[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

9 hours ago, Kookies and Cream said:

They've been fooling us by using 'older brother' and 'younger brother' while its twins all the time!

Even with twins one is still older so they are technically right haha. 

9 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

Yeah I think Saya is doomed too, I hope I'm wrong though. In a recent interview DongGun talked about a powerful scene with Taealha wearing black in a funeral and looking sorrowful... maybe it's Saya's funeral.

Taealha and Eunseom is a bit too weird because she is like a mother to his twin brother. Have they hinted at a romance between these two in a chart or an interview or something?

I hope its not saya but i have watched enough Korean dramas to guess the twin role.. which is they fight and then Saya learns the truth and dies for Eunseom.. 

7 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i was hopeful that maybe Saya will fall in love with the herbs lady (Doti is with).. i din catch her name. this way, the whole romance plot will be less complicated. this is not meant to be a love focused drama but more on their destiny..

and isnt Taealha a neanthal? doesnt that mean Mihol is not her real dad? im still on ep5

I agree i dislike this and dont really think Saya falling for Tanya was needed and were guess shes a Neanthal based on some previous leaks that might be true but also could not. 

6 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

this reader is struck by how fatalistic is the attitude of the Wohan tribe.  They stick together, not blaming each other, take care of each other and accept death together.  this is probably because they are a small tribe where everyone are related to each other, and like many small tribes, ...constantly face death from warfare or starvation.  Hence they resign themselves to uncertain fate.

this is contrast to the large complex society of Arthdal where people don't know each other personally, hence is more likely to scheme and mistreat each other.

So which is better?  On one hand small insecure, primitive but insular tribe with its economic insecurity vs.  complex feuding mess of a society which can offer a lot of good things (hundreds as stated by Tagon to Tanya in episode 6)

Is the Wohan the primitive ancestors of Arthdal?

@Kookies and Cream  In many interspecies consummations, the male offspring tend to be sterile, while the female ones may be fertile.

Its easy to pick between the two i would rather be in the Wohan tribe and i dont think they had much trouble food wise considering how much land was out there and the tribes were trading etc.. Also there are people struggling in Arthdal and dying as well personally i would feel safer in the Wohan tribe.

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

And of course, also between Ragaz and Asa Hon..:wub:

SJK as Saya is soo fine..ha ha..the story is getting interesting. Hope it keeps the pace and hope to see a double rating as well. 

God i so agree.. Ragaz and Asa Hon are such good characters that i would give episodes dedicated to just them, i think it should hit double ratings at least i hope. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I mean shes going to be PM based on whats being said right?? A king and PM together does not make much sense to me.

I dont think its tragic but its like Legend of Lu Zhen where the leads loved each other but they could not be together due to various reasons. 

According to the relationship chart, Eunseom and Taealha are enemies so it's very unlikely that she will become his wife/queen consort, besides, Song Joong Ki said  Eunseom loves Tanya dearly so I don't think his character will marry another woman. The synopsis said Taealha will become Arthdal's first empress (thanks to Tagon, I suppose), but I think she won't be the only empress of Arthdal's history. Tanya will become the first female politician of Arthdal but it doesn't mean she can't be an empress because there're many empresses who joined the politics with their husbands in our history. :D

• Like 3

well, in order for the whole story to relate back to current world after civilisation from the arth era.. all the igutus and neanthals need to be wiped out leaving behind only sarams :neutral: i din catch the part where asa sakan spoke to mubaek.. did she ask mubaek to assist the son who killed the father (tagon) so that mankind will not be abolished?

ok im a bit confused here.. the pendant from asa hon to eun seom, its a symbol that he is bloodline from the asa clan.. asa clan worships the great white wolf as well right? and wahan people, the great mother choseol they are the direct bloodline from the great white wolf?

how about aramun haesulla?

who are the gods in this drama? since there is the snake (sculpture), the warrior on horse (aramun haesulla and kanmoreu) and the great white wolf.. :astonished: 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@LightFurie111 I am sorry to say that this will not just be love triangle... this will be love quadrangle... Eunseom - Tanya - Tagon - Saya... :P :P :P 

This is whole lot of confusion... Phew... I don't care about who Tanya ends up with... Story is far more interesting to watch and it is beyond any puppy love story... this is real deal..

Oh god, I'm starting to get confused, today my friend told me that she read a spoiler on Korean websites and the spoiler stated that Tanya will be married to Saya, they will legally become husband and wife. I've scrolled through Arthdal Chronicle hashtag on Weibo China hoping to get more information and they also said the same. How could she be with Eunseom at the end if she's married to his brother? I know Saya is Song Joong Ki anyway but I ship TaEun couple   :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Edited by LightFurie111
  • Like 6

@sadthe1st, @lebeaucouple everyone, hullo. 

I had to skip a lot while watching eps 1-3, gruesome and too violent. But I like Lord of the Rings type of shows. So I'll be asking a lot of obvious questions :anguished:.

For beginners, has anyone translated the relationship sketch, at least for the 4 main characters. There have been predictions that the second lead will be empress to ES conqueror. Wouldn't she look much older? Or she has special characteristics? I think it is a possibility because the write up says   TY was ES first love. First.

I think an older woman should play her, like TG can be seen to be older than the other leads. 

Both ES and TY have been described as born under the same star and bringing disaster, I hope not to their tribe.

Edit: @LightFurie111So sad if true, they loved each other truly and they are ending up as in laws? Maybe TY got them mixed up? :)

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, maribella said:

I had to skip a lot while watching eps 1-3, gruesome and too violent. But I like Lord of the Rings type of shows. So I'll be asking a lot of obvious questions :anguished:.

For beginners, has anyone translated the relationship sketch, at least for the 4 main characters. There have been predictions that the second lead will be empress to ES conqueror. Wouldn't she look much older? Or she has special characteristics? I think it is a possibility because the write up says   TY was ES first love. First.

I think an older woman should play her, like TG can be seen to be older than the other leads. 

Both ES and TY have been described as born under the same star and bringing disaster, I hope not to their tribe.

Hi @maribella welcome here. I just joined here so it will be as new as you. 

below is the well explanation of the character roles and also their future destiny in the drama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthdal_Chronicles

All actors play well in the roles so far, I like Jang Dong-gun, who can portray well in the grey area, between the good and the bad role, he is a leader, fighter and war strategist...

Yes the 2nd lead actress,  Tae Al-ha will become queen one day who is also ambitious politician.  The above line describe this for her role Tae Al-ha realized at a young age, that if you do not become strong, you die. If you can not be a strong person, you must stand on the side of a strong person.

The story is very interesting, I hope season 2 will give us more surprises. Pls read the above who give you more details:D

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lebeaucouple said:

Hi @maribella welcome here. I just joined here so it will be as new as you. 

below is the well explanation of the character roles and also their future destiny in the drama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthdal_Chronicles

All actors play well in the roles so far, I like Jang Dong-gun, who can portray well in the grey area, between the good and the bad role, he is a leader, fighter and war strategist...

Yes the 2nd lead actress,  Tae Al-ha will become queen one day who is also ambitious politician. The story is very interesting, I hope season 2 will give us more surprises..

Pls read the above who give you more details:D

Thank you @lebeaucouple

Tanya will also become politician. Rather puzzling what a politician will be in those days. Maybe in the mould of the Roman and Greek senators.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

Oh god, I'm starting to get confused, today my friend told me that she read a spoiler on Korean websites and the spoiler stated that Tanya will be married to Saya, they will legally become husband and wife. I've scrolled through Arthdal Chronicle hashtag on Weibo China hoping to get more information and they also said the same. How could she be with Eunseom at the end if she's married to his brother? I know Saya is Song Joong Ki anyway but I ship TaEun couple   :bawling::bawling::bawling:

What about Tagon, Taealha and Eunseom? Anything about them?

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Edit: @LightFurie111So sad if true, they loved each other truly and they are ending up as in laws? Maybe TY got them mixed up? :)

It's true, on the Korean wiki page and Chinese wiki page, Tanya is listed as the crown prince's wife. And after episode 6, people just deduce all the information and come to the conclusion that the crown prince is probably Saya (Tagon's "son"/successor), and Tagon is the emperor, Taealha is the empress (as Tagon's wife) :D:D:D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

It's true, on the Korean wiki page and Chinese wiki page, Tanya is listed as the crown prince's wife. And after episode 6, people just deduce all the information and come to the conclusion that the crown prince is probably Saya (Tagon's "son"/successor), and Tagon is the emperor, Taealha is the empress (as Tagon's wife) :D:D:D

What a cute family.:D But what about Eunseom? And Tagon is gonna survive?:huh: Anything about Taealha being a Neanthal? So many questions :D if  there is more info please share :)

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

According to the relationship chart, Eunseom and Taealha are enemies so it's very unlikely that she will become his wife/queen consort, besides, Song Joong Ki said  Eunseom loves Tanya dearly so I don't think his character will marry another woman. The synopsis said Taealha will become Arthdal's first empress (thanks to Tagon, I suppose), but I think she won't be the only empress of Arthdal's history. Tanya will become the first female politician of Arthdal but it doesn't mean she can't be an empress because there're many empresses who joined the politics with their husbands in our history. :D

Yeah you are right lets wait and see what happens i hope your right. 

4 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

I mean it could be a situation where Tanya is being forced to marry Saya and whats that causes the brothers to fight, if these two end up together it needs amazing development for me to like it. 

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I dont think hes grey at all hes straight up bad and evil.

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

I think this is just guesses or as i said above tanya being forced to marry saya for political reasons once Tagon becomes the first king, even though i thought Eunseom becomes the first official king. 

I wont support them endgame though unless it has good development. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

who are the gods in this drama? since there is the snake (sculpture), the warrior on horse (aramun haesulla and kanmoreu) and the great white wolf.. :astonished: 

In my point of view (Disclaimer : No offend to any religious group), this is an ancient fantasy drama, human in tribes mostly have fear to the unknown and mysterious Phenomena that can't explain clearly, they have limited/no knowledge during those days , example when they saw stars on dark blue sky (blue comet across the sky),  or why Song JK (ES) could ride on horse, they interpreted something else, or worst still, they thought it would bring misfortune to them. They put in curse to those people with different look and blood because they believed this type will bring in misfortune or disaster to them. When something is unknown to them, it turns into belief or a legend for the young ones to follow the elderly ones bindly and pass it on to next generation.

If you recap some scenes, only the top and powerful politician can make use or overpower the foolish and the weak ones. In those ancient days, most politicians often made use of praying rituals to fool the weak ones.  As for legendary horse and great white wolf shown in drama, my thought was they are the symbolism of faith for humankind when they met obstacles which is important to anyone. :D

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think hes grey at all hes straight up bad and evil.

Any politician before going up to that top level, one needs to be ambitious, foresight and strong leadership. He is blessed with both intelligence and physicality,  a war strategist and warrior, the leader of the Daekan troops. The reason why he killed his father first because he knew that his father wanted to get rid of him due to his Igutu identity (mixed blood of human and Neanthal). His father knew that his son (TG) would bring calamity based on old Arthdal prophesy saying in the past, and unfortunately, the father believed that blindy - - a war between father and son arose. TG saved the adopted child (Sanya) because of same blood group. That's why i don't think he is totally an evil person as of now. We shall see more of the role development on season 2. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Any politician before going up to that top level, one needs to be ambitious, foresight and strong leadership. He is blessed with both intelligence and physicality,  a war strategist and warrior, the leader of the Daekan troops. The reason why he killed his father first because he knew that his father wanted to get rid of him due to his Igutu identity (mixed blood of human and Neanthal). His father knew that his son (TG) would bring calamity based on old Arthdal prophesy saying in the past, and unfortunately, the father believed that blindy - - a war between father and son arose. TG saved the adopted child (Sanya) because of same blood group. That's why i don't think he is totally an evil person as of now. We shall see more of the role development on season 2. 

He wiped out two tribes.. hes evil and he took Saya to use later on not because hes not a good person. 

Its like people forget he wiped out the Neanthals with his vile plan and he wiped out Igutus as well based on what we heard. 

• Like 3

hi chingus here is my theory

there are 3 Gods mentioned in the past episodes, the great mother, the great father and aramun

so I am thinking they are reincarnated by Tanya, Saya and EunSom

also, great mother and father 'settled' in Wahan Tribe in Iark, and Aramun was the God of Arth but later on said followed great father and mother in Iark, so I am thinking either Eunsom or Saya will hooked with Tanya, and one will be Aramun

then, I think MoBaek will help Eunsom, because it was foreshadowed in the scenes like, when the horse 'talked' to Tanya and asked her to give him a name Tanya said 'helper' then, in the scene where MoBaek had a flashback where Tagons' Dad summoned him as the Kanmareu (spelling is right?) of the tribe something like that, so literally, Mobaek will be the 'helper' and he has the original round object thingy from the great mother and father...

also it was mentioned that, Aramun was an Igotu

---

luv this show <3 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raquel Bastian said:

there are 3 Gods mentioned in the past episodes, the great mother, the great father and aramun

also, great mother and father 'settled' in Wahan Tribe in Iark, and Aramun was the God of Arth but later on said followed great father and mother in Iark, so I am thinking either Eunsom or Saya will hooked with Tanya, and one will be Aramun

then, I think MoBaek will help Eunsom, because it was foreshadowed in the scenes like, when the horse 'talked' to Tanya and asked her to give him a name Tanya said 'helper' then, in the scene where MoBaek had a flashback where Tagons' Dad summoned him as the Kanmareu (spelling is right?) of the tribe something like that, so literally, Mobaek will be the 'helper' and he has the original round object thingy from the great mother and father...

---

luv this show <3 

Yeah this seems to be a wrong theory which is pretty much 100% true now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raquel Bastian said:

---

luv this show <3 

Oh god, I just can't resist the temptation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) If AC is a U.S. tv show, I won't hesitate to affirm you that Tanya x Saya x Eunsome (the mother x the father x Aramun) could easily be a polygamous relationship ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Double Song Joong Ki double the fun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  FrPD8Ia.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

On 6/18/2019 at 12:46 PM, stella77 said:

Re the Tanya x Santa 

Hide contents

Tanya marrying Saya - it fits if she thought he was dead (executed by Tagon and perhaps lied to by Saya so she would let go?!?!)

I dont think that Tanya would have the mind to get married (to anyone, even Eun Seom). Her tribe may have been disbanded but she still have the heart to protect them.

On 6/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Raquel Bastian said:

---

luv this show <3 

I agree with you on your last hypothesis  of MoBaek being the helper of ES. He will be just like Kanmareu (as Taegon's father wished him to be).

But i dont buy the 3 reincarnations as you said. I mean, it's unsightly, right ?! (Tanya x Saya = wont happen ! It's almost as disgusting as Tanya x Taegon. Will you fall in love and bond yourself with the bringer of you entire clan's misfortune just because he is a nice looking and charismatic ? The enemy is still an enemy.And he's Tanya's DIRECT enemy. Taegon is not just a little (or indirectely) responsable for their misery. He is the creater of it. You dont fall in love with the guy who stabbed your family in front of you and splashes the living room with their blood. Unless you are deeply disturbed (or Stockholm syndrome ?). Moreover Taegon dont hide that he despises her and her people (they are his "inferiors").

So i will just ignore this theory and keep my own belief.

Concerning Tanya X Saya... Well, in the chart, the love is one-sided. Tanya, be brave and dont betray Eun Seom.

After looking at the added infos about the characters of the part 2 (cf. http://program.tving.com/tvn/arthdalchronicles/28/Contents/Html?h_seq=10 ), i am just glad to see that Neanthals are not all dead. Rottip is also alive, has met another Neanthal (new chief of this generation) and became wise (learnt about saram) :

로띱 (Rottip)
· 대전쟁과 대사냥의 생존자

어렸을 적 아사혼과 헤어진 로띱은 살아남아 이쓰루브와 만났다. 사람의 손에서 자란 탓에 아스달과 사람에 대해 많은 것을 알고 있다. 어려서 겪은 여러 가지 일들로 인해 마치 세상일에 초연한 현자같은 태도를 갖고 있다.

• Like 7

Really?

ES and TY love each other

Tagon and TA love each other

Tagon will fall for TY (not sure if that is still happening?)

And now Saya is included and he falls for TY

Writers, you really had to?

I have had enough of love triangles but to make this a love quadruple? Really?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 5