[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched some episode clips via youtube.... OMG!!!! this is DAEBAK!! It's very funny & very scary at the sane time..... :w00t:. Daniel & Eun Bin are SO great in acting.....!! Have to watch with eng sub.... I am already attached to this wonderful drama.....!!!!!!

You are absolutely correct @triplem Daniel & Eun Bin's chemistry is great... And you should watch the scene prior it. They two had a fight scene which is my favorite of the whole episode.....!!!!!! :D. And not to mention about the chemistry between Daniel & Won Hae sshi.... They are two comedians together....!! And the scary parts are too scary :o. Lee Ji Ah..... :flushed:. I think she is possessing everyone... Daniel's acting is DAEBAK...!!!! Well, now waiting for drama....to upload eps with eng subs.....!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Well, now waiting for drama....to upload eps with eng subs

From your reaction, it seams that the drama had a great start. Because I don`t have much free time, I will watch only the translated episodes. I can`t wait to watch the first two episodes this week.

Hello everyone...

I've just watched yesterday's eps with eng sub. WOW!!! The drama's got a great start.... It's really promising..!! Looks like the kindergarden teacher is possessed by Lee Ji Ah... She is doing everything bad against her will. And Daniel's acting at the end of the show was just fantastic... You should definitely watch it. I am already falling in love with this amazing drama.... Hope to hear more from you guys. :blush:

Watched episode 1/2 just a little while ago, and I am perplexed.  And I am about to ask what is probably a very silly question.....

Spoiler

I really enjoyed watching.....at least I did right up until the last two minutes and then it hit me like a ton of bricks:  OMG, even on a TV show, people simply don't survive getting whacked over the head with a sledge hammer and being buried several feet down in heavy wet mud.  Anyway, I started screaming and hollering at the screen because I was vastly annoyed and felt tricked.  Since my cat was asleep in my lap at the time and woke up probably thinking I was yelling at him (not for the first time today either), this was not a good thing; he was very ticked off, and he has sharp claws. To be fair, the cat probably felt tricked, too. 

Anyway, maybe I missed something in the show description.  Maybe I should have realized from the very first scene when Choi Daniel's hand was rising out of the mud that had buried him.  Maybe I am wrong (oh, I hope I am wrong because I don't know if I wanna keep watching if I'm right).  But is he.....like.....dead?  Is he a "Ghost Detective" in the sense that he is the Ghost in question?

Choi Daniel's character:  Dead or Alive?

Somebody please tell me!

Spoiler

Hello @thistle.... Welcome to the thread...!! It seems like you are confused with the title of the show.. At first, I also thought that Daniel's character is a ghost... But the truth is, he is not a ghost, he can see ghosts, which is his special ability!!

And he is survived at the end of the show.... But my question is, the lady in the red dress is a ghost & she is attacking everyone.... from kindergarten teacher to the dog & other kids.... And Daniel was bitten by the dog I think at the end of the show.... I am really curious over the fact that whether Daniel is also possessed by the ghost...!! Can't wait to see more.........:o

“Your Honor” Maintains First Place Lead In Viewership Ratings As “The Ghost Detective” Premieres

by kminjungee
e04db77950d94d60bd7634bbe00ba401.jpeg?s=

A new drama has premiered!

On September 5, KBS2’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Ghost Detective” began its run. The horror-thriller drama is about the highly skilled detective Lee Da Il (Choi Daniel) who hunts ghosts with the help of his assistant, the passionate detective Jung Yeo Wul (Park Eun Bin). As they encounter Sun Woo Hye (Lee Ji Ah), a woman shrouded in mystery, the crime-fighting pair gets entangled in a bizarre case.

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere recorded viewership ratings of 3.7 percent and 4.4 percent, and the drama placed second in its time slot.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1226127wpp/honor-maintains-first-place-lead-viewership-ratings-ghost-detective-premieres

I really don`t care about the ratings but in the same time I wish the drama to mentain its quality and maybe to raise a little in the ratings. It is good for the cast and crew to continue shooting comfortable.

I don't care about the ratings either.... But, A drama should have some better ratings to continue its charm, shouldn't it...??!! Plus, I think  ratings are good as for now... Hope it's getting better with the plot..!!

And by the way, Did you watch ep 1-2 @larus...????!! It's already attracted to me.... And Daniel is so HandSomE :D.... You SHOULD watch it...!!

[The Ghost Detective] Pilot Eps 1 & 2 Choi Daniel gets buried alive

ghost.png

Article: Naver 'The Ghost Detective' Choi Daniel investigates a missing children's case, but was caught in a surprise attack

• Story begins with detectives, Lee Da II (Choi Daniel) and Han Sang Sub (Kim Won Hae) looking for 3 missing kindergarten students. But the detectives were only hired by one of the child's parent and the parent will only pay for finding their own child. 
  • Jung Yeo Wool (Park Eun Bin) joins them as a part-timer. 
  • Da II finds 2 missing students and saves them. But when he was trying to save the last one, he got hit in his head with a hammer. 

1. [+221,-8]
The combination of the actors are good. ㅋㅋㅋ Acting is good too. Especially the kindergarten teacher..

2. [+204,-25]
Put on your glasses... even if it has to be that dark horn-rimmed glasses....

3. [+130,-9]
Daniel is really like Pororo. ㅋㅋ He looks so awkward without glasses.

4. [+94,-8]
Park Eun Bin's diction is good. 

5. [+71,-7]
It's so interesting though...? 

6. [+23,-3]
This is really fun to watch. Other than the acting, the camera compositions, directing and script, they are all good. 

7. [+21,-1]
This is interesting. ㅋㅋㅋ I have to watch this tomorrow too. 

8. [+17,-0]
I really like Kim Won Hae ahjussi~

9. [+17,-0]
This is really interesting. But also really scary ^^ 

10. [+13,-2]
The actors are good at acting.. 

cr

Been waiting for this and it's OOUUUT! My fave genres: mysteries and detective story! Will watch Ep 1 and 2 over the weekend.  :w00t:

Daniel Choi is my man crush, as in a man that can crush me! 
Park Eun Bin, I love since Age of Youth 1 and the love keeps going strong.

Are they destined to be our OTP or just great partner? :huh:

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And by the way, Did you watch ep 1-2 @larus...????!! It's already attracted to me.... And Daniel is so HandSomE :D.... You SHOULD watch it...!!

Not yet. I will watch tonight both episodes. Just watching some videos I am sure that I would love it.

AKR20180906039200005_01_i.jpg

06_164381.jpg

http://www.electimes.com/article.php?aid=1536216559164381082

I finished watching the first episode and I have to say that first scene gave me goosebumps

because I initially thought I was watching a zombie coming out of the grave. 

:lol: Then I saw it was our detective and I was relieved. No walking dead business going on here. *shivers*

I already love the relationships established in the first episode. Lee Da II and his hyung had me cracking up with their banter in every scene. I’m getting a mild Sherlock and Watson banter especially since hyung was complaining that Lee never tells him how he reaches his investigative conclusions. I’m already loving this pair. It was hilarious when hyung said that when he was younger one of his relatives wanted to kill him as an analogy to the daycare director who he felt also wanted to kill him for crushing the ice from his drink with his teeth. LOL The guy cracks me up.

Our lovely assistant Yeo Wool and Lee also has a nice feel to the start of their relationship. Lee obviously knows why YW came to apply for his nonexistent employment ad but we weren’t privy to the answer. I suppose it’s in the synopsis for the show though. She probably want him to help her with the case of her younger sibling. These two already had me cracking up with their ploy to get the security at the museum to show them the CCTV footage. I’m looking forward to seeing their relationship blossom.

It seems that neither Lee nor YW (to some extent) trusts the police. Well, Lee says he only believes what he sees. However, YW seen to have a somewhat sour connection with the younger police detective. Since he seem to be the one to see her as a nuisance judging from his response to her, I figure maybe he doesn’t believe something about her sister’s case and they butt heads. It’s good then that she went to Lee to become his assistant because I have a feeling that he would help her just because the police wouldn’t. 

It seems there will be some barriers to information for our team because it seems like the government passed a law against private investigation agencies. I hope it doesn’t impair their ability to get information too much though. 

Regarding the hammer scene, I knew a blow to the skull was coming. Since the opening scene showed him buried alive and then switched to “two days earlier” I figured he had to be knocked unconscious to be buried alive. Still, I kept wanting him to use a different angle while kneeling before the tub instead of turning his back to the door where anyone can come in and hit him from behind. :weary:

As to the scary parts, I must admit I dislike this type of scary where eyes become bloody and duplicate voices are heard. It’s spot on the type of scare that’s used for possession and therefore reminds me of exorcism based shows which I don’t like. Fortunately those scenes are brief and I watched during the day so I wasn’t as disturbed.

11 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I finished watching the first episode and I have to say that first scene gave me goosebumps

Hide contents

because I initially thought I was watching a zombie coming out of the grave. 

:lol: Then I saw it was our detective and I was relieved. No walking dead business going on here. *shivers*

OMG...!! Your words themselves are giving me goosebumps.... :o. But thankfully, there are no such creatures in the show, which I hate the most.

And the hammer hit on Da il's head is very unexpected.... He didn't realize that someone's behind him. But he immediately realized that someone is watching him from the above when he was with the kids at the basement or something.... And today he will be back... But will he remember anything on that incident...???? And he saw the lady in red for sure before.... He is sensing something wrong.... He told his hyung about so at the kindergarten... And what happens to the dog...?? That innocent animal is already under control of the lady in red..

By the way, I am already seeing a cute couple in Da il & Yeo Wool...!! :wub:. Can't wait to see their on screen romance if there is any....!!!!!!! Their height difference will make them even more romantic :D.

Well.... waiting for today's eps!!!!!

@gm4queen, yes he did see the lady in red. I’m curious to know what conclusion he will reach because I don’t think he will lose the memory of what happened in that scene. I love his response when he came out of the grave because I found it very realistic. It must be truly terrifying to be buried alive. He was all panicked and gasping for air. 

I hope the children were able to safely get home. I’m also really hoping that the little girl in the tub survives but she was still with those two scary ladies. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens because this little girl in particular was Da II’s case. He and his hyung wouldn’t have to worry about rent either if the little girl is returned dead or alive to her parents. I prefer that the little girl survives. 

I love the height difference too. :lol: We didn’t get to see much of them working together this episode but maybe it amps up in episode 2. I like that YW have her own talents to bring to their investigation. 

It must be that time of year 'gain, coincidentally it's still Hungry Ghost Festival for the Chinese & next month, Halloween. Probably that explains the current theme of creepy dramas on KBS:wacko:

Thank God for Choi Daniel though. Who can forget his cute butt from Jugglers LoL?!:w00t: And well, he's a good actor too:lol:

Sheesh this drama should come with a health warning! That scene where the Ahjumma's head turned 360:wacko::sweatingbullets::o and So-Bong's Dad from Are You Human? is here too. He's pretty busy..eheh.

I'm gettin' Queen of Mystery vibes but with paranormal elements. Lookin' forward to future ep. Although with all lights on & during the day preferably... 

Archived