[Drama 2018] Lovely Horribly, 러블리 호러블리

Maetawinz

2 hours ago, sexybench said:

I think the real ghost is Phillip's mom. She's doing all of this to make sure he's near to ES so that he can live. 

That makes better sense. Because the ghost was first seen with Philip when he arrived at the airport and KiKwang saw it. Then later it was with Eul Soon. The ghost is probably the mom leading Eul Soon to go protect her son and they have to share fate to help one another. Interesting.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am officially enchanted with this weird yet interesting drama! I mean i am still a bit confused and sometimes a tad scared with some scenes, but the story draws you in.

I just want to verify that ES has been writing a story that a ghost possess her to? and that despite this Philip needs her to protect him from the misfortune of the story she writes?

5 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

are there two than - because the last scene - the ghost wrote something on ES Arm - and therefore Phillip nearly died...

I think the one who wrote the notice is still Philip's mom, Philip is fated to die even since he is ten, but he manage to escape it because of Eul soon's amulet (created from her tree, the one that is ripped, while Philip's tree is the one withered).  But death will not give up just like that, when given the chance, it will come to him again, again and again. And the only one that can save him is Eul Soon, his mom knows that.. But I don't think she wants to forsake Eul Soon, her time she spent with Eul Soon must make her love the now-unfortunate child like her own daughter. That's why she try her best to make Philip marry Eul Soon, in hope that the fate will be nice to them.. (Maybe she knows something..) 

Btw, the Fortune Teller, the one who philip and his manager visit, Is he the same person with a shaman that eyes burnt by the fire when Eul Soon's dad wanted to burn the trees? And Is he already dead? 

I truly love this drama >< unique and unpredictable 

lovely.png

[Lovely Horribly] Eps 7 & 8 Song Ji Hyo makes sudden wedding announcement with Park Shi Hoo

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Article: Naver 'Lovely Horribly' Song Ji Hyo makes wedding announcement with Park Shi Hoo → sudden kiss 

• Yoo Philip (Park Shi Hoo) asks Eul Soon (Song Ji Hyo) to continue writing her script, on the condition of her moving in to stay with Philip. 
  • Lee Sung Joong (Lee Kikwang) finds out and stops Philip from doing that. He claims that Philips' house belongs to him. 
  • Strange writings in red begin to appear on Eul Soon's arm at their drama press conference. 
  • Eul Soon could somehow foresee that the mysterious reporter is going to shoot Philip, and she tries to prevent it by announcing her marriage with Philip. 

1. [+145,-2]
Time just flew by watching this today.

2. [+49,-0]
Philip's face. ㅋㅋ Already the second kiss without any heart flutters. ㅋㅋ

3. [+35,-1]
At first, I thought it was just a funny and scary drama.. but slowly, I'm looking forward to Eul Soon's and Philip's romance. Why was it so heart fluttering when she cut her bangs?

4. [+35,-2]
My heart fluttered at the scene where she cuts her bangs. 

5. [+12,-1]
It's so fun to watch. I can't predict what's going to happen next week. It's not obvious. An original story.

6. [+10,-1]
It's fun, but I hope that the two will begin their romance soon. ㅠㅠ

7. [+10,-1]
Time flies, really. The story development is amazing. Seriously interesting. 

8. [+10,-1]
What's this? Why did Eul Soon call Philip's mother, mom??? 

9. [+11,-3]
Park Si Hoo's and Song Ji Hyo's chemistry is the best~ ♡ Their visuals are the best too. Acting is no joke too. ^^

11 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Ah - I get it now... thats because most pages - and me too -  are saying one hour is one Episode. But there was a change not so long ago - no one Episode is official half an hour. So - like that - on the first day was Episode 1 and 2 on air - and we are today with 7 and 8 up to date.

Ahh okay now it makes sense, I also refer to one hour as one episode, because that's how it's usually uploaded online. Anyway that means that this series is not 32 episode but 16 episode, man I loove this drama soo much i don't want it to end soo soon, but okay 10 episodes more to go :w00t:

I finished the latest ep today, and I'm left with more questions than answers. I'm highly anticipating next week's eps, and if a drama can get me to feel that (and to get me to participate in a soompi forum lol), then they must be doing really well— regardless of what the ratings say. :D

I'ma place the rest of my comments under a spoiler thing for those who haven't watched (I apologize for thoughtlessly posting the last time and not realizing there might be others who haven't watched the recent eps and are avoiding spoilers. Mianhaeyo.) 

Spoiler

*my theory of the black spirit being Philip's mom still stands ... especially after it was revealed that she was Eulsoon's mother too. I screamed at the end when she fed Eulsoon that dumpling lololol!! Not sure yet what really happened to ES's real parents tho. But I feel like maybe the mom felt responsible for ES suffering all that misfortune for the sake of real son so she took on caring for her instead.

*I was touched with the story of how ES got into writing. I also write as a hobby/outlet, and I also got into writing as a young girl so that really hit home.

*I know eventually Philip will change, but now, as hilarious as his antics are... I have to say, he is quite full of himself. Eulsoon is just to good to not refuse helping anyone, even when it could already be hurting her (physically, emotionally). His flashback with finding the mom who abandoned him was heartbreaking, and I understand why as an adult he puts up this cool, got-myself-together facade. On the inside I can feel he's still that boy just longing for his mother's love.

*that creepy haraboji fortune teller... I think he's dead. lol idk.

*even though Philipsays he doesn't believe in ghosts, I think he can see them (example is haraboji fortune teller tho that's just my theory that he's dead ok). also the ghost woman (Rayeon??) chasing Philip on the 5th flr of the hotel?? that woman scared me too btw, when it suddenly zoomed in hahaha!

*I agree with SJ when he said the lady in white wearing a hat is a living person. and very closely linked to suspicious gf Yoona. hmmm...

*I have many other thoughts but here's the final one: the kiss scene at the end was so hilarious, especially when both PSH and SJH's lips were puckered up and they both looked terrified :lol: these 2 actors really do comedy well with each other, which makes the drama refreshing to watch.

I hope we can discuss more theories and speculations here on this forum! Fighting! 

1 hour ago, mary-ann said:

Ahh okay now it makes sense, I also refer to one hour as one episode, because that's how it's usually uploaded online. Anyway that means that this series is not 32 episode but 16 episode, man I loove this drama soo much i don't want it to end soo soon, but okay 10 episodes more to go :w00t:

Oh i would have hesitate to watch with 32 hour Episodes... I hate it when a good Drama starts to get draggy. 16 Episodes is great. If you aks me - a strory can only be good if there is an end to it too.Thats what I love so much about KDramas. Not Seasion 7 Episode 1054....

9 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Oh i would have hesitate to watch with 32 hour Episodes... I hate it when a good Drama starts to get draggy. 16 Episodes is great. If you aks me - a strory can only be good if there is an end to it too.Thats what I love so much about KDramas. Not Seasion 7 Episode 1054....

That's true, a good story usually has an end too, by the way i want you to take a look at this clip, can we just take a moment to appreciate the killer visuals of our leads, Song Ji Hyo looks stunning even without any makeup on and even with the messy hair heh!

song ji hyo's actign is pretty weird.. in the scenes when she is scared or confused or i don't know what she is emoting..

I am not sure what the motivation is for her weird actions - if you know after announcement he will be shot.. why not just call out on that guy .. or move shin away.. or basically stop from having absolutely any kind of marriage announcement..

and similarly in most of the other situations

pacing is good.. keeps things interesting.

So, i think the obsessed fan was into witchcraft and all.. the way she lit candles in particular order and believed in sacrifice.. it maybe mean they will be together. And we have seen Phillip cross paths with her in yesterday's episode on that 5th floor.

So this ghost wants Phillip dead at all cost so that he and she can be together.

CEO and fiance did something 8 yrs ago to phillip and he doesn't know about it. Maybe some ruse involving the now ghost girl but it ended bad

The man is probably lover of the ghost girl keen on revenge or again controlled by ghost because he can see it for whatever reason

blind man is the same man whose eyes got burnt when tree was cut. But isn't he a ghost too?

Phillip's mom is definitely a ghost ( that's why i think even this stalking fan became ghost using some witchcraft)

Maybe ES's parents died early and phillip's mom stayed by her side to make sure Phillip has a good life. I doubt P's mom would give a darn about ES's wellbeing even today.

why can the second lead see ghosts? And what did it mean when he said the woman in white was definitely a person and not a ghost.. 

there are two types of ghost.. the vapourish ones.. and then like the ghost on 5th floor.. walking talking hanging from the ceiling type

12 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

song ji hyo's actign is pretty weird.. in the scenes when she is scared or confused or i don't know what she is emoting..

I am not sure what the motivation is for her weird actions - if you know after announcement he will be shot.. why not just call out on that guy .. or move shin away.. or basically stop from having absolutely any kind of marriage announcement..

Well it was an impulsive action, she just wanted to save him, and only had a few seconds to act, ofcourse the way she choose to save him may not have been the best, but i loved her way of saving them by saying they instead are a couple, think about it for a second, this may save them alot of trouble in the future now, noone will question who the woman is that lives with phillip, so that means no scandals, and on the other hand now she has t live with him to avoid the public curiosity and paparazies heh

9 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

Well it was an impulsive action, she just wanted to save him, and only had a few seconds to act, ofcourse the way she choose to save him may not have been the best, but i loved her way of saving them by saying they instead are a couple, think about it for a second, this may save them alot of trouble in the future now, noone will question who the woman is that lives with phillip, so that means no scandals, and on the other hand now she has t live with him to avoid the public curiosity and paparazies heh

But it is already settled that she wasn't going to live with him or that she cared about it in first place.

Maybe could be spontaneous reaction but i am really not liking her weird expressions everytime strange situations come up. It's really like i don't understand what is she trying to emote - sleepy and dazed, scared, pondering, tryign to find solution in the back of her mind.. expressions not so clear

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

But it is already settled that she wasn't going to live with him or that she cared about it in first place.

Maybe could be spontaneous reaction but i am really not liking her weird expressions everytime strange situations come up. It's really like i don't understand what is she trying to emote - sleepy and dazed, scared, pondering, tryign to find solution in the back of her mind.. expressions not so clear

Well it was a moment of panic, where all emotions run, and i think the way she reacted perfectly demonstrated the panic she was going through in her head, she was at a conference that was veery important to her, and at the same time someone she cares is about to loose his life, she already lost one friend, and she is not going to let another one die like that, and she knew she was the only one that could change his fate for the better, and acted really fast, to prevent it, that's quite impressive, most people in her situation would question if they are crazy seeeing and experiencing the things she is going through in the drama

1 hour ago, mary-ann said:

Well it was a moment of panic, where all emotions run, and i think the way she reacted perfectly demonstrated the panic she was going through in her head, she was at a conference that was veery important to her, and at the same time someone she cares is about to loose his life, she already lost one friend, and she is not going to let another one die like that, and she knew she was the only one that could change his fate for the better, and acted really fast, to prevent it, that's quite impressive, most people in her situation would question if they are crazy seeeing and experiencing the things she is going through in the drama

well maybe for you.. 

i couldn't see mix of any emotion.. i couldn't even sense panic.. she just seems too dull like someone has woken her up from her sleep..

i don't know if she is interpreting this character has someone who is on a constant high :(

at this stage i doubt any character will think they are crazy.. there is ample proof of what is happening so its pretty much in character. She ain't the only one with weird around her.. others are too.. so that way i think script is fine in terms of getting characters to accept the fact 

I haven't watched ep 4 yet but here are some thoughts that I have:

1. Is the girl in the white dress Yoona?

2. Man in black could Ra Yeon's brother? Avenging her death?

The ones below I think have already been covered

3. Is the ghost Philip's mum? She said she wouldn't come back as a ghost right? But maybe this is irony?

4. Did Eul Soon steal Philip's luck first? "I'm not sick anymore"

14 hours ago, Kyouou said:

Btw, the Fortune Teller, the one who philip and his manager visit, Is he the same person with a shaman that eyes burnt by the fire when Eul Soon's dad wanted to burn the trees? And Is he already dead? 

I truly love this drama >< unique and unpredictable 

Yes, I think the shaman is the same guy as the fortune teller. He probably died not long after philip yoo and his manager saw him at that time in the shaman's house. 

Each episode always leave me with two cliffhangers: the one that follows the plot, and the flashback that is always shown at the end of the episodes. The mysteries keep piling up, not only are we dealing with ghosts, but has ES lost her memory somewhere in the past; why would she call someone else "Mom"?

1 hour ago, Not Yixing said:

I haven't watched ep 4 yet but here are some thoughts that I have:

1. Is the girl in the white dress Yoona?

2. Man in black could Ra Yeon's brother? Avenging her death?

The ones below I think have already been covered

3. Is the ghost Philip's mum? She said she wouldn't come back as a ghost right? But maybe this is irony?

4. Did Eul Soon steal Philip's luck first? "I'm not sick anymore"

I'm guessing that the man in black that keeps showing around is one of the guys from back then that liked Ra Yeon, too and blames Philip for her death. I am for sure that it's Yoona who keeps wearing that white dress and showing up on purpose to scare Philip whenever he's with Eul Soon. Yoona probably wants him to herself only and she probably got rid of Ra Yeon. She and the Head of Philip's agency knows something and they are hiding it from Philip.

I think there are two ghost that is around Eul Soon. The black one that KiKwang keeps seeing near the dumpling shop is Philip's mom. She left her son to protect him. She probably knows that Eul Soon and Philip shares the same fate, so she needs to keep Eul Soon alive in order to keep her son alive. That's probably why she let Eul Soon call her mom after her real mom past. The second ghost which is the purple light that keeps talking to Eul Soon, I think it's Ra Yeon trying to reveal the truth through Eul Soon's story. She probably is revealing that it's not Philip's fault she died in the fire.

I think the luck changes back and forth between Philip and Eul Soon, since the day they met, because Philips does make a statement to Eul Soon that when you have good days, I have bad days. When I have good day, you have bad days. Their luck goes back and forth. But now Philip knows that he has to find a way to protect Eul Soon, because she's slowly getting hurt, all those scars are not healing from her body and she keeps getting hurt for him. 

I think KiKwang is the key to saving the two of them, because he can see ghost and he's been around Eul Soon since they were young, too. He can tell the difference between a ghost and a human. So he's going to be the key to helping Philip and Eul Soon. He's going to help Eul Soon finish the story and save the two of them. 

Sorry for the long post. Just some thoughts I had while watching the drama. :D

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm guessing that the man in black that keeps showing around is one of the guys from back then that liked Ra Yeon, too and blames Philip for her death. I am for sure that it's Yoona who keeps wearing that white dress and showing up on purpose to scare Philip whenever he's with Eul Soon. Yoona probably wants him to herself only and she probably got rid of Ra Yeon. She and the Head of Philip's agency knows something and they are hiding it from Philip.

I think there are two ghost that is around Eul Soon. The black one that KiKwang keeps seeing near the dumpling shop is Philip's mom. She left her son to protect him. She probably knows that Eul Soon and Philip shares the same fate, so she needs to keep Eul Soon alive in order to keep her son alive. That's probably why she let Eul Soon call her mom after her real mom past. The second ghost which is the purple light that keeps talking to Eul Soon, I think it's Ra Yeon trying to reveal the truth through Eul Soon's story. She probably is revealing that it's not Philip's fault she died in the fire.

I think the luck changes back and forth between Philip and Eul Soon, since the day they met, because Philips does make a statement to Eul Soon that when you have good days, I have bad days. When I have good day, you have bad days. Their luck goes back and forth. But now Philip knows that he has to find a way to protect Eul Soon, because she's slowly getting hurt, all those scars are not healing from her body and she keeps getting hurt for him. 

I think KiKwang is the key to saving the two of them, because he can see ghost and he's been around Eul Soon since they were young, too. He can tell the difference between a ghost and a human. So he's going to be the key to helping Philip and Eul Soon. He's going to help Eul Soon finish the story and save the two of them. 

OMG! I totally agree with you! After watching episode 4, your theory makes so much sense. Yoona is very likely the antagonist and the probable reason as to why Ra Yeon died. I'm thinking the manager had something to do with it to, perhaps not the murder aspect but he was probably key in Ra Yeon and Philip's relationship breakdown. 

I'm guessing the grave Eul Soon visits is Philip's mum's? 

I have a question about the dumpling situation. So the owner who passed away is it Philip's mum or someone else? Eul Soon seemed distant as she revealed what the building next to her house was. So before Eul Dumplings opened, it was Sung Joon and family's shop and then it came under Eul Soon and Philip's mum's ownership? 

I suppose the real question is how on earth did Philip's mum and Eul Soon form a relationship? Is it guilt? Did Eul Soon lose both her parents due to her bad luck so Philip's mum went to her out of guilt and left him with his dad? 

10 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

pacing is good.. keeps things interesting.

So, i think the obsessed fan was into witchcraft and all.. the way she lit candles in particular order and believed in sacrifice.. it maybe mean they will be together. And we have seen Phillip cross paths with her in yesterday's episode on that 5th floor.

So this ghost wants Phillip dead at all cost so that he and she can be together.

CEO and fiance did something 8 yrs ago to phillip and he doesn't know about it. Maybe some ruse involving the now ghost girl but it ended bad

The man is probably lover of the ghost girl keen on revenge or again controlled by ghost because he can see it for whatever reason

blind man is the same man whose eyes got burnt when tree was cut. But isn't he a ghost too?

Phillip's mom is definitely a ghost ( that's why i think even this stalking fan became ghost using some witchcraft)

Maybe ES's parents died early and phillip's mom stayed by her side to make sure Phillip has a good life. I doubt P's mom would give a darn about ES's wellbeing even today.

why can the second lead see ghosts? And what did it mean when he said the woman in white was definitely a person and not a ghost.. 

there are two types of ghost.. the vapourish ones.. and then like the ghost on 5th floor.. walking talking hanging from the ceiling type

SJH's acting is a tinsy bit dull in this drama but I suppose it's because her character is sort of a tough nut? She has to display emotions quite quickly as her character is quite a quick thinker. You should watch My Wife is Having an Affair this Week (aka listen to love), she's very good in it. 

2 hours ago, Ruique said:

Yes, I think the shaman is the same guy as the fortune teller. He probably died not long after philip yoo and his manager saw him at that time in the shaman's house. 

Each episode always leave me with two cliffhangers: the one that follows the plot, and the flashback that is always shown at the end of the episodes. The mysteries keep piling up, not only are we dealing with ghosts, but has ES lost her memory somewhere in the past; why would she call someone else "Mom"?

The evil/cheeky smile he gave after telling Philip he's a ghost almost certainly makes me believe he is one lol

7 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Thanks for your insight... I also think that the man in black is one of his band mates (Jump Five?). Looks like they have disbanded and it maybe happened shortly before RY's death. My theory is that the fire 8 years ago was accidental caused by the many candles but RY's death was not. I don't think it was a suicide. RY was hit and left to die. ES was in her workroom nearby and managed to save Phillip and saw someone else in the room  and try to save her (though she doesn't know that the person is RY at that time) but she was hit in the head by falling debris and couldn't save her. That's why EY said in Ep 1 that she thought ES has died. I'm not surprised if RY was still alive and saw ES came to save her before she died and that's why she is haunting ES as she is using ES as a medium to tell her story.

I agree that SJ is the key to save both of them. 8 years ago Phillip was supposed to die in the fire but ES saved him. Because of their fate, ES was gravely injured but I think SJ saved her. That's why they are very close.

I'm trying to understand the connection with the Mansion, Turtle Hardware and the apple trees. Both the mansion and Turtle Hardware belongs to ES's father and bought over by SJ's parents when they went bankrupt? Why ES cannot recognize SJ as the boy who used to sleep at her place?

Archived