[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad Papa Episode 7-8 Recap

Bad Papa Episode 7-8 “Re Action”

Years ago…

Yoo Ji Cheol (Jang Hyuk), his wife Choi Sun Joo (Son Yeo Eun) and young daughter look at the ultrasound pictures of the baby boy. They are excited a new addition will be added to their family.

Ji Cheol is upset that the money he invested with Kim Yoon Soo is gone. Ji Cheol declares he sunk all his money into the scheme. He wants to meet with Yoon Soo who in return declares he’ll be out of town for a period of time and hangs up.

Continue reading here 

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/13/bad-papa-episode-7-8-recap/

bad-papa-hdtv-eng-e07-e08.jpg?w=605&h=45

My favourite scene in episode 8. I watched it without subs and was touched. Yesterday I watched it with subs and was moved to tears.. Papa JC really loves his wife and daughter very much, murmuring their names even in his sleep..I am glad to see that his daughter loves him so much too. I am sure SJ as well. She is just thrilled to be able to fulfil her dream of being a writer and I don't think she is attracted to MW at all.  But she should at least reject creepy MW's advances...those longing looks he gave her.. should send off warning signs to her to stay away from him!  Please writer nim, i don't want to hate SJ, JC loves her and she has stood by him during the tough and trying times of his life. Let them be happy together.

The fact that MBC did a short clip to show the ‘love’ between Husband and wife is telling. MW May threaten to come between them but is not going to happen. 

I somehow felt that MBC was trying to assure audience that, don’t worry, they love each other! Hahaha!

And back to Jang Hyuk, I really like him as a person. Enduring, diligent and hardworking :)

Filming 

8 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

The fact that MBC did a short clip to show the ‘love’ between Husband and wife is telling. MW May threaten to come between them but is not going to happen. 

I somehow felt that MBC was trying to assure audience that, don’t worry, they love each other! Hahaha!

Yeah MBC is certainly telling us not to worry ! 

On 10/11/2018 at 8:46 AM, purplebass said:

@skypearl You really got the point about SJ and I agree with everything you said.

I don't agree with her behavior with MW because I think she's misunderstanding his "kindness" (because it is anything but kindness). MW never did anything wrong to SJ (that we're aware of) and they have an intimate relationship. What I mean is that they're old friends and so they treat each other freely. This is why it may seem that SJ is flirting with him. She's comfortable with him so she uses that gushing voice. I think the reason why she seem to waver is that MW is acting (we know his act is not pure) in a way she longs for. That is, how probably JC used to act when they got together and how JC often acts but it became less with time, since SJ seems to push him away (if it's an indication they aren't sleeping in the same bed anymore).

SJ is realistic but she's also very dreamy, given she's a writer and the most important trait of a writer is imagination. When we see her imagining herself watching a man with a nice backside preparing breakfast for her, imo that's not only a pivotal scene for her book, but also what she'd want to live in real life - this is why we see her in that vivid imagination. But the man is not JC. That's partially her choice, because it seems that she is the one who decided not to sleep anymore with JC. There are many couples who don't get along, and even if they don't have sex, they still sleep on the same bed. The fact that she prefers to spend her nights on writing fiction is important. It surely happened something that triggered her behavior. Maybe the loss of her second child and JC's divorce papers? I think that flashback of the hospital is connected to the beginning of Ep. 07.

That's when MW gets in. He came back at the lowest point of her relationship with JC, and since she sees MW with colored glasses, she's bound to see him as a prototype of a male character of her book. The one she probably also fantasizes about and that "gives" or "could give" her what she wants that JC doesn't give her OR... what she doesn't see JC giving her. Because JC gives her "things" and not what she wants. She probably wants affection showed through hugs, preparing her a meal, cleaning the house... all the things JC doesn't do and it makes her seem he doesn't care. When you're going through a difficult time, even the smallest things can help keeping the family together. JC thinks he's being a husband by buying his wife a pretty dress, which is a nice gesture, but not the type SJ wants. I think if JC tried hard to be a better husband, his wife wouldn't see MW the way she's seeing him. Hopefully she'll get back to reality when she understands his reasons, because right now she's really acting like this because she's idolizing MW's behavior.

I have a different opinion about  I've  highlighted in your text. 

I can understand she feel comfortable with MW cause they are old friends, she doesn't has to get ride of her friendship because of her husband but she knows they hate each other, she doesn't has to quit her dream to be a writer, she can do WM biography without hurting her husband in the process .I think she must be a little more loyal to her husband.  

The only reason she didn't tell him about the trip cause  she already knew she will hurt his pride.  JC is always sorry with her and his daughter and he didn't do anything wrong , everything he do is for his family.  I agree she has the right to work with MW but going with him for two days without telling to her husband?, she could do it in a different way. Even she wore the dress JC gave her and she denied it was a JC gift...come on girl don't be so shameless. 

I don't think JC wants to fix their relationship  spending money on a dress, he is so innocent to be 43, and he don't know what to do to gain her again. She is always arguing with him because money but money is not everything in life. 

Even he wants a huge from his wife, if you need affection you don't go out with another man to feel that you are still a woman. If she wants to do that because she need love, she must get a divorce first.  She is always coursing at home, badmouthing her husband in front of her child. She humiliates him whatever she wants. 

I really wish she could realized that MW wants to be near her only to hurt JC, but i think she will suffer the consequence of her decision.  I think she accepted MW offer because of money and it's ok , they need that money, but  now i think is more about her ego to be call a writer. 

BTW: I' am liking for the police girl. She respect JC and believe in him more than his wife. 

My two cents

Shin Eun Soo Shows Off Her Moves In “Bad Papa”

aaf64d0dd4ab41cd9517f7761fb07f38.jpeg?s=

Shin Eun Soo will be entering a fierce dance audition competition in MBC’s “Bad Papa.”

“Bad Papa” is about a man who chooses to become a bad person in order to become a good father. The drama has been praised for its action scenes as well as its moving and exciting storyline.

Shin Eun Soo portrays Yoo Young Sun, a girl who gave up her dream of becoming a ballerina and lives with a wall up after her father Yoo Ji Chul (played by Jang Hyuk) lost a fixed boxing match six years ago. Right when her ballerina career was about to take off, she learned that her father’s mistake was also being brought up with her name and stopped pursuing her dream.

In the stills, Yoo Young Sun enters a dance audition competition where many talented dancers from all around the country have gathered. Unlike the other dancers who are adorned in fancy outfits, she is dressed in a white t-shirt and athletic pants. Although she appears nervous at first, she grabs the attention of everyone in the room with her ballet-infused moves.

In an episode last week, she cried while telling her father the reason why she quit her dream. He told her, “Do everything you want to do,” and gave his support. She has now entered the dancing competition and is auditioning during its preliminary round.

This scene was filmed on September 27 in the city of Bucheon. Although Shin Eun Soo has danced as a trainee at JYP Entertainment, she received additional dance lessons before the drama in order to portray her character. Although she appeared shy before filming, she showcased her beautiful dance moves once the cameras began rolling.

Shin Eun Soo expressed Yoo Young Sun’s story through modern dance and ballet and earned applause for her unique choreography.A source from the drama said, “Shin Eun Soo usually looks like a cute maknae, but she shows off her sincere, passionate acting when filming begins. The girl who gave up her dream for her family will dream of flying again and take action. She’ll give hopeful energy to many people.”

Will she be able to find her footing after six years? Find out when “Bad Papa” airs two episodes back-to-back on October 15 at 10 p.m. KST.

Shin-Eun-Soo4.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1245091wpp/shin-eun-soo-shows-off-moves-bad-papa

5 hours ago, camichi said:

I have a different opinion about  I've  highlighted in your text. 

I can understand she feel comfortable with MW cause they are old friends, she doesn't has to get ride of her friendship because of her husband but she knows they hate each other, she doesn't has to quit her dream to be a writer, she can do WM biography without hurting her husband in the process .I think she must be a little more loyal to her husband.  

The only reason she didn't tell him about the trip cause  she already knew she will hurt his pride.  JC is always sorry with her and his daughter and he didn't do anything wrong , everything he do is for his family.  I agree she has the right to work with MW but going with him for two days without telling to her husband?, she could do it in a different way. Even she wore the dress JC gave her and she denied it was a JC gift...come on girl don't be so shameless. 

I don't think JC wants to fix their relationship  spending money on a dress, he is so innocent to be 43, and he don't know what to do to gain her again. She is always arguing with him because money but money is not everything in life. 

Even he wants a huge from his wife, if you need affection you don't go out with another man to feel that you are still a woman. If she wants to do that because she need love, she must get a divorce first.  She is always coursing at home, badmouthing her husband in front of her child. She humiliates him whatever she wants. 

I really wish she could realized that MW wants to be near her only to hurt JC, but i think she will suffer the consequence of her decision.  I think she accepted MW offer because of money and it's ok , they need that money, but  now i think is more about her ego to be call a writer. 

BTW: I' am liking for the police girl. She respect JC and believe in him more than his wife. 

My two cents

I’m liking the female Detective Too! Her character is lovable up to this stage :) 

Bad Papa second OST 'Golden Goat' sang by Oh Hyuk will be released today 6 pm

2018101510241689400-540x540.jpg

Jang Hyuk's new instagram update

And you can hear part of the new OST here

<# Bad Papa> JUST DREAM
Ji-cheol (Jang Hyuk) knows that Sun Joo (Son Yeo-eun) is meeting Min Woo (Ha-Joon) at Gangneung, and the misunderstanding between them deepen. On the other hand, Young-seon (Shin EunSoo) goes to the dance audition 'The Ultimate Dancer' ...

Archived