[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@joonminfan enjoy your trip.  I know  what you mean...today's episode left me feeling not so great.  7 episodes of 11 and the female lead is still unsure of what she wants is making me upset. So I agree with @dramaninja. I will wait for subs and see

27 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

Ahhh I couldn't watch the livestream cut was at the same time as the KBS Song Festival. Huhu sorry

Wow, I can't believe YB went there fast. At least they didn't drag the angst for too long buuut I think we will get another one next week. :( If the wedding is really for KS and MD, I hope YB comes and stops the wedding orr that KS says no. :(Follow your heart, Kang Soon-ah! :(

I know rite ...urghhhh...I think she's always lived a life for someone else - grandma- that she has not come to terms with what she wants...

honestly I feel super bad for YB...he's giving up a lot to be back in the island. To me after his confession, she should clearly realise why he came back.  It is obvious it's for her ...

27 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Reminder for us all : KS will end up in YB's bed. At some point. Just think we all need that reminder after the preview. Lol. OK, I really have to go now. Putting off leaving cuz I want to stay and discuss!

ahahaha now I know why JSM put that on her iG...to give  viewers like us some hope :D

Yeah  she is a idiot and annoying  one at that  he wasted no time in coming back to you yet you decide o accept someone else proposal because he is a good person like really?

She act like he did  something wrong too  I really dont get it, its a cruel thing to do to someone he is sitting right their while they celebrating   this.

I am sorry but she going to have to do alot to make for this   it makes no sense whatsoever

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

KS: Whether I like him or not, what does that have to do with you?

@stroppyse thanks loads....but urghhh this line she spouts to YB hurts...how can she not know. Isn't it obvious why he came back to the island? There's nothing there for him but her , and this was right after the whole confession and proposal in seoul. Urghhhhh

---------

Lol...are we ever getting a good proper kiss ? It will be a waste of JSM and KJS 's talents...sigh...

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hey @triplem, actually, I ended up fixing that line of quotation after I got a chance to listen to your version of the preview which has slightly clearer audio. KS is saying whether she gets married or not, what does that have to do with YB. So, it's not that she's not clear on not liking MD romantically, it's that she feels that she should marry him for the sake of his happiness and the happiness of all the people in the village whom she loves.

Also, the line is in response to YB telling KS to correct the impression that KS' grandmother and everyone else has that KS likes MD and want to marry him.

Wow this make me even more angry really what does the village happiness have to do with anything? So you own happiness and YB happiness are worthless?Like I mention she has to do alot to make of for this stupidity.

I really dont like her right now thats for sure.

Honestly I was starting to expect the wedding to be KS and MD. But I also thought YB would still be out of the picture at that point. To think he came back, and she's going to be discussing this wedding in front of him, and then go through with it. It's definitely not fair to YB and very hurtful. Why is our lovely show going in this direction ? :huh: 

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hey @triplem, actually, I ended up fixing that line of quotation after I got a chance to listen to your version of the preview which has slightly clearer audio. KS is saying whether she gets married or not, what does that have to do with YB. So, it's not that she's not clear on not liking MD romantically, it's that she feels that she should marry him for the sake of his happiness and the happiness of all the people in the village whom she loves.

Also, the line is in response to YB telling KS to correct the impression that KS' grandmother and everyone else has that KS likes MD and want to marry him.

Thanks @stroppyse. Okay I understand now. So YB is aware she is doing this not for love but out of obligation. 

so the running back story here is that KS has never really made choices purely for herself and her own desires. She gave up her dreams to study , now she's sacrificing her true feelings .

@turtlegirlThis writer is killing me - being an 11 episode drama , every episode is precious ...I really need to see OTP progress :astonished:

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I understand your sentiment, but I also feel sympathy for KS. Growing up in a small tight-knit community as she has, so thankful to her grandmother as well as to the other villagers as she is, cherishing MD as she does albeit as a brother, and being a kind and dutiful girl as she is, I understand her conflicted feelings of wanting to do what everyone wants and is happy for her to do. Her own personal happiness is also partly tied up in the happiness of her grandmother and her community. It would be stranger for her, and out of character, to not give a fig for anything other than what she wants or doesn't want.

Also, for KS to reject MD out of hand because of what she may or may not feel for an outsider who she's still not sure belongs in her life anyway would be tantamount to a slap in their collective faces. I know that YB has confessed to her and everything, but it's not as if YB and KS are an established couple yet. Nor does KS have any certainty that she wants to be with YB and his crazy life or that he's not going to get tired of her. Versus her grandmother, MD, and the villagers who have been there for her her whole life.

So, I don't hate KS for her dithering right now, though I think she is making poor decisions. But, I think she will come to realize that. She would be living a lie for the rest of her life if she marries MD, while hoping that she can come to love MD in that way while forgetting about YB. And, that is not being fair to MD as well as to herself or to YB.

This true I guess what really annoyed me  is YB setting the  looking defeated with  everyone around this  happy about this and the things she said to him like he  did something wrong :(

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

This true I guess what really annoyed me  is YB setting the  looking defeated with  everyone around this  happy about this and the things she said to him like he  did something wrong :(

After reading @stroppyse take on KS , I think I am less upset. I think I am feeling very sorry for YB . He's a sea urchin that I want to protect myself. 

I think the reason why KS accepts MD's proposal is because she doesnt want to hurt his feelings. She thinks she owes MD and his parents. They've been taking care of her and her grandma since her parents died. After her grandma collapse it's MD and his father who rush her grandma to hospital. She thinks how she could hurt the people who have been so kind to her and her grandma. And also because she thinks she and YB can't be together because of how different their worlds are. She realizes she can't fit in his world. I think the incident when they were chased by the reporters really shocked her. That's what YB's life is like, being followed and crowded by paparazzi / reporters and not to mention fans. Even YB doesnt really enjoy his life. 

But i'm not giving up on YB-KS. I think KS will listen to her heart and realize that YB is the one she wants. She gave up on her dreams for her grandma. She always puts other people first before herself. But i hope she won't give up on her own happiness. Because she's only happy if she's with YB

Okay let's cheer ourselves up with some OTP highlights...

He caught her here princess style... can you see how they look at each other.  @stroppyse what excuse did he give her here for coming back? The vid continues in the spoiler

Spoiler

But he's clearly happy to be back

Spoiler

This bicycle scene was hilarious ..

Spoiler

Spoiler

omo...our gal was having some wild thoughts!!!

Spoiler

Yes, living in a tight knit community can affect one's decisions, especially for KS, who everyone treats as their own daughter. She wouldn't want to disappoint them. Also, for them, there is no other man for her other than MD, who they have known since he was a kid. Top Star was basically a stranger to them and took a long time for them to warm up so, in their eyes, he is out of the picture when it comes to KS's love life (except for shipper Halmoni hehe).

I have faith in MD, though. It just strengthened after seeing the preview. He knows KS well, too well to even detect when she's just pretending to be happy. I'm rooting for him to come through for our YB/KS couple. :)

@stroppyse thank you for your words, I feel better after reading them, too. But @dramaninja I totally understand your feelings. The more I think about the preview, the more upset I am becoming with KS. 

YB really is our most lovable sea urchin. Even after KS gave him the bracelet back and hurt him with her words, yes, he did have one night of drinking, but that was it. He went straight back to the island to see her and be with her. KS, please give him lots of loving when you finally realize to fight for your own happiness. 

So I'm a little confused about Grandma. Is she team YB or MD? I thought she was team YB, but then when the little kid was explaining the lunch to YB, it seemed like she was really favoring MD. And in the preview it seems she is encouraging KS to marry MD. Is that correct? Boy, we need some of the villagers to be team YB! Anyone? Anyone? 

So I'm thinking the whole marriage thing might not be resolved by next week, but hopefully it will be at least by the week after. That would give us 2 episodes at least to see lovey dovey scenes and also figure out how they're going to live (island or Seoul or both) and resolve the conflict with mama. And figure out mystery man who wasn't in this episode at all! 

I guess my family is going to continue to think I'm nuts this week as I go back and forth between feeling sad about the preview and optimistic for KS in YB's bed in Seoul. Lol. 

This darn drama...

By the way, I think our translation actually made sense yesterday. Sexy lip balm? Check. Ride the back seat of the bicycle? Check. But darn for it being so literal. I know we were all hoping they meant something else. <sigh> testing our patience here, I see. Well guess what, no need to test. We are not patient! Give us what we wantttt :D

I am SOO behind on this drama and everything. The holidays put me behind all my dramas and everything. I seriously need to catch up. I've been seeing clips and clips. 

I have no idea what's going on, but it seems like KS accepted MD's proposal and they are back on the island..? :unsure:

Thank you so much @stroppyse for the translations!! 

It is now making much more sense to me. KS is not that cruel. She is just confused because YB took back his confession and she's not even sure if it was a real confession to begin with. A-ha! So basically we are back to where we were at the beginning of episode 5. Ooof.

I don’t see how all those people who know her intimately don’t see that instead of acting like a women in love about to be married  she looks instead like she is utterly miserable and not herself at all. 

Also so she is going to get hammered next episode and Drunk people always tell the truth. I think she will say something that will tell her true feelings once and for all.  

@stroppyse :heartbreak:

I don't think YB will hang around for the wedding. So I think it will be either or both KS and MD who break it off. Then maybe KS will run to Seoul to find YB. 

Do we know who that mysterious woman with the umbrella was today? Maybe she was just there to make us think for a moment that YB had slept with a random woman instead of NJ haha. 

I just popped by to say this: silly YB and his silly tactics. Why did you have to tell KS that you are taking back your confession? You were doing so well, being all sincere and earnest and adorably in love. You confused her! KS is not one for wiles and games. And now you have blown it. She’s going to marry someone else.

I’m basing my rant on the videos that @stroppyse kindly translated. I have not watched the whole ep with subs yet. But I’m sad. Really sad, @triplem @turtlegirl @RobinM.

Archived