on variety shows though) always just go to Chinese/Korean restaurants when they travel, that's so odd to me. But I guess the cuisines are really different so it would be difficult to adjust. I definitely wouldn't waste my stomach real estate on Chinese food in Italy though ; ) As much as I wouldn't waste it on Italian food in China.

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

All I could get was this was Sichuan cuisine and very spicy. It was mentioned as 水煮肉 and 酸辣粉咩. Some local dish. 

About the cuisine, you are right. European food tends to be very simple and not as spicy as he prefers. He might also be missing hotpot:yum:

Yes, you're right, I've read or heard, don't remeber, the same... chinese food is very spicy and also particular... and usually asian people prefer their cuisine... I suppose that's so also for Yilong LOL but it's a pity... I hope he tested at least one or two of ours good dishes LOL :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy Who is this ant and do they just stalk ZYL during their Italy holiday or what? Do they live there? Professional stalker? I mean, he's hot, but it's kind of weird to take photos of someone through windows. Although, I suppose it would be weirder if they barged in and stood next to the table..

yeah... I don't know who is this ANT but... in his profile on weibo is write that he's a male and come from Europe, UK

don't know if he's in Rome just to see and stalk ZYL... it would be really weird indeed otherwise

10 hours ago, TheRedDragon said:

Tomorrow is going to be busy day. Final 20 episodes of his drama, release of footage from his New Ghost Story ad and some preview from PhantaCity on Sept30 and he might finally reach 10 mill followers so there might be his special treat. Also Guardian completed 100 days from the first broadcast so congrats.:star:

79d2aaddly1fvg8bgxfwuj21400qoqau.jpg

great! I'm so excited, better be ready then!!!! ;):D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TheRedDragon @katthy If it's boiled meat, Sichuan and spicy, then it might be very close to hotpot, although not served as such. I guess he is a hotpot addict.

Actually maybe if my country's food were available in other countries I'd also go there. Although realistically I'd go because I would be so surprised about its existence I'd go to it like a tourist attraction, not because I can't live 2 weeks without it. I once happened to eat something in Amsterdam that resembled my grandma's cooking, and I almost started crying when I ate it, I was so happy. I left a 25% tip : p. But that was after half a year without my country's food, and many years since I've had it regularly. There were mitigating circumstances is what I'm saying. 

This ANT put the same birthday as ZYL, so I think the gender is also in reference to ZYL. I think it's a fan group, they seem to organize stuff. And they seem to follow ZYL everywhere he goes. I'm not really comfortable with this sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@katthy  @siobhanne   If I remember correctly, ANT (he/she/them) are stalkers. I remember seeing that name earlier before and saw some outrage at them for following ZYL. Looks like they are still doing it. That is soooo creepy and they should get a life. If they love ZYL and respect him, they should have listen to his interview and his studio's notice that they are against such actions. I am completely ok with seeing pictures of fans who accidentally see him and take pictures but I am quite angry at fans that follow and stalk him purposely. He looks uncomfortable and a bit scared. Anyone who knew the ins and outs of weibo, please go and report this. 

Motto from his true fans and from himself: Stay away from his personal life and focus on his works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, katthy said:

yeah... I don't know who is this ANT but... in his profile on weibo is write that he's a male and come from Europe, UK

don't know if he's in Rome just to see and stalk ZYL... it would be really weird indeed otherwise

whuaaaa really??!!!! it was his first time and was shy... what a lovely person he is! :heart:
I'm glad, so glad to know that Italian fans came to see him, a lot of people... maybe even a bit too much LOLOL (I can immagin him runnig away, safety before everything) but I feel really much better knowing that he got the affection and love of my country people, I was so afraid he wouldn't get it!

but if I can ask.... where did you read this intel?

great! I'm so excited, better be ready then!!!! ;):D

Hi @katthy Actually the shoot for My True Friend his latest drama has been going on since June and only just about to finish. Majority of shoot actually took place in Shanghai and only last few days in Rome as it is harder to get permission to film as it disrupts normal civilian life. So the pictures of him waving were actually shot very early in Shanghai so the fans are mostly Chinese. He actually walked away because the crowd was unmanageable and a girl fell down so to maintain security and safety of all, he just left.

72223e72ly1fvgxi469h8j21hc0u0wqo.jpg

• Thanks 1

ZYL sent flowers to Du GuanYing for his performance on stage. ZYL has previously recommended 'Flowers' book and has read it avidly. Coincidently, the stage actor is also Wu Xie in the stage performance of the Tomb Notes.

@Stage play  

Thanks to @朱一龙 Teacher, I wish the stage drama "Flowers" perform beautifully tonight.

006ZUImEgy1fvg6gp7e3sj32ao3287wj.jpg

ZYL Surpassed 10 million fans on Weibo! Special treat for us coming soon!:blush:005wugGBly1fvh117ywmpj30u01hc1d0.jpg

703acdbely1fvgyc4buh4j21dc0rsdu7.jpg

4a82e5c5gy1fvgui7vklvj21hc0u04qp.jpg

ZYL's Voice Acting For New Ghost Story

• Like 1

9 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@TheRedDragon @katthy This ANT put the same birthday as ZYL, so I think the gender is also in reference to ZYL. I think it's a fan group, they seem to organize stuff. And they seem to follow ZYL everywhere he goes. I'm not really comfortable with this sort of thing.

7 hours ago, BreezeC said:

@katthy  @siobhanne   If I remember correctly, ANT (he/she/them) are stalkers. I remember seeing that name earlier before and saw some outrage at them for following ZYL. Looks like they are still doing it. That is soooo creepy and they should get a life. If they love ZYL and respect him, they should have listen to his interview and his studio's notice that they are against such actions. I am completely ok with seeing pictures of fans who accidentally see him and take pictures but I am quite angry at fans that follow and stalk him purposely. He looks uncomfortable and a bit scared. Anyone who knew the ins and outs of weibo, please go and report this. 

Motto from his true fans and from himself: Stay away from his personal life and focus on his works.

geez! Since I'm really new to the Chinese world in general and actors and filming in particular, and a very new ZYL fan... I really was in the dark about everything and frankly I regret bitterly having posted all those photos (I deleted some and adjusted my posts)
thanks to have gave me all this info. I think that's really outrageous and offensive that these things happen and that ZYL must endure this kind of harassment is a disgust that I absolutely do not intend to instigate! Sorry for my naive mistakes, really the last thing I want to do is cause problems to ZYL and damages to his image, I admire and love him too much !!!  I truly tryly respect him and his motto, I known it from one of his interview where he asked to his fans to follow his career and not his privat life, like it's right it is.
sorry again... forgive pls this new and naive fan :(

Hi @katthy Actually the shoot for My True Friend his latest drama has been going on since June and only just about to finish. Majority of shoot actually took place in Shanghai and only last few days in Rome as it is harder to get permission to film as it disrupts normal civilian life. So the pictures of him waving were actually shot very early in Shanghai so the fans are mostly Chinese. He actually walked away because the crowd was unmanageable and a girl fell down so to maintain security and safety of all, he just left. 

@TheRedDragon Another info that I got wrong from THAT guy.... sorry... I modified my posts and wrote the right description, thank you very much to corrected me :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2