[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we find out at least that CM father died

He was in pain but pretending that he was alright

Poor CM he didn't knew it was the last time he will get to spend time with him...His father was cute teasing CM with Se Yeon pic like if she is his girlfriend 

And CM mom really took forever talking at her phone

Still they managed to stay in the secret room till she left

CM always living SY alone like bruuhhh ....

And Hee jin mom is really something like giving the flowers to CM since he is handsome and saying her pricess(Hee jin) is more pretty than SY

The fight between SY and Hee jin mom was really cute (No he is mine!...No he is for my princess )

Cm making sure SY not to see the news was really caring

But maybe if she knew she wouldn't walk at peace like that knowing he is out of prison would've make her expect OYC to escape at some point...

SY is so quick witted! I was getting frustrated when she acted all cool in the car scene with shady Seo but it turns out she’s fooling him! GO SY! (literally go) ㅋㅋ

Another huge shoutout to detective Park. The fact that he tried to console SY’s father and him & MD took care of SY is so heart warming. I would love to see more interactions between the three! 

It’s been 10 episodes and yet I’m still confused with a lot of things. When the chief prosecutor received the envelope, I thought that he’s actually the third person who’s working with OYC. However, it seems like he’s being blackmailed, not working with him... if that’s true, who blackmailed him? I somehow don’t think it’s OYC, so is it shady Seo? Or the real third person? Hmm...

Just how many people works for OYC? It’s getting more complicated when the nurse came back to help. 

Every time SY and CM are together makes me smile. I really love how their relationship is balanced and didn’t go too overboard. The reading comic scene is so cute and the way CM looks at her was so full of love and admiration (I’ll try to find the gifs!). I can’t deny how cute they are especially when they were about to kiss! PBY is soooo small and AHS is sooo tall which makes them soooo cute!! I actually like how they don’t label their relationship and works on it slowly.

Also, I don’t get how OYC can easily comes in to CM’s house. Isn’t the house should be protected since CM’s family is rich?

Lastly, I hope that trouble doesn’t always come to SY when she’s alone. I don’t like how CM became the reason why she gets in to accident because he always leaves her. It seems like CM is blaming himself for every bad thing that happened to SY so writer-nim, please take it easy on him. I personally like to see them together but not to the extent for him to stick with her 24/7. (But I’m not complaining if next episode is filled with CM and SY being isolated lol)(I’m ready for more romance!)

On 6/3/2019 at 4:57 PM, jasminssiii said:

I love how cha min is so clueless and dumb about going in to a relationship. Yes he knows so much about love but he doesn't know what to do with it lol. I love their romantic scenes in tonight's episode it is so cute and they're slowly working on it. Se yeon is so indenial about her feelings and cha min teasing her with that smile. When Hyoseop was shouting in the dream scene I suddenly remember Yoo Chan hahaha. I also noticed they used different songs in the car scene. In the tvn broadcast they used the song by lee seunggi "will you marry me" but in netflix it was different. I hope the balance like in this episode will continue. 

I haven't watched yet but a Twitter Bo Young fan account said they muted a song in today's episode in the Netflix version too.

9 hours ago, greezlybee said:

SY is so quick witted! I was getting frustrated when she acted all cool in the car scene with shady Seo but it turns out she’s fooling him! GO SY! (literally go) ㅋㅋ

Another huge shoutout to detective Park. The fact that he tried to console SY’s father and him & MD took care of SY is so heart warming. I would love to see more interactions between the three! 

I was so relieved by how smart SY was during this scene.  Also I liked the tension at the start when SY was in the car with Shady Seo and CM was trying to track her down.  Thinking about it I think it's one of the first times in the drama I have felt a real sense of tension and fear.

Lee Si-Eon is doing a great job in the role of Detective Park.  I really like the character and I'm impressed with his acting.  He's good at the humour but he has a lot of subtle  acting moments I wasn't expecting. Really love the actress for the real Mi Do too.  I like the addition of these characters and their interaction with SY and CM.

I really enjoyed this episode so much mainly for the fluff with CM and SY and the development of their relationship.  I just love their scenes and sit there watching with a stupid smile on my face.  Auntie's character is sooo cute and her little fist bumps with CM are adorable.  Enjoyed the flashback scene that we got some insight to CM's past and his relationship with his Dad. I really like the actor for young CM he's very likeable and we can see what a good hearted boy he was that he didn't care about the fact that his Dad wasn't rich or successful.  CM even mentioned the Abyss marble so we know he remember it exists lol!

This would be my favourite episode so far if not for YC's scenes in this episode were just so dumb they actually made me angry :angry: They are trying to find out who his accomplice but nobody is checking up on who is visiting in jail.  I assume people have to sign in to visit somebody in jail in South Korea.  Wouldn't it raise flags that this strange woman came with a lawyer for him? (@taeunfighting we know who the visitor is now haha!)  Doesn't CM live in a super posh gated community type place how can YC even get that close to the house?  Isn't the whole reason they are all staying at CM's place is because it is so secure and safe yet YC can just waltz in for plot convenience?  Why did the police detectives allow YC to go to the toilet alone in the first place? Didn't they search him?  Letting him stay in there for such a long time alone especially as up to that point we saw that particular detective was very impatient and distrustful of YC? There were TWO detectives yet neither of them rode with the suicidal serial killer, they just threw him in the back of random patrol car with a random policewoman they don't know to drive alone to the hospital. WHAT???? 

13 hours ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

CM always living SY alone like bruuhhh ....

And Hee jin mom is really something like giving the flowers to CM since he is handsome and saying her pricess(Hee jin) is more pretty than SY

The fight between SY and Hee jin mom was really cute (No he is mine!...No he is for my princess )

Cm making sure SY not to see the news was really caring

But maybe if she knew she wouldn't walk at peace like that knowing he is out of prison would've make her expect OYC to escape at some point...

Their little fight was so cute.  CM was over the moon with happiness that SY claimed him :lol:

To be fair to CM didn't know YC had escaped at the point.  He was just trying to stop her seeing about the reenactment with YC and it was their private property so it should be safe but it wasn't because plot convenience.

13 hours ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

OYC really took the simulation of SY dead as a joke ,that smile of his....

well he took the chance to escape(like how many people are up to help like seriouly how ...)

That smile from YC was really sick.  Do they really do simulations like that in real life with the suspect at the original crime scene?  It seems very risky.

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Such beautiful scenes between CM and SY. 

He smiles more and more. I like it. :wub:

:wub: He really is smiling more. SY makes him so happy. It's adorable!

15 hours ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

Well we find out at least that CM father died

He was in pain but pretending that he was alright

Poor CM he didn't knew it was the last time he will get to spend time with him...His father was cute teasing CM with Se Yeon pic like if she is his girlfriend 

This scene of father/son made me smile then cry :tears:. I knew CM's mom was evil, but she is too cruel in keeping father/son apart and to only be able to see each other in secret. At least before his father passed, they were able to capture a memorable moment together. His father seemed like a really good man so I can see who CM got his kind heart from.

15 hours ago, lingx2 said:

glad that I'm back in time to catch the later part of EP10. Can TVN let HyoSeop and BoYoung to sing OST of the drama? They sound great singing duet :wub:

I LOVE her past OSTs so a duet with AHS would be a wish come true!

12 hours ago, greezlybee said:

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I was so relieved by how smart SY was during this scene.  Also I liked the tension at the start when SY was in the car with Shady Seo and CM was trying to track her down.  Thinking about it I think it's one of the first times in the drama I have felt a real sense of tension and fear.

Lee Si-Eon is doing a great job in the role of Detective Park.  I really like the character and I'm impressed with his acting.  He's good at the humour but he has a lot of subtle  acting moments I wasn't expecting. Really love the actress for the real Mi Do too.  I like the addition of these characters and their interaction with SY and CM.

Totally agree with you both on SY, Dong Cheol and Mi Do!

I have mad respects for SY after this scene. I was super nervous and scared for her, but she totally remained calm, cool and collected while she was with Seo and didn't break-down until CM got to her. Like WOW. It was admirable to see that she was able to use her quick-thinking to save herself from what could have been a very bad situation.

I love it when a drama gives us amazing side characters. Dong Cheol and Mi Do's character development have been a pleasant surprise. We knew that they were funny and provided humor to the story, but this episode showed us a deeper/caring side to them. Love these two individually, together and as friends of SY and CM.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

This would be my favourite episode so far if not for YC's scenes in this episode were just so dumb they actually made me angry :angry: They are trying to find out who his accomplice but nobody is checking up on who is visiting in jail.  I assume people have to sign in to visit somebody in jail in South Korea.  Wouldn't it raise flags that this strange woman came with a lawyer for him? (@taeunfighting we know who the visitor is now haha!)

Haha!! I guess it was too easy for me to think the visitor could be Seo. Seriously, the visiting policy is way too relaxed!

12 hours ago, greezlybee said:

It’s been 10 episodes and yet I’m still confused with a lot of things. When the chief prosecutor received the envelope, I thought that he’s actually the third person who’s working with OYC. However, it seems like he’s being blackmailed, not working with him... if that’s true, who blackmailed him? I somehow don’t think it’s OYC, so is it shady Seo? Or the real third person? Hmm...

Isn't that the same photo that SY found in Park Gi Man's notebook? Could it be him who is blackmailing the chief prosecutor?? The timing is interesting because it happened right after CM gave the notebook back to Park Gi Man. Not sure what his motive would be so I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Park Gi Man is going to let go of his revenge so easily.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I really enjoyed this episode so much mainly for the fluff with CM and SY and the development of their relationship.  I just love their scenes and sit there watching with a stupid smile on my face.  Auntie's character is sooo cute and her little fist bumps with CM are adorable.  Enjoyed the flashback scene that we got some insight to CM's past and his relationship with his Dad. I really like the actor for young CM he's very likeable and we can see what a good hearted boy he was that he didn't care about the fact that his Dad wasn't rich or successful.  CM even mentioned the Abyss marble so we know he remember it exists lol!

The aunt is indeed SUPER cute! She is another side character that I really like. It's a good thing CM had her throughout his upbringing especially after his dad's passing because his mother is one CRAZY lady.

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Isn't that the same photo that SY found in Park Gi Man's notebook? Could it be him who is blackmailing the chief prosecutor?? The timing is interesting because it happened right after CM gave the notebook back to Park Gi Man. Not sure what his motive would be so I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Park Gi Man is going to let go of his revenge so easily.

:o Wow! I think this is a very, very good guess! This isn't over for him IMO. It was his obsession for so long and what kept him going.

I was momentarily confused when I saw Park Gi Man. It seems like forever since we saw the character.

3 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

The aunt is indeed SUPER cute! She is another side character that I really like. It's a good thing CM had her throughout his upbringing especially after his dad's passing because his mother is one CRAZY lady.

LMAO! I think CM's Mum does love him in her own way but she definitely isn't the nurturing type so thank goodness for the adorable aunt. I wonder how she even ended up with someone like Min's dad.

Thanks @lingx2 for the GIFs. I could watch a whole episode of those two just hanging out. Loved the little revelation that SY gave him Valentine's chocolates and Min didn't find out until 20 years later SY actually bought them for him. She's been in denial about her feelings for a long time ^_^

Archived