[Drama 2018] Lovely Horribly, 러블리 호러블리

Maetawinz

6 hours ago, partyon said:

@darr Yes, it's great to see that the ratings have been good so far. What I meant was that in some international forums there have been fierce debates about this drama because of PSH's private life. Seems many people do not want to watch this drama because they feel they would be supporting him.

I am watching this drama because the plot intrigues me, and I really like Song Ji-hyo. With regards to PSH, I don't know the truth and am not in the position (or even have the right) to judge him.

In any case, I am happy that there are people here who are watching this fun (and a bit scary) drama with me.:) 

I see snide comments about PSH in other drama threads that have nothing to do with him. I heard about the scandal back in the day but one thing that I’ve always heard about those kinds of allegations is that it’s hard to prove who’s telling the truth. Even so, just like I don’t care to know the private lives of actors in the US where I live, I doubly don’t care about the private lives of actors across the world. I’m just here to watch drama after a tiring day. I also feel that I don’t have the right to judge him and I really don’t know the truth about what actually happened. 

Well, I haven’t started this drama yet but I’m glad to hear the ratings have been good because it really does sound like an interesting combo of love and horror. :lol: The last time I watched a Song Ji Hyo drama was Emergency Couple. Looking forward to seeing her again.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, darr said:

Was it not how they were busy debating on his private life when his last drama crossed 40% rating, a rare feat in weekend dramas these days. They should take a chill please. I hate over righteous people. He eve apologised to Koreans during the press conference of his last drama so what do they want again.

I watched this drama's press conference. Was so much fun to watch.

I noticed something, the 3 ladies were very much aware of PSH as a man. If u watch it, u will see that playing out naturally. Who wouldn't be anyway. 

The drama is fantasy and they know how to interject the fun part with the horror to balance it out.  

Looking forward to more fun. 

I actually watch tons of clips of PSH with SJH behind the scene and I must say that she's very comfortable with him. SJH doesn’t even care about his past. So I really don't get it why does it matter with them.

Anyway they're too cute!

Oh yes - they are cute and she is so beautiful. And the chemnisty I can´t feel in the Drama until now (no wonder - not the time for sparkles in the eyes) I can so feel it just in those small clips.

Actually I guess I am a fan of SJH. Did not noticed it before but thanks to soooo many episodes of RM it just came like that. She is such a wonderful person. And a talented actress too. I ended up rewatching Emergency couple.

She is not the type who judge someone easily - as I see it. She was in a movie with Kim Jae Joong when he had a hard time too. Not able to really promote the movie thanks to that. And now she is here. We need more people like her.

eulsoon is so cute with her messy unwashed hair.. she reminds me of violet in the incredibles movie! i guess she had to finally wash them after falling into the mud twice saving philip :lol: not too much of a fan for philip though.. i dunno about his rl scandal but, he is such a chicken!! argh!! i feel like slapping him when he hid in the car when eulsoon was being attacked.. and wanted to slap him again when he was stuck in the bar chair and whining of pain :unamused: sungjoon is so much better, oh no.. i like the second lead better!

miss ki, she died just like that? wow i was expected much more from yeojin.. both she and jihyo were in Emergency Couple.

Well, I'm caught up with all the episodes and it was okay so far: 

1.Eul Soon character is one the audience will pity. Despite the bad things she's been though she still manage to keep strong despite crying at times. She still has her fighting spirit and wont give up. She is definitely a strong female character who takes on the role of the hero rather than the male lead Phillip. Obvious her hair is distracting, but it will make it that much amaze when she finally gets a make-over and how that beautiful face of hers.

2. Philip character is very annoying, cringy, and frustrating. Obviously, it is how his character is written and that's the typical Korean drama formula to start off with an unlikable male lead who softens as time goes on.... His character is haunted by Ra Yeon, who seems to play a major role in his past. It will interesting to see what the background story is. As for his girlfriend Yoon ah, he seems like he is going with the flow in their relationship. I don't know if he loves her since they haven't had any screen time together, but what I'm guessing is that he sees her as the girl to be with for his career rather than the girl he loves. Can't wait to see their dynamic and how Eul Soon will come between their what I would assume, career based relationship. 

3. Sung Joong character sees dead people which means he is able to play a very important role in solving the ghost issue surrounding the lead couple. But we are introduced to a man who has serious feelings for Eul Soon. They know each other well enough to let their guard down so I'm wondering how they met and what their history is. But Sung Joong has shown that he cares deeply for her and wants to help her out. It will be interesting to see if he uses his gift for good or to come between the relationship of the lead couple.

4. Yoon ah character is very mysterious. We see little of her, so it's hard to analyze her other than what her character description have stated. But so far she seems like a busy person who doesn't even seem to be as caring for her boyfriend as they have us believe. Reason being she lied to him about working when she was just visiting a dead friend, Ra Yeon. If she truly cared for him she would have visit him at the hospital no matter what after a near death experience. She comes across as carrying some form of guilt in regards to Ra Yeon. I am very curious to see how she ties with Ra Yeon death. I hope she wasn't involved in Ra Yeon death because that would make her character un remediable. As I'm watching this drama for her, it will be a bit tough to see her so evil again, but I hope she can do a good job with his character, no matter how evil she is. But may be they can surprise us and make her not so bad.

5. Eun Young character starts off as coming a crossed sophisticated, intelligent, successful, but then we get a curve ball where it turns out to be a facade on her part. It appears that her talent does not match how she comes across. That she is very conniving to deceive Eul Soon into allowing her to get credit for her story. She is a power hungry creature who will do what she can to make it to the top at the cost of her friends, family, etc. But her character's death is unexpected and hopefully it's not permanent since her character brings a certain dynamic to this drama. It will be interesting to see if she redeems herself or if she becomes even worst. That is if she can come back from the dead.

What I fear in regards to this drama is the fact that it may lose what it's trying to be due to the many formulas involve such as horror, comedy, romance, and a drama within a drama. It has a lot going on here which if not balanced intelligently, people may find it hard to follow and enjoy. It's also a tad boring for a drama with so much happening in it, but I hope it can become darker as the episodes go on. That the drama will become coherent, suspenseful, with solid acting. Hopefully it doesn't overdo things as to confuse the audience in what exactly it's trying to be. Balance and a coherent plot is the key. 

I started watching this show because of Jihyo but now I'm intrigued by the story line. Just wanna talk about this fate shared between EulSoon and Philip. 2 souls born at the same time but with different fate.

So based on what the fortune teller told Philip, Philip was supposed to die when he was 10 years old. However his meeting with EulSoon changed that fate. 

And then we have this apple tree amulet:

0qjUrhqr.jpg

Anyone know any significance to the symbol on the pendant? Is it a star constellation?

I do find it strange that Philip would wear the amulet for so long with EulSoon's name engraved at the back of it. Maybe he confused it with his own name - EulChook? Haha! :D

Anyway, no idea how this pendant came into Philip's hands in the first place but looking at the story so far, it seems to affect the fate/luck of the wearer. Or maybe just coincidence?

And then another question comes to my mind. Why was EulSoon wearing it in the first place? She mentioned that it was for her protection. So was she born unfortunate like Philip before the amulet? Or it's a lucky charm? Hmm...

Anyway, like I mentioned earlier on, the fortune teller mentioned that Philip should have died when he was 10. And which is why death seems to haunt him every 8 years since. So Philip came to a near death experience when he's 18 (unknown whether it happened), 26 (the mysterious fire incident), and 34 (the landslide incident). Strange enough, we found out that EulSoon was also in a near death experience 8 years ago. Woo~~~ yet to find out more about that...

Ok, enough rambling from me, below are just screenshots of when these 2 souls first met. (Or almost met during their teens) :lol:

Le3Vk1fr.jpg

That plastic bag over the head is just ridiculous :lol:

And then we have a sequence of EulSoon saving Philip in distress.

DWj9ytar.jpg

I noticed eventhough Philip is the one in unfortunate situations (excluding the knife incident), EulSoon would be the one gladly rescuing him, at the cost of her right palm - which would start bleeding again.

Just extra screenshots below!

Spoiler

EulSoon is good at leaving first scary impressions

6HDarfB.jpg

Poor Philip terrified of her :lol:

LBt2QyKr.jpg

Oooohhhh... :D

Can't wait for new episodes soon! 

(Lovely Horribly (러블리 호러블리) (KBS 2TV 월화드라마) OST Part.1)

Title : WHO

Artist : SeungHee (승희) (Oh My Girl (오마이걸)

Release Date : 2018.08.20

Genre : OST

Label : LOEN Entertainment (로엔엔터테인먼트) Language : Korean

6 hours ago, dynamo14 said:

Anyone know any significance to the symbol on the pendant? Is it a star constellation?

Actually I wanted to know that too - but I can´t really find a fitting constellation. The nearest might be Cassiopeia - but its still not right.  I still checked the background - but there is nothing to find as I see. So we need to wait and find out.

Spoiler

800px_COLOURBOX8138605.jpg

OMG I just watched the first episode and I soo loooove it, this is my first k-drama since Song Ji Hyo's last drama My wife's having an affair this week which i adored, and once again i am totally hooked with this drama, i was not expecting it to be soooo damn funny, i was laughing so much, but at the same time it's soo different from any series i have previously seen, and can I just take a moment to praise Song Ji Hyo's acting, she makes her character once again sooo relatable, you can't help but cheer for her luck and root for her

Archived