Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

51 minutes ago, katthy said:

yeah, very very popular I didn't expect he was :D (but not at all because he don't deserve it, just because I'm very new with chinese world!)
I heard that Guardian was deleted from YT official channel too but glad to read, it will be broadcast on YouKu channel again... even if with edited or deleted parts (such a shame... and sad because cast and crew not deserve such a treatment... but that's censorship so...) at least ZYL acting skill will be viewed and recognized again ! ^_^

Great, I'm very happy to know that this future role could give him even major popularity, I'm sure he'll be perfect even in this role!
this is a poster of the serie with ZYL that I saw few days ago... probably not of much help though... :sweatingbullets:

hu.jpg

about nudity content... I'll not keep my hopes too high... censorship is always there -_-

I know the general background of this character, but not enough since I haven't read the series.  I'm planing to do so next month! So this series have 4 sets of stories, and the one ZYL will be filming is the 4th set. For now I know that wu xie 吴邪 started off as a very innocent person in the first set of books, in fact, his Nick name is Wu xie 无邪(same pronunciation but means innocent) he was a beginner in the first set and he has two partner who guided and worked with him: Zhang qiling 张起灵 and Wang pangzi 王胖子.(lots of fan girls ship Zhang and Wu xie lol) what they do is generally explore lost tombs and bring back artifacts from it. Set 2 I don't know the details, but somewhere during set 2 or the end of set 1, Zhang got locked away. So in set 3, Wu xie tried his best to get his friend out, even though that means he had to get his hands dirty.(also don't know the details, but apparently Wu xie is pretty dark in set 3) . Fortunately at the end of set 3 he was able to get Zhang out. So in set 4, the trio is back working together and Wu xie returns to his true inoccent self (although I think remembering what happened in set 3 he is never the same person again). He is also in trouble because his body is dying (reason I don't know yet) so the main story of set 4 is his friends trying to help him find a way to cure his body. Also, in set 4, Wu xie should be getting to his 40s, but because of something he experienced he looks younger than his age. So I think ZYL is perfect in terms of age wise.

I believe that ZYL picked this character/script because of its complexity. Wu xie is someone who had a good heart but once lost his friend, did dark things, got hurt badly, got his friends back, and is now dying. The fact that ZYL picked this character made us love him more, because this is a very popular series so fans always criticize the actor playing Wu xie,  and instead of choosing a script that is safer and can help him stabilize his popularity, he chose this one which doesn't guarantee him positive feedback just because he wants challenges.

In terms of nudity scene..There are quite a few in the Novel, and I think the author said he wants to keep some lol. Maybe not complete nudity though :)

if you guys are interested I can probably do some recap when I am reading the series later. This is a super long series 16+ books I think? So it will take a while. (ZYL also mentioned that there are a lot of homework to do for this character lol)

Btw, the picture you have there is not the final look of this character, we know this character suppose to have short hair, so we might be able to see it soon because ZYL just finished the true friend series and can cut his hair now. 

Edited by ryechel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@ryechel A recap would be great! Thank you! I think a couple of books are also translated to english and available from amazon, although I seem to recall people said the translation is not very good. I hope this show will be good. ZYL is very suited to play the action male hero, like male stars from earlier times. And I imagine it's sort of a little boy's dream type of character, the slightly vulnerable hero. But then of course now that he's older he's drawn to the complexity and the challenge.

@katthy He's done a lot of kiss scenes in the past, so I think they were just coaching him on the correct angle. And the embarrassment is maybe because someone is literally holding him by the neck and forcing his face onto someone else's (coaching on the angle). I think he's too experienced and professional to make a fuss about having to do a kiss scene but being too shy, they wanted the light to hit them just right.

• Like 1

thank you so much @ryechel for ALL this information about the serie, so much helpful :kiss_wink:

6 hours ago, ryechel said:

I believe that ZYL picked this character/script because of its complexity. Wu xie is someone who had a good heart but once lost his friend, did dark things, got hurt badly, got his friends back, and is now dying. The fact that ZYL picked this character made us love him more, because this is a very popular series so fans always criticize the actor playing Wu xie,  and instead of choosing a script that is safer and can help him stabilize his popularity, he chose this one which doesn't guarantee him positive feedback just because he wants challenges.

Yeah! ZYL likes complex characters and I'm so so happy for him about this role, I admire him SO MUCH!!! :heart:  and of course I'll watch the serie, can't wait to see his interpretation which I'm sure will be PERFECT as always!!!  ^_^

6 hours ago, ryechel said:

In terms of nudity scene..There are quite a few in the Novel, and I think the author said he wants to keep some lol. Maybe not complete nudity though :)

if you guys are interested I can probably do some recap when I am reading the series later. This is a super long series 16+ books I think? So it will take a while. (ZYL also mentioned that there are a lot of homework to do for this character lol)

Btw, the picture you have there is not the final look of this character, we know this character suppose to have short hair, so we might be able to see it soon because ZYL just finished the true friend series and can cut his hair now

We'll see about nudity... still not convinced that chinese censorship will let them... but thanks again for the info! anyway... what I'm more concern about is the fact that Yilong will have to cut his hair...sigh... I SO LOVE him with hair a bit longer... like in this pics

Spoiler

55913728d36fbe7gw1f0ea8xo4pcj22db3f1b29.

48848248d36fbe7gw1f0ea8t4qswj22db3f1e81.

6596069006962ufjw1f1ab6qp9hsj31401z4tux.

97098388d36fbe7gw1f0ea8olu17j22db3f11ky.

81784358d36fbe7gw1f0ea94858nj22db3f1e81.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siobhanne said:

@katthy He's done a lot of kiss scenes in the past, so I think they were just coaching him on the correct angle. And the embarrassment is maybe because someone is literally holding him by the neck and forcing his face onto someone else's (coaching on the angle). I think he's too experienced and professional to make a fuss about having to do a kiss scene but being too shy, they wanted the light to hit them just right.

Sure, I know, he has experience in kiss scene and in fact I thought too that was something that the coach may have did or said LOL but the gesture ZYL did was cute anyway ^_^

I rememberd now an interview where were asked to ZYL to choose between kiss scene and dance scene and he choose kiss scene, of course LOLOL  (if I'm not wrong he doesn't like dance) so I assume he doesn't feel uncomfortable to make them by now :lol:

1 hour ago, katthy said:

what I'm more concern about is the fact that Yilong will have to cut his hair...sigh... I SO LOVE him with hair a bit longer... like in this pics

I know how you feel, but we will get to see a new ZYL! I believe he can pull off any hairstyle lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katthy said:

Sure, I know, he has experience in kiss scene and in fact I thought too that was something that the coach may have did or said LOL but the gesture ZYL did was cute anyway ^_^

I rememberd now an interview where were asked to ZYL to choose between kiss scene and dance scene and he choose kiss scene, of course LOLOL  (if I'm not wrong he doesn't like dance) so I assume he doesn't feel uncomfortable to make them by now :lol:

Hehe, yeah he dislikes dancing in public. In another interview he had to choose between a crying scene and a kiss scene, and chose crying. I didn't mean that he's not uncomfortable at all, I just meant he's too professional to need someone to push his head in because he was dawdling, like it might appear from the gif, so the reason for the pushing must have been different. In my opinion to get the right angle. Maybe someone did say something funny to make them laugh : )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ryechel said:

I know how you feel, but we will get to see a new ZYL! I believe he can pull off any hairstyle lol. 

yeah I know... and I know also that he would be handsome even without hairs :D but it's just me..... I have a weak for long hair men... so, ZYL+long hair... that's the top for me :sweat_smile:    I'll love him anyway though hihihihi :tounge_xd:

Hehe, yeah he dislikes dancing in public. In another interview he had to choose between a crying scene and a kiss scene, and chose crying. I didn't mean that he's not uncomfortable at all, I just meant he's too professional to need someone to push his head in because he was dawdling, like it might appear from the gif, so the reason for the pushing must have been different. In my opinion to get the right angle. Maybe someone did say something funny to make them laugh : )

Yes, I agree with your assumption LOL :lol:

I didn't know about the choice between crying and kiss scenes...  so he choose the crying one?  well... after I saw this preview about Letting You Float Like A Dream, I can understand, he's so good... I swear that I got moved watching him crying... it was overwelming.... his astonishing acting is so perfet that even if I didn't understand the conversation he made me cry as well... geez!!! :bawling:

https://www.weibo.com/6306582185/GAyy9yWOB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRedDragon said:

ZYL is very cute! His best friend describes him as innocent and vivid. And ZYL is very shy! I really like him. From all I have noticed in his previous roles, he actually let's the actresses take a more dominant role and is an all round gentleman, even prudish. He is very sweet.  

from the insufficient experience that I have as ZYL fan... and from the little time that I'm following him...  I got this impression about him anyway, glad to read I got it right  :sweat_smile:  it's always so nice to know things like this... about his personality and behave...  so thanks! and... any time you can, pls go on :kiss_wink:

In a press conference for Royal Sister Returns he was asked to kiss Ady An who always liked to jokingly bully him. It was FUNNY. He was sweating and took a stroll on the stage, did warm-ups like he was preparing for battle or Muay Thai. In the end Ady pulled him and they stood close to each other at an angle. It was hilarious and the reporters were making it so difficult for them to take it seriously.

geez!!! really??!!!! :lol:  ohhh I so would like to see this press conference video... do you know where I can find and watch it by chance?

I did read about him choosing crying between kissing and crying because 'there are two people involved in kissing so I can only account for my acting':D

:joy: This looks like him, of course!!!

• Like 1

@TheRedDragon Louis Vuitton city guides, "luxury books and city guides, made with outstanding craftsmanship and high quality materials." .... 

barely any pictures or functional maps inside...

colored pages making it more difficult to read...

The most pretentious travel item I've ever seen? Yes. Possibly. Yes.

Okay, trying to suppress my inner anti-capitalist : p At least the price is only 30€, fairly normal range for city guides I guess. Although normally they come with way more pictures on sturdier paper. But it's fine, suppressing myself, suppressing myself, everything's fine.

I'm glad to hear he also wants to be fatter/more muscular again : ) I wonder why his character has to be so thin, I guess we'll find out once it airs. Btw, did anyone notice from the bts pics/clips, that the director seems to be very fond of him : )

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, katthy said:

from the insufficient experience that I have as ZYL fan... and from the little time that I'm following him...  I got this impression about him anyway, glad to read I got it right  :sweat_smile:  it's always so nice to know things like this... about his personality and behave...  so thanks! and... any time you can, pls go on :kiss_wink:

geez!!! really??!!!! :lol:  ohhh I so would like to see this press conference video... do you know where I can find and watch it by chance?

:joy: This looks like him, of course!!!

I will try to find the press video. Yeah, he is very interesting. He describes himself as very ordinary. And he actually is. It makes it very fascinating to know exactly what his inner life must be like. For extroverts and flashy people, they express themselves naturally. But for a silent observer, lost in their own thoughts and collecting impressions about humanity to constantly interpret through himself, who keeps surprising by acting and living different lives, he is very intriguing.:wub: 

6f62b3c4gy1fvjkji8ovxj21hc0u0x1t.jpg

16 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

@TheRedDragon Louis Vuitton city guides, "luxury books and city guides, made with outstanding craftsmanship and high quality materials." .... 

Okay, trying to suppress my inner anti-capitalist : p At least the price is only 30€, fairly normal range for city guides I guess. Although normally they come with way more pictures on sturdier paper. But it's fine, suppressing myself, suppressing myself, everything's fine.

I'm glad to hear he also wants to be fatter/more muscular again : ) I wonder why his character has to be so thin, I guess we'll find out once it airs. Btw, did anyone notice from the bts pics/clips, that the director seems to be very fond of him : )

I agree with you. I am not very fond of shopping whimsically and ZYL comes across as very practical as well. His personal thoughts aside, now is very sensitive time for him, both personally and professionally. This display is actually more of an announcement of his affiliation to the brand which might be officially announced soon. So don't worry too much. His fans are very astute and intelligent and know that entertainment circle requires certain celebrity. As long as it can fetch him stability and resources, he might have something to fall back on in a few years. It is about personal will as well. Many fans can and want to support him. The actor ZYL of Guardian has been promoted to a hot brand by his own fans and everyone knows it. They are his USP until he has more choices in his job.

His character is thin 'internationally renowned interior designer'. It is cool he creates different looks for each character even at personal cost. Hopefully he can gain back some weight. Yes, the director seems to be fond of him, I remember Guardian Director being fond of him as well. And I hear that the one he worked with on Phantacity is also very fond of him. I guess good actors and good directors work well bonding creatively.:)

74c3f461ly1fvjc5ao165j20hs0jxjt7.jpg

• Like 4

@TheRedDragon I guess it would make sense if they're collaborating. He was wearing some of their stuff as well recently. That does reassure me : p I was also relieved when I found out that the feather necklace he bought is not 5000$ normally, like someone said, but 150- a couple hundred if you wait in line and visit the store like he and PGY did, a totally reasonable price for a hand-crafter silver item. I just hate random brand stuff, and when brands write their names hugely on everything etc. All that flashy nonsense. And he doesn't strike me as flashy or pretentious so it's weird to see him with stuff like that.

Then again I'm a person who doesn't understand why one would buy clothes with holes in them and wears socks with sandals, so I'm basically a frumpy aunty and shouldn't talk about fashion : p

But yeah, ads are where the money is. I certainly don't begrudge actors trying to build a bit of a nest egg, such a volatile career. The more security he has, the more freedom he has to choose his projects and work for a long time : )

The look of the character matters a lot, some roles don't work if you're too muscular or bulky. I don't like actors playing with their health if it's not necessary for the character though, so I hope his character is ill or weak or something in the story, or aescetic or something. Basically that it's not for no particular reason. But e.g. XJC actor in Granting you a dreamlike life looked way too muscular and sporty, and it made no sense for 3/4 of the story and looked super silly. I trust that ZYL is not just doing it for fun and it has some reason, his normal frame is not so muscular that it would look out of place on a normal office guy. 

Yup, a lot of his collaborators seem to like and respect him : ) Makes perfect sense to me : p

• Like 2

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

Oh that was the director? I noticed that as well haha, but I don't know who the person was, I just kept noticing him around zhu yilong in pics and bts vids and I wondered whether he was his manager or another actor in the drama he happens to be close with.

I'm glad to know that directors are easily fond of him, the adorable guy, haha, perhaps this would help him get better projects ><

On a side note, I'm almost done watching his new drama and really, the plot goes round and round it makes me dizzy I almost quit it, but I do like luo fusheng and also his costar an yuexi is a great actress so I stuck around. I have to say though, I love his wardrobe in the latter episodes, nice colors, and they really bring out his eyes.

Talking about which, I notice his eyes are a very light color but I can't be really certain what color they are because sometimes they almost look green? I don't know haha

• Like 2

Zhu Yi Long makes it to the weibo hot topic again and once again it is something very simple but very adorable. Please see the link below...not sure how to link clips from weibo. Hot Topic "Zhu Yi Long can't open champagne bottle" lol Apparently, they celebrated the ending of filming "My true friend" and Zhu Yi Long is suppose to open the champagne bottle along with some other people. He can't open it and spend over a minute trying to open it while the person next to him is already celebrating with an open bottle. You first see him trying to open it, then he turned around and bended over to try to pull it, next he turn back around and try to open it with his mouth...as well as twisting it...finally, someone helped him. lol He looks adorable throughout the process. 

Turns out some production crew said that he was the first one to open the champagne bottle earlier but he then put the cork back in. There is funny dialogue going on that the cork is not to blame, it is because ZYL himself putting it back too tight...lol

http://t.cn/EPUPSmn

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@BreezeC You see, stuff like this is why he feels like the youngest child to me, look at how adorable I am, I deserve to survive. He had a 'really? is that really okay?' face when the director showed to drink straight from the bottle. (And then did the quickest sip, because no, that's kind of disgusting if you're going to pour the champagne to glasses). 

@Maryana Uum You can see a list of celebrity threads, if you go to global celebrities and the topmost pinned thread. Last I checked there wasn't a thread for Bai Yu yet. But you can read the other thread for rules and start your own Bai Yu thread and invite people to visit. I really like his acting, but I don't have enough energy to be an active fan of two people at a time and ZYL just happens to be just my type both in looks and in personality.

• LOL 2

These are the clips with original audio ;)

video 1

video 2

3 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Turns out some production crew said that he was the first one to open the champagne bottle earlier but he then put the cork back in.

don't know BreezeC but I find it hard to believe because once you pull out the cork usually it's har to put the cork, back (even so tightly) because once pulled out it becomes wider.. so... don't know if believe it :sweatingbullets:

@BreezeC You see, stuff like this is why he feels like the youngest child to me, look at how adorable I am, I deserve to survive. He had a 'really? is that really okay?' face when the director showed to drink straight from the bottle. (And then did the quickest sip, because no, that's kind of disgusting if you're going to pour the champagne to glasses).

ahahahah yeah, I noticed too the face he pulled out... ahahah too funny, he was almost incredule of what the director was doing, he took a long look then decided to join the director and take a sip from the battle, TOOOOOO CUTE 1518254212.gif

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, katthy said:

video 2

don't know BreezeC but I find it hard to believe because once you pull out the cork usually it's har to put the cork, back (even so tightly) because once pulled out it becomes wider.. so... don't know if believe it :sweatingbullets:

The person in your second link who took the video wrote that at first ZYL took the cork off and it made a loud sound and he was scared/joked that he was scared and everyone laughed. He then pressed the cork hard back in, because he was ready earlier than the others. By now the director and other guy had finished opening their bottles, but ZYL couldn't open his. The rest is in the video. The reason why they didn't film the beginning was because they forgot to press start.

33 minutes ago, siobhanne said:

The person in your second link who took the video wrote that at first ZYL took the cork off and it made a loud sound and he was scared/joked that he was scared and everyone laughed. He then pressed the cork hard back in, because he was ready earlier than the others. By now the director and other guy had finished opening their bottles, but ZYL couldn't open his. The rest is in the video. The reason why they didn't film the beginning was because they forgot to press start.

Gosh! WHY I CAN'T KNOW CHINESE!!!! Thanks Siobhanne for the translation (I tried with google translator but was a mess)

Fine so really happened! he really was able to put the cork back, wow he's really a man of million talents then! but why on earth I even doubted in him??!!!!  I should have known he's able to do it :sweat_smile: