Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

@siobhanne I agree...At least now, people know who he is and that he can act...what's in the future...we can't control but I am sure there is a bunch of logical people who wishes him the best and will support him and his works. You did a pretty good job with the translation. Btw, do you remember a similar in-depth interview several months before which I also really like but I forget where and what the magazine or media it is for...I want to read it again but I don't remember where it is from...By any chance, do you remember? The one that he said it is ok to just experience fame once and he is fine when it is gone since it had been that way for 10 years.

• Like 1

de12cc26gy1fv6tv4py95j20j60pkn3a.jpg

Credit to Weibo

A cute fact today... the hot topic "Zhu Yi Long Hot Pot" is trending in Weibo because a fan caught Zhu Yi Long eating hot pot and took a picture of him outside the restaurant. In the meantime, Zhu Yi Long also updated his weibo account and replied back to 5 comments of his fans. It is his common practice to reply to three comments to his fans for his personal posting but this time it is five and fans are saying it is because 2 of the comments are related to hot pot and that Zhu Yi Long seems very happy since he got to eat hot pot. Fans started complaining (jokingly) that they lost hope in Zhu Yi Long because his one and true love is "Hot Pot" and we all know from his prior interviews, he always mention hot pot and every time someone else mentions it he is always smiling so happily. One girl said she is changing her name to 'Hot Pot' hahahahaha 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

@BreezeC haha. I saw the trending topic by accident but didn't know why it started. He must not be such a big introvert if he loves to eat hot pot 2-3 times a week, since it's a social activity. I love my friends but I can only comfortably be social once a week outside of work. The other article is from sina entertainment. I posted a translation by a Chinese fan on page 1 or 2 of this thread, the Chinese version is in the guardian thread, but can also be easily found on Google. 

@katthy to me it seems he just has topics he is willing to share about and those we won't talk about, but otherwise is quite open if he is comfortable with the reporter. He doesn't mind sharing his ideas about acting, and then can be lured into talking about his childhood memories. He won't talk about his personal life, but he is always polite about it. He tries to keep a clean line with fans, where he says he is grateful that the audience gives him more choices as an actor and he respects them. But never goes the idol line of saying he loves them. He is basically hinting to stay away from his personal life and not to try to hinder it (like it tends to happen with Chinese stars), because he is an actor, not an idol. 

• Like 1

hi! I have been watching Granting You A Dreamlike Life up to Ep 8 and am totally loving it so far. Finally, Zhu Yi Long is in a role that is usually reserved for Huang Xiao Ming or Liu Kai Wei in Republican dramas; the triad cad with a heart of gold who has that naughty-boy persona but is actually a softie at heart. Squeaaal!! ZYL does pining and pathos so well that he makes such a good second male lead (please watch Three Lifetimes and curse at the screen with me :) I saw it quite a while ago and I still recall how achingly vulnerable but stoic he can be -his character started out urrgh but matured over time) so I am SO SO SO SO pleased that he is NOW the male lead because he gets to be all Indiana Jones dashing and smexy but also pine (in a short period only as he will get the girl) most beautifully. Yippeee!! I loved the part where he was imagining she was doing a solo dance for him - whoever says he has no sex appeal is totally wrong.  I actually get why the female lead would be more inclined to the second male lead initially as Luo Fu Sheng hasnt actually been very outrightly nice to her. Am interested to see how it will all pan out!! 

• Like 2

@lizzieyen I also get and approve that she isn't into Luo Fu Sheng yet. And the second male is playing the classic nice guy, so is technically a better choice now. But I just don't find him attractive/charming, so my thinking is more why be with a guy at all, get a dog or something. But of course a fresh little girl like the female lead will have other ideas. 

His pining breaks my heart. But I enjoy the pain. 

@siobhanne  yeah I don’t find 2nd male lead attractive too but I get why female lead finds him attractive - he is learned, educated abroad and has a gentle naïveté which seems rare in this chaotic town and times.

I liked how Luo Fu Sheng was prepared to let it go by floating the paperboat with her picture but decided to man up and fight for her when he saw her at the ball. A real man!! 

I also think that female lead characterization is done pretty well - she managed to carry off that vibe of being interested in 2nd male lead (coz he is someone she has never met before) but not convinced yet she is romantically into him. 

Hi, I’m a Chinese fan of Zhu Yi Long and I came across this thread a few days ago. I like to read your comments and discussions about him. And I feel very happy to know that he has some international fans who are very supportive. I know it can be hard when language is the barrier, so I’d like to explain his words to you if you really want to understand (I’m afraid I don’t have too much time to translate everything).

Btw, he has taken a flight to Rome today to film My True Friends. They’re gonna film for ten days in Italy. After that, he’ll return and prepare for the new character Wu Xie. I read that there’s an Italian fan, so you might be lucky to encounter him when his filming in Italy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paopaolong said:

Hi, I’m a Chinese fan of Zhu Yi Long and I came across this thread a few days ago. I like to read your comments and discussions about him. And I feel very happy to know that he has some international fans who are very supportive. I know it can be hard when language is the barrier, so I’d like to explain his words to you if you really want to understand (I’m afraid I don’t have too much time to translate everything).

Btw, he has taken a flight to Rome today to film My True Friends. They’re gonna film for ten days in Italy. After that, he’ll return and prepare for the new character Wu Xie. I read that there’s an Italian fan, so you might be lucky to encounter him when his filming in Italy.

Yay! A local! Thank you for the information! We'll try to not abuse your powers too much. I've gotten so desperate that since his interviews often have subtitles, I'm using google translate to understand them : D 

My current biggest question that I can't find an answer to is: I keep hearing there's an official Zhu Yi Long cut on youku for his new drama. I'm anyway watching the episodes there as they come out (I can't receive an sms from youku to make an account), but for rewatching yet another time I would like to watch only his parts. How do I access that cut? I've heard it's only on mobile.

@katthy Yes, that's his official account. It says underneath that it's verified.

@lizzieyen Please join us in the official thread for the drama : )

5 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Yay!!!! what a nice news, you're very welcomed here, and I'm personally glad to have e few more person that can help me to feel less distant from the world where ZYL lives! Thanks for your disponibility and kindness ^^

5 hours ago, paopaolong said:

Yes! it's me, I'm his Italian fan :D THANK YOU SO MUCH @paopaolong for the intel about the location where ZYL'll be filming in Italy and his schedule, UNFORTUNATELY I'm from north Italy so... I'm more or less 6 hours by car distant from Rome... TOO distant... I'm so afraid for not be able to go there and meet him... I'd really loved it... it would be like a dream comes true for me... damn distance!! why not Venice, it would have been easir! unlucky me!!! :bawling:

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy Yes, that's his official account. It says underneath that it's verified.

Great! it's right, thank you very much for the confirmation! ^^

the sad thing is that international can't subscribe, I'd really loved to make him feel the support also from Italy... :(

Yayayayay!!! More fans to talk about Zhu Yi Long lol I hope he gets to enjoy Rome while they're filming... 

@lizzieyen I agree with you. The reason why I can watch all the episodes of the drama and not just Zhu Yi Long's cut is because I like the main female lead. Her acting is pretty good and she make her character believable. The second male lead characterization is just sooo unbelievable as a stand alone character but it make sense in the eyes of the female lead so far. I am also surprise when Luo Fu Sheng decided to fight for her (although his tactics are very unusual and unfruitful lol) I was expecting him to be the typical selfless guy who just let his bestfriend be with her and he'll just try his best to let go but NO! He is trying to win her while being fair and honest about it. Such an awesome character... btw, if you want to discuss farther, we can go to the drama thread hehehe... I am going back and forth between these two threads lol 10 more episode for tomorrow but I plan to take my time to watch it :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

My current biggest question that I can't find an answer to is: I keep hearing there's an official Zhu Yi Long cut on youku for his new drama. I'm anyway watching the episodes there as they come out (I can't receive an sms from youku to make an account), but for rewatching yet another time I would like to watch only his parts. How do I access that cut? I've heard it's only on mobile.

I have only seen previews of the episodes but not official ZYL cut on YouTube - somehow the previews are all ZYL focused so its good in my books! but if I find it will let you know.

I know about this official cut! So I am Chinese but I live in the US. And I figured out that in order to have the official cut function you have to first download the youku app. And then use some kind of VPN app to trick it to believe you are in China , and then you will see the function on the lower right corner when you play the video .. I know, it's a pain .

Also I can help answer some of your other questions as well! when I have time that is :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey all!! For those waiting for English subtitles, I have recapped Granting You a Dreamlike Life until episode 3. You can find it at jpsporadicmusings.wordpress.com ! Will be recapping at least once a week, if not more. (This is also good for if you want to skip the drama to watch only Zhu Yi Long parts. I watch it so you don't have to! Hehe.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, jayyepeee said:

Hai semua!! Bagi mereka yang menunggu subtitle bahasa Inggris, saya telah mengulang Granting You a Dreamlike Life hingga episode 3. Anda dapat menemukannya di jpsporadicmusings.wordpress.com! Akan dilakukan rekas setidaknya satu kali seminggu, jika tidak lebih. (Ini juga bagus jika Anda ingin melewatkan drama untuk menonton hanya bagian-bagian Zhu Yi Long. Saya menontonnya sehingga Anda tidak perlu melakukannya! Hehe.)

@jayyepeee how can i find it...

@ryechel Thanks! That totally worked! You don't need VPN as long as youku is not blocked in your country. Open the video, then full screen it, and the most rightmost icon on the bottom is some sort of weird promotional thing, but the one right next to it that says 只看TA lets you choose an actor's face and then will only select his parts. Mwahahahahaha.