[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

3 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I think that now more of the plot has been revealed, Min Yu Ra is quite disposable. Although I do not believe that she is dead, in the bigger scheme of things, she is not a major villain for the overall story; they are the mother and her staff, the nanny, the primer minister (to a lesser extent because he is a buffoon), etc. I do believe your portion about MYR threatening them all into silence, but she has outlived her usefulness because the story has transitioned into something greater, something beyond just the initial revenge.

I don't think she's that useful right now either. She's only being kept in the story to cause problems, maybe even new problems just to keep up the excitement. She might even murder another person and have to hide the body.

I hope NWS or Byun tells Dong Shik to steer clear of her. It would be stupid of them not to warn him. All they have to do is tell him she's a bad person. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is curious about GED’s island (청금도(靑金島)- Bluegold Island).  Someone wondered if the name could be something about lapis lazuli (청금석): “It is not an expensive stone, but truly fine material is still rare, and it is primarily mined in Afghanistan.”

google - lapis+lazuli

Sunny’s bracelet is made from lapis lazuli.  Here is the link for the place which made it for the drama( https://blog.naver.com/ssongae/221417722598)

N4w2zIq.png?1

Spoiler

fZSotOw.png?1

CY15nRq.png?1

cr to DC

The secret about GED’s island :naughty::joy:

K0x9HyJ.jpg

cr to DC

17 hours ago, triplem said:

Anyway, I am surprised @booha that ep 12 would be Lee Elijah 's last scene here on ED. While  I can't say I have any sympathy for her character MYR , I had wanted her to stay longer as I was entertained by the competitive scheming between her and Nanny. I wanted them both to ultimately bring each other down . MYR's premature downfall and demise is due to her impatience.Her confronting WB was not the right move, triggering him  to get rid of her . If she had been more careful and played her cards a lot better like what nanny is doing now , she may not have been killed off. 

(I am wondering if Lee Elijah had decided to leave because of all the harsh comments thrown at her for her trashy character here. Poor thing if that's the case cause she's just effectively playing her role. )

As shocking as the car fire scene was , I think the scene highlight for me was seeing LH's budding feelings for Sunny. The problem now is that he can't outright be angry at WB for the hug as after all it was his decree to WB to make Sunny fall for him (WB) . Also, LH has a lot of affection and trust in WB, and thus  would be very conflicted.  He won't cause any harm to WB until he finds out that WB is Nam Shik , and he has been duped . Can't wait to see how the relationship dynamics between the trio would change . 

Yeah I wondered about her seemingly abrupt departure, if it’s really true.  YR is on the main poster. It means she is supposed to hang around till the end?   Yeah maybe it’s possible Lee Elijah wanted out for the personal reasons like you mentioned about harsh comments to her from the viewers? 
 In this drama the writer is clear about good and bad. WB is supposed to be a good guy.  So though WB prepare the truck for fire, I don’t think the writer lets WB burn YR.  
If I’m the writer, I will let YR escape but she is so rejected and depressed and feels guilty that she does nothing but eat and becomes like NWS. hahhaa  :sweat_smile:  Then later she appears to testify against LH with her new look.   :lol:

19 hours ago, rubie said:

The drama is replete with desperate and shocking story elements, apparently intended to grab instant attention from viewers, such as a murder, violence, extramarital affairs and, of course, a love triangle.

To be fair, the series has so far successfully convinced TV audiences, as demonstrated by high ratings, largely thanks to the writer Kim's ability to smoothly weave those eye-popping elements together.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:50 AM, Josephine Safowaa said:

In fact the nanny makes me feel uneasy like looking at how miserable Hyuk has become he will start visiting her chambers more

Omy seems to me this writer likes erhmm.. to include lots of *sleazy* scenes *cough choke*QjrUV7L.jpg

"The Lust Emperor":

37j92tM.jpg

PG warning:

Spoiler

6qEriAk.jpg

*whisper* Ok ok seriously i must admit this ruthless emperor is such a...a... scene stealer heeee...:glasses:

foV3UuJ.jpg

6jP0nVK.jpg

Oh and this liveblogging idea by uri cutie empress is really cool hahaaa~~:tounge_xd: he is falling for her (cuteness) *dum~~* 

Edit: oh ok no wonder he looks uneasy when he witnessed the hug at the ending scene.

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: Time for another guessing game... What is on the island?? 

My wild guess is that's where ED farms the milk required for her bath :P.... JK...

ooo a breast milk farm lmao... maybe that’s where she keeps breastfeeding moms and tortures them so they wont stop pumping milk for her bath lol..

eeww what kind of sicko woman would want to bathe in human breast milk.. the amount of milk in her bathtub could easily feed a baby or two for a week lol.. 

Now when I think of it, I am 99,999 % sure that Min Yu Ra will not come back and stay dead.

2 people who found out Woo Bin is not Woo Bin, died just before they could let other people know about that.

1. Ma Pil Joo

2. the Chief guard, who had to kill himself

and nr 3. is Min Yu Ra, because now that she found Dong Shik, she will surely soon find out about Wang Shik/Woo Bin.

finally got to watch ep 11 and 12

end of year, i'm so busy TT_TT

and while people are freaking out over myr's supposedly death

i am more concern with the emperor, lor hahaha

what did he says

there isnt any part of sunny that can make anyone falls for her?

your highness, it didnt take you more than 2 eps to feel something for her

and one crushing scene to make you feel bad to yourself

as much as i adore bromance and lee hyuk and woobin is cute together

i need him to feel the pain of watching someone who he thinks can't or not worthy enough to be loved to be with someone else and to realised that

the one who isnt good enough to be loved by him, is actually loved by him

ok done ranting

i am on team myr is not dead yet

if she goes like that

it felt totally anti-climatic, it needs more and unless the exit is for personal reason

i think the writer has written a very big and grand gesture for her death if she died in this drama

if anything she will come back like those vids recommendation on youtube that even though you've clicked not interested thousands of time and yet they still reappear and will haunt you forever

hahaha

the nanny is more cunning that it seems

she is quite scary almost on par with myr and also the queen

and what's with the milk bath?

urgh... shudder to even just think about it

my fav scene will most probably the part where sunny sleeps in the bathtub holding the baseball bat

and woo bin guarding the entrance just like a good bodyguard he is

hahaha

Lee elijah just attended the ceremony. I guess she was also late because of the filming schedule. Maybe It means her character is not dead yet :rolleyes:

Anyway too bad  Princess Ari doesn't win the award for the child category. It seems the winner (which already a teenager) doesn't prepare the speech or she was too nervous. Shin Dong Yup said that Ari must have prepared the speech if she won and asked her to reveal a little bit. Ari talked so well. Shin Dong Yup asked whether she is disappointed but she answered smartly talking about how she would work harder in the next year and so on  that every one clapped their hands. Seems that even in reality, this little girl is so smart

Top Excellence in Acting (Wed-Thurs Drama

Shin Sung Rok & Choi Jin Hyuk

20181231153816_531787.jpg

20181231154035_647827.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk became emotional on stage. He said that it's an honor to receive an award for "The Last Empress" and they came to the awards show while filming. He brought up some injuries including Shin Sung Rok's, and said that it's been mentally and physically difficult while filming. He thanked various staff members for their hard work and said that he would personally go to thank people he's grateful for.

20181231154243_510429.jpg
Shin Sung Rok began his speech by apologizing for not being able to receive Best Character award on-stage with his "Return" co-stars due to filming. He became emotional while thanking the directors for their support and creativity, and for giving him these memorable characters.

Archived