[Drama 2018] Today’s Detective/The Ghost Detective, 오늘의 탐정

larus

10 hours ago, kaedechan said:

I'm sorry i have to disagree with you. You said the writer wanted to give the message that everything is back to NORMAL for everyone. Which part is normal? Da Il being dead? and the possibility that he'll have to suffer for the rest of his life (or eternity) living as a ghost? not to mention being a ghost means he can't have any real future with YW, the one he sacrifice his life for? I don't think i can live like that if i'm in Da Il's position. I'd rather stay dead. IMHO.

Agreed.  Since it appears that DI has damned his immortal soul and he says that he can't live again, then he is causing YW unnecessary pain by staying around her in spirit.  A person who truly loves is also willing to let go for the sake of the other person's happiness.  Staying around her now is just possessiveness and not love.

Now the only thing YW has to hang onto is someone dead.  She has no life now and no hope for children or any future.  She will just be getting old and waiting to die herself but she will never meet DI again in the afterlife or in any future life.  That is the limit of cruelty.  

If DI is dead, he needs to move on.  The best way he can protect YW is to give her a chance to really live.  

This isn't a good ending or an open ending.  It is cruel.  And no amount of positive thinking will change that fact.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if they did not have the element of romance in the drama, the plot would have worked well.

I like the idea that the team would investigate cases which remain unsolved or are of an undetermined cause.

Having said that, as a romantic, you like the idea that the OTP is together. But in reality, I agree that it is cruel for YW.  As mentioned, she will not move on and since this is dramaland, she will remain forever single/alone since she will not even attempt to start a relationship with someone else (my heart broke for JD)

I started the drama with high expectations and was baffled by the turn of events. If only, they had kept DI alive (even in a comatose state) , it would have given hope that he will somehow recover. Having YW 'wait' would not cause as much angst as in the fact that he is physically dead.

SIGH.

I just realized something:  SWH has totally won.  When DI is determined to stay with YW even though he is dead and damned, then he is unintentionally carrying out the course that SWH wanted to put into motion:  that YW will be alone.  And now YW will be alone for eternity after a lifetime with only a ghost.

20 minutes ago, thistle said:

I just realized something:  SWH has totally won.  When DI is determined to stay with YW even though he is dead and damned, then he is unintentionally carrying out the course that SWH wanted to put into motion:  that YW will be alone.  And now YW will be alone for eternity after a lifetime with only a ghost.

Yup, in the end SWH is the winner boss even she vanished ...:cold_sweat:

I made an account just for this drama. The ending really made no sense to me. His ghost wandered around for a year, and now he has the ability to touch people and more importantly, people can see, hear, and touch him. He is basically like a normal human. And he has no repercussions for being able to act like a human. It really feels like the writer tried desperately to make a "happy ending" even with a "sad ending". Until the very end, I see no link with the Ministry of science/technology/whatever it was. 

Looks like everyone here is negative about the ending except me... So now, I am also going negative with you guys...!!

We now know Da Il's whisper for Yeo Wool..!!! But Yeo Wool at the end said that she has a new dream now..!! And when she admits that she's ready to live without him then, he'll disappear forever..!! Or as many chingus here said, Da Il'll forever be alone when Yeo Wool dies...!! :o

And I don't know if anyone of you noticed.. Inside Da Il's room, when his spirit appeared in front of the mirror, his mirror reflection just appeared first before him..!! And even inside the bus, he wasn't visible beside the woman.. He was only visible in the mirror reflection..!! Now, he's totally visible to people only when he wants to be seen by them!! Then, what is he..?!! :o He's more than a ghost now..!! :o

And with positive emotions, this ending seems like a closed one.!! But with negative emotions, this ending seems like an open one.!! But at the end, isn't it obvious that we are all possessed by SWH that we all go negative now??!! I think that's the writer's true intention of making "The Ghost Detective"...!! :D:oYeah, he/she wins by huge time, not SWH..!!

So, let's beg KBS for a Season 2 of "The Ghost Detective" & bring Da Il back as a human..!! And viewers are madly falling for Daniel all over the web..!! :wub: I never thought that a drama ending could make such a big buzz in viewers mind..!!! :o Now that I think, the strange vibe of the series is Daniel himself, not Lee Ji Ah!!!! :o

Let's talk further & further b'cause the ending of "The Ghost Detective" is the most interesting topic across the globe now..!!!

56 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Looks like everyone here is negative about the ending except me... So now, I am also going negative with you guys...!!

We now know Da Il's whisper for Yeo Wool..!!! But Yeo Wool at the end said that she has a new dream now..!! And when she admits that she's ready to live without him then, he'll disappear forever..!! Or as many chingus here said, Da Il'll forever be alone when Yeo Wool dies...!! :o

And I don't know if anyone of you noticed.. Inside Da Il's room, when his spirit appeared in front of the mirror, his mirror reflection just appeared first before him..!! And even inside the bus, he wasn't visible beside the woman.. He was only visible in the mirror reflection..!! Now, he's totally visible to people only when he wants to be seen by them!! Then, what is he..?!! :o He's more than a ghost now..!! :o

And with positive emotions, this ending seems like a closed one.!! But with negative emotions, this ending seems like an open one.!! But at the end, isn't it obvious that we are all possessed by SWH that we all go negative now??!! I think that's the writer's true intention of making "The Ghost Detective"...!! :D:oYeah, he/she wins by huge time, not SWH..!!

So, let's beg KBS for a Season 2 of "The Ghost Detective" & bring Da Il back as a human..!! And viewers are madly falling for Daniel all over the web..!! :wub: I never thought that a drama ending could make such a big buzz in viewers mind..!!! :o Now that I think, the strange vibe of the series is Daniel himself, not Lee Ji Ah!!!! :o

Let's talk further & further b'cause the ending of "The Ghost Detective" is the most interesting topic across the globe now..!!!

In my opinion This is a bitter ending with a slightly happiness to both of them

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

I agree with you that there are two ways to view this ending, happy or sad, based on the viewers perspective. For me personally, I don't have a problem with the ending so much as I have had a problem with the "rules" that the spirit world is run by in the drama. 

I can't tell you how angry I have been as the Spirit world rules have felt skewed to me to favor and give strength to the evil and wicked and make the good nearly powerless and weak in comparison. While this formula is great at creating angst and drama for a story, it just ticked me off to see our heroes so limited and restricted to specific rules which would be harshly punished for if disobeyed with no hope of mercy or forgiveness given in certain circumstances. They were way too rigid for me and biased towards evil.

I guess my frustration with this is because I am a person who believes in mercy and redemption. Also that goodness is actually stronger than wickedness, even more so in the afterlife than in this life. And that evil only has power over you mentally if you allow it be.[which drove me nuts how everyone was so easily possessed and influenced by SWH]  But that is just how I think.  

So based on the rules that the writer made for the drama world, the ending was good. But, I still wish the drama rules had been different so I could get the ending I really wanted...DI + YW both alive and married with detective babies running around! :)

4 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

...DI + YW both alive and married with detective babies running around! :)

That is the only wish of all the viewers..!! :wub: And it'll be the perfect & fair ending for both of them..!!! Also, I secretly wished for a kiss between them, at least a forehead kiss could be perfect!!! But it's better than nothing that he's with her at least as a ghost..!! :wub:

And not to mention that I really love the cinematography of vanishing SWH in to thin air..!!! :o This series has the power of visually possessing its viewers..!! :D And I find it truly amazing as it's the premise of the series..!!! :wub:

Sob it's over :cold_sweat:. Not feeling this ending too much. It's like YW and Da Il are kinda being tortured. To have the one you love but not really. But then at the same time I was happy to see the Scooby doo team back together on the bus. I don't know.... Wish they didn't have the whole the one I love thing... and kept them as besties. With him still there what YW going be a nun? Will she ever get to the point where she can say she's ok with out him? 

Anyways Now can we get Scooby doo team go save the trinity from PID? :grin:

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you so much dear @Heidi Seow -

Lee Ji Ah is so pretty at 40..!!! :wub: She's the best antagonist ever..!!! And just look at Daniel!!! :love:  He's the cutest thing of the set..!!! Just playing with noona's hair!!! :heart:

Miss them desperately!!!!! :cold_sweat:

Yes Lee ji ah is too outstanding as SWH But I guess i need sometime to watch her drama again Her expression as SWH pretty scary :fearful:

8 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Hey everyone! I'm not sure you guys interested to get TGD's Soundtrack or not but here is the link from iTunes.

OMG..!!!!!. :wub: I've been waiting for this...!!!! Total 19 tracks!!!! :wub: I mean I am extremely happy..!!!! Even "Red Eyes" tone is in there..!!. My sister really hates that music :D I must sign in & grab all of them..!!! :)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH DEAR :heart:

4 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

OMG..!!!!!. :wub: I've been waiting for this...!!!! Total 19 tracks!!!! :wub: I mean I am extremely happy..!!!! Even "Red Eyes" tone is in there..!!. My sister really hates that music :D I must sign in & grab all of them..!!! :)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH DEAR :heart:

Most welcome chinguya~!

The "Red Eyes" become different feeling in this score if you didn't play together with SWH. It has Hans Zimmer's style. :sweat_smile:   

13 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Most welcome chinguya~!

The "Red Eyes" become different feeling in this score if you didn't play together with SWH. It has Hans Zimmer's style. :sweat_smile:   

Hehehehe..!!. :sweat_smile:

But when you play it with SWH, you feel the full vibe :wub: If you know what I mean..!! I am so fond of that tone..!!! But my sister really hates it :D When I was watching "The Ghost Detective" on KBS world, she goes "Reduce the volume, would you..??!!, It's annoying" .... Hehehehe..!!!. And It's the power of our pretty SWH :wub:

I really miss her on my monitor screen & TV screen though!!!  :love:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived