Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

Thanks for all the links, I look forward to english subs for all of those. I saw on facebook that the one wih the salmon shirt and duplings is when he cooks a meal for you and asks for leave for you because you have a cold. And apparently the membership cards or whatever sold out in an instant. 

This is part 2 of an interview, with English subs:

I was saddened to hear about the death of his legendary green fan :'( 

This is a behind the scenes from his next show, no subs, but I think can be enjoyed without : )

https://weibo.com/6306582185/GxlycA1sp 

This is youku bts:

https://weibo.com/1940275640/Gxl0G6sZx

I had a look at lost tomb to get more idea about the character "Wu Xie". And then realised this is the same character in tomb of the sea, but played by different actors. I'm curious to see the kind of Wu Xie that ZYL will bring to viewers.

I'd love to see him an action role and maybe show off a bit of arms and shoulders, like that small scene in gurdian when he wore the black wifebeater hehe....

@siobhanneI love watching BTS too but usually I watch it after seeing the actual show but this time I can't wait. While watching this, I noticed a sweet detail that after every fight scenes, Zhu Yi Long always go ahead and ask/pat the person who fell down to make sure they are ok. What a great guy!

I am really looking forward to this drama because it is a type that he never tried before and he said he pick this character because it is soooo different from himself. There is this playfulness to his character as well as being very thick skinned rogue who are really a sweet and loving man underneath. At least this is what I am sensing from everything I see so far...

• Like 1

Drama this year quite messes up my standard in grading a drama or an acting. Early this year, I got NiF 2 which messed me big time in aspect of story telling and ancient ethic. Then I got Guardian which messed me big time in how 2 male actors acted in bromance bordering BL. After Guardian, I follow Zhu Yi Long, watching his Border Town Prodigal. That drama has rather bad story telling, but what amazed me is Zhu Yi Long's Fu Hong Xue. It is the first time I can feel a character depression nature for the entire drama. Just looking at him, I already felt sad. Before, I usually only felt characters melancholic mood on and off even though the story should demand they stay in that mood for a certain duration.

After watching Guardian, seeing what it could be between 2 male actors acting "bromance", SCI feels flat to me. And now it lessen my enjoyment watching Ashes of Love ...... Sigh ......

After this, I am planning to watch Three Lifetime. Would that drama brings more "trouble" to me??:D

• Like 3

@xienrue I know exactly what you mean... After Guardian, I became a bit particular with my acceptance of acting...I have a hard time watching others which acting is not up to par. I feel a bit spoiled lol 

Fu Hong Xue will always remain an aching in my heart. I never see a drama where I feel so sad for a character from beginning to ending. I mean it is common to feel sad for a male lead since they either started off bad and then gets better or have a good upbringing but then tragedy strikes... but I never seen a MAIN character that was sad from beginning to end (Not counting the sequel, talking about this drama only). Even the two women who was suppose to 'love' him brought him so much pain and was constantly trying to kill him... Looking at Zhu Yi Long's portray of Fu Hong Xue itself is so sad and depressing... but still it is one of my favorite characters of his...

I have not been brave enough to watch Three Lifetime yet lol I have been through almost all of ZYL's old movies and I am still traumatize from how many time he died and how many different ways he died and suffer...it is enough to give a person depression...sigh... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

@BreezeC I know, right? Border Town Prodigal is not even that good of Production, but the Fu Hong Xue character just so devastatingly sad. I read the novel, too and I am happy the depressed mood in the novel is translated into the drama perfectly. He doesn't even need to talk or crying or something, and I already pity him very much.

I am done watching Border Town Prodigal, As Flowers Fade and Fly to the Sky, and in the middle of Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang. The last one, I am struggled to finish it. I hate the female character:mellow:. Dunno why, I get the feel that drama these days (not just Chinese) seems to give lots of pass to a character that makes lots of trouble/mess just because that character is the female lead .....

Three Lifetime seems to be a painful drama, too. But I think I will take the risk, hahahahaha. After that, perhaps I will try with Tomb Rider to prepare me watching Zhu Yi Long interpretation of Wu Xie. Do you have recommendation which adaption that I should watch first?

• Like 1

It seems Letting you float like a dream or whatever ZYL's new drama is called will premiere on the 7th of September. If I understood correctly. Super excited : ) I hope it will be subbed fast.

Thinking about it, I'm excited for the tomb series now because it won't have a romatic plot. I think ZYL has been waiting for such a plot. Kind of Shen Wei as well, even though it was romantic, but because it was between men it didn't play out like the typical cliches of romance dramas so it was a nice change.

I agree about SCI, I tried to get into it for a couple of episodes, but their interactions are not very deep and the acting doesn't pull me in. 

• Like 1

I think what lacking in SCI is the subtlety of the actors when playing the characters.

@BreezeC, @siobhanne, did you watch Guardian because you fans of the novel of was it by chance? In my case, it was really by chance and I was hooked until the end - despite whatever faults of the story.

I tried to watch Border Town, but it wasn't very compelling to watch. ZYL should not frown that much. That a great sin! I look forward to Floating Clouds since that character has similarities with Zhou Yun Lan which is a character ZYL said he wanted to try. The lead actress also seemed quite interesting.

I'm watching Ruyi right now and I thought ZYL would make a good QL, though I dont want him to have a Manchu hairstyle...

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@dzareth I saw the poster of guardian on one of those pirating sites and became interested enough to check it out. Watched a couple of episodes, then found the YouTube channel and watched there. I remember one of the first things about Zhu Yi Long I noticed were his fabulous eyelashes, which are really not a common feature for east asian guys. Bai Yu I knew from love o2o but didn't really realize before checking out who the actors are. I was surprised that he can also look hot if given the opportunity. And yeah, their interactions were interesting enough to keep me tuned in. Anyway, you can laugh at special effects so it is its own kind of entertainment. I'm used to bad special effects from my days of watching bbc merlin. And luckily the weird chess obsessed guy wasn't heavily featured in earlier episodes. One problem with sci is also that they get into the super weird and unrealistic criminals straight from the beginning, instead of giving us time to get to know and root for the main guys. Chinese tv shows have some weird ideas about what makes a compelling villain. Memory lost also had some weird teenager level writing of villains. They seem to think it's better the more cartoonishly evil the baddie is, but actually it's the opposite. It's best when you can almost root for them. (like Ye Zun for a lot of people, even though I still think he is a weaselly loser who should have tried to be less of a loser). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I second your sentiment about Bai Yu! :lol:

I watched memory lost but never realised he was the guy in love o2o. BY should really keep some of that facial hair. ZYL was the biggest surprise in Guardian. But after a couple of episodes i began to appreciate BY too. 

• Like 1

I second Bai yu in Suddenly this Summer. He started of cute and ended up HOT without the facial hair ( I think I prefer him without, although in Guardian he was spot on for his character). Don't shoot me but I sometimes thought in Guardian he played ZYL a bit cartoonish, but in STS boy can he act (the crying scene in particular stole my heart). 

Ps.  although ZYLong is hot (otherwise I wouldn't be here) I think he is hotter in glasses. Maybe it's just the Shen wei affect!

• LOL 2

@dzareth I came across Guardian by chance. I actually saw the trailer and the trailer was very good plus I like supernatural theme drama. So when I saw the trailer and two good-looking guys as lead, I went ahead and check out the first episode and the moment I saw SW looked at ZYL for the first meeting, I am doom lol

You know what I found really funny...for me personally... I never saw Zhu Yi Long's acting before Guardian but while watching all his prior works I realized I saw and know many of his drama but for some reason I never saw him act even through I see pictures of him. To me, he is just another good looking guy that I know nothing about. I was shock when I found his song from 3 Lifetime in my phone lol Apparently, I love the song and download it but never realized who is the singer lol 

The story of my "missed" fate with Mr. Zhu Yi Long lol

Love for Three Lifetimes - Download his song mv on my phone because I like the song but didn't check out the drama because it looks to angst

Legend of MiYue - Watched the beginning and lost interest at the end (where Mr. Zhu grow up and appeared at the end)

Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang - Watched the first episode and was planning to continue but never did (Missed out on Mr. Zhu)

Border Town Prodigal - Saw the poster and like the story, put it on my waiting list to watch but never did (Missed Mr. Zhu again)

Royal Sister Returns - Watched the trailer for Ady but never picked up this drama (Missed Mr. Zhu 3x)

As Flowers Fade and Fly Across The Sky - Jumped into one of the episode to check it out, saw two girls switching face and bad acting, gave up the drama (Missed Mr. Zhu 4x)

Eternal Wave - Watched the movie while playing on my pc and only remember a good looking guy playing the piano (Missed Mr.Zhu 5x)

Guardian - Finally!!! I discovered Mr. Zhu Yi Long!!! LOL 

Now I am counting the days til his next drama!!!

@xienrue Hang in there for Xin Xiao Shi Yi Lang, I honestly roll my eyes at the female lead and sometime the male lead as well...some of their thoughts and intention drives me nut but it is all worth it once you see Lian Cheng Bi turn to the dark side. I love it!

I didn't watch any of the adaption but if you want to follow in sequence I think the one with Li Yi Feng should be the first one. I am hearing some very good reviews of the one with Wu Lei airing now but Wu Xie is already in his thirties. Zhu Yi Long's Wu Xie would be after this drama in terms of the storyline. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

@BreezeC, such tragic fate you have there :lol::lol:. So 5th time is the charm, huh? I think pretty much everyone who likes ZYL post-Guardian is due to that 'moment' when Shen Wei first met Zhao Yunlan :wub::wub:.

And then one starts to notice the eyelashes. And then the acting. And then the chemistry. And then Bai Yu. That is, if one hasn't been sold by the main OST or trailer.

Li Yifeng's version is a bit childlike as he 's just starting to learn the ropes from 3rd Uncle. I quite like Wu Fei from TotS

• Like 3

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av28981808?spm_id_from=333.338.__bofqi.27 Hehe. This video is just really cute. Watch till the end for maximal adorableness.

He's advertising for some game:

Spoiler

79d2aaddgy1fuzqo26n01j21kw2j4e84.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqq2fyqrj214m1uh4qq.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqp5j9cnj21kw11x4r1.jpg 

I thought this was the same image as the first one, but apparently he is smiling

79d2aaddgy1fuzqo8llcyj21kw2l11l3.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqplp315j21kw10t4r0.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqpfr6d7j21kw123b2p.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqpseixlj21kw13che4.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzqqucv9dj21kw12v1l5.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzquytpahj21kw114kk1.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzx1robs7j20k009qjy3.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzx1rrtr9j20m80go7f5.jpg

79d2aaddgy1fuzx1rwdmkj20xc0ht1kx.jpg

When does he even get time to do all these ads? Anyway, I'm glad he's earning enough to buy his maximum allotted apartments in Beijing or Wuhan or somewhere and have a stress free retirement.. And he looks fabulous doing it, embroidery envy.

Yesterday was charity day and he was giving attention to a charity helping deaf kids. I didn't donate though, because a) I'm a monster b) I donate to charities in the life you can save list, because I'm suspicious and pragmatic. But you can check out his weibo and be tempted like I am. 

• Like 3

Zhu Yi Long looks sooo beautiful and attractive in those stills. :wub: I feel like Zhu Yi Long is one of the very few/rare actors who are very fitting in ancient costume, style and feeling. If only this is an actual character in a drama, this character looks interesting and I am sure ZYL will portray it very well but it is only a game.

Anyway, I am very excited!!!!! His drama is available very soon...counting the hours now :)

• Like 2

7a2c6f2762d0f7031c5938f305fa513d2797c5f2

I love his expressions during that scene. Sometimes his naughty expressions remind me of someone I know and give me sense of nostalgia.

And based on the behind the scenes footage and what was aired, they pretty much nailed it in one take?

• Like 1