[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

Nah. If he thinks it’s a done deal why would he torture himself even more? I believe the crying scene will be next episode and  MD will do the right thing and let her go because they obviously don’t get married.  I am disappointed Grandma is not more intuitive of her Grandaughter. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay a correction to my recaps..rewatching this scene , and I think the kid is telling YB that actually Halmoni is favouring MD & not him. Makes more sense as to why KS would choose MD . Is it true @stroppyse

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, but maybe the kid is pulling a fast one on YB . 

@joonminfan Yes , I wish that YB did not pull back his confession. But he being the defensive cute Lil  sea urchin that he is , it’s only to be expected . That’s why in the preview KS keeps giving him that forlorn look - it’s like she’s is needing  him to do something about it  . But seriously I pity him , his heart is crushed. She needs to step up this time & be true to her own feelings 

@turtlegirl @RobinM I think grandma is not aware of YB’s feelings for KS , but yes I’d expected her to realise that KS is not going into the marriage for love . But MD is a good guy too, someone they know all their lives - so maybe she’s happy that KS will always be in good hands . But of course I can’t help but feel a little like this

Spoiler

I do not want the drama to drag the whole marriage thing. I felt from watching raw, it’s like groundhog’s day with YB turning back the clock & we are back to square one .As it is the ratings are down , possibly because of the holidays , great competition from sky castle & also the sbs awards, but audience won’t tune in if the storyline is repetitive. This is not a 16 episode drama with the luxury of time . The pace prior to this has been good , so hope that writer & PD won’t disappoint us . 

Spoiler

10 hours ago, triplem said:

omo...our gal was having some wild thoughts!!!

:grimace: omggg... sooo sexy this lip ..balm scene :kiss_wink:

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

ROFLOL. KS really has a case of lust for YB. Glad there were these funny/sweet scenes in this episode rather than having it be all about the angst.

seriously this writernim likes to throw in all these *lustful* thoughts ... now i keep hoping to see KS 'lose control' n take the initiative to eat uri sea urchin ops ops i mean confess to uri Top Star  *dum~~*

:w00t:previous ep:

c4AGOaz.jpg

Edit: Ah.. ok i better go take a shower *fan*

LBgvQtq.jpg

Yes @skyrangerzi it’s KJS who sang it in the episode. He was a former idol before becoming an actor :lol:. Art imitating life ? 

@supergal99 Hahah I love your gifs . This PD / writer is a tease . All the sexual innuendos that he / she keeps throwing at the viewers ..:astonished:. They better give us a real good kiss . By the way is it possible for you to make a gif of YB’s reaction to when grandma put red patches on his jeans. @ktcjdrama had wanted one but the gif site i use needs YT links , which I can’t find . Thanks gal ! 

I haven't had time to watch whole episode, but watching the clips @triplem shared had me grinning... 

Anyway, I actually thought YB is back on the island to properly start wooing KS. He realized that KS has not fallen in love with him yet, or gotten in touch with her feelings yet, so he is there to pursue her and make her fall for him. He is saying the confession is cancelled so as to make KS feel at ease around him so they can get close and build more bonding. He is on a mission there! ;) 

And I also think MD will be the one to call off the wedding. He loves KS that much... which makes my heart ache for him again... but sorry MD-ah, I am still firmly on team Top Star :sweatingbullets:

Yes please, the gif of him in horror with the jeans in his hands :lol:

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, the little kid is telling YB how the grandmother was actually favoring MD, giving MD the choicest tidbits actually even if not the biggest pieces, and moving the laundry to create shade for MD. The kid goes on to say that the grandmother likes YB as well, but there is a difference between an outsider and someone she thinks of as being hers. The kid also tells YB that the important thing to remember is that KS is someone who if her grandmother told her to die, would die.

ThAnks @stroppyseOkay this makes even more sense now why KS would say yes . She’s considering everyone’s happiness but her own (and YB’s ) 

@ktcjdrama I think so too MD will be the one to call it off when he realises she likes YB but based on spoilers , there are potential wedding scenes . Although there’s speculation whose wedding it will be ,  it would kill YB ( and me ) if it goes so far . I cannot stand the idea that she has to leave MD at the altar ( so to speak ) or for YB to make some dramatic entrance to stop it . It would make both KS & YB like the bad people here. 

By the way , the actor playing NJ posted a photo of him & DC headed for the island . Is everyone making their new home there ? :lol: ( I can’t find the pic now ). Or something else is going on ? 

Ahh this scene really put my hopes up last night . Why did you run away Kang Soon ? :D 

Hello, I've been a silent lurker but decided to come out of hiding because well I needed company! 

I was on the Top Star Yoo Baek DC and our friends there sussed this out.

Spoiler

Take a look at the ring on Kangsoon's finger. It's the one from Madol right? 

jw8DGR2.jpg

I remember someone on the DC also zooming in on that pic of what seemed like a vow renewal for Dongchoon's parents, where Kangsoon was in a hanbok next to Madol, and she seemed to have a ring there too. I can't find that post any more unfortunately. 

I'm expecting the angst to last for at least another episode. Pretty sure Yoobaek-Kangsoon will be endgame based on various spoilers but can they hurry up and get together already? You can't cast JSM and KJS in a drama together and expect viewers to not be expecting some hot kisses :wub:

Also I was doing some math. Since each episode averages around 70 mins (the latest one looked to be 80 mins though), and we have 11 episodes, we should be getting the equivalent of at least 13 eps of a typical miniseries that would run for an hour each ep, no? I reckon we'll get more than that however, seeing as the episodes keep getting longer as we go along. I'm trying to console myself here because I want more :tears:

Hi @tibba welcome to the thread.  Oh we are all here for group support  :D 

I have a screen shot of them in hanbok...but i don't think i can see the ring. But I know she will accept his proposal ,  at least for the time being...I hope this is done in the next episode as I cannot stand the idea of YB just having to go through this pain. for too long..urghhh

Spoiler

zRCJUOP.png

By the way, I wonder whatever happened to this scene...she's in the dress that she wore to MD's date

Spoiler

kwGgGlt.png

Apologies @stroppyse for needing to bother you again, but from what I gather the written preview seems to indicate that she is pressured into accepting the proposal right , because the village folk had wind of the proposal ?

dh3BmcY.jpg

10 hours ago, triplem said:

@supergal99 Hahah I love your gifs . This PD / writer is a tease . All the sexual innuendos that he / she keeps throwing at the viewers ..:astonished:. They better give us a real good kiss . By the way is it possible for you to make a gif of YB’s reaction to when grandma put red patches on his jeans. @ktcjdrama had wanted one but the gif site i use needs YT links , which I can’t find . Thanks gal ! 

;)Heh heh @triplem caught u! 

Oh ktcjdrama's request - o..kay..:lol:

episode 5: :blink:HJ48Ddq.jpg

1auDvcK.jpg

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes please, the gif of him in horror with the jeans in his hands :lol:

heee... for your analysis::scream: *scream~~*

W8a9A4e.jpg

Is it possible they would have some kind of engagement party? I hate the thought of it getting to a wedding ceremony before the truth about KS' feelings is revealed. I mean, I do love me some drama, but I also want the hurt to be lessened for everyone involved. But I still think it is going to be a wedding ceremony. We haven't had any hints of a vow renewal. May be if it is a wedding, they can make it more light hearted by having the teacher and doc get married instead, or something like that. If it is a wedding, do we think YB will stick around for it? I don't think he will. Agh my heart is breaking so much for him.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get through this within the next episode and get a resolution by the end? It is true, the preview last week was very misleading. We all thought there would be a separation for the whole episode, but instead it only lasted a short while. So maybe all the scenes from the preview this week will be within the first half. And then we can get happiness! 

See, I'm being optimistic today. Just for today, though.

I'll probably be sad again tomorrow. Haha.

My friends, we will get through this together!!

Oh YB you don't confess to a girl and take it back later. It doesn't only confuse KS but hurts her a bit ( she said why it feels like as if she is being rejected). What kind of tactic is that? Maybe YB took relationship advice from NJ :lol:

I think we will need a group hug by the end of ep 8 :tears:

I watched Ep 7. All I can do now is shake my head and sigh. Will work on the translation of the Chinese subs a little later.

You know what I really want? I want the audio file of YB saying “chop su” before he kissed KS and use it as the message alert tone on my phone. I also want the audio file of KS going “oh-meh oh-meh oh-meh” as my ringtone. :relieved:

Thanks @stroppyse . I can understand the villagers excitement though, I mean it’s a village with an Aging population - only one kid left in school- something like that would bring a lot of cheer. Don’t know if KS will have enough will to disappoint the entire village especially grandma but I suppose this will be part of her growth in the drama 

@joonminfan If you ever find it pls share that audio file too . Chop Su!!!  

By the way @supergal99 this is a new way at looking at oppa’s abs . I’m getting some inspiration for a future “ Guess the abs “ event   :lol:

Cr IG of the kiddo 

Spoiler

Seems like our sweet MD is done with filming on the island . 

NJ was also on the island , raises my curiosity why he’d be there 

BTS of doc / teacher’s scene ...not an easy scene to do 

Thank you @stroppyse

The written preview has me feeling real bad for KS. I didn't realize the whole village was just going to assume she accepted. But will she actually say yes? Or will she just not say anything and wear the ring and pretend to be OK with the wedding to please everyone? Otoke. I hope MD will not take it to a ceremony situation if KS never actually says Yes I will marry you. He should know better. I also hope she will have the courage to stand up for herself. C'mon KS, you can do it. Your happiness is what matters most. 

If NJ is there for a wedding ceremony, I do kind of wonder why. He's not really close to anyone on the island from what we know. Maybe YB sends NJ in his place? To spy? I dunno. 

All I know is time is moving very slowly since Friday.

Archived