[Drama 2018] Bad Papa, 배드파파 - 2018 Grimae Awards for Best Actor & Best Drama

Prettysup

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Prettysup the new stills seem to suggest Jc signed the contract, he can’t resist it, it came at a time when he needed that money for the house.

His Wife realise something is not right but he is not telling hher what did he do to get the money and u can feel the tension even in the pictures. Or he is hiding his bruised eyes by using sunglasses.

Ok I see Gangster DCS and his sunglasses late at night hahahah!

@azureblue7 he is blushing sooo much in that video!

Bad Papa Episode 1 Recap

Posted on 10/07/2018 by KJT (aka kjtamuser)  1 Comment

Bad Papa Episode 1

The scene is an accident. A car is on its side. A woman is trapped her daughter crying. Yoo Ji Cheol (Jang Hyuk) is there but can’t free the woman. He thinks “the woman isn’t my wife; her daughter isn’t my child”. Grabbing money on the ground he thinks

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/07/bad-papa-episode-1-recap/

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Bad Papa Episode 1 Recap

Posted on 10/07/2018 by KJT (aka kjtamuser)  1 Comment

Bad Papa Episode 1

The scene is an accident. A car is on its side. A woman is trapped her daughter crying. Yoo Ji Cheol (Jang Hyuk) is there but can’t free the woman. He thinks “the woman isn’t my wife; her daughter isn’t my child”. Grabbing money on the ground he thinks

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/07/bad-papa-episode-1-recap/

Link don’t work? 

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Link don’t work? 

I've reposted the link now.

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

For family which have financial issue, they know how to pick branded clothing. :lol:

I think this family is not poor but poor manager of their money. Their expenses exceed their income. 

19 hours ago, purplebass said:

It could also be related to doping, maybe he used drugs to pump his performance

What if Professor Cha and the evil guys' father used to test their drugs on athletes 

maybe his aim is to win against him for real and prove himself. 

but money still interest him to a certain degree  In the past, maybe he wanted to use them to settle down and have an easy life with his family,

I think it was mentioned that he was accused of match fixing not doping.

Highly probable case. They used some experimental  drugs on the athletes(probably disguised as health supplements) and it weakened JC's body which made him loose his last match. Maybe JC was aware of this corruption at some point but he had to keep his mouth shut.

I also feel that MW genuinely wants to win against him. 

It's impossible for a human specially a family man to not have any intrest in money at all. But he had honest ways of earning it. No I don't think he hated his job infact I think he loved it. He is weak-spirited at present because he couldn't pursue something he was passionate about.

I hope they will show the backstory 11 years ago soon because I am feeling a bit annoyed at MW.

I still don't get MW. I understand his feeling but didn't he notice that JC is having such a hard life after that event. In case that JC really involved in the match fixing, he is getting the punishment.

That match is not fair but he benefited from that and having a good life right now. Although he wants to win against JC again but intervening in JC's family is really too much. 

And the wife though... I understand her but writing MW's autobiography is one thing I will never understand. <_<

it is just sad because JC was once a renowned boxer. but she is going to write the story of her husband's boxing rival. 

New stills, Bad Papa tonight !!

20181008085411022.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11707168

11 hours ago, nyk said:

And the wife though... I understand her but writing MW's autobiography is one thing I will never understand. <_<

it is just sad because JC was once a renowned boxer. but she is going to write the story of her husband's boxing rival. 

Well, when you need the money to keep the roof over your head, I don't think there is anything wrong with writing an autobiography?

14 hours ago, nyk said:

I still don't get MW. .

And the wife though... I understand her but writing MW's autobiography 

MW only appeared in 4-5 scenes so we don't know much about him or any other character(except YJC).

I think she made a sensible choice. These days she doesn't have high opinion of her husband.:sweatingbullets:

Bad Papa Episode 3-4 Recap

Bad Papa Episode 3-4

11 years ago…

In a boxing stadium in Japan Yoo Ji Cheol (Jang Hyuk) is fighting a Japanese fighter in the fifth round. As expected he’s doing well which doesn’t make the Japanese crowd happy but the Korean fans are thrilled. When Ji Cheol knocks the other fighter down everything indicates the end of the fight it near. To avoid the count down from the referee, the other fighter grabs his groin and indicates Ji Cheol illegally hit him there. Waiting in the corner for the referee to count down his opponent, Ji Cheol smiles to his wife, Choi Sun Joo (Son Yeo Eun), and young daughter. We see Lee Min Woo (another fighter) in the audience. But the Japanese fighter suddenly gets up and rushes to Ji Cheol and delivers a serious blow to the unguarded Ji Cheol. The match continues but the blow has messed with Ji Cheol. The Japanese fighter gains the advantage pelting him with blow after blow. Ji Cheol goes down. To the horrified faces of his manager, family and fans, Ji Cheol can’t get back up. The referee calls Ji Cheol down for the count.

https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2018/10/08/bad-papa-episode-3-4-recap/

Archived