Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

3 hours ago, stardustvoid said:

@dukesa1122 I just woke up and that’s the first thing I saw here

Hide contents

We’ve discussed this before but I hate how this drama has become a meme fodder to some

It’s insulting to both the cast and crew 

I’ll be needing a very, very satisfying reunion and strong bleach to cleanse my mind of what I just saw in that article. 

Can anyone tell me what was that article about? T__T

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

One more thing: I hate to say this, but when JH overheard his mother and left. Then came home, put the blanket over her and quietly went to his room. Then turned around the next morning, fake smiling and NOT saying anything. My stomach turned. He, for the first time, was acting like SH's ex-husband. He is fully aware of how his mother hurt her, and he did absolutely nothing. He said nothing. JH needs to know that it is okay for him to be his own man. That is the only way he and SH can be truly happy.

Sorry for cutting your post. Would never have thought of that parallel: JH like WS not protecting SH from his mother. Yikes, that's really horrible.  I hope JH would have protected SH if he knew his mother had contacted her.  I don't think he would have stood by like WS watching the degradation and just giving her an expensive consolation gift afterwards.  But JH  not directly confronting his mother at breakfast, his acting as though nothing had happened, was really weird though. You are right. How could he not say anything when his mother hurt SH like that.  

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 8

38 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

I super agree with you and @jl08. There was something missing and it was this. The touch and skinship was so innocent when they came back to Seoul. While I know they’re back in the homeland and everything is different because they have to be extra cautious, touching and kissing in closed quarters could have made it realistic. Plus doing those things like what they did in Cuba is like eating the most amazing Chocolate. Once you’ve had a taste, it will be impossible to stop. :P Plus, if CSH was stressed, skinship and kissing are destressors. Aigooo hahaha

Died down when it should’ve burned hotter. Just when he already is her namjachingoo. I sound like a broken record but I really wanted more passion to justify the prolonged angst

*sigh*

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

What JH did is very different from what WS did. JH is not only trying protecting and respecting SH but, he also trying to protect and respect his mother. This is so unlike WS who fabricated an affair which basically lying to both SH and his mother-not respecting both. I believe what JH is doing is, doing the right things, right.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

"If we ENCOUNTER hardships along the way that we must endure, let's do so by reminding ourselves of the memories we made since Cuba." 

OTP, fighting!!! :heart:

Dxo6KsBUwAAam5Q?format=jpg&name=large

DxpP8W8VAAA7_ww?format=jpg&name=medium

cr : Tukkatamickie37

• Like 14
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ihyw said:

But JH  not directly confronting his mother at breakfast, his acting as though nothing had happened, was really weird though. You are right. How could he not say anything when his mother hurt SH like that.  

This is the one thing that irks me in E15

I know he's a sweet, loving, caring son but what she said was too mean

Everyone has limits, and this has gone way overboard

I get that she cares about her son and her family, but when you're being too judgemental...
It's hard to see things clearly.

Let's hope Jinhyuk will take some actions tonight
- Talk to his parents when everyone is around (Can't do it one-on-one, you know what it's gonna be like); OR

- Tell them his plans; OR

- Move out

=

41 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:
1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

I super agree with you and @jl08. There was something missing and it was this. The touch and skinship was so innocent when they came back to Seoul. While I know they’re back in the homeland and everything is different because they have to be extra cautious, touching and kissing in closed quarters could have made it realistic. Plus doing those things like what they did in Cuba is like eating the most amazing Chocolate. Once you’ve had a taste, it will be impossible to stop. :P Plus, if CSH was stressed, skinship and kissing are destressors. Aigooo hahaha

Died down when it should’ve burned hotter. Just when he already is her namjachingoo. I sound like a broken record but I really wanted more passion to justify the prolonged angst

*sigh*

Imagine these smooches, kisses, pecks, could've been in store for us:

E09 Reunion scene in Seokcho
E11 Ring scene

E12 After he puts her to sleep (He did plant a kiss on her on the previous episode when she was drunk)

E12 When they had Subway in her office

E12-13 When she pays his home a visit OR after the visit

E13 Sofa scene

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

P.S. If they added some angst-filled kisses yesterday... LOL
(Jinhyuk won't do it sadly...)

=

It's a shame I wish there are moments between:

Congressman Cha x Jinhyuk
Miock x Jinhyuk

Driver Nam / Mijin x Jinhyuk

Jangsoo x Soohyun

Hyein x Soohyun

As for Yeonja... I don't mind her meeting Soohyun but this time she better be an angel!

If not, DON'T MEET, DON"T HURT HER AGAIN

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dianss23 said:

I havent watched ep 15 with subs yet, first time for me.. although ive seen the livestream already, i will wait for the ep 16 before i watch ep 15 again...seeing them break up is the saddest thing especially how they loved each other so much, breaking up while loving each other is so painful, i felt their acting... crossing my fingers for their beautiful reunion tomorrow hoping it wont feel rushed and they can extend it to 1 hr and 30 mins... happy that the ratings went up even though its another sad episode... 

I’m supporting the extended 1hr and 30 mins version of proper closure so it won’t feel rushed!!!

By proper closure, I mean:  30 mins to wrap up all the angst and 1 hr of happiness incl. extended version of hot and steamy kisses please... :D:D

Joking aside, I didn’t get a chance to rewatch ep 15 last night so am planning to rewatch it tonight just before the final ep. But, I just want to add on to my rant on JH’s Mom.

Spoiler

At first I could understand where JH’s Mom was coming from as she just wanted to have her simple and normal life without any disruptions which I thought derived from her insecurities of the difference in social class.

But what strikes me in this episode was that in spite of JH’s Dad request for her support, she stubbornly refuse to understand and  when she saw the article re Congressman Cha again, her remark was, “I don’t like complicated story” which JH’s Dad refuted, “this isn’t story. It’s life!”

This is very bold statement that rings with real life as well. No children can choose who their parents are and sometimes sacrifices they made to make their parents happy were often disregarded/taken for granted as if IT IS their DUTY to make their parents happy even if it means hurting themselves in the process.

How I wish JH’s Mom’s world turn upside down coz JH choose to stand by SH. Although I still don’t know how SH can change her thinking coz she’ll be trapped forever by her guilt. And I certainly don’t want to see SH’s Mom going down her knee again but to JH’s Mom just to redeem herself for the SH’s happiness sake. :angry: But I kind of hope the 2 moms can meet up and have a heart to heart conversation for the sake of their children happiness instead of their selfishness so we can have the happy ending we have been craving for. I don’t see any other way how to convince the JH’s mom tbh.

But it’s only my opinion and sorry if I cannot worded it properly.  

Hope you guys understand what I’m trying to say.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Was anyone else shocked by the Subway product placement that took place INSIDE the Moon Snails restaurant? (Did not see that plot twist coming!!)

• LOL 12

8 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I am not Asian and do not fully understand the Asian culture; therefore, I do not pass judgement on the customs and practices, except on this issue

Oh well, trust me, the Asian culture is respect the elderly. I support that fully. One has to respect one's parents.

Yet we've seen how a family bond is broken when things get out of hand, in reality.

KJH's dad knows him better. He knows that JH is not the type to marry and have kids when his heart is fixed on CSH. HIs mum is laying out her blueprint for him, as someone said.  His dad is right. She spared no thoughts on her son's feelings in the guise of not wanting him to be hurt. By virtue of her interference, he's already badly hurt. 

So my question is, much as such mothers exist, will the same objection be raised should the next woman that KJH falls in love with, for some reason, does not please his mum again? Will there be a second heartache? As long as the mum doesn't change her thinking, the underlying problem will always be there. Respect has to be mutual. She needs to trust and respect her son's choice because she brought him up to be a fine, smart, young man.

Someone said that KJH is similar to JWS in not protecting CSH. I wondered why KJH carried on like nothing happened in his parents' presence. Then I realised that a crack had already appeared in mother and son relationship, made worse because it's beneath the surface. Look at his mum sneaking glances at him and he trying to put up a front. How long can the tension go on? One day, it might escalate to breaking point as all emotions are swept under the carpet for this while. There will always be something that spark off the smothered anger; the slightest thing that reminds.

Their relationship will never be the same again. There is no communication yet again between mother and son of the magnitude of her action in breaking CSH's heart.  It's an eruption in the making. 

• Like 17
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, angelmas said:

Ep 15 was a really really sad...heartbreaking episode but I can;t help but feeling amazed by their acting ability....SHK ( she is my all time favorite ) and Park Bo Gum ( I like him in Moonlight Drawn By Cloud and Monster, but this drama makes me fall even more to his charm, nobody can replace him as Jin Hyuk.).  This is the among the episode that left the deepest impact for me...I just can't forget their breaking up scene....my tears just flowed as I managed to watch it this morning...the emotion is so real...tbh, this drama is close to my heart because someone in my life resembles the character of Jin Hyuk so much...his determination and stubbornness , his selfless love and sensitivity and his unique character that differs him from others, although he is not as handsome as our Jin Hyuk...:mrgreen:

@angelmas

When I watched and rewatched Encounter, I often say to myself I understand why PD and the production company strongly insist to offer Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo to portray.

PBG&SHK’s visual, age gap with different experiences in life, professional acting and uttermost working with attitude like a rookie to survive in this drama made Encounter be a masterpiece. 

Casts and Crews also work the best to keep Encounter be sensible  and realistic, rather than indulging audiences with tons of sweet moments.

I wanna watch KJH&CSH’s many lovey dovey scenes too but after I watched ep.15, I change my mind to appreciate and respect Encounter’s Casts and Crews for creating and treating our Encounter beautifully and dare to challenge the capability of PBG and SHK to the max in ep.15, just one episode to end.

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I am also one of those people who only watch kdramas once they finish. However, when I heard that SHK will really be taking on this role I was beyond intrigued. She knew the risks that she’ll get into but she went for it. That is the only reason why for the first time, I watched a kdrama while it is still on going and my first time to subscribe and actually pay an asian streaming site and my first time to actually register here and get out of lurking mode for the longest time. I wanted to do these things before but the timing just wasnt right for my real life issues.

The drama has not turned me down. While I know SHK will slay this role (coz she always does and tbh CSH is too close to home) I am also glad because I saw another part of PBG. I always saw him as a little bunny, “he’s so cute I wanna squish him” type but this drama made that bunny into a stallion. The cinematography, OST, flow of the story. The simplicity of everything, the elegance and everything is just so so beautifully done that this movie is one piece of art as a whole. I fell deeply in love with it. It made my heart flutter a billion times, it made me hot and flush and it also broke my heart but more over it made me really really smile. This drama made me feel alot of emotions in one sitting and I am thankful for every part of it.

@dukesa1122

I might be different, I like Park Bo Gum but I used to strongly intend not to watch Encounter at all. I was a bit unpleasant why he breaks from an acting project for 2 years for study and decides to come back with this. 

However, Encounter with PBG&SHK’s acting power and chemistry has pulled me to be die hard fans. 

For Park Bo Gum, as you mentioned like a bunny with cuties, it is like I saw an actor who I like overall has been challenged to the role totally different from PBG and he has to act as KJH to love CSH with his whole heart, how could he do this with SHK? 

PBG&SHK really can create chemistry and natural interaction to believe in KJH&CSH role without any doubt. 

For ep.15, being KJH in the sad mode and PBG has to bring audiences walk with his dramatic part without dropping in the middle of this path, I found he can with the best ever to a level that all features of  PBG has been consolidated to do ep.15.

For SHK, her punctilious and scrpulous acting to create CSH to express emotions in frame, regardless whether it might look less dynamic for some audiences, and gradually lively and back to doom, SHK has done CSH with professional acting attitude.

PBG, SHK, and Casts&Crews deserve all any appreciation and recognition. 

2 hours ago, roshzanna said:

My heart really breaks for JH. Knowing all his sacrifices, love he puts into this relationship to work out, still he has to endure all of this. I really admire the character of Jh, being stubborn actually puts him ahead. He doesn't look into the sides when making decisions, just looking straight to his destination. Oh yes, PBG nailed it. He makes it hard for others to portray a role like JH. Its so hard to find an actor to admire, but he changed my mind from no  one to PBG. 

The only flaw to his character is not voicing his opinion, thoughts to his mother. Until when he can tolerate this. Even it is tearing him into pieces, still he can't talk it over to his family. I feel when he talked with Ms. Lee, he rather let go of Sh than solve the problem with his family. Being a good person has its limits, and being a good son also has its limits. Until when he will let his parents rule his life. This is not a sign of being disrespectful or ungrateful. But he has to make his parents know that he is foremost an individual with an own thinking and feelings and had the right to decide on his own. Unless he lives on his own, he will be like Sh locked in  a castle, a castle of his parents.

We all have the same sentiments in this drama, we don't mind all the angst, its part of a drama, its part of real life. But with only one episode left and we are still at a lost, thats what we worry. Episode 1 mesmerized us all, i just wish it will end as beautiful as it started. It is so sad that it will end tonight, im not ready for this. Its just letting go of someone, something that grows into you. This is not a flash in the pan feeling, it grows from episode to episode.  I just want a miracle that a good soul will offer SHK and PBG a project together that they can't resist.

@roshzanna

I am glad that PBG can nail KJH’s role, KJH is my favorite character who loves to the max and care for his family the best because my values in life prioritize family as KJH.

However, when KJH has a part of life to be in love with a woman, he might have to find balance with his family to understand and trust him the choice he carefully consider. 

2 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

Ep15 thoughts

Seeing JH break down in SH's office hurt a lot. Seeing SH's face going back to completely expressionless hurt even more. But the smile JH gave his parents the morning after finding out the truth, that one completely broke me. It is absolutely in character, they are falling back on tried and tested coping mechanisms. But it's also heart breaking.

I think this separation actually helped their relationship in a twisted way. JH kept saying  "let's live together forever", "we can conquer everything as long as we are together", while being kind of cavalier about her fears, her guilt or the implications for his family (to be brutally honest - he let his parents find out about their relationship via the tabloids so I don't see how he could have expected smooth sailing on that front).I think at this point he finally gets where SH is coming from. So now he can start acting on all those promises of protecting her and keeping her happy.

I was very glad that JH got to hear exactly what mum did, from her own mouth, without any sugar coding. And no matter how good a son he is, it's also clear that he will never forgive her for it. Mum knows deep down that what she did is wrong but keeps insisting that they'll be better off in the long run... I don't even have the energy to hate her properly anymore. I just want her out of my sight (and I suspect JH and her husband feel at least a bit of the same; I wish mum to sleep on the sofa for a long and back-painfully awful time).

It occurs to me that the entire mess happened because JH and mum could not recognize each other's fundamental nature. They are also awfully similar, in stubbornness and in insisting that time can heal it all (should anyone care for my opinion: time muffles hurt, it does not take it away. Any nontrivial wound will leave a scar. When a precious fragile thing breaks apart, no matter how carefully you put it back together, it's not going to be as good as new).

Nothing will get fixed before they acknowledge the facts: mum is too small-minded to ever full-heartedly accept SH; JH is too single-minded to move on to someone new. And so the immovable object (mum) meets the unstoppable force (JH). Curious how the writer will find a way out of this conundrum. "해피엔딩 or 새드엔딩"?

@charlieblue17

You really mentioned what I feel after watching ep.15 to our KJH and CSH.

After break up, CSH is sad to hurt KJH&herself by her own choice and not sure whether KJH knows that she has done for him.

I like the story that flows to gradually let KJH get more information behind such break up

- hear his mom’s thought for him&action to CSH,

- know about how deeply sad CSH is till she plans to stay in Cuba for a big while. 

EDITED to agree with @jl08‘s above,

it might be the right time to find equilibrium between mom and son with understanding each other’s needs and attitudes when the family would be tighter bonded, rather than let just son endure his mom’s preference. 

KJH’s Mom has executed her right as a mom who voices her need in action by managing CSH, it should be KJH’s turn to seriously explain his perspective and share his life plan he wanna execute to live with happiness in mind.

• Like 10

Just finish ep15 with subs. Cry me a river ocean and lake. SHK and PBG acting is really on point. I can feel their deep pain. There are still a lot of flaws in the development of the story and their characters but I blamed it to the scriptwriter. Please don't disappoint me in final ep. Chaebal...

My prediction in ep16 is we are going to get happy ending for sure.

1) Start at where it last in ep15, KJH will kiss CSH and tell her that he will not stop loving her. 

2) He will continues with his resignation and start fresh and stronger. This action probably will make JH's mother regret with her action. Yes you destroying your son and his lover life. I want her to repent and apologies to both :angry:

3) Congress Cha going to do well in his case and SH mother will step up the game and help her husband. 

4) JH will talk to his parent about how he can't live without SH and he will continue to pursue his love.

5) I don't think SH and Sec Jang will end up in Cuba. JH and SH will reconciled here and probably only at the very last minutes we will have special scene at the Cuba opening hotel, with them kissing happily at the garden maybe :wub:

6) I want them to get married so badly even it will be impossible knowing how kdrama works. But people can dream right.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ihyw said:

Sorry for cutting your post. Would never have thought of that parallel: JH like WS not protecting SH from his mother. Yikes, that's really horrible.  I hope JH would have protected SH if he knew his mother had contacted her.  I don't think he would have stood by like WS watching the degradation and just giving her an expensive consolation gift afterwards.  But JH  not directly confronting his mother at breakfast, his acting as though nothing had happened, was really weird though. You are right. How could he not say anything when his mother hurt SH like that.  

hopefully JH mom will change her decision towards CSH i just dont know how will they be able to do it in so little time coz if not CSH will just have the same problem she had when she was living with WS mom... :tears:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I think...

CSH will have a change of heart. They will agree to give more time for each other to adjust. Thus the scenes in the preview... i hope im wrong. I just wanted the first 10minutes for them to patch things up then create more memories...

Spoiler

I can smell an ending just like in tempted... it took them 5years... when what they say will no longer hurt them, thats the time they reunited...

• Like 5

Surprisingly, I sympathize  with JH's mom. Since the beginning, we already know her view about how a woman's life should be. She doesn't want anything complicated and she believes a woman's life should revolve around her family, aka the husband and children.  There is nothing right or wrong in this. People simply should just choose to live the way they feel comfortable with and this works for JH's mom.

She is wrong in deciding for her son how his life should be. That is wrong for sure because JH is an adult who can take responsibility for the choices he makes and he is willing to sacrifice and work out things to be with SH. But her reaction is, well, quite normal for me, given the real-life situation. SH's life is complicated; she is older than JH and is a divorced woman; even though she is rich and famous, this is not what JH or his family pursues anyway. Tell me, if you are in mom's shoe, are you happy with such a future daughter-in-law? Are you happy when everything around that daughter-in-law seems to go straight to the press, when people point fingers and talk bad about your son and family? When you son gets his job based on his own ability but is deemed as someone who relies on a woman to get it and get transferred to a remote area; what is next, a foreign country or somewhere much further?

She knows her action hurts SH and JH but she hopes in the long term, it is the right thing to do to protect her son. I love how JH does not confront his mother right away because he understands why she does such things. He is about to lose SH; he can't lose his mom also; SH can take the pain but mom doesn't. They are after all two women he loves most in the whole world and he can't choose only one of them. There is a crack in his relationship with mom for sure and these two really need to sit down and talk frankly with each other for one.  

What JH's mom does is no different than what IH and MJ does; just that the consequence is more severe. The happiness JH feels when falling in love with SH, it is not something people can understand overnight. It is a process that takes time to observe and comprehend; JH and SH's friends finally stand by their love even though they protest at first.  JH's dad is more understanding; plus JH confides in him and asks for his support. Mom's reaction is partly because how JH keeps things from her. If he also sincerely asks for her support in the beginning and gradually lets her know how happy and blessed he is when he is in love, maybe things will be better. 

In real life,  we can find mothers with much worse reactions than JH's mom.   She is also miserable with her action; when she sees her son suffer and realizes how SH means to him, she will back down. Because after all, what she does is based on her motherly instinct.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5

1 hour ago, djsong said:

I’m supporting the extended 1hr and 30 mins version of proper closure so it won’t feel rushed!!!

By proper closure, I mean:  30 mins to wrap up all the angst and 1 hr of happiness incl. extended version of hot and steamy kisses please... :D:D

Joking aside, I didn’t get a chance to rewatch ep 15 last night so am planning to rewatch it tonight just before the final ep. But, I just want to add on to my rant on JH’s Mom.

Hide contents

At first I could understand where JH’s Mom was coming from as she just wanted to have her simple and normal life without any disruptions which I thought derived from her insecurities of the difference in social class.

But what strikes me in this episode was that in spite of JH’s Dad request for her support, she stubbornly refuse to understand and  when she saw the article re Congressman Cha again, her remark was, “I don’t like complicated story” which JH’s Dad refuted, “this isn’t story. It’s life!”

This is very bold statement that rings with real life as well. No children can choose who their parents are and sometimes sacrifices they made to make their parents happy were often disregarded/taken for granted as if IT IS their DUTY to make their parents happy even if it means hurting themselves in the process.

How I wish JH’s Mom’s world turn upside down coz JH choose to stand by SH. Although I still don’t know how SH can change her thinking coz she’ll be trapped forever by her guilt. And I certainly don’t want to see SH’s Mom going down her knee again but to JH’s Mom just to redeem herself for the SH’s happiness sake. :angry: But I kind of hope the 2 moms can meet up and have a heart to heart conversation for the sake of their children happiness instead of their selfishness so we can have the happy ending we have been craving for. I don’t see any other way how to convince the JH’s mom tbh.

But it’s only my opinion and sorry if I cannot worded it properly.  

Hope you guys understand what I’m trying to say.

hoping they do extend, ep 15 was 1 hr and 12 mins so they just have to added 20 more... yeah the mom is so stubborn and just plainly prejudice CSH, just like when they were watching the news when JM said he wants to meet a woman like her, JH mom snaps at him saying a woman should just have a husband and family instead of being rich and famous... and now she told her husband she doesnt want a person near her son who has so many circumstances... i really dont know how will the writer fixed JH mom issue, unless they will be just like Romeo and Juliet you and me against the world but its KDrama, haiz... still hoping for a beautiful ending

• Like 8

I was surprised Sec Jang agree to goto Cuba with CSH for 1 year. What about LDC then ? Are they not in a relationship ??

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

"Lovely Song Hye Kyo ♥ Park Bo Gum" ... 'Boyfriend', scene off-cut cut out [Oh!]

Google translate

The drama 'Boyfriend' has released the scene behind the cut.

TVN's 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, Bond Factory), which is nearing the end of the day (24th), will show off-the-scene behind-the-scenes feelings to give back to the hot love sent by viewers. did.

There is a picture of Song Hye Kyo - Park Bo Gum which induces automatic smile in the public steel. Two lovely two-shot shooters laugh as they shoot.

In addition, Song Hye-kyo smiles brightly while looking at the camera, and laughs with a cute expression in her mouth. At the same time, the fans smile with a cheerful smile, feeling the wind blowing black.

In addition, Park, Shin Jung-geun, Paek Ji-won, and Pyo Ji-hoon (Pio) steals the family chemistry. Park Sook-hoon - Park Ji-hoon takes a gesture that seems to introduce Shin Jung-geun at the same time, and blows brother Kimi to induce a smile. In addition to this, I can capture the appearance of a mother-Baek Ji-won with a V (V) in the camera, and an image of Paek Ji-won 

On the other hand, Jang Seung-Jo focuses his attention with a soft, warm smile. His bright and wonderful smile, which has expressed his grudge against Suhyeon (Song Hye-kyo) in the drama, is shaking his femininity. In addition to this, the appearance of Cha-hyeon-yeon's surprised expression in cold and cold aspect of broadcasting and the appearance of Park Sung-geun, who is laughing next to him, show the charm of the outside of the camera.

In addition, from the Donghwa Hotel family such as Ko Chang-suk-rojin-gimhyeun to Moon Sung-Keun-Gil Hae-yeon, all the actresses of "boyfriend"

"My boyfriend" said, "Thank you to viewers who love 'boyfriend' for the time being. Thanks to the enthusiastic interest and affection of viewers, both actors and crew were able to shoot, "he said." I did my best for a beautiful finish. I would like to ask for your expectation for the last time of 'Boyfriend' which is broadcasted today (24th) night. "

tvN 'Boyfriend' is an emotional melodrama that starts with an accidental meeting of Suhyeon, who never lived his chosen life, and free and clear soul devotion. Today (24th), the last meeting will be broadcast at 9:30 pm.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Crazy theory time!

Maybe the ending scene of episode 15 is JH telling SH he is planning to resign? Maybe he sorts of give her his two weeks notice and gives her space. 

Then he resigns and pursues other things, photography perhaps. He subsequently finds a place of his own. CSH's life falls back into place in terms of becoming free from TG and repairing her relationship with her mom. Then time jump *shudders*? 

I know they'll reunite somehow but under what circumstances?

Maybe Grandpa Samuel invites JH to the Cuba hotel opening (LMAO) and he crosses paths with SH there. That explains his long hair in the early teasers for this drama that wasn't used in the Cuba scenes! Then cut to the epilogue with the twin boys!! :P

I kid, I kid. Don't mind me, I'm going crazy

Kidding aside, that slow mo run of CSH in the preview is giving me a glimmer of hope that they'll patch things up soon enough in episode 16

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

I am sure JH will put a closure to this with his Mom.

Unlike "the Woo Seok during his marriage to Cha Soo Hyun", however, Jin Hyuk had 2 attempts---one, unsuccessful because the mother insisted she was tired to talk and the second, when he asked his mother to eat out---he made it very clear to his mother that Soo Hyun is not just a guest but a person who has transformed him into a decent and that he loves her. When the mother said that she, unlike Soo Hyun, will always love him, Jin Hyuk interjected firmly that Soo Hyun, too, will love him faithfully, her love for him will never change. 

We learn from Soo Hyun that one of the reasons for her misery during her marriage to Woo Seok was that he was merely an observer to all the abuses Soo Hyun suffered from his mother during their marriage. He saw all these and allowed them by not doing anything about these until he came up with the flawed and fatal decision of divorcing her to spare her from further misery. In Jin Hyuk's case, he was left in the dark about his mother's meeting with Soo Hyun but had he known about it and had he been there, he would spared and protected Soo Hyun from the hurtful words of his mother and would have firmly but respectfully rejected the her mother's plea to break up with her.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2