[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

13 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

Are you referring to this one my dear? I don't see any camera?

Yes this one.check 0.03 to 0.05 ..he is adjusting the camera strap!! 

3 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Maybe Jh will say... you break up with me but i'll continue to be your boyfriend.

Awww this would be the sweetest thing that he can say!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing that stuck me is what JH says in Ep 15 after he finds out about his mother ..He says " give her ( referring to his mother) time..we will wait"...this is something that momma's boys would say..I would have expected a stronger statement that reassures CSH..coz this statement is not at all reassuring!! 

But I can forgive JH coz he says that in desperation!! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, luvhollandlop said:

My take on JH's character is  that he is a sensible man who measures his words and actions carefully.  He puts a lot of thoughts and consideration into his words and actions.  He doesn't return evil with evil out of anger. He doesn't hurt or tries to be rude even when he disagrees with a person's actions.

When he was confronted by SH's mum, WS's mum and recently WS, he was not rude and did not react impulsively.  He did not let SH know about these meetings as he knew she would feel guilty and worry incessantly.

In the recent meeting with WS, when WS mentioned that SH was his woman whom he fell in love with at first sight.  JH with very measured words told WS that SH was a woman that people fall in love with (almost telling WS that he could understand that WS was still in love with SH) and corrected WS to say that addressing SH as his woman was a one-sided action and he would ignore it. And when WS continued to intimidate JH by putting him down as a young ordinary man and JH should seek out another partner more suitable for him.  JH responded to say that there's not right or wrong in love and love just happens.  He would use his ways to take care of SH. 

Again, when WS met JH in the hotel after he became co-CEO, WS told JH when JH commented that WS's actions were hurting SH whom WS expressed to love. WS replied JH that he joining the hotel as a co-CEO was acting out of desperation to protect what he loved (SH) and challenged JH to see whether his bravery would prevail or his desperation. JH responded saying that he was not privy to WS' past or his experiences, thus it was not his place to judge but deliberately hurting someone was not ok for him.

For me, JH spoke his mind with firmness and gentleness without the intent to shame or hurrt WS even when WS was anything but kind. He gave the impression that he was not trying to judge WS' actions but only to reflect to him how he was hurting SH.

Even how he spoke to HI when she went direct to SH about JH being sent to Sokcho. Although he disagreed with HI for going direct to SH, JH responded with kindness.

I don't get a sense that JH is someone who will suffer in silence or he is a pushover. He seemed to operate based on his own principles or moral compass. He not confronting his mother directly for telling SH to break up with him behind his back was not because he couldn't care for SH's feelings.  He ran towards her and hugged her and asked her why she didn't tell him. Comforting her for the hurt his mother had inflicted on her was the first thing he thought to do.  He wanted to talk to her about it.  He did not react like WS who bought SH expensive material things after his mother hurt SH which made her feel like he was buying her over.

Moreover, I feel JH was thinking carefully how to relate to his mother's concerns.  If he were to show his hurt and pain, it might further confirm for JH's mother that SH was such a terrible partner and her father's scandal was affecting JH.  He had to swallow all the pain and put up a brave front for his mum so that she would not think worse of SH and her family.  He knew he couldn't change his mum's way of thinking overnight thus he needed more time and careful planning to win this war.  

@luvhollandlop

I read your comment slowly and pause to remind of each scene KJH behaved as you mentioned, tears drop while I had a meal in the restaurant  to what you explain to make us realize how beautiful KJH is.

I totally agreed with you about how KJH handled his mom  from what currently his mom strongly thought.

More plan to suit mom and resulting positively to CSH might be coming.

This also reminded CSH mentioned simple and pretty tangerine syrup to symbolize KJH in ep15.

When I watched and rewatched Encounter, I found out that

- KJH’s polite and kind manner is similar to PBG who does not smoke, not speak rude words, not drink alcohol, and behaves nicely to others; and 

-  CSH’s living as goddess in the strong limelight and spotted by the press&in public eyes for a long time is similar to SHK’s goddess actress. 

Casting is unbelievable with thorough consideration indeed.  

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

When I step back and look at this drama, I realize that JH has been the one fighting for their relationship; the one that has been pulling her along. We have CSH's father who has also took a step to free CSH completely from her ex and his mother in law. I'm a little disappointed at how easy CSH is willing to give up on love, first love, without a fight.

I think back to a situation that happened in the U.S. between an interracial couple who fell in love during the 50's/60's when the laws were against them. They still got married and started a family. They were harassed by the government and community at every angle for years, even tossed into jail a few times, pulled out of their beds in the middle of the night, but they never gave up on love---they fought for it; even up to the United States Supreme Court--the highest court in the land.  It would have been so easy for either of them to step back and give up on their love, but they didn't---they both fought for it against all the odds. 

Even in ep 15, it seems that JH is the one suffering the most. I want to see CSH fight for their love. I need her to talk to JH's mother and snap her out of her foolish thoughts that she can protect JH from people talking---people will always talk.

I hope in this last episode she fights for him. If not, she will be he same as in her marriage--going along with the flow while others work on her behalf for her happiness......her ex, her father, JH, Manager Nam, etc.

@lclarakl

I really understand you because I used to be unpleasant from this observation too. 

However. I found out that in a relationship KJH might look be more active and proactive because he is happy to do these and those to CSH and he is very happy and merry when CSH responded, reacted, or started to be more active. KJH satisfies with CSH’s interaction. 

At the very beginning, CSH might be very conservative and have background of zero or minus points of expressions, she has learnt to express her sharing and caring which could be considered as a lot of development. 

CSH’s love might be shown in the way of let go KJH because she concerned him too much as KJH’s mom pointed out.

In ep15, CSH has been back to look unfeeling as in early episodes again.

Let think about a woman who meets a man who dearly loves her as KJH and she loves him so much too, he is a very good person which she might meet only once in her life esp. he is the one whom she loves dearly BUT she has to let him go from her life, how did she make her mind to decide with actions?!

KJH&CSH’s own being could be the complement for each other.  

Anyway, I really wanna see CSH’s fight for KJH in a way of seizing and treasuring him too because I knew KJH will be very glad from CSH’s action to the max. 

52 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

Of course i understand his mother, i know where her fears are coming from. Mothers like her are not new to me. Sometimes i just consoled myself thinking like that because their minds are trapped in their generation and cannot adapt to the new generation. They have so many unfounded fears that hurts the lives of their children. Just one contradiction you make will trigger world war and will cause damage beyond repair.

@roshzanna

You described exactly KJH’s mom. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

And we are finally down to the last episode!!!!!:bawling::bawling::bawling:

I'm missing SHK unni already:lol::D and I I'm gonna keep my eyes on Park Bo Gum...I watched him in Moonlight drawn by clouds and thought he was good but geez...He is ahead of his peers!!:)

I dont think I can accept a sad ending for this couple...otherwise all things from the beginning will become useless...We want a carefree So Hyun! The princess needs to be set free from the tower that she was locked up with at the very beginning illustration! 

Writernim dont make me flip a lot of tables later pls! I need to rewatch this again and again since unni will surely go on hiatus after this.:D:)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

We are coming to the goodbye episode, Encounter will be the acting project in my heart for a long time, I satisfies with all 15 episodes and hope to happt with ep16 too.

This is a Kdrama masterpiece in memory indeed. Actually I am not ready for withdrawal so rewatching will be done. 

By the way, if KJH is in this school-boy look, there might probably be an age gap.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5